Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jenn, my thoughts are with you.

librarian mommy (34) to DD (2/08), expecting a BOY in early spring 2011
Old 08-25-2007, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Jenn I'm so sorry.

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
Old 08-25-2007, 02:44 PM

Jenn I'm so sorry.

Dee, mommy to Miss M 11/07 and little Miss I 5/10/10!
Old 08-25-2007, 03:16 PM

Oh Jenn, I'm so very sorry.

I'm glad your family and friends are with you. We're thinking of you.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:18 PM

Emily, happy birthday! What color are your pretty toes?
Old 08-25-2007, 03:29 PM

oh Jenn, I'm so sorry. She sounds like a brave, wonderful woman.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:13 PM

((((((Jenn))))) I'm so very sorry for your loss.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:59 PM

Jenn, I'm so sorry about your mom. to you and yours and take good care of yourself.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:21 PM

Jenn--I'm so sorry.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:41 PM

Jenn

Aw sweetie. I am so so sorry to hear about your mom's passing. Please know I am thinking about you and your family and sending you lots of loving, peaceful, healing vibes.

I don't know if this is any comfort to you, but my father's mom died before my sister was born so my sister never met her. However, my sister still talks about her as if she did know her because everyone else in the family did such a good job keeping Lyn (our grandmother) alive for her. So even without meeting her in person, my sister definitely feels like Lyn is her grandmother.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:00 AM

Jenn,

Mama to 3 year old DS and awaiting #2 in June
Old 08-27-2007, 12:00 AM

Giving us an end-of-weekend bump.

Jenn, still thinking about you and your family.

How are are 39+ weekers doing? I was thinking about you all as I saw the giant moon rising tonight.

Emily a belated : to you! I hope it was wonderful in spite of your discomfort. I don't want to be induced either but I can imagine having conflicting emotions about it when you just want the baby out. I'm already starting to feel "full of baby" - totally aware that she's there all the time especially because she moves a lot now. I'm getting pretty big and having a hard time believing that there's 9-12 more weeks of this!

PiePie how's the breastfeeding going? Are you and Lorelei getting into a little groove or is it still a little crazy? I know newborns take a while to get patterns established. I'm also interested in how cosleeping is working out for you.

Old 08-27-2007, 01:52 AM

Jenn, I am so sorry for your losss. I don't know what to say. But hug hug hug hug.

I have mastitis in both breasts. :

Co-sleeping rocks. DH said, what's the point in having a baby if you don't have her in bed with you. He loves it when she sleeps on his chest.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:52 AM

Sorry Pie! Mastitis, it sounds painful. Cute what DH said about cosleeping!

I've had a lovely time in Florida but : I'm coming home today! : I never realized how lonely hotel rooms could be until I was married and didn't have DH with me! I've been travelling alone all my life til him, now it's not the same. I miss my honey and my puppies! I'll see him in 5 hours, yay!
Old 08-27-2007, 12:57 PM

Jenn

I lost my mom almost 8 years ago (she was 48--i was 26), I know how hard this time is for you. Be good to yourself. We are here for you.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:04 PM

No baby yet - although I AM having contractions (more serious ones than what I have been experiencing) so I REALLY hope my body is gearing up. The more intense contractions started last night (and were intense enough that I decided to pack my hospital bag as well as the dog's kennel bags). However, they did not intensify overnight like I had hoped. Bummer. Oh well, at least I got to sleep through the night (other than the 500 bathroom trips as per usual).

Saw the chiro this morning and had a few adjustments. My back feels AMAZING!!! I haven't been in about two months and was soooo feeling the need. I really have no idea how women make it through pregnancy without the chiro.

I had a really nice birthday (except that one of the dogs threw up 3 times AND had an accident in the house all of which I got to clean up). DH and I went to the Melting Pot restaurant which was way more yummy and fun that either one of us thought it would be. Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes. I cannot believe I am now 34 years old. Mid thirties! I feel like I should be more grownup than I am.

BTW Lane my pretty toes are now a purply-red. I love them

Pie - Sorry about the mastitis! Ouch! I hope you heal quickly

Alex, Plum (and Becky?!) Full moon tomorrow Aug 28 (and an eclipse!). : for all of us who are looking to go into labor
Old 08-27-2007, 01:47 PM

Ooh, Emily, sounds like you're close! How exciting! :
Happy belated... glad you had a good one... ain't it true how the dogs always manage to make a mess when you least feel like cleaning it up. Is your doggie ok? Did (s)he get into something?

(At the airport now... this is fun, it's the first time I've brought my laptop with me on a trip!)
Old 08-27-2007, 01:53 PM

Hi Julia, hope you have a good flight and good reunion
Old 08-27-2007, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace24 View Post
ain't it true how the dogs always manage to make a mess when you least feel like cleaning it up. Is your doggie ok? Did (s)he get into something?
Welcome our boy dog (Dixon) has rocks for brains and likes to drink a TON of water (to the point where we have to tell him to stop) and then run around the house with his toys. More often than not, he will end up throwing up. Usually just water - but also whatever else might be in his tummy (weeds are common - he thinks the yard is his personal salad bar, a couple of pieces of not quite digested kibble). SO all of the vomiting incidents were related to water consumption followed by hyperactivity. The other mess was unusual for him, but sometimes when we let him out in the yard, he "forgets" what he is supposed to do (go potty!) and instead focuses on other activitities such as "Get Cat" "Secure the Perimeter" "Eat Weeds" "Get Neighbors" or "Dig" or "Bark with Gatsby the Neighbor Dog". He is a pitbull (my first pittie) and also a male (my first male pup too) so I never know how much of his behavior is due to being a pit and how much is due to being a boy. Maybe it's both? Either way, despite the rocks for brains, he is one of the sweetest dogs I have ever owned. Wouldn't trade him for the world
Old 08-27-2007, 02:38 PM

You guys made me throw up with your dog vomit talk (not that it takes much).

Emily I hope your contractions mean things are gearing up for you!
Old 08-27-2007, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dctexan View Post
I never know how much of his behavior is due to being a pit and how much is due to being a boy.
Oh, well, now that you'll have another boy, you can do experiments. If your KID eats weeds and runs around and throws up, then you'll be able to determine that that portion of the behavior is the boy portion, rather than the pit portion.

Sorry, I'm in a goofy mood. I don't really think you'll let your kid eat weeds.

I'm a week to "term" and am starting to freak out. Do I buy breastfeeding books and bone up on complications or just keep LLL numbers handy and hope for the best and take care of the OTHER stuff on my to-do list, like the pediatrician? The changing pad came today and is freaking enormous. It covers the whole top of the dresser we got at Salvation Army for twenty bucks. That's fine and dandy, but now where do I put the wipes? School starts today and I don't have to fret over a syllabus, but here I am fretting over whether or not it's a total waste to buy little pants in size 0-3. I have nothing but some gowns in size 0-3, but I'm small and it seems like little baby is too. Not the ten pound kid I assumed I'd grow just because of how much cheese I eat. And the little organic yoga pants are the cutest. But will I want to dress her in t-shirts and diapers? or onesies? or tops and pants? I just feel like I don't know what I'll want so it's hard to know what to do or buy. I'm going crazy!
Old 08-27-2007, 03:22 PM

Jenn - I am so very sorry for your loss... You and your family our in my prayers...
Old 08-27-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~minnow~ View Post
Oh, well, now that you'll have another boy, you can do experiments. If your KID eats weeds and runs around and throws up, then you'll be able to determine that that portion of the behavior is the boy portion, rather than the pit portion.
: Good idea! Emily FWIW your doggie sounds spookily like my male rottweiler. He drinks so much water that he lays down at the bowl. Then he gets bloated, eats weeds and throws up. (Sorry Sarah) What are they thinking? Sweetest doggie evar though. He'll be great with the baby too. DH & I joke about getting him a doggie-sized sling so he can wear the baby.

Oh no PiePie mastitis in both breasts? That's awful! I hope you recover soon. Glad to hear cosleeping is going well though - my DH wants my LO to sleep on his chest too.

Julia yay for a great trip & yay again for homecoming! Sorry you had to deal with our weird weather - Florida seems like it has its own weather ecosystem. The weirdest part is that weather comes from all directions. :

Lane I know those change pads are freaking huge! I just got one last week and my dresser is barely deep enough for the thing. Kudos on the Salvation Army dresser - I need to find one for the baby's stuff too. Maybe you could get a little cart with plastic drawers for the wipes & dipes & keep it beside the dresser? I was thinking about getting a couple of those if I can't find a dresser. Baby clothes: I got the Baby Bargains book & there's a chart showing the bare minimum clothes you need. It's at home though, so I'll update you tonight. Personally I'm thinking mostly gowns for the 0-3 stage then t-shirts/onesies and cloth dipes for 3-6 months. I guess you'll need some little pants & sweaters though, since you actually have seasons.

Old 08-27-2007, 03:38 PM

emily: god for you on packing your hosp bag. we didn't until i was in active labor, when dh did -- omitting, e.g., the hypnobirthing cd. alex and becky, you want to follow emily's lead and not mine. consider bringing one or 2 pillows -- for some reason, extras were hard to come by at the birth ctr.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:40 PM

Quote:
I'm a week to "term" and am starting to freak out. Do I buy breastfeeding books and bone up on complications or just keep LLL numbers handy and hope for the best and take care of the OTHER stuff on my to-do list, like the pediatrician? The changing pad came today and is freaking enormous. It covers the whole top of the dresser we got at Salvation Army for twenty bucks. That's fine and dandy, but now where do I put the wipes? School starts today and I don't have to fret over a syllabus, but here I am fretting over whether or not it's a total waste to buy little pants in size 0-3. I have nothing but some gowns in size 0-3, but I'm small and it seems like little baby is too. Not the ten pound kid I assumed I'd grow just because of how much cheese I eat. And the little organic yoga pants are the cutest. But will I want to dress her in t-shirts and diapers? or onesies? or tops and pants? I just feel like I don't know what I'll want so it's hard to know what to do or buy. I'm going crazy!
minnow, now is a good time to start interviewing peds. i thought we would like the first one we interviewed (he came well recommended) but we didn't and it caused a bit of a panic. emily, i assume you found one you like?
Old 08-27-2007, 03:49 PM

Pie - If you are planning on going back, you definitely need to get on the daycare lists or start looking for a nanny!!! I've been on lists since January and it's not looking like we'll get in by next January, so we may actually be relying on my parents for a while... It's crazy!!! Glad that Lorelei is gaining weight, but sorry about the mastitis...

Happy B-Day Emily! 34's not so bad... Oh, and I think Pie's cervix wasn't doing much until pretty close to her delivery, so I think it just depends on your body. That's what I'm telling myself anyway.

Sarah - Sorry you can't sleep. I've had insomnia on and off. Are you piling up pillows? My hips started hurting around 20 weeks and using a pillow between my legs really helped.

Minnow - you sound as lost as I feel on baby stuff. I don't know what clothes we'll need, or anything at this point!!! I can't believe we still don't have crib sheets (for naps), nursing nighties, nursing bras, pump, etc...

Okay, so 3rd trimester exhaustion is officially here. I feel like I'm barely functioning... I'm tired and swollen and this baby is still moving down. I can't believe that she hasn't fully dropped, but I know she hasn't.

For changing table - we are getting a dresser and will put a changing pad on top. I don't want to have to bend down, so we're going to put shelves over the dresser to hold the supplies. Of course, we have neither yet...

Is a wipes warmer silly for a Fall baby? I think that warm wipes would make nighttime changes less stressful, but DH thinks I'm being silly.

Any advice on a gift for my friend that threw BOTH of my showers? (Friends/family was on Sunday and was also really nice. It was great to have my old friend that I recently reconnected with there.) She did such an awesome job; I want to do something nice for her. I was thinking about a necklace or something with the baby's birthstone, but since I don't know for sure if she'll be born in September or October I'd have to wait... Is that weird to do it later? I don't even know if a gift is customary, but I feel like doing something nice for her.

I keep hoping for another birth announcement - sending labor vibes!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganone View Post
Is a wipes warmer silly for a Fall baby? I think that warm wipes would make nighttime changes less stressful, but DH thinks I'm being silly.
we're actually using one for our cloth wipes - it turns out this is a convenient way to keep them wet. I don't think I'd bother if we were using sposies though.

oh Pie - I hope you recover SOON - that's so rough.

I love reading these dog stories. yesterday jake (my lab) brought Ella is prized zebra toy. laid it on the floor next to her and gently pushed it with his nose towards her. he also likes to run back and forth in front of her with a toy - she follows him with her head and coos.

Today, she's apparently giving the nanny hell. I'm forcing myself to stay at work so they can start to work it out...
Old 08-27-2007, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Good point. Isn't the whole reason scientists have children so that we can run experiments on them?

Quote:
Okay, okay. I feel your panic. One thing at a time.

Breastfeeding - go to at least one LLL meeting to meet the folks before your due date. You may never need to call on them again, but at least you will have laid the foundation. As for books, I would go to the library and check a few out (I read the Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, So Thats What Their For, and one other one about working and breastfeeding). If you need to buy one, you can always do it after the babe comes. Also, most LLL grounds have a lending library. You might also want to take a breastfeeding class. Not so much for yourself, but WITH your DH so that he can understand how important his support and help is (we did NOT do this and DH seems to think that I will magically be able to breastfeed and that he doesn't have anything to do with it).

Clothes - I am using only onsies, sleepers, and gowns for the 0-3 stage. I have about 12-14 outfits (most from the thrift store). I also purchased several sleeprs and onsies in the 3-6 size. I figure can buy more stuff later, once I figure out what I like/need. The most common advice I hear is make sure you have easy access for diaper changes. To me that means sleepers with snaps/zippers in the front that go down to the feet, gowns, and onsies. I suspect we will be swaddling the babe a lot so I have no worries about him sometimes just being in a diaper (no clothes). Looking back at my baby pictures, my parents chose that route wth me.

Pediatrician - Now's the time sweetie. You need to go interview and find one you like. This is the one thing that probably shouldn't wait on - put it at the top of the to do list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiePie View Post
emily, i assume you found one you like?
yep, I interviewed 4 peds. I liked two of them. I selected the one closest to my house (even though I liked her slightly less than the other one) figuring proximity is important, especially when the babe is very small. If it doesn't work out, I have the other ped as back up.

Elizabeth - I got my shower host and hostess a gift certificate for a massage
Old 08-27-2007, 05:19 PM

[QUOTE=veganone;9012394]

QUOTE]

aren't they fire hazard?

User Tag List