How/when can you tell if you're having twins? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 52 Old 12-20-2007, 07:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Spark, thanks for the link. I think I can feel that its about a third of the way to my belly button. Seems like a normal size, for one I think. I checked out your belly pics and Whoa! I haven't seen anybody show much so early before.
#32 of 52 Old 12-21-2007, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmis View Post
I'm just wondering, for the other's who have actually had twins, were the HB's or hospital births? I'd love a HB, but just want to be confident enough to feel that way (in cas there are 2)
There are many twins born at home. Some MWs feel more comfortable attending them than others though, FYI.

Spark and her four firecrackers.
#33 of 52 Old 12-21-2007, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark View Post
There are many twins born at home. Some MWs feel more comfortable attending them than others though, FYI.
yes.. this is true. When I told my MW I might be carrying twins she asked me if I really wanted to have the babies at home. Then she said she'd do it with another MW. I forgot her name....

Although I am "officially" 12 weeks and am not lookin all that big. So, I'm thinking singleton in there. hmmm...

h20homebirth.gif    femalesling.GIF-     familybed2.gif   -Yep... thats me redface.gif

#34 of 52 Old 12-21-2007, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmis View Post
Although I am "officially" 12 weeks and am not lookin all that big. So, I'm thinking singleton in there. hmmm...
I guess everyone is just different. I've been reading that some women have more intense symptoms and show earlier, etc with twins, yet others have had easier pregnancies when carrying twins than they did when they carried only one. Some didn't even show signs of twins until an ultrasound or birth. Go figure.

I have had twin thoughts but don't have any other symptoms than being really sick to base a twin suspicion on for me, but I am so jealous of those who don't get sick at all- especially when they're carrying more than one!
#35 of 52 Old 01-01-2008, 09:43 PM

Hello to everyone in the forums;

I am 36 yrs old, 16wks and 4 days into my pregnancy, and I too am curious, actually very nervous to know if I am having twins. Twins do run in my family. I have a cousins that are twins and one of them had twins of their own and friends and co-workers of mine are saying that I too am having twins. I feel like I am bigger for this pregnancy. I have a 7 yr old boy. When I was pregnant with him I knew right off the bat that I was having a boy and did not start to show till I was about 5 months pregnant. But this one I started to show immediately and still having morning sickness, and extremely tired. I am still working, but I feel that I can longer take it. My boyfriend is nervous as well. This will be his 2nd child. He has a 24 yr old daughter. Yes he is older than myself. Actually he is 13 yrs my senior...lol. So, he is still shocked about the whole ordeal but at the same time loving it. He says he's not sure if our girl or boy (s?) will call him "daddy or grandpa"..lmao!!!

Anyhoo, I did have an ultrasound done when I was 13 1/2 wks and so far only heard 1 heartbeat. Even though it was very brief. The baby or babies like to play hide and seek..lol. On christmas eve at a family gathering, pretty much everyone noticed and felt 2 bumps. One on the far right side and the other on the left at the same time. Everyone was excited but I was extremely scared. From time to time I feel slight movements on either side of the belly. Maybe I am imagining things or hoping too much. I guess I just need someone to reassure me that it's gonna be ok. I've even had dreams about twins. And to top it all off, my mother says it's twins because of the 2 hairline swirls my son has on his head. She says that's a sign of twins. I don't know I guess it's some kind of latino superstitions..lol. Hopefully I will find out when I go for my sonogram on the 9th of January. No-matter what I am hoping for a little girl. And this will be my last pregnancy. For I feel I am getting too old..lol.:::
#36 of 52 Old 01-01-2008, 10:12 PM

I definitely would have known before 20 weeks had I not already, because they were positioned so that I had 2 different bumps top and bottom.

BUT.. positioning can make a big difference. I have a friend on another forum who had NO CLUE and only found out at that 20 week ultrasound (SURPRISE!) and an older friend who only found out at birth (before standard ultrasound). In those cases one baby was behind the other and was never picked up on doppler or by seeing/movement.
#37 of 52 Old 01-01-2008, 11:07 PM

Hi Ladies,

I'm a little concerned. I'm 5 weeks pregnant and the bottom of my admomon is hard. Very hard already. This was not the case with my sons pregnancy. I also conceived this baby using a low dose of clomid. This all makes me wonder about the twin subject. hmmm
#38 of 52 Old 01-01-2008, 11:18 PM

I actually know someone with three-year-old twins who only found out that she was having two when she was in labor. It still happens today.

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#39 of 52 Old 01-04-2008, 01:13 AM

I too was on Clomid, as well as having a prediction made by a fairly "accurate" psychic a year ago that I would get pregnant in November with twins. So yeah, getting anxious! I do have an u/s in a little over a week, so hopefully we get a clear answer then!

So far I am a LOT more tired and a TON more sick than my last 2 pregnancies. I always show really early, so I can't go by that.

Courtney ~ Mom to Melissa (1/14/95), Logan (7/21/06), Derek (8/14/08), and Baby Girl (EDD: 9/8/10)
#40 of 52 Old 01-04-2008, 04:30 AM

I'm suspecting this one may be twins, but I'm not too sure. (I'm like Spark, getting real big real early!) I'll definitely be around with updates though

I'm a modifiedartist.gif DH is a reading.gif we have 2 angel.gifs, and DS is a rainbow1284.gif baby.gif
#41 of 52 Old 01-07-2008, 03:08 AM

Wow, Wednesday Almost Here. Can't Wait. Hoping I Get To Find Out What We'll Be Having...woo-hoo!!
#42 of 52 Old 01-07-2008, 11:32 PM

we're waiting to know too I had clomid and have a fast to double HCG
#43 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 12:10 AM

could an 8 week u/s miss a twin? Just curious.

Wife, mom to 6 great kids!...avid crafter, music lover,  reader, gardener!

homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif novaxnocirc.gif homebirth.jpg

#44 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 12:17 AM

theoretically possible, but VERY unlikely. Especially if a thorough exam is done. They spent probably 10 minutes just scanning and re-scanning for me this PG since I have a history of identical twins and had VERY high betas.
#45 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureMama3 View Post
theoretically possible, but VERY unlikely. Especially if a thorough exam is done. They spent probably 10 minutes just scanning and re-scanning for me this PG since I have a history of identical twins and had VERY high betas.
It was a quick, free scan-just enough to find a baby and a heartbeat.
I don't think I have twins-just a curiosity since I am measuring a little large for dates and I keep hearing it from family. I think there's only one in there.

Wife, mom to 6 great kids!...avid crafter, music lover,  reader, gardener!

homeschool.gif h20homebirth.gif novaxnocirc.gif homebirth.jpg

#46 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 10:17 AM

I've been measuring large too, but apparenty it's just my meaty placenta (easily twice as thick as with my last child!) and a big baby.
#47 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 09:00 PM

I ended up going to the ER yesterday for pregnancy discomfort. But luckily everything turned out just fine. The doctor did manage to tell me that it seems I will be having a big baby. *WOWWWW*. I did manage to get a sneak peek of the baby*WINKWINK*. Yup it's just 1..*whew*..lol. And it is also a very hyper baby, just like my son was and still is..*yikes*. But tomorrow is hopefully the big day. My b/f and I and my son are very excited. I will keep everyone posted.

TTFN
#48 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 10:16 PM

i have an earlier scan this week to see if the pain and is from a ectopic or twins

I've just got the feeling and I keep saying babies by mistake, but in my heart I only want the 1, we have no family to help and nursing one was hard enough with low supply
#49 of 52 Old 01-08-2008, 11:36 PM

Quote:
could an 8 week u/s miss a twin? Just curious.
Absolutely! At my 8 week u/s they only saw one baby and at 14 weeks there were 2! If you ask around in the multiples forum you will see it is actually more common than you'd think for them to miss a twin, especially that early.

Blessed mama of four
::
#50 of 52 Old 01-09-2008, 10:26 PM

Well, I went to my sonogram and it's official....WE ARE HAVING A BABY GIRL..YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! I cried when the nurse gave me the news. My b/f got teary eyed and my mother in law..and my son was extremely excited. He wants to take the pics to school tomorrow..lol.

My mother was very happy when I shared the news with her and my co-workers called me on my cell and when I gave them the news, I heard everyone screaming and cheering, Lmao. Today was the happiest moment ever. I managed to convince my supervisor to give me my vacation time now because my doctor wants to run some tests on the baby for any defects. For ex; down syndrome or any other possible birth defects because of my age. So my supervisor understood and agreed. And there is a possibility I may have to go on maternity leave earlier than what I expected. I gained 4lbs but as for the baby, she is big for 18 weeks. My feet are extremely swollen and I get very tired very quickly and out of breath. So we will see about that one. Anyhoo, just wanted to share with you all what is going on from this end.
I will continue to keep all posted. nitenite.!!!
#51 of 52 Old 01-10-2008, 03:41 AM

I read through this thread yesterday and had a dream/nightmare that I had twin boys! I woke up so freaked out!

Mom of a 7 yr old, 4 yr old, and 1 yr old. Wow. How did that happen?
#52 of 52 Old 03-22-2014, 10:42 AM

omg i know how you feel lol 

i have the inkling feeling its twins and my 6 yo daughter told me 3 weeks ago mommys gonna have a baby to my mother... and this was before i even found out... now she keeps insisting im having 2 -__- 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page