Anyone with a false positive? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-08-2007, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got two pink lines - one faint- yesturday but I'm at least a week away from a period. I tested due to being given a bunch of tests from a neighbor who is pregnant (they are still good not expired). So I was quite surprised to see it positive and shouldn't have used one since now I'm really confused. I'm trying to wait a few days to retest but am soo curious now! I have two kids now and only got a positive after a week late, sooner tests were negative until about a week late with both.

I've been reading about what causes a false positive and not sure so would love to see personal accounts.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2007, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I thought my positive was false because it showed up early and seemed kind of faint to me. But it kept showing with each test I took.

Please keep us updated. I'm really curious.

DD1 6 1/2 DD2 9/20/14 (18 weeks)
Old 06-08-2007, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

That was how it was with my first but I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic this time around beings it is very early. I'm going to try and hold off till next weekend but will probably break down and test before that - maybe I'll get really busy and time will fly! Despite being initially freaked and a bit upset I think I'm really liking the idea and will end up disappointed if it is negative. I want another two but was thinking of waiting a bit longer as I want to keep nursing until my little one is at least two without risking losing my milk. I think I'm a constant ball of emotions now!
Old 06-08-2007, 12:03 PM

Did she give you more than one test? I'd take another. Make sure you don't look at it after the time they tell you so you're not seeing evaporation lines. Other than that, a line is usually a line.

Wendy - mom to dd1(11), dd2(7), dd3(3)
Old 06-11-2007, 01:29 AM

I just wanted to commiserate with you. I did the same thing 3 days ago. I took a test only 10 dpo and had a very faint line. I feel pregnant, and I'm so excited, but scared too...so tomorrow morning I'm taking another test before calling the doctor to set up an appointment.

Keep us posted.

User Tag List