i got stung by a bee - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-02-2007, 12:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
could someone please tell me that my baby is fine? i was out walking today and there are tons of flowers blooming filled with those cute fuzzy bumble bees. somehow a bee got stuck in my shoe and stung me. i had very little reaction i'm not allergic or anything but my foot is still sore and i keep having this lingering fear about the whatever is in the bee singer that makes my foot sore somehow hurting my baby. i now if someone can tell me i am fine baby is fine i will feel much better. the baby is still kicking the normal amount (i'm around 24 or 25 weeks pregnant right now) i know everything must be fine but i can't stop with the worries.

thank you

mama to two amazing children son 10/27/07 and daughter 07/07/11

#2 of 6 Old 07-02-2007, 01:05 AM

If you didn't have a reaction beyond skin irritation, it's unlikely the baby will be impacted negatively. There are instances in which stings resulted in fetal distress, early delivery, stillbirth, etc., but in these cases, the mother experienced an extreme anaphalactic reaction.

I was scratched very seriously by one of my cats several weeks ago, and started to freak out. When I realized it was completely localized to the area, and not infected, I knew I and the baby were all right.

Of course, if you experience severe sweating, swelling in the mouth, nausea, or fever, contact a provider immediately. But it really sounds like you're okay.
#3 of 6 Old 07-02-2007, 02:12 AM

I wouldn't worry.

The toxin in a bee sting is the same one as in a mosquito bite (but misquitos also use a numbing agent), just in larger amounts. You never hear anyone say to avoid mosquito bites during pregnancy, or to make sure you get less than 20 of them.

I am pretty sure our bodies have a way to process the toxin and get rid of it.

Leigh, mama to Rostislav homeborn Aug 9 2007, and Oksana homeborn Feb 24 2011.
#4 of 6 Old 07-02-2007, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lilya View Post
(but misquitos also use a numbing agent)
HUH???? They do? I've never heard that before in my life!!!!!!

(btw, moonfroggy, you're baby is probably fine. )
#5 of 6 Old 07-02-2007, 05:04 AM

Yep they do so that they can sit longer to get their fill they need to make sure you wont move or swat them before they are done.

Unless you are allergic and you arnt then your baby will be fine.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#6 of 6 Old 07-02-2007, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

i feel significantly less worried today. it was a bumblebee that stung me and i was reading about them this morning. they do not have barbed stingers so they don't loose them or die when they sting. this actually makes me happy cuz it was a really cute fuzzy bee who i think would have preferred to not sting me or get in my shoe. i recommend to anyone who wears crocs to be careful when walking near flowers. it is still pretty sore but i think that is because of the location more than anything else and i have some weird digestive stuff going on but i think it is not related.
anyhow thanks for the reassurance

mama to two amazing children son 10/27/07 and daughter 07/07/11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page