Xrays and early pregnancy...help....+hpt but had xrays last week!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-21-2007, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all! I think I might be joining you all over here soon, I had what looked like a BFP this morning (surprise!!!! ) but I had chest xrays last week and mammograms on the same day (had a lump that appears to be a harmless galactocele)...yikes!!! I had the lead apron on my ovaries but still....I'm concerned. Anyone have any info? I'm spotting again this afternoon so who knows, but I spotted both pregnancies though later this. I just really hope I didn't do something awful to this baby last week.

Now I must get to the store for another test!

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2007, 07:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I didn't know I was pg for my 4th and had a radioactive dye test done for a bone density scan (they were looking for rhumatoid arthritis, it's how I found out I had scoliosis).

You didn't know, don't beat yourself up about it like I did. When I found out about the pg I freaked out and bawled in a very public and very busy ER room (I had gone in for GI problems but found out about my daughter instead).

The nurse told me, it happens more often than not and the majority of the time no damage is done - it's prolonged exposure that causes damage (weeks at a time, say like working in a uranium mine) rather than sporadic or infrequent exposure.

My daughter turned out to be extremely healthy and happy and now is a strong, healthy, happy LOUD 1.5 yr old

Sheal
Old 06-21-2007, 07:56 PM

I did a bunch of research into radiation exposure because I had a close friend undergoing radiation treatment when I first found out I was pregnant and x-ray info was all I could find! The consensus seems to be that routine x-rays are just fine during pregnancy. It takes pretty high levels to cause a problem. I'd let your doctor know when you start seeing someone for the pregnancy, but I bet the baby is just fine!!!
Old 06-21-2007, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks...that does help!!!! I just hate that I had so many in one day so early, kwim?

Amy, USCG wife and homeschooling, ebfing, homebirthing Mama to M (8), L (6), L (2.5)

User Tag List