August Mama's..new thread #3 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-19-2003, 09:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mamasoleil,

Your birth pool sounds awesome! Does your midwife loan them to her clients or did she just tell you what to buy, etc? I bet just walking by it makes the birth seem soooo close (which it is!) One tip you probably don't need: I was just talking to a friend this week about her homebirth and she told me the story of how they had not realized how MUCH water the birth pool would take. She said they should have turned their hot water heater all the way up and then they would have had adequate water. As it was, she filled it but it was filled with chilly water so she never used it . Just a thought...

I bet if you had Soleil at 37 weeks you will have your little boy in your arms before long at all! :bf I agree with you though about the frustration that is possible when we are told we will birth a few weeks early; I had never even considered the possibility much and now I am running around making grocery lists, cleaning slings, etc. and it will probably be the end of August!:

Mpls mama,

You CAN do this. You WILL do this... Trust your body. If you have surrounded yourself with loving supportive attendants and/or family, your body will work the miracle of birth! We all have to believe this truth~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2003, 10:02 PM

Mpls Mama~ I hear you, I had that reaction in my first pg, and again this time, as I'm planning a homebirth, and I hope I can survive, though I've really been prepping myself.

Wooby~Thank you for your kind words, and the advice for the water heater, it holds 100 gallons, so yeah, it's big. My midwife loaned it to us, we just had to supply the pillows, sheet and plastic.
So, this morning, I all of a sudden felt nauseas, and started having intense BH's. All day, they've been really consistent. now about 10 mins apart, but they are still what I would call BH's, because other than the consistency, they don't hurt, just tightenings. Anyway, I paged my m/w to give her the heads up, and she said I can let it happen, and call if it becomes active labour, but that I would be advised to go to the hospital for the delivery, as I'm only 36wks1day. Our birthing pool is all set up, I've been running around like a madwoman all day making sure I have everything if this is it...then I find out i'd have to go to the hospital...so I'm hoping this is just prelabour, and that my babe will hang in for at least 3-4 more days, then I can do it all at home! I don't even know what I would do with Soleil if I have to go to the hospital!!!

AND, about being tired, that is COMPLETELY normal, third trimester will do that. Get as much sleep as possible, your bodies are getting ready for the 'final act'.

Peace,

Mamasoleil
Old 07-19-2003, 11:11 PM

Mamasoleil,

You are in my thoughts. Tell that baby boy to gestate a little longer so he can be welcomed at home! Did she suggest the hospital at this point or is it her policy? Gosh, it is so close to 37 weeks, would it truly make a difference? (I am not suggesting either way~just curious )
Old 07-20-2003, 12:16 PM - Thread Starter

Bird love your TALAC
MplsMama thanks for your post
I am okay
Hang in there mamas.
Old 07-20-2003, 12:38 PM

Hello August mama's. Can I jump in? I am due August 24 with my first, it's a boy, Sebastian and I am getting anxious. I can't believe it's going to happen. I feel pretty good, but really tired - at all times. I've beenhaving BH's since about 4 months pregnant!! Really! At one point (about 4 weeks ago) I have had them every 10 minutes!! It was so annoying! Now it's less offten, but more intense. But as result I think my muscles are really strong! It is kind of frustraiting that I am not able to do much these days....if I go for walk and speed up a little bit, I get pretty hard and intense contractions. And I am 35 weeks! I wonder if I go into labor before my due date. MY mom is flying over from Europe for my homebirth, she will be here August 22, so I hope Sebastian will wait for her....I have not seen my mom for 2 years now And she is a photographer so I really hope she will make it and will be able to see this mirracle happen and take photos!
I also have troubles eating - too little space in my stomach! I am glad we live 5 minuts walk from co-op - they have fantastic food there every single day, fresh and organic! 2 weeks from now and it can happen any time! WOW. I did it. I made it through.
I am still thinking how could I preper myself for this....I am not exactly type who would meditate and breath every day, but I guess I should try at least. Somehow I know exactly what I will need to do when it comes. My MW wants us to do birth plan, but I HATE planning, any planning. I am very spontanious and I like to wait for things to happen first and then decide what to do next....great way how to aviod dissapoinment.
And I am glad this summer is going to be over soon (I know it sounds weird since it is only July), but I am so SICK of hearing from people and strangers: Oh, you poor thing you have to go throught the summer being pg!! I am so SICK of IT! First of all I am sitting at home with a/c most the time so I don't even know how hot it is outsite and secondly - this year is SO MILD! People just never shut up about the weather!! Boring...
Anyway, We are all getting there.........
Can't wait for it to be over though. Although I have been feeling better then last month.
Old 07-20-2003, 12:49 PM

I forgot to tell you - since you are all so close - I have bought a homeopathic remedy for birth from this company www.kingbio.com called Birth Ease - it's a spray that is to be taken for last month of the pregnancy to support and tone the muscles and get your body ready for the birth. I am big fan of homeopathy and will be using some extra remedies besides this one and I really believe it could save me (you) some troubles during the labor!! It helps to open up your cervix and gives you that very needed energy. It is homeopathic thus totally harmless....I always say about alternative medicine - if it does not help, at least, it does no harm, unlike drugs. It costs about $11 and I have been using other products from this company and they work great so I am looking forward to try this one out!! You can also buy it at www.hmedicine.com or straight from the manufacturer www.kingbio.com
I'd be interested to know if some of you will or eventually already did try it, what you experience was like or will be.
Old 07-20-2003, 02:32 PM

Mpls Momma, I know the feeling. I feel SO well supported and prepared and eager for everything to happen...and then I freak out and wonder what kinds of expectations I'm setting myself up for. But then I remember that MOST births are fairly normal and uncomplicated (provided the right care) and I've been very healthy and I'm strong and I do have GREAT care. So I'm sure everything will work out well. But it is hard to let go and trust the unknown. We can do it!!!! We WILL do it!!!

Pavlina, I hope your mom makes it in time too! How special to have her do the photographs.

Does anyone know if there is any correlation between increased B-H contractions and labor starting soon? I've had contractions every day since about 25 weeks. But recently they have been getting stronger and stronger and more and more frequent. I'm trying not to get too excited, but it seems logical to me. But I could also see sitting here for another month....pregnancy has certainly taught me that what seems logical isn't necessarily true!
Old 07-20-2003, 03:54 PM

Sharon,

At my midwives visit last week I talked to them about my frequent and increasingly intense (thought not painful) BH contrax. They do think that this can mean labor is just a few weeks away. As your body gets closer to labor, the uterus contracts more and more until they are not for practice anymore!

I am with you thought. As I sit her thinking it could be 2-3 weeks, it could also be more than a month!:
Old 07-20-2003, 05:24 PM

Feeling much better today , had the big baby shower/cook out last night. Everyone made me feel so much better. Thanks for everyone's kind words too!

Lady from georgia! I'm due august 24th too with my first! And my birthday is august 22nd! Sebastian is a cute name , (adds to list) I think ours is a boy too , no ultrasound just crazy intuition?!
Old 07-21-2003, 01:08 PM

Quote:
So, this morning, I all of a sudden felt nauseas, and started having intense BH's. All day, they've been really consistent. now about 10 mins apart, but they are still what I would call BH's, because other than the consistency, they don't hurt, just tightenings. Anyway, I paged my m/w to give her the heads up, and she said I can let it happen
Mamasoleil, Mamasoliel, did you have your baby today?
Old 07-21-2003, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Mamasoleil, Mamasoliel, did you have your baby today?
No, I did not, instead I fought with dh!:
In all seriousness though, as Sharon said, it may just mean that labor is days, wks or a mth away!!!!
I had consistent strong BH's all day Saturday, and then for part of Sunday...then gone!: I had some more last night, but not lasting...so unknown, all I know, is as of Thursday, I can have my homebirth. How exciting. I also just went thru all of my baby clothes, I honestly thought I would have to go shopping seeing as I'm carrying a boy..but man oh man, I have EVERYTHING I need, I dressed Soleil so neutral, there's barely any pink or any ruffles..I'm so glad I did that now!!!
Wooby, the birthing pool is set, and waiting...now I really feel the reality of impending birth...I turned up my water heater too...just in case! Though I don't think I'll fill the pool, it is so deep!!!
Hope everyone else is doing well...Byrdwomyn, what's up due date partner????
Peace,
Mamasoleil
Old 07-21-2003, 03:11 PM

[/B][/QUOTE] Lady from georgia! I'm due august 24th too with my first! And my birthday is august 22nd! Sebastian is a cute name , (adds to list) I think ours is a boy too , no ultrasound just crazy intuition?! [/B][/QUOTE]
My husband birthday is August 26 - of course he would love him tobe born that day, so we'll see. I found out it was a boy last time I had my ultrasound done - I think I was about 21 weeks. Then I stopped going there.
Since this is my first child, I really have no idea how I suppose to feel, but I have a strong feeling I am not going to make it to my due date. Did/do you all feel the same way? BH's are so offten and I am starting to walk like a "duck" - you know when your pelvis is starting to open up and you can't walk with your legs straight any more
My birth kit has arrived last week, so I am pretty much set adnr eady to go, but still have to wait 12 days till my 37 weeks....
It's interesting how all my fears I ever had about childbirth are melting away as the due date is approaching.....I am so bored though. I don't feel like doing anything! I can't even concentrate on reading or TV - boring! Walks are becoming harder and harder, which is so frustraiting when you used to moving around all the time....
Anyway, it's nice to know I am not the only one........
Old 07-21-2003, 04:55 PM

had my 37wk appt today!

woohoo! gbs was negative! and other 37wk details.....
i'm so excited! woohooo! no dealing with iv meds.

appt today went great - met another of the midwives in the practice. i only have one more to meet and i'll have met them all at least once.

we went over my birth plan briefly, talked bout on call coverage for the weekends and of course heard his hb. still strong at 140. And she says it feels like (even tho i measured 37) that he's moved further down into my pelvis. she said she could barely move his head so he's prolly engaging.

oh. and i didn't gain any weight this week. lol. guess that black/white cookie from chompies won't register till next week. lol. holding steady at 31lbs total

i'm getting way too excited. i'm officially full term. 37wks 2 days so i'm good to go any time!

woohoooooooooooooooooo! bring it on!!!

hope everyone is feeling well today
Old 07-21-2003, 04:56 PM

Pavlina~You look absolutely gorgeous!!! We are carrying the same way, pretty cool. I don't see many women carry like me, they are usually up and out more.
These last few wks are the toughest, because we always think we will go earlier...(that is ideal) I'm walking like you, I've got the full on waddle going on...and my 3 dogs are getting frustrated with the short walks!!!!:
It's a nice feeling when you hit 37 wks, and the comfort of knowing that labour is around the corner, and you can have the homebirth you want!!!
I'll be 37 wks on Friday, can't wait!!!

Peace,

Mamasoleil
Old 07-21-2003, 04:59 PM

CM~we cross posted. Congratulaions on your GBS negative!!! And yay, full term...I'll be there in a few days!
I've decided not to swab though...after much research. I have my 37 wk home visit on Sunday, really excited!
Peace,
Mamasoleil
Old 07-21-2003, 05:10 PM

I'll be 37 weeks on Wednesday! YAY! I had a baby shower yesterday and it was so much fun. We got almost every outfit in the new Carter line based on "The Very Hungry Caterpillar"! Too cute. I love them. So I'm washing all the baby clothes and blankets and bibs right now. DH and I had so much fun looking at them all last night. One friend gave us a pair of overalls that have little bugs crawling on them. DH just about died...he thinks it's SO cute! I've never seen a guy get so excited about baby stuff before! I love it. I know there are a few more things that we need to buy, but we really have most of the necessities now. Come on baby! We're ready for you!
Old 07-21-2003, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mamasoleil
Pavlina~You look absolutely gorgeous!!! We are carrying the same way, pretty cool. I don't see many women carry like me, they are usually up and out more.
These last few wks are the toughest, because we always think we will go earlier...(that is ideal) I'm walking like you, I've got the full on waddle going on...and my 3 dogs are getting frustrated with the short walks!!!!:
It's a nice feeling when you hit 37 wks, and the comfort of knowing that labour is around the corner, and you can have the homebirth you want!!!
I'll be 37 wks on Friday, can't wait!!!

Thank you so much for your compliment! I am going to be 37 weeks soon too......August 1! Does everyone think they are going to be early and then end up being overdue? I can not imagine going on like this for next 6 weeks!! or even longer
Well, whatever is the best for my baby I guess. I just have to stick with it!
My dog hates the weekdays too! He knows exactly when the weekend is and that he is going to be taken out by dh. Poor doggie, bored to death.
Old 07-21-2003, 05:15 PM

Pavlina, I know that I'm convinced that I'm going to have this baby early....but I'm also sure I'll go past my due date just because I'm so excited! But I'm happy to have made it to 37 weeks (or close enough anyway).
Old 07-21-2003, 05:16 PM

Pavlina~I also cannot imagine this pelvic pain going on much longer...but I'm setting myself up to go to due date, or later,...just in case!!!

I started a new thread, this one's getting long!
http://216.92.20.151/discussions/sho...threadid=75186

Mamasoleil

User Tag List