Best remedies for morning sickness? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 04-13-2007, 09:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
PLEASE help me out here. I'm so sick. It never goes away, it's all day and all night.
#2 of 10 Old 04-14-2007, 12:46 AM

If you can keep food down i highly recommend chocolate covered ginger....it really helped me quite a bit....or if you really like the taste of ginger i think you can get it uncovered

i am sorry you have that horrible of morning sickness, i hope it goes away for you soon....
#3 of 10 Old 04-14-2007, 11:29 AM

There is a post on this back a page, more ideas there. Probiotics worked best for me.

Homeschooling mom of two plus baby R born December 16 love.gif
#4 of 10 Old 04-14-2007, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinangels04 View Post
There is a post on this back a page, more ideas there. Probiotics worked best for me.
Hmmm. I take probiotics. Maybe one capsule a day isn't enough. How much did you take?
#5 of 10 Old 04-14-2007, 06:38 PM

Dr. Sears has a "24 ways to ease morning sickness" list on his site here: http://www.askdrsears.com/html/1/T010102.asp

A lot of it is common sense, but there might be something you hadn't thought of yet, or needed a reminder about.

Flavored but not sweetened seltzer water helps me somewhat. I like the lemon-lime flavor. Sleepytime Tea (Celestial Seasonings, it's like chamomile/peppermint) is also yummy to me right now.

Some people take B6 to help with m/s.

I'm banning onions and garlic from our house for the time being, and I'm trying to make everything as CLEAN and scent-free as possible when I'm this exhuasted. Even a tiny whiff of a strong scent kills me.

I hope it gets better for you soon!

may my heart always be open to little birds who are the secrets of living whatever they sing is better than to know  - e.e. cummings
#6 of 10 Old 04-14-2007, 10:53 PM

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

sleep.........
#7 of 10 Old 04-15-2007, 02:31 AM

Oh, honey, I feel for you. I had it until 13 w, 5 d. It was awful. The two things that were most useful were seabands (elastic wristbands I bought at CVS that press on your accupressure point that corresponds to nausea) and, believe it or not, 8 sips of coca-cola in the morning per my MW. the lower your blood sugar goes, the worse it gets. Walks outside really help, but I understand that it is too much to ask of a sick woman. Carbs helped me feel better.
#8 of 10 Old 04-15-2007, 03:10 AM

Completely medical... but Zofran was the ONLY thing which worked. I had hyperemesis gravidia... so I know about all day sickenss.
#9 of 10 Old 04-15-2007, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intorainbowz View Post
Completely medical... but Zofran was the ONLY thing which worked. I had hyperemesis gravidia... so I know about all day sickenss.
same here - only zofran didn't work for me. They tried it, pheregan, and several others.

Compazine worked great though - just can't take it during the 1st tri.

and to the OP
#10 of 10 Old 04-15-2007, 10:08 AM

I barfed pretty much every hour or so right up until the 12th week, and then once or twice a day after that for another week or so. Nothing kept me from being sick and I did not try taking medication. I focused on eating/drinking foods that were more or less pleasant to vomit and moving around as little as possible. I survived by drinking tiny sips of gatorade and Vanilla Ensure Plus--both room temp.

I sure hope you find something that works for you and you feel better really soon.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page