Pregnant w/ #1 in our 30s June Thread - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 312 Old 06-29-2007, 11:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
happy birthday Natalia and PiePie!

I'm saving my big update for when we've made it 4 weeks with G (only a few days more) and till there's a JULY thread... but mostly I wanted to be reply #300 :

veganone: I obsessed over the birth stories thread and also the previous DDCs to mine. You're right, it's hard on you. I tried to have positive imagery/thoughtsI could bring to mind to clear out negativities.

books: highly recommend the birth partner for, well, the birth partner. We basically read that together instead of taking classes (just did a one day course that was not a specific technique). they did have us do some drawing and when DH tried to flake out of it, I gave him a very snarky reminder that birth would involve being naked and in pain and a number of things I didn't particularly want to do either, and with that in mind would it really be so hard for him to pick up a crayon and put in some effort here?
#302 of 312 Old 06-29-2007, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_dr View Post
but mostly I wanted to be reply #300 :
darn, missed it!!
#303 of 312 Old 06-29-2007, 11:46 AM

I am obsessed with reading books about pregnancy, birth, baby development, parenting, and especially social policy issues around working (outside the home) and mothering/parenting. I have an hour and a half commute each way, and the only thing that makes it tolerable is that I get to read these things. DH has been complaining that I am becoming one-dimensional intellectually, so I am trying to branch out and read some non-baby-related things -- I recently finished a history of the only successful slave rebellion (in Haiti). But truth be told, I enjoy the baby stuff more. It's just where my head and heart are right now, you know?
#304 of 312 Old 06-29-2007, 11:48 AM

Quote:
ha

books: highly recommend the birth partner for, well, the birth partner.
My DH loved it too -- I would say if you can only get your partner to read one book, this should be it. My DH said he learned way more there than in the birth class...
#305 of 312 Old 06-29-2007, 12:28 PM

Quote:
darn, missed it!!
Sorry! But you did get to be top of the page...

The Birth Partner, hunh? Maybe we should add that to our stack of books. I can't get DH to read ANYTHING and now that it's third tri time I feel like he must read SOMETHING. I started freaking out the other day because HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW THE STAGES OF LABOR. What to expect from me. Whatever. I know we have a class starting soon but still, you'd think a person who after all is getting a PhD in English would be up for a modicum of research.

Okay, I have to "work" now.
#306 of 312 Old 06-29-2007, 12:47 PM

Minnow, not to worry. i bet your dh will come around. mine actually focused when i could say "the baby will be full term in 2 months." why 3 months didn't do it for him i don't know. and he has finished only one book; this level of reading from a man with a phd in a social science. he keeps joking that he will cram en route to the hosp. i find that so not funny!!
#307 of 312 Old 06-29-2007, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
they did have us do some drawing and when DH tried to flake out of it, I gave him a very snarky reminder that birth would involve being naked and in pain and a number of things I didn't particularly want to do either, and with that in mind would it really be so hard for him to pick up a crayon and put in some effort here?
CJ - That is so funny and I am TOTALLY going to use that line on DH next time he tries to avoid the "foofier" parts of birthing class. How is Miss G doing?! How are YOU doing? I am so happy you stopped by to say hi

Okay since CJ brought it up - who is hosting the July thread?!
#308 of 312 Old 06-29-2007, 05:59 PM

I'm trying to get dh to read the Birth Partner too... He's not a big reader (engineer), and in bed does math puzzles while I read. We could not be any different in that! I think he will start to once I get farther along. He's only just now really relating to the fact HIS baby's in there and is gettting very sweet about my belly. I'll probably start really getting on him to read it in another month or so.

Is anyone else freaked out by how fast the pregnancy is going by? I feel like the 2nd trimester just flew passed!
#309 of 312 Old 06-29-2007, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganone View Post
Is anyone else freaked out by how fast the pregnancy is going by? I feel like the 2nd trimester just flew passed!
Yes. You and I have pretty similar dates; I think I'm like a week ahead of you. But the first trimester took forever. Number two was over in a flash.
#310 of 312 Old 06-29-2007, 06:32 PM

Emily, I'm happy to host the July thread!

Ok, so you all convinced me. I just ordered The Birth Partner. Yay.

Dee, I know what you mean about not setting yourself up for failure. I met with my doula today and we talked about that. She gave me a video tape on epidurals (though I don't know how we'll watch it.. I have no idea where our VCR is packed up). I just want to have info. Thanks for asking about the condo and daycare -- we hope to have a closing date in the next few weeks, and daycare has been secured for a few months now. Yay!

Sorry for the lack of personals, busy busy! Hope you're all doing great!
#311 of 312 Old 07-01-2007, 08:35 AM

Elizabeth - I'm also freaked about how quickly the weeks seem to be piling on. I'm already at 30wks???? That means only 10wks left ... I guess I should try to sort out all the clothes and diapers and start washing stuff soon...
Yesterday we had a bbq and there were 3 2yo boys and I got so annoyed!!! Then I was thinking maybe I rushed into having kids! I'm not so sure I'm ready to have children.
Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes... I was checking myself out in the mirror to see if 36 looks any different but really the only thing I notice is more gray hair and geez I've still got acne!! The number is more scary than the reality, I hope that stays true for a loooooooooong time.
I'm battling some depression here (not related to my age though) - it is so hard to stay home. I think I'm going to try the advice I got I think from Julia about establishing a routine of some sort. I start tomorrow... see if that helps me feel a bit better.

Well happy weekend everyone!
#312 of 312 Old 07-01-2007, 10:53 AM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page