Pregnant with #1 in our 30s August - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 552 Old 08-01-2007, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to the Pregnant in Our 30s with #1 thread!
: = newest member of the thread!

CURRENT MEMBERS

August 2007
dctexan (Emily) 34 EDD Aug 2007
plummum 36 : EDD Aug 2007

September 2007
beckyphry (Becky) 32 EDD Sept 2007
hazieluna (Natalia) 36 : EDD Sept 2007
ATD Mom 32 : EDD Sept 2007
K9sarchik (Laura) 38 EDD Sept 2007
~minnow~ (Lane) 31 EDD Sept 2007
Down to Earth (Laura) 30 : EDD Sept 2007

October 2007
amberbella EDD Oct 2007
shibababy : EDD Oct 2007
veganone (Elizabeth) 34 EDD Oct 2007
jpiper0430 (Jenn) 31 : EDD Oct 2007

November 2007
MajorGroover (Dee) 32 EDD Nov 2007
Grace24 (Julia) 36 EDD Nov 2007
VeganLove (Michelle) almost 30 : EDD Nov 2007
dcgirl (Rebecca) 36 EDD Nov 2007

December 2007
cmu204 (Cher) 34 : EDD Dec 2007
CowsRock (Kripa) : EDD Dec 2007

January 2008
Kharen (Karen) 32 : EDD Jan 2008
mamajennvt : EDD Jan 2008
Nico DeMouse 31 : EDD Jan 2008
xenon 30 : EDD Jan 2008
SarahJen (Sarah) 36 : EDD Jan 2008

February 2008
phillybama (Aimee) 31 : EDD Feb 2008
Teenytoona (Leah) 31 : EDD Feb 2008
Jujubie (Judy) 34 : EDD Feb 2008
cicely_m almost 30 : EDD Feb 2008
jentina (Jen) 34 : EDD Feb 2008
trizzle(Tracy) 30-something : EDD Feb 2008

March 2008
pinkorchid2 30 : EDD Mar 2008
cking (Christina) 31 : EDD Mar 2008

April 2008
mandy74 (Mandy) 32 : EDD Apr 2008
:PixieAlly (Ally) Age 31 : EDD April 2, 2008
Anouk(Lacy) 32 : EDD Apr 13 2008
GISDiva (Kim) Age 32 : EDD April 15, 2008
meli-mello (Melanie) Age 31 : EDD April 2008

GRADUATES
: rock dr (CJ) Gabriella born June 05, 2007
: farmama Natalina born July 17, 2007
: nikkihoi 37 Marshall born August 4, 2007
: eri_flores 31 Ariel Efrain born August 10, 2007
: cornpicker 33 Jonah Harrison August 15, 2007
: PiePie 36 Lorelei Siobhan born August 16, 2007
: greengrey (Alex) 30 Layla born August 25, 2007

Click here if you are looking for the TTC #1 in our 30s thread.
#2 of 552 Old 08-01-2007, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome to the Pregnant with #1 in our 30s August 2007 edition! We have several mamas getting ready to graduate this month, how exciting!

Please remember to highlight requested changes in bold. If you're missing from the list above it was not intentional, just let me know. If you'd like to be added or have info changed just post it in bold.
#3 of 552 Old 08-01-2007, 11:50 AM

Thanks Pink, it looks great!
#4 of 552 Old 08-01-2007, 12:03 PM

Thanks for the new thread, Pink! It looks great.

This Saturday is my birthday. I'll be 31.

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
#5 of 552 Old 08-01-2007, 12:13 PM

Thanks for volunteering to host the thread, Pink! one change for me--I had a birthday a couple of weeks ago, so I'm 36 now (!).
#6 of 552 Old 08-01-2007, 12:23 PM

happy belated bday dcgirl! i'm 36 too!! a great age to have a baby, right?
#7 of 552 Old 08-01-2007, 12:24 PM

cornpicker, emily, alex, how ya doin'? it's our birth month!
#8 of 552 Old 08-01-2007, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks mamas! Happy belated birthday Rebecca and happy early birthday Christina .
#9 of 552 Old 08-01-2007, 12:37 PM

Me too, I'm 36! It's been the best one so far! Happy late b-day Rebecca!

I'm sooooooo excited, I was starting to worry it wouldn't happen but it did... I found a midwife for my homebirth! I'm sooooooo happy. She says we can even do a waterbirth if we want to. We're going to meet next Wednesday, I knew talking to her on the phone that I liked her immediately (plus it seems I'm running out of time and options) so I hired her on the spot. I am sooooo relieved. Whee! She offers all the typical tests and leaves it up to me, I love that! Does the exams and stuff in my home, etc. Love it. Soooooo happy. We're starting our Bradley classes in a month and I'm reading Birthing From Within as part of my homework. Still waiting for my Hypnobabies home study course in the mail...so I think I'm covering all my bases. Oh, and taking my RRL tea capsules.

Now the only question left is whether or not I should let the doggies stay here during the birth or have a friend come get them. They're extremely comforting and relaxing to me, so I'm tempted to keep them here to help me, but my german shepherd worries if I even sniffle and I'm afraid she'd have an anxiety attack if she heard me in labor! So I'm not sure yet. Putting her in another room would probably just drive her crazy...she would destroy the door to get out. I've seen her do it. She's got talent.

How are all you ladies today?
#10 of 552 Old 08-01-2007, 01:12 PM

Oh my. August. Wow.
I guess the babe really is coming!

Pink - the thread looks awesome. Thank you so much for hosting

I am 36 weeks today according to FF (I will be 36 weeks tomorrow based on my own personal feeling about when O happened).

Still working on the grant, but everything seems to be coming together nicely. I cannot wait until I drop the whole thing off as FedEx. Usually the waiting is really tough, but somehow I suspect that time will be FLYING because I will be on mat. leave with the wee one

So I think I have been having a lot more BH recently. Not quite sure though. The babe is wedged in there fairly tightly so it is tough to know when tightening is due to the babe and when tightening is due to muscle contractions (or perhaps they are occuring together?). I declined a cervix check at my last midwife appt. and I *think* I am going to continue to decline. No point in knowing, right? Although the curiosity is killing me. I feel a lot of stuff hapening down there (twinges and sharp momentary pains).

I am also VERY hormonal. I am EXTREMELY annoyed with DH and he honestly has done NOTHING to deserve it. Just the sight of him makes me crazy. I want to smother him or something?! Very weird. I think part of it is just that I want to den up and be left alone (but I am not annoyed my the dogs for some reason?) which I can do fairly well at the office (since I can just close the door) but not so much as home. DH and all of his "crap" (i.e. clutter) is all over the house. It annoys me when we go to bed at the same time, it annoys me when I wake up and he is still sleeping, it annoys me when he talks. Argh. I just want to purge the house of him! Is this normal? It feels awful to be thinking this way because he has seriously done nothing to deserve it and he can sense that I am annoyed (I just told him I was feeling very uncomfortable and that it was making me very cranky - which is true).
I really hope I don't end up killing him before I go into labor because I will really need his support.

How are the other August ladies doing?!
#11 of 552 Old 08-01-2007, 01:18 PM

Emily... not to make light of how you're feeling at all, just that I can relate. I don't know if it's "normal" at 36 weeks but I can tell you that my first pregnancy symptom was that DH, out of nowhere, could do NOTHING right. Even the way he breathed wa sannoying me. But here's what I think... are you annoyed and overwhelmed by the clutter? Cuz I get that way when our house is cluttered and I transfer it to resenting him. Once we organized the main floor of the house I was suddenly a very happily married woman. Recently his papers and books were everywhere and I hated him again. I mean, here you are, trying to nest, and there's this JUNK everywhere? No fair. Just wondering if there's a connection for you too... when my house feels out of control, I feel out of control, and now is not the time when you need that feeling, KWIM?
#12 of 552 Old 08-01-2007, 01:20 PM

Happy August ladies, thanks for the new thread Pink with due dates, very exciting month coming up!

I thought I was the only one who was 36 here, I don't know why I thought that but I'm really reassured to find out that I'm not

I'm 15 weeks today : feeling mostly pretty good but still have the occasional surprise breakfast reappearance. I'm starting to get some more energy, being on holidays helps - I can get out for a walk most days.

Emily 36 weeks, wow! Seems like it went so fast (although probably not for you). I can't wait for the August babies to get here.

I'm on dialup a the cottage so I hope this post goes through...
#13 of 552 Old 08-01-2007, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dctexan View Post

I am also VERY hormonal. I am EXTREMELY annoyed with DH and he honestly has done NOTHING to deserve it. Just the sight of him makes me crazy. I want to smother him or something?! Very weird. I think part of it is just that I want to den up and be left alone (but I am not annoyed my the dogs for some reason?) which I can do fairly well at the office (since I can just close the door) but not so much as home. DH and all of his "crap" (i.e. clutter) is all over the house. It annoys me when we go to bed at the same time, it annoys me when I wake up and he is still sleeping, it annoys me when he talks. Argh. I just want to purge the house of him! Is this normal? It feels awful to be thinking this way because he has seriously done nothing to deserve it and he can sense that I am annoyed (I just told him I was feeling very uncomfortable and that it was making me very cranky - which is true).
I really hope I don't end up killing him before I go into labor because I will really need his support.
this was how i sounded from about the end of june until about mid july.
#14 of 552 Old 08-01-2007, 02:04 PM

Hello, just poking my nose in to the lovely new thread. I had a birthday lately: I'm 31.

I'm so excited for you August ladies. I'm excited to stalk symptoms and labor signs.

Dee, on the other thread you mentioned you got married in Jamaica. Neat! Is there more to the story?

Julia, I'm so excited for you!

We're in the new house. Stuff eVERYWHERE. My husband's OCD is becoming a little annoying because in his fit to put everything away, he's putting stuff where I don't want it. Also, I think he doesn't register that we're having a baby which means that we have to have areas for BABY things. However, he and my parents were GREAT in the whole moving thing. And I needed the help badly, so I just let my mom and dad take care of me and buy me dinner and clean my house, you know? I remind myself that we have until the end of September (probably) before the baby comes to try to get everything (re)-situated. Overall I'm overwhelmed but feeling pretty good emotionally. But huge, and starting to be more uncomfortable (baby limbs getting a lot more invasive). I think I'm between 32 and 33 weeks?
#15 of 552 Old 08-01-2007, 02:05 PM

One more 36 yo here!

Just stopping by with my sausage fingers to say hi!

I went to my midwife yesterday and she wants me to get another u/s to make sure that the baby is in position. She says that it's just a precaution since she is 90% sure from touching my belly that the baby is head down but just to be sure... I've never heard of this being done before but I'm a sucker for u/s - so I get another chance to see my baby before meeting her (or him).

Julia- congrats on the midwife and homebirth decision! I've got a birth pool and hope I will have a water birth.

I'm excited for the August mamas!!!
#16 of 552 Old 08-01-2007, 02:14 PM

Emily, I have periods of feeling the same way, esp. about the going to bed at the same time as me thing. Periods where everything he does annoys me, just because he's around, in my space.

Fortunately, I have lots of goodwill built up toward him right now because of how great he's been during the move, which is helping me to negotiate what could be the very trying time while our house is so chaotic and while he's still piling crap in "the nursery" and on my desk, crap that clearly belongs somewhere else, like in the garage, maybe.

Natalia, what kind of birth pool do you have? I need to get one.
#17 of 552 Old 08-01-2007, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~minnow~ View Post
My husband's OCD is becoming a little annoying because in his fit to put everything away, he's putting stuff where I don't want it. Also, I think he doesn't register that we're having a baby which means that we have to have areas for BABY things. However, he and my parents were GREAT in the whole moving thing. And I needed the help badly, so I just let my mom and dad take care of me and buy me dinner and clean my house, you know?
my brother's ocd was very helpful in sorting baby clothes hand-me-downs. now we have 11 garbage bags separated by size.

our apt. is so not ready yet. and i could go soon...
#18 of 552 Old 08-01-2007, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Today is a good day to go check in on the TTC #1 in our 30s thread! The first graduate of the month has been announced!
#19 of 552 Old 08-01-2007, 04:18 PM

Hey all you lovely pregnant 30 somethings~

My usual pop in to say I'm here for the month and keeping up with all the activity.
I am at 33 weeks now and going strong. Having some feet and ankle swelling and minor hip pain but that's about it. Swimming helps a lot with that, and I try to get the pool everyday. Soon the cold weather will come and I won't have the luxury of my pool anymore.

I've been doing hypnosis for childbirth with a hypnotherapist. It's very good with putting the thought of "relax" into my brain. I'll probably NEED that!

Grace24~ Congrats on getting your midwife for a homebirth! And you sound like me with trying to cover all the basis.

Dee~ You got married in Jamaica! I got married in Tortola. Hurray for Caribbean weddings!

Speaking of pregnancy hormones. Holy cow did I blow up at my DH this past weekend. I just instantly lost it. My brain went bonkers. I'm glad that he is a very understanding man.

Glad you are all doing well. I'm keeping watch of you ladies that are due this month!

Laura~ wife to my stuntman, Stig, mama to Gavin Rutgar reading.gif(4) and now Wyatt Andreas (1) and 2 little angel1.gif.

#20 of 552 Old 08-01-2007, 05:44 PM

Pie, yes, 36 is a great age to have a baby! It would have been unthinkable even just a couple of years ago... You have 11 BAGS of baby clothes! I thought I was doing well with my little stash, but you put it to shame!

Julia, your homebirth sounds like it's going to be great. and congratulations on finding a midwife you like to attend. and as far as the dogs go, if Hypnobabies does what it's supposed to, they won't even know you're in labor! (I'm planning a hyponbaby birth, too, and I'm starting early with the positive affirmations...)

Lane and Emily, I'm feeling you on the clutter. We moved into our new house in April, and we still have boxes everywhere! The baby's room is the worst. there's even an old sink and vanity in there!

Natalia--sending head-down vibes your way!

I'm very excited because we're going to Ikea tomorrow to buy things for the baby and for the house. the closest Ikea is 4 hours away, outside DC, so this is quite the exciting road trip! We plan on getting the crib, a dresser, some shelves, and something to store all the books and albums that are currently occupying the baby's room.

I was reading a mainstream board earlier, and was really annoyed by it. There's a thread about women choosing to not breastfeed, going straight to formula, and all these women talking about the best ways to dry up your milk. The thing that was most aggravating were the people suggesting that women who don't want to nurse should refuse to see lactation consultants in the hospital because "they'll just try to change your mind." : Yeah, let's avoid encountering information that will make us feel bad about our choices.

August Moms, I am so excited for you! try to do something to pamper yourself before your little ones come. And keep us posted with every last detail!
#21 of 552 Old 08-01-2007, 05:45 PM

Thanks Pink - it looks so pretty!!!

I'm glad to hear that some of you ladies that are due soon are still getting baby stuff ready. The nursery is NOT ready at our place, but people keep asking me if it's all done. Um, no. We only have a crib and a stroller, really... We'll get it together before she actually gets here, but we are really accomplished procrastinators!

My chair is FINALLY here! We get to pick it up tomorrow. I'm so excited! I'm getting to where I'm really uncomfortable on our couches (they look great, but aren't built for comfort), so I want my chair!

I can't wait for all of the August babies to start arriving. Woohoo!
#22 of 552 Old 08-01-2007, 06:08 PM

Thanks for the new thread, Pink! Lovely work.

Count me in on being excited for August babies... So! Exciting!
#23 of 552 Old 08-01-2007, 07:36 PM

Hi, all! I'm still alive. We lost Internet the past few weeks. Andy called to have our cable pulled for sometime next week and it was gone the next morning. Eh, we still had cable TV (a smaller package, but still the channels we watch the most) until yesterday morning. Ugh. Now we have antennas on two of our TVs and we're getting wireless Internet from church.

Happy birthday, all!

Yay for those who are in the homestrech! I can't belive that on a technicality (as it is August) my baby is due next month. Yikes. :

I'm hardly showing, but at the same time, I'm feeling my belly more. I'm also feeling the baby more. I'm too the point where I need to lean more, instead of sitting straight, but the chair I'm using for my desk is too square and my husband's desk chair doesn't fit my desk well. Ugh.

As for baby clothes, I think I have enough to comfortably dress a couple of babies. My church held a shower for me and I probably got hundreds of dollars worth of stuff. My parents, sister, her 4-y-o daughter, my husband's parents 21-y-o sister and their aunt came. On Sunday, the day after, my sister and mother who are both very organized people, helped me go through the stuff, decide what I wanted to keep and sort the clothes into sizes. The zero to three month stuff is in one box, 3-6, in another, and the bigger stuff in another, all marked. I also have a box of clean baby clothes that I'm either going to put in my car, or just very clearly mark, so it's available right away. I'm hoping they'll both be able to come on the 12th to help.

I'm almost done with the thank you notes, but I ran out of cards. I have some old stationary somewhere that I might just pull out and use. We have thank you note cards leftover from our wedding, but we're not sure where....

I still have much to do for the baby, but we're waiting until after we move so we have less to move.

I think I don't have much left to do for the move. I have to pack my other closet, but the track doors are broken again, so I'm going to ask my husband to take them off to make packing easier. I have random stuff in the basement to pack, but it's just stuffing stuff back into boxes of stuff that was just stuffed in the boxes from the last move last August. Sigh. I have to pack the rest of the kitchen stuff and the pantry and bathroom stuff, but I'll wait until next week, maybe do the dishes on Saturday and just live off of paper plates. I'm not keen on paper, but sometimes things have their use. Boxes will be packed, but not closed yet.

At least for moving day I won't have to do much. I'm not allowed, my husband told me. Andy has been putting announcements in the church bulletin and giving verbal announcements before the service during the time of announcements, so who knows. There is also a group from church helping to build a house for Habitat that day, too. Andy has promised alcohol and pizza for those who help. I just hope my husband has time to do stuff. He has a funeral on Friday and one on Monday. He was selfishly hoping they would die after we move and let the new intern get some funeral experience in.

One thing that is concerning me is that I don't have a doctor yet in Columbus. We were hoping to have one by July at the latest and start driving down there for appointments. Nope. Maybe I can have my dream birth with the next pregnancy. (Doula or mid-wife, water and/or home birth.... I just pray that I can not only get vegan food at the hospital, but real food, too.)

Sigh. One day at a time. Now, I have to get up so I can breath again, and, I want dinner.

Happy day,
Laura
#24 of 552 Old 08-01-2007, 08:25 PM

Thanks for hosting PinkOrchid, the thread looks great! Oh yeah, I'm 32!

Happy belated and upcoming birthday to Rebecca, Lane and Christina!

Julia I'm so happy you found a homebirth midwife. What an exciting decision! There are some good resources on MDC for choosing a birth tub and getting all the supplies you need. Your MW will also probably give you some info. I asked my (former) MW about the dogs and she said they were no big deal. She said to keep them in another room if they were upset or getting in the way, but that's about it. What brand of RRL capsules do you take? I hate the tea and it's too hot to drink it anyway so I'd love info on capsules.

I'm so excited for those of you due this month! Holy cow, you're actually going to have babies! Pie, I can't believe you have a huge trial right when you're due. Emily, I'm sorry you're feeling hormonal - I hate that out-of-control why-am-I-feeling-and-behaving-like-this feeling.

Sarah glad you're feeling better & hope you're enjoying your time at the cottage.

Natalia
I have sausage fingers too! When I walk the dogs in the morning before it's even hot, my fingers swell so much they look like they want to split. Aah the joys of later pregnancy and humidity! Hooray for another u/s. I feel bad saying that here but I'm a sucker for them too. It's just too cool to see the baby in there!

Lane
OMG my DH did the same thing the first time we moved (when we moved in together, actually) and it sparked our first fight. Fight is too strong of a word, actually, since I just do the silent treatment (hate that about myself). But boy is it irritating when you're trying to do it right and he's just trying to get it done. Once the boxes are off the truck I'll unpack at my own pace, TYVM!

Many years (and moves) after that we got married on the beach in Negril, Jamaica. It was awesome and I recommend it to everyone. We didn't want to go through the hassle of planning a wedding on a shoestring budget that was going to be more for our parents than ourselves. We started a guest list and it was quickly up over 100 people and my mom wasn't into helping me plan b/c she was in seminary at the time. We used to work out a lot, so we chatted w/ the guy at the front desk of the gym and he gave us the idea b/c he'd recently done it. DH's parents and my parents were invited to go with us but they both declined for various reasons, so it was just the two of us. So romantic! It was an all-inclusive adults-only resort called Couples. I planned the wedding in 30 minutes while wearing my bathing suit. We got married on a Monday morning, I had purple orchids in my bouquet and a chocolate cake with buttercream icing, with champagne of course! When we got back to the room there was a bath with rose petals and candles, rose petals on the bed and more chilled champagne waiting. Sigh. I wanna do it again! Sorry that got so long... I was in a bit of a reverie there...

Xenon
how are you? Did you move and get a new job? How are you feeling?

to our lurking Lauras!

Dee, mommy to Miss M 11/07 and little Miss I 5/10/10!
#25 of 552 Old 08-01-2007, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgrl View Post
I'm very excited because we're going to Ikea tomorrow to buy things for the baby and for the house. the closest Ikea is 4 hours away, outside DC, so this is quite the exciting road trip! We plan on getting the crib, a dresser, some shelves, and something to store all the books and albums that are currently occupying the baby's room.
something to look for at ikea: the make a plastic frog that is a combination bib, suction bowl, spoon, and sippy cup. at got it at one of my showers and it it too cute! every kid at the shower had one of their own. apparently it is a must-have for babes born in the last 5 yrs. who knew? i have never been to an ikea before.
#26 of 552 Old 08-01-2007, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down_to_Earth View Post

I'm almost done with the thank you notes, but I ran out of cards.
OMG, I have not done ANY yet. : I am very overwhelmed with day-to-da y life. I got thank you notes as a shower gift (same with for the wedding, actually...). you can get super cute but pricey cards here: www.tinyprints.com
#27 of 552 Old 08-01-2007, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiePie View Post
OMG, I have not done ANY yet. :
I'm glad I'm not the only one.
#28 of 552 Old 08-01-2007, 11:58 PM

Rebecca, you're going to the Ikea near me! Potomac Mills? Enjoy! I've never been to that one. Let me know if you find some stuff. We still need a changing table and dresser, but DH says "Ikea is Swedish for 'crap'" so I may have a hard time convincing him to go there. I love their stuff though. Maybe I can appeal to his inner penny-pincher

Dee...OMG your picture is gorgeous. You sound like me, the way we started planning a wedding and became quickly overwhelmed, and I thought, Why do all these people even need to be there? I researched all those Caribbean weddings and we almost got married in Hawaii on what ended up being our honeymoon, but we decided to move the date up 4 months so people wouldn't try to talk us out of it. We're so glad we did, but your wedding picture is exactly what I pictured for us originally. Still, our B&B wedding was lovely and low-key, and Hawaii was just for us! You guys are a gorgeous couple! Thanks for sharing the picture.

There's more I want to say but I'm hungry so it will have to wait.

It's nice to see so many people popping in we haven't heard from! Welcome back everyone!
#29 of 552 Old 08-02-2007, 01:17 AM

#30 of 552 Old 08-02-2007, 09:17 AM

Dee -- I love your wedding story and your pic. Wow! Hot! We got married in Vegas. I'm a fan of by-yourself weddings.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page