What were your early pregnancy symptoms? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 40 Old 07-25-2007, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm curious to know what if any pregnancy symptoms you ladies had before getting your BFP. In particular I'm wondering if any of you had no symptoms at all. I always figure when I get pregnant I'm just going to "know" it, but I'm wondering how realistic that is.

Heather
#2 of 40 Old 07-25-2007, 07:42 PM

With both pregnancies I just "knew" I was pregnant. With this pregnancy I told my dh that I was going to get pregnant, and I did. But also with both I started feeling sick about 5-6 days after conception. So that confirmed my feeling.

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
#3 of 40 Old 07-25-2007, 07:51 PM

A few days each after conception, I took a HUGE, HUGE nap! Just lasted one day.
#4 of 40 Old 07-25-2007, 07:57 PM

Always the same 2 things:
1) I get TIRED! VERY tired!
&
2) Drooling while I sleep! That lasts the entire pregnancy!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#5 of 40 Old 07-25-2007, 08:02 PM

I always thought I would just know, too. But, I was utterly convinced that I was NOT pregnant.

Almost immediately I felt really energized and awake - really great. Then I had implantation cramping that felt just like regular cramps, so I was sure my period was going to start any day. And it didn't...and didn't... I took a test at about 3 days late. Then at 5 1/2 weeks morning sickness kicked in.
#6 of 40 Old 07-25-2007, 08:11 PM

tired...oh so tired....
I know immeditaely when I don't bleed by 9am on the day I am to, that I am pg.
I also get constipated then runny then constipated then runny....its a vicious cycle and I would rather be pukey.

First baby I was SOOOOOO sick, I had to be hospitalized and given IV fluids even though I was drinking about 96 oz of water a day.
Second baby I was nauseated all the time early on but only got sick maybe two or three times.
I am interested to see what this one does!

My grandma relayed an anecdote to me shortly before she died, when I found out I was pg with #2, that she always knew she was pg because she had to go buy a jar of pickles...not for eating...but for using as a douche because she got yeast infections! How funny is that!?
#7 of 40 Old 07-25-2007, 08:35 PM

I was BONE tired. I could hardly function I was so tired (however my thyroid was also hypoactive I found out later, but it was more than just the thyroid). I also just sort of "knew". Not sure how, but I had that feeling. I got my BFP on the first day of my missed AF so there weren't so many symptoms at that point.

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (6y) and one sweet boy (2y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
#8 of 40 Old 07-25-2007, 09:02 PM

Tired.. yet, I was doing this weird thing where Id wake up super early and couldnt get back to sleep. That was in my 4 week.
#9 of 40 Old 07-25-2007, 09:22 PM

I woke up between 3-5am every morning and couldn't get back to sleep which is so completely not like me. That and nausea and sensitivity to motion and smells within days of conception. With my previous pregnancies I turned into Raving Hell Beast Woman very quickly and that was my primary symptom. Luckily the world (my family) was spared that this go around.
#10 of 40 Old 07-25-2007, 09:25 PM

I had no idea! In fact, I was going to POAS just to start my period. (Nothing like wasting 11$ to start AF!) I bought a 450$ wedding dress on Saturday and found out I was pregnant on Tuesday. I didn't start with the nausea for another few weeks.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

#11 of 40 Old 07-25-2007, 09:58 PM

Before I even had missed AF I was super thirsty all the time and I also had an increased sex drive. During the time I was expecting AF my breasts were tingly and much bigger than usual.

treehugger.gifMamaknit.gifsewmachine.gifmodifiedartist.gif to one cool girlREPlaySkateboard04HL.gif4/3/01 and a sweet boysuperhero.gif1/1/08...and joy.gifsweet Goobie Rue born 3/6/12

**formerly known as Mamablueberry**

#12 of 40 Old 07-25-2007, 10:29 PM

I started getting passing nausea, and I thought, "Hmm, I might be pregnant." Then I got clumsy, hugely clumsy. I also started craving water, which I never did before I got pg. And then I got my BFP, 1 day late.

knit.gifWife to Ageek.gif since 7-7-2006, Mother to Mnocirc.gif since 11-23-2007ribboncesarean.gif, and N slinggirl.gifborn on 4-9-2010vbac.gif
#13 of 40 Old 07-26-2007, 01:06 AM

I've always had irregular periods, so no clues there.

baby #1-Finally figured it out at 10 weeks. Had been trying over a year, and didn't want to waste pt's just cause I was late again, like always. I finally decided to take the test because it had been 2 1/2 months, and we were going to try another round of fertility meds, and lo and behold, BFP! I had no symptoms whatsoever.

baby #2-sick, sick, sick from 5 weeks. Took the test at 6 weeks. No periods between babies-got pg 8 mo. pp

baby #3-After 2 kids, my periods are oddly regular! Found out 2 days after missed period-4 weeks in. Got sick at week 5, just like baby 2.

Every baby was totally different. I swore I was pg many times while trying for #1, and was completely wrong, then I was sure I wasn't, and was wrong again! no gut feelings here-I'm clueless!
#14 of 40 Old 07-26-2007, 10:17 AM

Baby #1: Breasts and nipples felt tender
Baby #2: Breasts felt different when ds nursed (took pregnany test and found out at 4 weeks!)
#15 of 40 Old 07-26-2007, 10:23 AM

CONSTIPATION! (sorry, tmi, but it's true)
#16 of 40 Old 07-26-2007, 10:38 AM

My first symptoms have always been overwhelming fatigue (ie, falling asleep while standing up!), clumsiness (I can't keep anything in my hands--I drop my keys 30 times trying to get groceries into the car, etc.), and weight loss. The only time I can seem to lose weight is during the 1st tri (and it's not due to MS, because in five pregnancies (one mc) I've never felt sick a bit!), it just seems to start falling off, and I lose 10 lbs or so just like that!

Oh, and I also have intense baby-lust. Like, if you have a newborn, don't let me hold it or you might not get it back, LOL!

All of these symptoms are retrospective, however. Not until after I get the BFP do i look back and realize how obvious it should have been!

Sarah, Queen of Hearts, raising a Full House with Michael, King of my Heart!
DS (2/02), DD (3/04), DS (1/06), DD (12/07), and DS (3/10)
~~*~~Not your typical Pastor's Wife!~~*~~
#17 of 40 Old 07-26-2007, 12:07 PM

I was having really vivid & crazy dreams. Other than that, I had normal PMS symptoms and tiredness.

Wendy - mom to dd1(11), dd2(7), dd3(3)
#18 of 40 Old 07-26-2007, 12:24 PM

W/dd- heartBURN.. so severe I was unable to drink my beloved coffee.

This pregnancy my first symptom was hot flashes and one severe bout of heartburn right around the time of implantation that woke me up in the middle of the night.
#19 of 40 Old 07-26-2007, 12:27 PM
Banned

I always faint. Seriously. I have only fainted a handful of time in my life and they were all at the beginnings of a pregnancy.
#20 of 40 Old 07-26-2007, 12:38 PM

Only a couple of symptoms here... didn't test pos. til one day before AF was due... I started craving potato chips like crazy (normally, bleah) and had a couple days where I suddenly felt really drowsy, even though I'd gotten plenty of sleep. Other than that, no clue. In fact, was sure I wasn't pregnant that month. The m/s didn't start til week 6, but looking back I think I also was sensitive to smells. I was convinced the dog kept peeing everywhere in the house, I kept searching for dog mess.
#21 of 40 Old 07-26-2007, 02:57 PM

I definitely just knew it. But I also had terrible gas, which is a little less touching, lol.
#22 of 40 Old 07-26-2007, 03:08 PM

Nothing in particular happens to me.

First pg, we were trying so when it got to 18 DPO, I tested and got a BFP. My cycles, including luteal phase, were always all over the place so it never occured to me to test before DPO 18.

This pg, nothing again. I just thought to myself that I hadn't seen AF in a while, so I should test just in case. That's happened many times in the past, so I figured it would be neg. But lo and behold, BFP!

Mama to Boy (2) and Girl (5)
#23 of 40 Old 07-26-2007, 03:09 PM

I really had no symptoms before the BFP! The only thing I figured out in hindsight is that around what should have been implantation day, I called in sick to work and slept all day long. Only lasted that one day.

After the BFP for the first couple of weeks, I had a lot of period like cramping and then noticed the my boobs and aerolas got huge. That was it for me!
#24 of 40 Old 07-26-2007, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmzbm View Post
Always the same 2 things:
1) I get TIRED! VERY tired!
&
2) Drooling while I sleep! That lasts the entire pregnancy!
lol meeee tooo!!!!!! oh and I wake up at night to pee.
#25 of 40 Old 07-26-2007, 07:16 PM

Breasts tender, vivid dreams, nausea, consitpation, thirst, headaches, feeling PMSy but way too early, and increased sensitivity to smells. All this within a few days of conception. Started testing at 3 weeks Finally got a positive 2 days before AF.
#26 of 40 Old 07-26-2007, 07:18 PM

Oh, I should have mentioned this but I totally forgot!

My main "symptom" is getting sick. It never fails, but within a week of getting a BFP I come down with a cold. No idea why. . I'm not eating or sleeping any differently. But it SUCKS being sick!

Mama to Boy (2) and Girl (5)
#27 of 40 Old 07-26-2007, 07:39 PM

I started NEEDING to eat meat. I had been vegetarian. And then I was super tired all the time. And so clumsy. I kind of felt like I had a big, wet sock wrapped around my head because I just couldn't focus on anything. And I cried a lot. I thought that was bad PMS because everything was making me cry so easily. Oh! And my breasts were huge and sore! Somehow I still had no idea I was pregnant because I just couldn't believe we'd conceive on our first try.
#28 of 40 Old 07-26-2007, 09:55 PM

My symptoms were that I didn't have my normal set of menstrual symptoms (moodiness, nausea, cramping, bloating). I actually felt really great. I suppose in hindsight my one symptom was bigger boobs (not sore though). It wasn't until after I got my bfp that I got more symptoms.
#29 of 40 Old 07-26-2007, 10:00 PM

I knew instantly, but....

I was exhausted and had to take naps. I never nap.

And I was bitchier than usual. One of my friends told me I don't even like you when you're pregnant. I vividly recall calling some guy a nazi when he asked me if my baby was going to be blonde and blue eyed. FTR I was blonde with green eyes. DS is mixed race.

It would seem some pregnant women are similar to PMSy women.

for intuitive readings click here :
#30 of 40 Old 07-27-2007, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies, for sharing your symptoms. I asked because I seem to go back and forth with really feeling pregnant sometimes (when I'm not) and then this cycle I felt like I knew almost immediately it didn't work and I found out yesterday I was right. I guess you just can't predict until the blood test comes back whether it's real or not.

Heather

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page