implantation bleeding or period? give me ur stories too! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-17-2007, 03:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone

I was due for my period this past sunday and I got it a day early..for me that has NEVER happened..if my cycle is 'off' it's ALWAYS late rather than too soon..

also, it's ALWAYS always always minimum 8 days long, up to 12 days and very heavy for at least 5-6 days...
so here comes this period, one day early AND only had heavy(ish) bleeding 2 days and then suddenly went to almost nothing on day 3..it's now day 5 and still just spotting...(as in maybe a dime sized drop the entire day..sorry TMI..almost dont even need a pantyliner)

could this be implantation or is it not characteristic of implantation bleeding to last this long? if it was/is implantation bleeding is it usually darker/lighter/more brown/etc than a period?

I tested on monday and it came out negative..(would have been 1 day late)

any ideas?

thx in advance.
off topic slightly... us women are nuts...we dont want to be pregnant yet we're all sad when we see a negative : or is it just me?

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2007, 03:59 AM

I have three children. We ttc each pregnancy and each time I would anxiously await the period or non-period. Because it took several attempts per pregnancy I have a bit of experience with spotting versus periods. It sounds to me like you had your period albeit a strange one for you. Spotting is not heavy like you described. I only had implantation spotting with my first pregnancy and it was definitely not like a period. With the last pregnancy, my last period before conception seemed like there was spotting for a couple days, and then the big rush came. This is not "normal" for me, but really our bodies do funny things sometimes. It definitely had me hanging on for a couple of days though.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:29 AM

From what I remember w/ implantation bleeding, and I have been pregnant 4 times. The flow was more of a "panty liner" flow. For me, it was also not heavy enough for anything other than a liner. I think it was light and brown like for about 3 days.

But I hope I'm wrong in your case..
Old 05-17-2007, 04:58 PM

I've had implantation bleeding twice, and both times it was light spotting. In fact with this pregnancy it was actually just two little spots of bloody mucous when I wiped and a couple of hours of cramps. Last time (a previous MC, I didn't have implantation bleeding with my son, so I guess it doesn't happen every time), it was a day of spotting and then it went away completely.

Spending all of my money and time on this wild, wild life.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

took an hpt today..

oh well, I didnt want to be pregnant anyway right???

Helping women overcome postpartum depression and birth trauma. http://www.postmommyhood.com

User Tag List