What will naturally induce labor? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 16 Old 06-05-2007, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No i'm not tyring to induce labor now!

But i would like somenatural remidies on hand for when i do reach 37 weeks i will be all set in preping my body for labor.

I've heard of sex, spicey foods, nipple stimulation.....but i know there are other things i can take i just need some guidance!\

so throw all your suggestions at me please!
#2 of 16 Old 06-05-2007, 07:25 PM

it worked for me!

Trying to with SO my dd3 my ds 2 dss 7 dss 8 and 2 chinese creasted's
#3 of 16 Old 06-05-2007, 07:27 PM

That's a good start, add walking, or rather hiking hills to your list and you've pretty much got what DP and I did to get labor started with my first. But we only tried to naturally induce because I was 41.5 weeks and my OB was talking pitocin. I have no idea why you would want to start anything at 37 weeks.
#4 of 16 Old 06-05-2007, 07:48 PM

eggplant parm from scalinis in atlanta worked 2 times for one of my old friends
http://www.wchstv.com/gmarecipes/egg...armigian.shtml
#5 of 16 Old 06-05-2007, 09:10 PM

What induces labor naturally is:

Time

Proper positioning of baby

Proper changes in hormones.

Before your baby is born you will be flooded with hormones that loosen your hip ligaments, and every thing else. That will allow your baby to manoever into the best birthing position. In time your bones will open up to make your birth as easy and healthy as possible for you and your baby.

Anything that interferes with this natural process is bad news.

Sex is great. Getting those hips working will only promote a healthy progression toward labor. If you like spicy foods, enjoy yourself, don't worry about labor, just eat well.

Birth will happen at the right time, just stay active and healthy.

Hugs and Best Wishes!

Kiley
#6 of 16 Old 06-05-2007, 09:51 PM

don't rush mother nature. If you have it in your consciousness that you want to start pushing that baby out at 37 weeks- you might just get that. My mother always sid that babies have a perfect time to be born and not to interfere if at all possible. Be patient mama!
#7 of 16 Old 06-05-2007, 11:24 PM

i read someplace maybe on a thread on mdc? i dunno where
that when a babies lungs are ready and the baby is ready to be born there is some hormone released that tells the placenta to release some chemical and it starts labor. so a good way to induce labor is for the baby to be all ready to be born

mama to two amazing children son 10/27/07 and daughter 07/07/11

#8 of 16 Old 06-05-2007, 11:34 PM

You can take some evening primrose oil orally. My midwives told me to start taking it at 35 weeks, but not to do it vaginally. Not sure why not vaginally as I know a lot of moms here do it that way. It's supposed to ripen an soften the cervix.

belly.gifMandy Mom to Hayden (9),  Ellie (7),  Jordyn (4),  Evan (10/07/09 - 01/11/12),  

and our rainbow1284.gif baby due January 29th!  

homebirth.jpg   waterbirth.jpg   redbluerib.gif   novaxnocirc.gif

candleflicker2.gif www.facebook.com/healingevan                

#9 of 16 Old 06-05-2007, 11:51 PM

Accupunture. It will not push your body if it's not ready. I felt comfortable doing it simply to get the energy flowing.

I had a session on a friday evening, another session saturday morning, and sunday morning I went into labor. I was 40 weeks 4 days give or take a few days.
#10 of 16 Old 06-05-2007, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyB View Post
You can take some evening primrose oil orally. My midwives told me to start taking it at 35 weeks, but not to do it vaginally. Not sure why not vaginally as I know a lot of moms here do it that way. It's supposed to ripen an soften the cervix.
ok where can i find that?? if there is someplace i can order it from online a link would be GREAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by artgoddess View Post
I have no idea why you would want to start anything at 37 weeks.
b/c i have a medical condition with my bladder and i am already starting to experience even more discomfort as usual, it is better for my bladder to get this baby out as soon as it's ready....and i'd rather try every natural trick possible (knowing they won't work unless the baby is ready anyways) than planning on an induction,being strapped to a bed b/c i'm a VBAC and end up being pressured for a repeat c-section

i should also mention i am the worlds biggest weenie when it comes to pain, and if i end up with a hospital induction, being stuck in bed and uncomfortable i don't know if i will be able to stay focused and be able to turn down the c-sections when things start to pick up and get painful

so if i can encourage this baby to come out on it's own, and be able to labor in my own house with my doula and hubby by my side i will be much better off!
#11 of 16 Old 06-06-2007, 01:54 AM

I have no idea what your condition is or how miserable it is making you. So I don't want to come off as judging, that's not at all what I am doing. I do however believe that part of the reason my labor with my son was such a long 34 hours was because we did push things along with the sex, and the walking and nipple stimulation. I think that my son wasn't ready yet, even if he was 10 days past my EDD, and that if we let labor start when he was ready I would have a much easier, and shorter labor. But then again, I had an easy breezy pregnancy, I could have been pregnant another 9 months, I was really feeling that great when pregnant. So I can't say the risk of a long labor wouldn't have been worth it to me if I had a medical condition that was making me miserable. Just please be careful with starting things before your body or your baby is ready. It could totally backfire on you.
#12 of 16 Old 06-06-2007, 02:52 AM

You should be able to get the evening primrose oil at any local healthfood store. It comes in gel like capsules. Let me see if I can find a link....

This is just a random link I found doing a search on yahoo...I dont know anything about this company, but here ya go...

http://www.evitamins.com/product.asp?pid=492

belly.gifMandy Mom to Hayden (9),  Ellie (7),  Jordyn (4),  Evan (10/07/09 - 01/11/12),  

and our rainbow1284.gif baby due January 29th!  

homebirth.jpg   waterbirth.jpg   redbluerib.gif   novaxnocirc.gif

candleflicker2.gif www.facebook.com/healingevan                

#13 of 16 Old 06-06-2007, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

thanks!

i dont live in a very cruchy area so i would have no clue where to ever find a health foods store....everyone i know gets their organic foods at wegmans!
#14 of 16 Old 06-06-2007, 10:39 AM

i dont know if you have a walmart in your area,but i got mine there.its just with the vitamins.hope that helps.(i know some people are anti walmart,but i go there.)
#15 of 16 Old 06-06-2007, 11:01 AM

yeah they sell epo at walmart. thats where i found it
#16 of 16 Old 06-06-2007, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

yep several walmarts all within 20 mins of my house!

thanks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page