Strange, "pulsating" pregnancy symptom?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-30-2007, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm pregnant with #2 and have felt this strange pregnancy symptom for a while and wanted to see if anyone else has heard about it... It hasn't really given me a reason to worry, hence the reason I forgot to mention it at my last ob appointment.

I'm feeling a strange pulsating sensation near the bottom of my pelvic bones. It's almost as if there's a tube of some sort with a pulsating liquid running through... perhaps even like a "purring" sensation (this sounds really weird, I just can't think of another way to describe it). I feel it when I'm sitting down or standing up...I've tried timing it with my pulse and sometimes the pulsating feeling occurs every 6-10 heart beat pulses (usually when I'm standing) or every half second (usually when I'm sitting), but longer than a single heart beat.

Wild, uneducated guess...could it be the pulsing umbilical cord I'm feeling? I didn't have this sensation with my first pregancy. Should I be worried?

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2007, 06:06 PM

I'd guess it's more likely to be your lower aorta, but who knows.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:54 PM

I would think the same thing - a lot more blood being pumped down there!

I started seeing my belly pulsating starting at 4 weeks and it hasn't stopped yet. Thought it was strange at first but then it started to make sense after I got my BFP!

-katie

Momma to Sofia Hope 11/08 & Anna Grace 9/10
Old 05-30-2007, 09:50 PM

My belly started pulsating with dd, and it never stopped! I'm sure it was actually happening before hand, but not so obviously. I have to assume it's blood vessel also, but it's pretty funny to watch your abdomen "jump" so pronouncedly when you're not pregnant!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

Old 05-30-2007, 09:56 PM

It's an alien in there! :

Sounds like a lot of increased bloodflow to me, but if it's not painful and everything else seems okay there's probably no reason to fret.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:24 PM

I had a period of time around twenty weeks where it felt like my whole belly wasw buzzing, like I had swallowed a vibrating cat toy...

chicken3.gif   We're remote ECing, unschooling, free ranging goat dairy farmers.  

User Tag List