Lowered immune system after conception? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 06-05-2007, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello, ladies. This weekend (Friday June 5th night), my husband and I were "intimate" and our usually plan is the rhythm method,which has always worked for us as a method of birth control. (we have 3 kids and dont plan on more) But this weekend, he didn't know what happened and he thinks he may have accidentally without knowing it was going to happen, ejaculate inside of me (sorry if that's TMI but it's part of the story!!). AND, to make matters worse, even thought I was past the calendar point of ovulation, my mucous was clear and elastic. (Does that mean I am ovulating?)

Now, second part of the story... I usually don't get sick (like a cold), but if I do, I'm usually the last one to get sick. Well a couple days after the above-mentioned event, I started to get a runny nose and a sore throat (a little vitamin C got rid of the sore throat). So I am thinking it's strange that I got sick and think maybe it could be related if I am pregnant. Any thoughts?

Also, I have been sleepy but have been attributing it to being under the weather. But I also know that I have been sleepy in the past when first pg. Anyone know when one normally gets sleepy when first pregnant, how far along, etc.

I was thinking maybe my body was putting efforts towards a new creation and not fighting off viruses as it normally would.

I'd be interested in hearing anyone's thoughts. Thanks.

User Tag List