A re-intro and twin birth support needed... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-26-2007, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Mamas!

I haven't posted here in ages, and have finally found my way back.
After lurking about for a while today, it is great to see some old familiar faces, and lots of new ones of course!

I am the proud Mama to 3 little girls, ages 6, 4 & 2, birth Mother to a 22 year old somewhere out in the world, and I am currently a gestational surrogate, pregnant with twins for a wonderful couple.

I am almost 35 weeks, and starting to feel some angst about the upcoming birth. My first 2 births were C-sections, the third a Midwife supported VBA2C's, and the fourth a HBA2C's.
The intended parents were not open at all to a homebirth this time, so a hospital birth it is.
I have done my preparations, I have a Doula, my Best friend will be attending as well, I have a super liberal supportive OB, I have been using Hypnobirthing again, I have been eating well and other than being terminally huge, I'm in great health.
I plan on laboring at home as long as sensible-my last birth was 2.5 hours, and live about 2 mins from the hospital. OH and both babies are vertex!!!

I am sort of talking this all out here, and really feel that I have done everything possible to best my odds at having an uncomplicated vaginal birth, I just have some anxiety and fears that are niggling at me about having to deliver in the OR as per hospital policy.

I would absolutely LOVE to hear any positive twin birth stories, or recommended readings and get my mind back on the right track.

(also it this is more appropriate elsewhere, let me know! )
(It feels good to be back! )
#2 of 2 Old 05-26-2007, 06:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wanted to say... Great Job!
I think you have done a fantastic job in your pregnancy and preparing for your birth!!

I don't have a twin story to share, except there is a video out there called the Unassited Home Twin birth I think. One or both were breech and it was super comforting watching it!!

I'm so happy you found an Ob that will deliver twins vaginally... so awesome!!

I think once you start your birthdance.. you'll go inside and find your way with all your experience!!

I also think it's completely normal to have anxiety and fear. And when if comes up if a great way to let it out, so great job posting and searching!!

Your best friend/doula prob has some great tricks in to turning the OR into a comfortable place for you... music, pictures, so forth, maybe even some sunglasses to cut the lights

Just wanted to send you some love, I think what you are doing is an amazing thing, and sacrificing what you would want for your birth, and your babies... for other people to be included in that is really something!!!
Big Hugs!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page