Chlorophyll supplements - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-26-2007, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Has anyone here taken a chlorophyll supplement for anemia in pregnancy? Did it work for you?

My midwife said today to start taking Floradix, 1 mg of folic acid and 500 mg of Vitamin C a day. I have a bottle of chlorophyll that a friend gave me, so I've started using that too.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#2 of 8 Old 06-30-2007, 11:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been taking Floradix for ages because of anemia, and during my pregnancy, my midwife said my iron was great for a pregnant woman!
I had never heard my iron levels were anything but *meh* let alone for a pregnant woman!

SO yeah, Floradix is great stuff!

I also take liquid chlorophyll, just for the heck of it I've never heard of it's benefits for iron, but it's good to know!
#3 of 8 Old 07-01-2007, 03:33 AM
PPK

I'm taking Perfect Food Greens supplement by garden of life. It seems to provide tons of minerals and has 36% RDV for Iron. I noticed my hair growing faster and energy increased *when* I remember to take it regularly. I recommend dividing the dosage to start with. I take the powder so its really intense tasting-Mixing with juice helps..
#4 of 8 Old 07-01-2007, 01:43 PM

I take a liquid chlorophyll supp on the midwife's recommendation. I just pour however much she told me into my morning water bottle. It has no flavor, but the kind I have does have added mint oil, so it smells like a stick of gum, but has not flavor.

When I remember to do it daily, it does seem to help with my energy. I think I'll keep taking it through early nursing as well!
#5 of 8 Old 07-01-2007, 10:29 PM

I'm on a chlorophyll supplement as well but not for the iron. I just don't eat my veggies very well so my mw's thought it would be best. Honestly I couldn't do the liquid stuff. It didn't seem tasteless to me at all and I had a hard time choking it down so I went to the capsules. I think they are really good to get your Vit K levels up as well since they are made of alfalfa.

Rachel, mom to Jake (5/04) and Alexia (7/07) a surprise UC thanks to hypnobabies!
#6 of 8 Old 07-02-2007, 05:49 PM

I too tried the liquid for awhile, but it gave me heartburn. So now I take 600 mg a day by capsule. It REALLY helps with my energy! I have to chase around a 2 year old. so I can't nap all the time like I did with my first pregnancy.

Mama to DS(2005), DD(2007), wife to DH(2004). Homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, clothdiapering, homeschooling, nonvaxing AND loving it! Due w/ #3 in Jan2011!
#7 of 8 Old 07-03-2007, 02:01 AM

I took the liquid version for anemia and I think it really helped. Never gave me any problems.

Don't forget about blackstrap molasses for anemia, too. 1/4 teaspoon daily.
#8 of 8 Old 07-03-2007, 10:42 AM

I'm taking a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses every other day, a shot of wheatgrass drink mixed with a bit of applejuice also every other day or so, Floradix every other day or so, prenatal vitamins and eat eggs often. I also drink nettle and/or raspberry leaf tea daily.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page