Diastasis Recti already? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-10-2007, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm only 12 weeks, and already I feel my muscles seperating in my belly button and right above. True, I had only gotten them to reconnect right before getting pregnant again, but I've been doing ab work religiously, so I didn't think they'd seperate this quickly. Is it just a second pregnancy thing? I'm going to try those crunches where you suck your belly button into your spine, but is it hopeless at this point? Anyone know?
#2 of 2 Old 08-10-2007, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mine seperated early as well. I really noticed them by 16-20 weeks. I didn't have them at all in my first pregnancy. Ironically, I was not in shape at all with my first, and had become a workout freak prior to this pregnancy. On my end, the amount on ab work done before or during pregnancy didn't keep them from seperating. My only hope it that it will help them to go back after!

Not sure if that helps, but I feel for ya.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page