How long after nesting did you go into labor? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 08-14-2007, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just curious if there is a trend. Thanks!

Mom to ds (7/02), dd(2/04), ds (9/07), and dd 9/09
#2 of 10 Old 08-15-2007, 03:16 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
I started nesting hardcore at 32 weeks. My water broke at 33weeks and I was induced at 34weeks when I didn't go into labor. But I was CONVINCED at 32 weeks that I HAD to prep the prefolds and wash all the clothing and set up our room with the bassinet and the dresser for the diapers and clothing. Turns out I didn't HAVE to since she was in the NICU a while, but I WAS headed for having a baby!

treehugger.gifjog.gifgreenthumb.gifknit.gifnamaste.gif

#3 of 10 Old 08-15-2007, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydancer View Post
Just curious if there is a trend. Thanks!
I never felt it with my first pregnancy but I had to be induced four days after my due date due to preeclampsia. After I had the baby, I was in serious pain and serious nest mode at the same time. I just couldn't stop straightening and organizing things and wasted a lot of precious time while she was sleeping doing that instead of resting, which I really should have been doing.

Mandy, mother to Alexandra (10/14/05) and William (12/21/07)
#4 of 10 Old 08-15-2007, 06:33 PM

My nesting lasted a good week or so, and then I went into labor two weeks later (on my edd).

Mom to DS March '05 and : DD Feb. '08
#5 of 10 Old 08-15-2007, 07:25 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Well, I just got that strong nesting urge yesterday, at 35.5 weeks. I'm willing to bet money that I've got at least another 2-4 weeks left at least.

Non Practicing Midwife, going back to school! Mamma to my 3 loves, living each day to the fullest.
#6 of 10 Old 08-15-2007, 07:49 PM

I felt a huge urge to nest in the morning (around 10am or so) at 38 weeks exactly. I went into labor at 3pm that same day, and she was born exactly 24hrs later.
#7 of 10 Old 08-15-2007, 07:58 PM

Less than 12 hours. I began nesting the evening of 1/7/06. I felt I had to scrub the bath tub, clean the kitchen, tidy up the bedroom, and wash baby clothes. I went into labor at 5am on 1/8/06 at 38 weeks 2 days. Had DS in the late afternoon.

Kim. My heart is full! Wife to Ray, Mama to 3 boys!  "Big C", our boy with designer genes, "Little C", and "Baby M" 11/2010.
#8 of 10 Old 08-15-2007, 08:22 PM

I'm curious about this also. I can't remember how it was with dd1 but for the past few days I have been nesting hardcore and I am in soooo much pain (sciatic nerve, back, swollen feet, heartburn) but I am so determined to get this stuff done I am trying to just power through it! I feel like I have so much more to do but my body is giving up on me! I really want to clean the kitchen, dd's room and the car but it's literally impossible at the moment... grrrr... Child, please come out of me soon! (I am 38 weeks btw)

dd1 4/7/05 dd2 8/22/07 and b/g twins born 5/23/10
#9 of 10 Old 08-15-2007, 08:28 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Most of my third tri. I HAD to do so much stuff, I even remember one night a couple weeks before DD2 was born outside, raking leaves in the dark at 8pm.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#10 of 10 Old 08-15-2007, 09:36 PM

My last pregnancy I started about 2 wks before due date, and he ended up being 2 wks over!!!

SO at least I got a lot done!!

I do get the urge to do a lot of strenuous activity though right before the day.

With my first I went on a seriously long walk and just kept going and going, I couldn't stop!

I went into labor that night and had her a day later.

With my last I walked up and down the stairs for an hour straight. Then went on a really long walk.

I went into labor the next day, but was totally exhausted

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page