Originally Posted by gloriousmom
I'm not sure I can feel my uterus yet. Maybe it's too early? Where should it be at 8 weeks?
At 8 weeks it's most typically still inside your pelvis. Here's a link http://gynob.com/fh.htm
with information. If you scroll down, you'll see the fundal height chart.
I'm wondering a little bit about twins for me, too. Although, I don't know, most people just have one. Even in this thread where there were signs of twins.
Let's see here's my list of reasons to wonder:
- Measuring big. (but it's still the 1st trimester, so I don't think it counts too much) I was 2-3 weeks ahead at 5 weeks, 4 weeks ahead at 8 weeks (both confirmed by MW) and now at almost 11 weeks, I'm just a couple finger widths below my belly button (not confirmed by MW).
- Wide uterus. Usually I might measure a bit ahead in the first trimester, but my uterus has always been super skinny. This time though, it's really wide and almost squarish. (confirmed by MW)
- Looking big. (but again, I don't think this really counts for much) Belly Pics
- Early movement. I *thought* I might be feeling something earlier, but I KNOW I've been feeling movement since 9 1/2 weeks. I started feeling it specifically in my low right part of my uterus, but nothing on the left part. But, after a full week of just feeling it on my right side, now I feel the movement on my left side, too. I think that's odd. But, there's probably something else to explain it. I mean, I don't think my inch long baby can be both places at once... or maybe it can.
- So so so much fatigue. I'm getting a little better but at its worst, I couldn't go more than 1 1/2 or 2 hours without needing to lay back down & sleep. I was like a newborn. Now, I still need 10+ hours at night and 2-3 long naps a day. See, better!
- So so so hungry! I have only lost weight in my first trimester. Now... oh, man, I'm embarrassed to say, I'm 10w6d and I've gained 19 lbs!!!!! Eeek! It's all good wholesome food though, no junk.
- Long family history of both twins and triplets
Anyway, that's my list.
Who knows! We'll find out eventually!