Pregnant w/ #1 in our 30s June Thread - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 312 Old 06-22-2007, 02:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Natalia, hugs to you. Not working is a big adjustment! I'm sure you'll settle into a routine soon enough. And you'll be grateful at the en dof the pregnancy for the time to get stuff done around the house, or just sleep if that's what you want to do.

Julia, it's definitely difficult to adjust to the added girth of our baby homes! At this point, though, it's hard to remember what my body was like before I grew this thing. Hm.

cicely, sounds like you're doing everything right!
#242 of 312 Old 06-22-2007, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Good lord ladies, this thread moves sooooo freaking fast!!! I can barely keep up :
Here are my comments based on things people said waaaay back on page 11...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace24 View Post
I can't find a non-underwire bra anymore because I'm now BIGGER than an E cup and no-one carries them. Motherhood had an underwire and I bought it out of desparation, and it's not black. (I have to wear black for work.) Really, there are no preggers bigger than an E cup? Jeez! Frustrating. I'm gonna have to do an online search.
Julia - Have you looked at sports bras? I tried on Goddess sports bra after I had my no-bras-fit-me melt down and LOVED it. So supportive and no underwire. It was extremely pricey - but anything for our "special needs" boobs is going to be pricey. Not sure if it comes in black, but it might be worth checking out.

Also hooray for movement. Those first flutters are so reassuring- yet so weird. Remind me - when is the u/s...about 2 weeks right?!

As for the "neat" tickers, if you are talking about the ones that look like this
****5****10***:15****20, we all just made them using astrix and numbers!!! Feel free to copy (I think I copied the idea from Becky).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorGroover View Post
I have a 10.5 year old shepherd mix too and I hate to watch her getting older and stiff in her joints. My rottie is 7 now and they have 8-10 year lifespans so I try not to think about the future without them. OMG I'm tearing up just thinking about it. I've actually considered getting a miniature horse b/c they live about 30 years!
Yep, my old lady pup can move me to tears too. She has been my companion for 13 years now. I've had her longer than I have known DH. She is totally old and cranky now (with a touch of crazy thrown in there for good measure) but I still love her to bits. Pets are just so awesome.

Quote:
I'm feeling movement for sure now too & it's so cool! She seems to get really active after I eat sugar - dunno if that's good or not!
Number one way for me to activate the babe is sugar I guess he gets a little rush.

Quote:
Is it normal to feel yucky again around 20 weeks? This week I've been truly exhausted, eating weird, and feeling big and uncomfortable. I hope it's just an awkward stage.

I'm finally excited about having a little girl! Everyone in my DDC is finding out gender now and I still have small pangs of jealousy when boys are announced - especially twin boys! BUT I'm starting to picture how beautiful my baby is and imagining girly activities like ballet and girl scouts with her in the future. I'm having fun putting registries together too. These socks pushed me right over the edge!
Well, if you follow the same path I did, you are about to enter a BIG growth spurt and I imagine it is a HUGE drain on your energy reserves. I gained a lot of weight and my belly grew a ton between 21/22 weeks-28 weeks. I seem to be (finally) slowing down again - although I have not adjusted to all of the extra "me" (bumping into things, spilling stuff all over myself, lost my balance in yoga, etc.).

I am super duper excited for your little girl and I am glad you are getting there. I hear you about the pangs of jealousy (especially when I see mom's and daughters out in public - particularly preteen/teenagers and their mom).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiePie View Post
what does it mean if my maternity pants are too tight?
Um, obviously it means that maternity clothes SUCK!!! My pants aren't really fitting anymore either :

Jenn - Just want you to know that I am thinking about you and your mom!!!

Judy & Cicely - I finally added you to the front. Sorry about the delay. I have been feeling like a leaden slug this week and am having a really tough time getting anything done. Congrats and welcome!
BTW Cicely - I guessed that your due date was Feb. Please correct me if I am wrong.
#243 of 312 Old 06-22-2007, 06:50 PM

oh. that's right-- sorry i forgot to say! Thanks for adding me; it's exciting to see my name up there! (I've been having a little trouble believing that this is all real.)

Me , him , and the two most beautiful little lovey girls in the world: 3/08 and 1/10. Planning our escape from the treadmill!
#244 of 312 Old 06-22-2007, 08:26 PM

Cicely - On worrying - I still check every morning to make sure my belly is still there!!! Like it would have disappeared overnight, right? I'm finally getting used to having a belly, but it's still strange and I do worry too. I am being able to keep it from being too intense, but as things go on you'll feel more secure in it. It is astonishing how people will tell you their horror stories, though. I am constantly having to shut up the secretary in my office because she feels the need to tell me, in graphic detail and with awful faces, how painful and horrible labor is. Nice, huh? I've said many times "I'm scared enough and you're not helping - I don't want to hear it." but it doesn't stick! Ugh! I've also had the miscarraige and premature stories... People are so insensitive at times.

Natalia - Like the dork I am, we got the dark gray base and are undecided on the fleece still! But, we're trying to get at least one big purchase down a month so that we don't have to buy too much at the end... It's between green and red, but DH still wants orange. It's nice, but I think too bright for her little eyes. I want a RELAXING color for her. He also thinks it's fun to antagonize me.

I feel for you and being unemployed. As much as I love to think I'd enjoy time off, I am not good with idle time. I end up being super lazy and unproductive and then feel bad about myself for being lazy and unproductive... I actually sent my resume in for the other job today - we'll see what happens. I heard they are filling it FAST, so I may actually have been too late. It's crazy to even think about moving right now, but I sort of felt like tossing in my hat and seeing what happens. Please feel free to vent - I sort of view this forum as an opportunity to do just that!

Oh, girl names:
Chloe
Hannah
Elise (still on our list, but it's not looking like we're using it)
Lily
Lola

Grace - I remember the exact day it first really hit me that this baby had to come OUT. I flipped out in the car with DH in the Babies R Us parking lot at 20 weeks. Just totally started crying and gave him this huge guilt trip about needing to know that I could depend on him during labor, etc. and how it's all a big joke to him (that's his nature, but he's always been there when I needed him without fail). I am definitely more at peace now, but that first realization was powerful! Oh, and I was in all maternity pants by 12-13 weeks, so please don't feel bad about growing out of your clothes! I was showing so early that people kept telling me it was twins. Jerks! It's just how I'm carrying her, I guess, I have a huge belly but from the back I look normal (except for the back fat and bigger behind).

My in-laws are coming to stay with us for a couple of weeks in mid-July. I'm happy they're coming, but stressed about having extra people in our tiny house when it's 100 degrees and I'm huge. It also means we will really need to pull the baby's room together before then because right now it's just crammed with our guest room furniture and the crib, stroller, etc. We need to consolodate the office and guest room...

Hope you all have lovely weekends if I don't check in! (I'm never on the computer at home...)
#245 of 312 Old 06-23-2007, 12:53 AM

Cicely...good for you. Women can be kind of sadistic that way, wanting to share their horror stories. Strange. When I said I was getting married, none of my friends (and almost all of them had been divorced) said, "Congratulations, let's hope it works," and told me all about their divorces. I don't understand. Anyhow...good for you with the dairy...I've always been kind of anti-dairy but I finally succumbed to the milk cravings. Milk hasn't tasted good to me since I was about 12, but I can't get enough! I'll get rid of it after I grow the baby...I figure he/she needs it for building bones, right?

Ok, bra update...I got a couple in the mail. One is a "Tatiana" from Breakoutbra.com, a size 38F. It, like, just fits. AGH! But it's pretty comfy... I finally abandoned maternity bras and just started looking for plus-size non-wire bras. Then I got a Spanx "brallelujah" (do these names crack you up or what) which is comfy, but, again, barely big enough. I have another couple coming from JC Penny (I got fed up and just started ordering bras online the other day). DH, of course, is in heaven...he doesn't care that he can't touch. He's just happy to look. And oh-so-proud.
#246 of 312 Old 06-23-2007, 11:34 AM

Can I join in? I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow due in late February and I'm 33. I've been lurking here while the fact of being pregnant started to feel real. Yesterday I outgrew my bra, so I guess it's real! I've also been crampy and craving water and orange juice. I'm not a big plain water drinker--or I wasn't--but now I can't get enough. I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg!
#247 of 312 Old 06-23-2007, 11:48 AM

So am I the only person on this forum whose breasts have gotten bigger but is still wearing an A cup? A luscious, cleavage-y A-cup, but an A cup nonetheless.

Julia, we're still waiting for pix of you in your finery!

Cicely, I saw your other thread about whether or not to do a test. The first few weeks are nerve-wracking, no way around it. I was able to hear the heartbeat by, I think, ten weeks so that helped a lot. I'm glad it sounds like you're a little more relaxed!

Elizabeth... I have a similar thing going on in mid-July. No one's staying with us (because where would they sleep?) but my in-laws are coming to town to throw us a shower. (On my birthday... sigh.) And then we move a couple of weeks later. I'm sort of in denial about the whole thing. So far, only one has actually come out with the "Let me tell you the story of so and so's baby who died during homebirth" motif but the rest of them ask these POLITE questions that are really about testing me. Plus, this means we have to clean the house before we move, since the shower is here.
#248 of 312 Old 06-23-2007, 11:49 AM

Hi Jen! Welcome and congrats!
#249 of 312 Old 06-23-2007, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~minnow~ View Post
So am I the only person on this forum whose breasts have gotten bigger but is still wearing an A cup? A luscious, cleavage-y A-cup, but an A cup nonetheless.
No.

Me , him , and the two most beautiful little lovey girls in the world: 3/08 and 1/10. Planning our escape from the treadmill!
#250 of 312 Old 06-23-2007, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~minnow~ View Post
Oh, minnow, you're making me so jealous! I haven't seen an A cup since I was 12. Sigh. Anything larger is so dang hot. (And unfortunately, I am way larger - 40DD and growing!)

Julia, thanks for posting about online bra sources. I'll be checking that way very soon.

Natalia, I *adore* your new niece's name. How beautiful. I hope you and your DH can make a decision soon.
(I have a dear friend named Laura Elizabeth. If we already hadn't agreed on a girl's name, I think that would've been the winner for us.)

As it is, my mom was confused by our girl name but will come around (she knows how stubborn I can be, so there's no changing it). Mom definitely wants another granddaughter, too -- every time we talk, she brings it up!
So she'll have to get used to it.

More later. I've got to take the two newest citizens of PDX to get library cards!

Cher
16 weeks w/biokid #1, loving aunt to N (8) & T(6)
#251 of 312 Old 06-23-2007, 11:23 PM

[QUOTE=dctexan;8452087]Um, obviously it means that maternity clothes SUCK!!! [QUOTE]

Target ones were a big mistake. Burlington Coat Factory ones are holding up much better!!
#252 of 312 Old 06-23-2007, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganone View Post
It is astonishing how people will tell you their horror stories, though. I am constantly having to shut up the secretary in my office because she feels the need to tell me, in graphic detail and with awful faces, how painful and horrible labor is. Nice, huh? I've said many times "I'm scared enough and you're not helping - I don't want to hear it." but it doesn't stick! Ugh! I've also had the miscarraige and premature stories... People are so insensitive at times.
I have heard those stories almost every day at work! work is tricky because I feel less comfortable telling colleagues off. With friends and family I would just be direct, but at work it's kind of hard to say, "Well, I am going to make different choices than you" (because your choices were stupid!).
#253 of 312 Old 06-23-2007, 11:43 PM

veganone, of your girl names, i like hannah the best.

dh and i had our first real discussion about naming last night. it was good. a little disappointing that he is not as bullish as i am on my #1's (after he removed many would-be #1's earlier in the process), but he likes my #2 for a girl, and my #3 for a girl is his first choice (came to him in a dream! which is so not characteristic of him). let's say my name choices (1, 2, and 3) ranked as 3, 2, 1 in his book. wouldn't 2 be the fair compromise, such that neither party is losing? that's what i am thinking. he doesn't really groove to naming baby for ancestors, prefers historical heroes. so we are leaning toward a boys' middle name who is a historical hero to him and a girls's middle name that would honor a deceased relative of mine. we'll see. he is not yet sold on the latter, but i think he should show a little more flex with regard to middle names (as long as he doesn't hate it).

more to write but going to go pay attention to dh now. he will never believe i am choosing him over mdc!
#254 of 312 Old 06-23-2007, 11:47 PM

welcome jen! congratulations!
#255 of 312 Old 06-24-2007, 11:31 AM

Welcome, Jen! Glad to have you with us! Congrats on your pregnancy!!
#256 of 312 Old 06-24-2007, 02:13 PM

Jen... and congratulations! I love seeing new members!

Minnow...I forgot about the pictures! That would mean I'd have to consent to having pictures taken of me when I feel like a whale, and I don't know that it's going to happen. Maybe eventually... sometime this summer...

Natalia, congrats on your niece. How cool to have her daughter and your baby so close in age!

Elizabeth... my fears about the birth are being worked through. It helped that my therapist offered to actually BE there... I have former trauma and my big worry is that if I'm in labor too long it'll trigger a flashback and I'll age regress and the doctor won't know what to do, so I may need to tell her my history and explain that if I start seeming like a child for a minute, don't sedate me or anything, DH knows what to do. It's the reason I'm not trying for a natural birth... I am worried that the pain factor would really freak me out. I really wanted to try for a birth center type thing but I just think it would set me up to freak out. So anyhow, I'm just planning on having a couple people there who know my situation...DH, our friend Molly, maybe my therapist on call, and my teddy bear I'll get through it. It probably won't be as bad as I think.

I woke up in the middle of the night with a muscle spasm that made me cry... I had it last night, it's because of our new computer setup... anything that makes me hold my right shoulder up (the mouse being on the desk, for example) causes issues. (Years of playing the violin in that position have made my right shoulder sorta sensitive.) Anyhow I took Advil which my doctor had said was ok til 30 weeks, and did a heating pad, and had DH rub some Traumeil cream on it. It was miserable. Now I'm afraid to move to trigger it again.

For the record, the Tatiana plus-size bra I bought is totally itchy and I hate it. Ugh.

Today, more organizing of the house. I love seeing this place come together! Everything we do is designed to de-clutter and organize so I'm feeling better about both of us tending towards being slobs... as long as we have a system we can keep it under control!

Have a great day ladies!
#257 of 312 Old 06-24-2007, 06:28 PM

Quote:
my fears about the birth are being worked through. It helped that my therapist offered to actually BE there... I have former trauma and my big worry is that if I'm in labor too long it'll trigger a flashback and I'll age regress and the doctor won't know what to do, so I may need to tell her my history and explain that if I start seeming like a child for a minute, don't sedate me or anything, DH knows what to do. It's the reason I'm not trying for a natural birth... I am worried that the pain factor would really freak me out. I really wanted to try for a birth center type thing but I just think it would set me up to freak out. So anyhow, I'm just planning on having a couple people there who know my situation...DH, our friend Molly, maybe my therapist on call, and my teddy bear I'll get through it. It probably won't be as bad as I think.
penny simkin has a book out on this. my therapist said she is buying it. also, dh found a bunch of articles online for me. i will read them and post the good ones.
#258 of 312 Old 06-25-2007, 01:14 AM

Thx, Pie, I'll go look her up.
#259 of 312 Old 06-25-2007, 10:07 AM

she wrote my favorite pregnancy bible. so i approach it with positive expectations.
#260 of 312 Old 06-25-2007, 03:28 PM

I am bumping us up! Have lots to tell about my weekend -- loved my birth blessing and hated my ped interview.
#261 of 312 Old 06-25-2007, 03:31 PM

Tell us more, Pie!
#262 of 312 Old 06-25-2007, 04:10 PM

Still waiting, Pie... That's quite a teaser!

Dh and I have (we think - but we change our minds a lot) settled on the first name. I'm not sharing at this point - it seems sort of nice to keep something just between the two of us. I think we're down to which variation of the same name. It's funny, because it wasn't my favorite, but in my head that's what I keep calling her! So, maybe she's telling me her name. I have been asking her... Now for middle names!!! I want something that has something to do with my heritage.

I tried to find new casual pants/capris this weekend and failed miserably. I am just not shaped how they want me to be shaped!!! Granted, I have a larger behind, but I'm a perfectly healthy weight and yet the larges are all skin tight and x-larges are just too big on my lower back to where the pants fall down! I wish Old Navy actually had more sizes in stock - I think their stuff might fit but so far all I find are x-small and xxxL. Guess I might have to suck it up and go to the internet... I'm just so hard to fit that I hate spending the shipping knowing I won't get it back. I'm so cheap in some ways!

Grace - sorry about your shoulder. I sympathize, I have hyper-flexible joints that yoga turned into my shoulder falling out of joint for a couple of weeks about two years ago... I kept getting misdiagnosed with tendonitis - turns out it was subluxating! Ouch! It's okay if I keep up on my physical therapy excercises. I can't imagine how much pressure your job puts on it!!! Healing thoughts on the way!

I'm still finding myself unable to commit to any birthing method because it's impossible to know what will work for me!!! Ugh - that has turned into inaction with the weeks just ticking by. I know I need to pick soon. Did anyone do the short hospital one just to see what to expect? I am thinking of taking the weekend one just so that I know what their policies are and am ready to combat them if I need to!
#263 of 312 Old 06-25-2007, 04:28 PM

As far as names, my husband and I pretty much agree on the name, but continue to delight in coming up with bad names to annoy each other with.

I bought some clothes at JC Penney yesterday--they were having a 40% off sale, so I came away with some jeans and a couple of tops. I need a swimsuit, and am having a tough time finding one that fits. All the ones I've seen have NO boob support.

I'm really leaning to hypnobabies as a birth method. I don't have a lot of pre-existing anxiety or fear about labor, so I think it might work pretty well for me. I know that it suggests not doing other forms of childbirth prep, so I would think the hospital one would be out for me.

We had our big U/S this morning, and the baby is BIG. 10 ounces at 18w 2d (avg=6.7oz)--but his C-R length puts him at 18w 4d, so my dates aren't off. He's just gaining weight at an alarming rate. I wish I could assure myself this doesn't mean he'll be 11 pounds when he arrives in November...
#264 of 312 Old 06-25-2007, 05:06 PM

Rebecca - I'm trying to work up the courage to start giving out a joke name with a straight face to people who ask. At least people I don't know very well, since they immediately make suggestions that are variations of their names! Dh continues to come up with names to irritate me...

I need to go back to JC Penny - the one pair of jeans I have that are comfy are from there. As for bathing suits - that was the problem I had. I ended up forking out $70 for a really great one from Mimi Maternity. I love it and it was worth every penny! It has a very comfortable and very supportive shelf bra.
#265 of 312 Old 06-25-2007, 05:12 PM

Pie - can't wait for the story onthe birth blessing!

Welcome Jen! So glad you could join us!

dcgrl - I wouldn't worry about the u/s weight - they can be off by quite a bit. They induced my aunt two years ago for 'big baby' - they induced her at 37 weeks because the baby already weight 9lbs according to the u/s. When their little girl was born, she was only 6lbs 3oz. Hope you enjoyed your u/s, and congrats on finding clothing on sale!

elizabeth - I signed up for the childbirth class given right at my birthcenter. It concentrates on natural birthing techniques, including waterbirth. It's also taught by one of the midwife apprentices, so it'll give me a chance to get to know her better before October!

DH and I had a great weekend. We went strawberry picking with my friend and her DH. We had a great time. She's 34 weeks pregnant and the two of us must have looked pretty goofy crawling around picking berries. Yesterday, I made a strawberry-rhubarb pie and then spent most of the day making jam (I now have 15 jars of freezer jam - yum!). We also finally made a list of names we like - we have 5 boy names and 5 girl names. We'll see where that leads, whether to a longer list or final name choices.
#266 of 312 Old 06-25-2007, 08:46 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! I love this thread--it's so full of long, newsy posts.

I think m/s hit today, at 5 weeks and 1 day. I just felt generally gross--headachy with light nausea, like I'd been reading without my glasses on. I guess I thought m/s would be kind of cool or romantic. It was not. What was I thinking?
#267 of 312 Old 06-25-2007, 09:18 PM

Jen - M/S hit me at the end of the 5th week. It was not at all pleasant on any level... Hopefully yours isn't too bad. Try the stuff people suggest; you never know what will work. For me, nothing really made it go away, but eating at least every two hours (anything) and when it was really bad, sipping small bits of cola syrup over crushed ice helped. The thing to remember is that it WILL pass!
#268 of 312 Old 06-25-2007, 09:48 PM

Wow I've missed a lot!

Natalia I hope unemployment is growing on you and you're adjusting. It must be really hard to have such an abrupt change in your life.

Julia I'm still growing out of my clothes and think it will continue. For bottoms, I down to 2 pairs of maternity jeans and a few pre-preg drawstring skirts that are increasingly uncomfy. It's weird to watch my body change so much, and I imagine it's especially difficult if you've had prior body image issues. One of my co-workers (an infamous jackass) was laughing at my size and said "you know you're gonna be HUGE by the end - some women don't even show until they're 6 months pregnant." Grr. I just said "yeah well I'm not one of them." I mean, what do you say to that? I wasn't really hurt and think I handled it well but I do worry a little about how big I'm going to get. Stupid seed of doubt. :

Jenn good point about prefolds being cheap & fitting all sizes of babies. I'm itching to buy small CD even though it's more economical to use sposies than pockets for the small size. I'm trying to sell myself the idea of fitteds & covers until she's big enough for mediums but I hate the idea of putting TWO things on every time. Can't get past it. :

CM how are you adjusting to being a family of 4.5? Hope everything's going well!

Rebecca your baby's not that big - the margin of error is pretty wide so I wouldn't worry yet. They said my baby was 10 ounces at 18w6d, but she was also measuring 9 days ahead. DH was a little worried but I assured him that babies develop at different rates (just like their mommies) and we'll end up with an average size baby. You will too! I'm leaning toward Hypnobabies as a birthing technique too. It's so hard to decide! I dislike the idea of excluding other forms of childbirth education so I'm trying to learn a little here and there. I don't expect it to be painless - nor do I want it to be - but I do think I can do it.

Congrats to everyone who's narrowing down the name lists! DH and I still can't decide but at least he's willing to compromise, which didn't seem likely when we were discussing boy names. We want something that reflects both of our family heritages, which is pretty darn hard.

Emily you were so right about the growth spurt beginning around 21 weeks. I put a new belly pic in the link in my sig - holy cow! Between the growth, anemia and allergies I've been like the walking dead. I had to rest after showering so I could gather the energy to put sheets on the bed!

DH felt the baby move for the first time Saturday! It was a wonderful experience & he's so excited now. I think he's realizing that she's real and starting to bond with her.

Dee, mommy to Miss M 11/07 and little Miss I 5/10/10!
#269 of 312 Old 06-25-2007, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazieluna View Post
Becky - the only negative pregnancy symptom I'm having right now is this hellish heartburn! And now I seem to be developing some indigestion too. If I have lemonade that seems to help, made with real lemons. It is especially ferocious in the evenings. I was told that heartburn means our baby will be hairy... now I'm afraid the baby may turn out to be a hairy monkey! I hadn't heard of papaya enzyme but I'm going to look into it too because 3 more months of this is just torture!
Count me in on Team Heartburn. Ugh. I've never ever had heartburn before and now, all of a sudden, even very benign things (um yogurt? fruit? WATER for petes sake) all give me heartburn. Mint Tums soothies (or whatever they are called) are my only salvation. Fortunately they work fairly quickly. I think I am too chicken to try the lemonade thing.

Congrats on your new niece Zaia!!!! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpiper0430 View Post
SarahJen - sorry you have m/s. I know what you mean about getting nervous/worried when you feel good though - I went through the same thing. It was particularly tough between weeks 14-17 when I was feeling okay, but couldn't yet feel the baby move.
I agree with this. Fortunately it was also the time I felt the best during this pregnancy (well really weeks 15-19) and looked my cutest so I was feeling pretty happy about being preggo.

Quote:
Ok I'm getting irritated...I'm 18 weeks, and to me it looks like my belly's totally sticking out, and lord knows none of my clothes fit (I just outgrew my men's boxers I sleep in!) and people keep saying, "Oh, are you pregnant?" with surprise! No, I'm normally the size of a freakin elephant with cellulite all over my body. Jeez. I'm starting to panic that I'm going to be this big forever. Man I HATE gaining weight. And it just hit me last night that I'm going to have to push this thing OUT of me! Don't get me started! So today I'm feeling a little freaked. It'll pass.
Julia. Gaining weight has brought up all sorts of issues that I never even knew I had. I realize it is normal and I realize it is necessary, but I just thought I'd be able to be one of those really cute preggos who gains only about 20lbs (all boob and belly, of course). HA! At 30 weeks I have gained 25lbs and am much rounder all over. My current freak out it how my tummy will never ever be totally flat again (and I really loved my flat tummy). Oddly, I am in complete denial that I will be pushing this child out at some point (even though in my birthing class the instructor showed us a PVC pipe that was 10cm, put it in a model of a pelvis and shoved a baby doll through it. DH is pretty much freakin' now. Can't wait for him to see the birth video ).

Quote:
girl names:
Chloe
Hannah
Elise (still on our list, but it's not looking like we're using it)
Lily
Lola
I like your list Elizabeth!
Hannah was DHs #1 choice and both of us were very partial to Lily. We were doing so well with girl names. Now that we know we are having a boy, we are stuck. The ONLY name DH has suggested or seems to like is Conor (Connor?). He is also "okay" with Logan. Neither one of those names is screaming out to me (but I also don't hate them, so I guess that is something, right?). Poor nameless baby is probably going to remain such until after I met him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jentina View Post
Can I join in? I'll be 5 weeks tomorrow due in late February and I'm 33. I've been lurking here while the fact of being pregnant started to feel real. Yesterday I outgrew my bra, so I guess it's real! I've also been crampy and craving water and orange juice. I'm not a big plain water drinker--or I wasn't--but now I can't get enough. I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg!
Jen!!! Woohoo. I love it when you TTC ladies get brave enough to move over. I added you to the list on page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmu204 View Post
I've got to take the two newest citizens of PDX to get library cards!
Cher - How are the kids settling in?

Quote:
For the record, the Tatiana plus-size bra I bought is totally itchy and I hate it. Ugh.

Sorry. I'll confess that I spent a ridiculous amount of money on a Bravado nursing bra that barely fits AND that I hate because the stupid straps on the inside oof the cup (the part that makes it a nursing bra) are itchy. Now I am worried that I am going to hate ALL nursing bras because of itchy strappy things.

Quote:
I'm still finding myself unable to commit to any birthing method because it's impossible to know what will work for me!!! Ugh - that has turned into inaction with the weeks just ticking by. I know I need to pick soon. Did anyone do the short hospital one just to see what to expect? I am thinking of taking the weekend one just so that I know what their policies are and am ready to combat them if I need to!
I decided against the hospital birthing class because 1). I wanted to pretty much brainwash DH into a more progressive mindset and I absolutely did NOT want him thinking routine IVs, constant fetal monitoring, or pitocin were OK. 2). Because everyone I know who has taken a hospital class has ended up with some sort of intervention. Not that one leads to the other (because all of those women also were seeing OBs, not a midwife), but I think it makes it more "okay" you know? in the end I went with a class that was based on Birthing From Within (but it isn't an official BFW class) taught by a doula. So far, I have enjoyed it (and DH is learning a ton - and it is ALL stuff I want him to learn).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgrl View Post
We had our big U/S this morning, and the baby is BIG. 10 ounces at 18w 2d (avg=6.7oz)--but his C-R length puts him at 18w 4d, so my dates aren't off. He's just gaining weight at an alarming rate. I wish I could assure myself this doesn't mean he'll be 11 pounds when he arrives in November...
Did you know it was a boy before? If not congrats on your baby boy!!!! Bigger than average doesn't necessarily mean he is "too big". He might just be going through a growth spurt or something. I think my guy was just under a pound at my u/s (which was slightly bigger than "normal").

Quote:
Wow I've missed a lot!
This is exactly how I feel - thus the LOOONG post. I think I have now, finally, caught up!!!
#270 of 312 Old 06-26-2007, 10:54 AM

i just had this urge to buy these matching t-shirts http://www.parenting.com/parenting/s...36359,00.html# for my daughter and me, if i have a daughter. i don't believe in matching? will someone please snap me out of my hormones?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page