vent ~everyone's crapping on our name choice - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-19-2007, 01:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh we got so much cr@p from people when we named our first. Even perfect strangers made rude comments, his name is Alias as in not his real name it's an alias. I was stunned and shocked by how rude and thoughtless people were. My mom also tried to re-name him after he was born by pronouncing his name with a slighty different inflection. So so rude.

5 years later and the dissenters have quieted and any rude comments don't reach my ears anymore. And my soon to be 5 year old son absolutely loves his name and tells me and others often. He thinks it's super cool!

I am sure Warren will feel the same way about his name too. I've never met an uncool Warren.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2007, 01:53 AM

oops

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

Old 05-19-2007, 01:59 AM

I think that Warren is a perfectly wonderful name and if you want to name your child that---- go right ahead that is one of the great things about being a parent, you can name the babe!!!!
We got loads of flack for our kid's names, all five of them...
ds 1 Rory my in-laws mispronounced it for almost 6 months!!!!! I always
point out that it only has 4 letters and 1 repeats!!
dd Elodie (like melodie without the m) which was my great- aunt's name
ds Cealan (pronounced calen) but spelled in Gaelic
ds Seamus the most grief is about this one... people cannot either figure out that it is not shaymus or they cannot pronounce it, they will call him sea mus
ds Finnegan the only name that the 6 of us could agree on- it was either Finn or Kermit (which our family liked but everyone else hated)
We homeschool so it is highly unlikely that anyone other than my in-laws would ever make fun of the names. When Seamus was born we had liked the name Kieran and my fil said, "that's a girl's name" , I changed it but not because of the comment because he was definately a Seamus.....btw my fil complained about the name Seamus and I (in my postpartum voice) yelled YOUR NAME IS JAMES!!!!!!! Finally after dh explained it fil began bragging about the name choice. We are so famous for naming 'weird' names that when we called to tell teh inlaws when our youngest was born they asked that the name not be too bad......
laura

laura, dh Brian, ds Rory 14, dd Ellie 13, ds Caelan 11, ds Seamus 9, ds Finn 7 and Penelope 2 !!!!

Old 05-19-2007, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aylaanne View Post
If my baby's a girl? Her name is Aiobhlinn.
how do you pronounce that? what does it mean?

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

User Tag List