sex and bloody show... is labor coming? quick answers appreciated! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 07-22-2007, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
im 38wks now and yesterday i *think* i leaked a small amount of fluid. it was after i peed, wiped, and stood to pull my pants up, some clear fluid ran down my legs, but not very much. then all yesterday evening i had bhx contractions that were stronger than usual... not painful, but somewhat uncomfortable. then this morning came something very unusual... i bled a little after dtd, and i have never done this before ever and we dtd on a regular basis. i also have never ever bled after a vaginal/cervical exam. is this "bloody show"? if so, what does that mean? that there is a very good chance i'll go in to labor very soon? and should i not have sex anymore? thanks so much to anyone who takes the time to read and respond.
#2 of 18 Old 07-22-2007, 02:02 PM - Thread Starter

ok, so much for the quick responses...

after posting i took a shower and had some actual blood clots. ??? is this normal, actual clots? im now also feeling very uncomfortable pressure in my rectum and vagina, and having some cramps. i cannot sit still.
#3 of 18 Old 07-22-2007, 02:06 PM

I don't think blood clots are normal. I would call mw or doctor right away.
Good luck!

Peggy
#4 of 18 Old 07-22-2007, 02:10 PM

the trickle doesn't mean anything but the blood does, as does the fact that you can't sit still. is your birth bag packed?
#5 of 18 Old 07-22-2007, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggyitaly View Post
I don't think blood clots are normal. I would call mw or doctor right away.
Good luck!

Peggy
that's what im afraid of... that clots are not normal, but i don't want to call the doc unless i really have too cause i KNOW what they'll do. they'll have me come to the hospital and hook me up to pitocin, and i don't want to start this labor out laying in a bed hooked up to an IV. i am only spotting very lightly right now and the clots were small, but definately bright red clots and not just bloody mucus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josybear View Post
the trickle doesn't mean anything but the blood does, as does the fact that you can't sit still. is your birth bag packed?
NO! but i am doing that right now, as soon as i hit "submit reply" in between checking this thread im running around all crazy and anxious feeling, cleaning the house and getting stuff done. i feel : : :
#6 of 18 Old 07-22-2007, 02:45 PM

Are you sure it's not just your mucous plug w/ some blood? It could very well be that...

As for leaking, the past 2 weeks when I stand up more pee comes out. I thought it was my fluids leaking at first but I'm pretty positive it's just urine.
#7 of 18 Old 07-22-2007, 04:18 PM

Clots are not normal, bright red blood is not normal. No matter your fears you have to go get checked.

The mucus plug is egg white runny looking with pink tinges of blood. It can come out over hours, days, weeks and still not be the start of labor.
#8 of 18 Old 07-22-2007, 05:41 PM

Definitely call your care provider if the blood is red instead of pink/brown/mucousy. I know you're scared, I would be too. But getting care is better than taking the risk. You need to know if the blood is from your uterus or placenta.
#9 of 18 Old 07-22-2007, 08:02 PM

I agree with the pps who say that bright red blood is not normal. Please go get checked. I hope everything is fine but better to be safe than sorry.

A little bit grasshopper a little bit ant   energy.gifom.gif

#10 of 18 Old 07-22-2007, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter

after reading the responses i got here, i decided to call my ob. he said it was normal, even though it was bright red and a couple small clots. he said not to worry unless it continued or was a lot of blood, and since the bleeding wasn't a whole lot (although it was red) and it tapered to very light spotting and has since stopped, im not worried. he said it could be bright red from my capillaries bursting as my cervix is dilating some preparing for labor, that my labor would probably start soon.

labor still hasn't really kicked in yet, but i have this feeling it's underway silently and that when i start hurting i won't have far to go.
#11 of 18 Old 07-23-2007, 12:04 AM

That is good to know! Glad you are OK and thanks for the update.
#12 of 18 Old 07-23-2007, 12:41 PM

I had bright red bloody show right before going into labor with my DS. It totally freaked me out, and I went to get checked at the hospital. It turned out it was just bloody show, and I guess it can look like that sometimes.
#13 of 18 Old 07-23-2007, 12:45 PM

I'm glad to hear you are okay! I was thinking about you all night wondering what was up!

Here's lots of ((((ELV)))) for ya! Keep us posted eh?
#14 of 18 Old 07-23-2007, 02:00 PM

I had clots and bright red blood when I lost my plug. And then it was still 3 or so weeks until dd was born. But stuff is definitely plodding along down there! Keep having sex, it's the best way to get 'em ready to come out! The semen ripens your cervix and the orgasm contracts your uterus. Good luck! Looks like your little one will be here very soon!
#15 of 18 Old 07-23-2007, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeirishlass View Post
I had clots and bright red blood when I lost my plug. And then it was still 3 or so weeks until dd was born. But stuff is definitely plodding along down there! Keep having sex, it's the best way to get 'em ready to come out! The semen ripens your cervix and the orgasm contracts your uterus. Good luck! Looks like your little one will be here very soon!
3 weeks! eegads, woman, don't tell me that! as for the sex, after mucho harrassment today i finally "talked" dh into dtd, but he quit after a few minutes, saying he didn't want to contribute any labor speeding sperms cause he has important things at work this week that he doesn't want to miss. : so i pretty much figure i won't be getting any for a while.

im still having contractions although they're not increasing in strength or frequency. i just KNOW im dilated to at least 5cm already, and im a bit nervous about going in to full blown labor while dh is at work cause it'll take him 30min to get home from the time i call him, plus we have a 45min drive to the hospital. i put some clean towels in the car just in case though.

i think there is a good possibility i'll go in to labor tonight. if you all don't hear from me sometime tomorrow, then i guess you'll know.
#16 of 18 Old 07-23-2007, 10:36 PM

I hope you have a comfortalbe night!!!!!

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (6y) and one sweet boy (2y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
#17 of 18 Old 07-24-2007, 06:12 PM

If you did go into labor, good luck and I hope you have a wonderful healthy baby!
#18 of 18 Old 07-24-2007, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafwood View Post
I hope you have a comfortalbe night!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixwings View Post
If you did go into labor, good luck and I hope you have a wonderful healthy baby!

thanks guys! still no labor though...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page