Pregnant w/ #1 in our 30s June Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 312 Old 06-05-2007, 10:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
: we had our baby girl this morning, Gabriella Lucille, 8 pounds 1 oz, born at 3:02 am.

Mamas, I had a very tough and dramatic last 6 hours of labor - (the previous 12 were ok). Many details to follow I will post a story once I've processed things a bit and figured out which way is 'up.'

thank you all for your labor vibes, I am so in love. I thought I had an idea of how much she would mean to me, but it is nothng like the real thing. She's doing great...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 312 Old 06-05-2007, 10:59 PM

OMG CJ congratulations!!!!

:

Dee, mommy to Miss M 11/07 and little Miss I 5/10/10!
#63 of 312 Old 06-05-2007, 11:46 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats CJ!!!!
Welcome to the world Gabriella :

CJ - Rest, bond, heal, and have a happy babymoon!!! Thank you so much for updating so soon. I am extremely excited for you and your family.
#64 of 312 Old 06-06-2007, 12:00 AM

CJ, I am so happy for you! I love the name Gabriella!! Congratulations on all your hard work.
#65 of 312 Old 06-06-2007, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dctexan View Post
Cher - I updated your info - so glad you decided to delurk

Elizabeth - The two pumps I am considering are Ameda Purely Yours and Medela Pump In Style.
i started a poll in bfing with that very question. the answer was decided pis. a number of women had used both. i was pretty set on the py before that poll, based on amazon reviews. it didn't hurt that the py is a little cheaper too. the other one folks on that thread raved about was the isis duo.
#66 of 312 Old 06-06-2007, 06:12 AM

Congratulations CJ!!!! I'm so excited for you and your family. Gabriella is a beautiful name! Welcome!!!!
#67 of 312 Old 06-06-2007, 06:22 AM

: :
Congratulations CJ!
Welcome Gabriella!

: :
#68 of 312 Old 06-06-2007, 10:21 AM

OMG OMG! I'm so happy to read this! What a beautiful name. Welcome, Gabriella! Congratulations, CJ, to you and your family.

Yes, rest, bond, heal... then post a picture. I can't wait to read the story; sounds exciting.
#69 of 312 Old 06-06-2007, 10:32 AM

Congratulations CJ!

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#70 of 312 Old 06-06-2007, 11:10 AM

Congratulations CJ! Beautiful name, Gabriella...I love it! Yay! Can't wait to hear the story, after you've rested up!
#71 of 312 Old 06-06-2007, 11:14 AM

Toxoplasmosis: Am I not taking this seriously enough? I don't do cat litter (he goes outside anyway, much like the other neighborhood cats), but I do kiss him on the mouth sort of. And yeah, he hunts. Also, I pet the neighborhood cats. Is this all fine, or should I become germophobic about touching any of these animals?
#72 of 312 Old 06-06-2007, 11:28 AM

CJ, congrats on your baby girl!

Welcome to the world, Gabriella!

I hope mom and baby and daddy are all doing great.

Breast pumps -- a friend who went back to work told me that the Medela Pump in Style Advanced is the best thing ever for working moms. I registered for it, but if I don't get it I'll try to find a used one cheaper because they're like, $320 or something crazy like that.
#73 of 312 Old 06-06-2007, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Breast pump hint that may help someone -
Some insurance companies WILL cover the cost (or at least part of the cost) of a breast pump (including PIS) if your child's pediatrician writes a prescription for it. According to my friend who did this, she had the ped write the prescription, then she called her insurance company before ordering the pump and told them that the pediatrician gave her the prescription because she was returning to work and the infant needed to continue to be fed breastmilk. She told them that the doctor said she needed a fully automated double breast pump and they let her fill the prescription for a Medela Pump in Style Advanced! Apparently it was covered under durable medical equipment or something.
#74 of 312 Old 06-06-2007, 12:08 PM

now that this baby is beginning to seem real to DH ("2 more months," I say to him, because that would be term, if not my EDD, and he is like ), coop hunting is the form his nesting instinct is taking. It is so cute! If more than a bit scary for me (the prices in Manhattan are OUTRAGEOUS!). I feel like I have stepped into "Make Way for Ducklings."
#75 of 312 Old 06-06-2007, 12:48 PM

has anyone seen the gingham bikini at motherhood?? i think it looks so cute, but i can't justify $35 for something short term...
#76 of 312 Old 06-06-2007, 12:49 PM

YOU SCIENTISTS OUT THERE will probably enjoy the book I started reading this morning, What's Going on in There? by L. Eliot.
#77 of 312 Old 06-06-2007, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~minnow~ View Post
Toxoplasmosis: Am I not taking this seriously enough? I don't do cat litter (he goes outside anyway, much like the other neighborhood cats), but I do kiss him on the mouth sort of. And yeah, he hunts. Also, I pet the neighborhood cats. Is this all fine, or should I become germophobic about touching any of these animals?
~minnow~,

I am acting just about the same as you are and I am not worrying. DH does litter boxes, but we've got four cats and I am interacting with them just the same as I would normally. We "co-sleep" with all four, so you can imagine it's pretty cozy!

Now, our fur-babies are exclusively indoor cars, so as I understand it, the risk of toxiplasmosis is higher for cats that eat prey that could be infected. But, most things I've read also say that a lot of cat owners have been exposed, developed immunity, and thus do not pass on the parasite to their child.

This page from the Humane Society seemed to have some good information.
#78 of 312 Old 06-06-2007, 06:12 PM

Hi! I'm glad to be able to be apart of this. Thank you.

Personally, I still can't believe that there is a baby currently kicking me or something. It didn't take us long to conceive. We were only half trying when it happened. By "half trying", we were just going without birth control and seeing what God had in mind.

As for not getting anything done, well, I'm a housewife and there is too much clutter around. What's scary is that it is June and we're not only looking for this baby in September, but we're moving in August. Yikes. How did it get to be June already? I guess I was too busy being pregnant. Yikes.

Yeah, I'm a bit worried about money, too. I wouldn't think that Andy spent some of his student loan money wisely, but it has helped me stay home so I guess I can't complain too much, or at all. This baby isn't going to be hurting for anything, though. She has one grandmother happily knitting her things and another grandmother (my mom) who happily scours rummage sales on the weekend looking for baby stuff. (My mom is a rummage sale person to begin with, but looking for stuff for grandchildren, especially a new one, is just way more fun for her. My father good naturedly complains.) My sister has offered to loan me some of her daughter's old stuff. Also, some women at church are going to throw me a shower. Yay. Free stuff. Oh, wait. That's not how I'm supposed to look at it.

I have a doctor's appointment this evening at seven. I'm not sure, but I think this is the one for the diabetes testing. I realized that and put down the Diet 7Up I was drinking. I have many one soda a week. Having one a couple of hours before seeing the doctor may not be a good time. My doctor doesn't know I'm vegan. I've heard enough stories of misinformed doctors on that and it just doesn't seem necessary. Therefore, I'm not worried about the diabetes thing.

I'm about 22 weeks pregnant (by my husband's calculations) and I've gone from a 36C to a 40E. No kidding. Those were the only bras at Motherhood Maternity last week that felt comfortable and fit decently. Yikes. Somebody on another board on which I'm active cautioned me about buying too many bras since I might still grow more. Ugh.

Sometime very soon, I need to look into childbirth classes-- Where they're held (besides the hospital), the different types besides Lamze and the one tht starts with a B that I've seen mentioned in some of the stuff I've read, etc. I also need to look into different birthing methods. I'm really wanting a warm water birth. (Idealy, I think I think I would want a midwife and/or doula at home, but since we're moving, it doesn't seem feasible this time.) Eh. Eve didn't have or need this stuff, why do I? Oh, because I have a very overprotective and caring and loving husband who won't buy that line.

Argh. I've not read all of the posts yet (I'm technically only on page two), but I need to get up. The baby's moving a bit and I think she's uncomfortable. I guess that would make sens, I'm sitting in my chair with my legs cross and slouching and leaning forward. Poor thing. Also, it's time for us to decide what's for supper, and avoid another "I don't know, what do you want?" "If I knew what I wanted, I wouldn't be asking you," discussion.

Happy day,
Laura
#79 of 312 Old 06-06-2007, 06:22 PM

Congrats CJ! I hope mom, baby and dad are all doing well.

Becky - I passed my first due date in early April. I had a really tough day, but DH and I went out and bought a tree to plant in our yard. It's a nice blossoming cherry tree that will provide beautiful flowers every spring (April). Having another baby to look forward too was definitely a help, since if I had not m/c, the current child would not be growing right now.

Piepie - thanks for the book recommendation. They have it at the local library, so it's now on my list for the next time I go (current books are due on Monday).

DH comes home tonight! I can't wait. He's been in Norway since last Tuesday and I miss him dearly! I just hope I don't get too emotional at the airport when I go pick him up.
#80 of 312 Old 06-06-2007, 06:38 PM

[QUOTE=jpiper0430;8320009]DH and I went out and bought a tree to plant in our yard. It's a nice blossoming cherry tree that will provide beautiful flowers every spring (April). QUOTE]

that's extremely sweet. becky, does your new condo come with a private yard for such use?
#81 of 312 Old 06-06-2007, 06:40 PM

CJ, Gabriella was on our short list for girl names.
#82 of 312 Old 06-06-2007, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiePie View Post
has anyone seen the gingham bikini at motherhood?? i think it looks so cute, but i can't justify $35 for something short term...
Oh wow, you make me feel the opposite of frugal. I think of $35 as kind of cheap for something that will help me feel awesome during pregnancy... which after all I may only be doing once!

Okay this is why I have debt. Oh well, someone has to.

Nico, thanks for the link. Hi to everyone!
#83 of 312 Old 06-06-2007, 09:37 PM

Quote:
What's scary is that it is June and we're not only looking for this baby in September, but we're moving in August. Yikes.
I hear you!! Also due in September and possibly moving in August. Still waiting on a closing date, then we have to do some updates to the place. I *hope* we can move before this little ninja baby gets here.

Jenn, that's such a sweet idea about the cherry tree... No, Pie, we won't have a private yard, so that idea is out. But I'm sure I can think of a way to mark the day. It definitely helps to have this little one growing, but I'll always honor that first spirit baby. Glad your husband is coming home tonight!
#84 of 312 Old 06-06-2007, 11:24 PM

Congratulations CJ and baby Gabriella!!! What a beautiful name!!! I can't wait to hear about the birth and see pictures! But, of course, when you're up to it. Enjoy bonding with your little one - I still can't believe that I'll be experiencing that in a few months!

Thanks for the breast pump ideas - especially about getting it through insurance. I have a medical reimbursement account for some stuff through work, so maybe I can do that to cover the cost... The Madela one sounds good, I just want to figure out what's comfy!

You might have noticed on the main forum that I pulled a muscle in my abdomen, so I'm stuck at home not doing much but laying on the couch with a ton of pillows. Last night I couldn't get comfortable until about 4:30 when I got all of the spare pillows in the house to make a mountain to lay on. I am now finding laying on my back uncomfortable - I sort of feel like I am not getting enough air unless I'm propped up. And hunching over for my stomach pain is making my shoulders ache, so sleeping on my side hurts too. Bah - I wish I were one of those pregnant women who could still do everything I did pre-pregnancy, but I'm definitely not! I'm also gaining weight a bit fast (2 lbs a week for the last 7 weeks - eek!) - so much for not getting enough as a vegan! The doctor very gently suggested that I shoot for slightly slower gain - I don't feel like I'm eating excessively though.
#85 of 312 Old 06-07-2007, 12:49 PM

I finally broke down and changed my signature. I think it took me about a week to let it all sink in.

Right now, my only symptoms are very sore breasts and some pulling in my uterus. I keep peeing on a stick to make sure I am still pregnant and I am not sure if I can stop.

Looking forward to meeting you all and sharing stories!

librarian mommy (34) to DD (2/08), expecting a BOY in early spring 2011
#86 of 312 Old 06-07-2007, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Aimee - Yay for the siggie change! I think we've all BTDT hesitant to really truly admit that we are pregnant. It took me at least a week to start posting anywhere other than the TTC threads. The POAS behavior stopped when I ran out of sticks!!! I was pretty good about dropping temp taking though - it wasn't exactly my most favorite part of TTC anyway.
I had no real symptoms other than more frequent peeing until I was about 7 weeks along (although I kept getting crampy uterus pulling feelings so I felt like AF was constantly on her way). When is your first appointment? My midwife wouldn't see me until I was 9/10 weeks along and the wait seemed to last FOREVER. However it was sort of awesome that we waited that long because I was able to have the midwife help me find my uterus (which was just barely peeking over the edge of my public bone at that point) AND DH and I got to hear the heartbeat (I didn't have any early ultrasounds so hearing that HB was like finding gold).
#87 of 312 Old 06-07-2007, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dctexan View Post
Breast pump hint that may help someone -
Some insurance companies WILL cover the cost (or at least part of the cost) of a breast pump (including PIS) if your child's pediatrician writes a prescription for it. ... Apparently it was covered under durable medical equipment or something.
Emily does the coverage only apply to health/flex savings accounts or reimbursement accounts? I'd love to have a breast pump covered by insurance but I don't have one of those accounts.

Jenn and Becky
for your anniversaries.

Aimee yay for sig change! It took me a while too.

I'm so excited for my big u/s tomorrow! A little worry is starting to seep in, but I'm still mostly excited. Please send healthy cooperative baby vibes my way!

Dee, mommy to Miss M 11/07 and little Miss I 5/10/10!
#88 of 312 Old 06-07-2007, 07:13 PM

Aimee, glad you changed your sig! I took a long time to change mine too, and even longer to post in my ddc.

I got new maternity clothes today. I wasn't expecting them yet either (it was an online order from old navy) so that's even better. Plus I broke down and bought baby socks (which are sooooo cute!).

Mama to Aeden, : my little NICU grad and Conner and Liam () my precious twins. is due mid April!
#89 of 312 Old 06-07-2007, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

Dee - As I understand it the breastpump is COVERED (as in insurance pays) by some plans. Unfortunately NOT mine (which is Aetna - stupid Aetna will ONLY pay for a pump for babes who are hospitalized OR who have congenital anomalies that interfere with breastfeeding but some other insurance companies WILL cover them (some with a deductible, some with a maximum $ amount, some that cover the whole thing). This is completely separate from the Flex Spending account. I think almost every single insurance company will let you use flex spending $ on the breastpump, but that isn't the same thing as "covering" the costs - afterall the Flex Spending is YOUR money, the only good thing about it is that it isn't taxed.

Oh! And one more thing, DH and I are allowed to contribute more money to our flex spending accounts after the babe is born. So even if your insurance company doesn't end up covering the breastpump, you will probably be able to put money in a flex spending account so at least you save a little by useing pretax $.

Have fun at your u/s tomorrow! I am really hoping that your babe isn't shy and that you get a good look at the boy or girl parts

Christy - yay for new mat. clothes. Always awesome.

Becky - Thinking about you today.
#90 of 312 Old 06-07-2007, 09:42 PM

so i got back from the mw. i was worried about my weight -- at the last visit i had gained 10 lbs. in 4-5 weeks and my mw was freaked. this mw (her partner) thought it was great that i have gained only 2 more lbs. in the past 2 wks. so phew. the baby is head down, so that's great too.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page