Plus-Sized and Pregnant Tribe!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 257 Old 09-06-2007, 09:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Ladies. I am 34 weeks with our third and I was 210 pre-preg. I have no idea what I am now...no weighing in for me.

I have the two bellies and it is starting to bug me, I know it shouldn't but things have moved down so low...

Oh well, nothing I can about it now.

Dhjammin.gif, Me knit.gif, DD 10 REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, DD 7 cat.gif, DD 4 joy.gif

We reading.gif, homeschool.gif, cold.gif, eat.gif, sleepytime.gif not in that order

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 257 Old 09-06-2007, 10:00 PM

Thank you! My husband is really excited..

Congrats to everyone too..

Quote:
I have the two bellies and it is starting to bug me, I know it shouldn't but things have moved down so low...
I had 2 bellies with my last one...don't feel bad about that..it's okay.
#63 of 257 Old 09-07-2007, 12:40 AM

Hi ladies! I think it is my tribe, too I'm 29 and this is our first child. I was 230 when I got pregnant and now at 22 weeks I weight 235. I feel really great.

I have an awesome OB/GYN who is in a great practice with three other really patient-focused docs. I have not once experienced any fat bias or size-ism from any of them. In fact, I've been the one who is most concerned about my pre-pregnancy weight and my OB keeps telling me that a) I'm fine and my weight is not an issue for her from a medical POV or any other and b) I'm making a nice healthy baby so to cut myself some slack. I'm glad to see that most of y'all are having positive pregnancies.

As for the whole belly thing...well I've been showing since about 20 weeks, but underneath all the clothes still exists Mama Two Bellies (as my DH affectionately calls me).

Mommy to DS (12/28/07) and pregnant with Baby Too (scheduled c/s 1/27/11). Wife to amazing hubby, A (since 2007)
#64 of 257 Old 09-07-2007, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter

look at all our new folks!

Welcome Princess and Congrats on your little one on the way!

Hello Brendon! I hear the 2 bellies thing is common amongst us (I've not yet experienced it), but you're amid good company!

Howdy ovafertilberg! So great to see you've got good docs! It's a refreshing thing, isn't it!

Well Mrr Toona and I just noticed yesterday that I have finally the ever so slightest protruding o'uterus from my "spare-tire" hip area. My pants are finally starting to get tight (I see buttons impressed on my gut! hee hee!). Fun fun! He thinks in a month I'll be showing (officially).

signature currently in transition
#65 of 257 Old 09-19-2007, 01:59 PM

Sorry I disappeared but I went and had a baby! We are doing great. She is 13 days old today and my hubby went back to work. She is really sweet and calm and she is a GIRL. I can't believe it. Here is a link to her birth story. I hope you all are doing well.
Wendi

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...81#post9216781
#66 of 257 Old 09-19-2007, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lactivist View Post
Sorry I disappeared but I went and had a baby! We are doing great. She is 13 days old today and my hubby went back to work. She is really sweet and calm and she is a GIRL. I can't believe it. Here is a link to her birth story. I hope you all are doing well.
Wendi

Congrats Mama!!!!

Have an amazing Babymoon!!!!

natural birthin', baby catchin', cloth addicted, intactalactavist mama of 12/00, 6/03, 10/07, 8/10 & our angelcubs three
#67 of 257 Old 09-19-2007, 03:13 PM

Hi I'm Serenity. I'm 25, 5'2" and weigh 301. I'm around 4-6 weeks pregnant. This is my fourth child (seventh pregnancy though) and in my last two full term pregnancies I lost weight. My midwife was fine with it. Sometimes I wondered how I lost because i ate all the time. I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

Serenity LDS mommy to 4 rambunctious kidlets
#68 of 257 Old 09-19-2007, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lactivist View Post
Wendi

Owwooo! Happy birthday sweet little girl! Hope you're doin' great too Wendi!!

#69 of 257 Old 09-19-2007, 04:34 PM

Yay! Congrats Wendi!
#70 of 257 Old 09-19-2007, 05:23 PM

I think that I "fit" here! I am 5'9" and 254lbs. I started 5 weeks ago eating really good and exercising but did not get on the scale until a week ago and I am already down 3 pounds! I am not doing anything that would be unsafe while pg, so I am going to continue. My friend started out on baby #3 at 250lbs and after she had him she was 175lbs! She is my hero! I just really wanted to get rid of my baby weight but the babies just keep comming!
#71 of 257 Old 09-19-2007, 05:31 PM

hi all amyjean here-i'm 5'9" and 269lbs 34 yrs old. the heaviest I have been with my pregs was 282, my last one. I am 12 weeks and look 8 months!
I am having my 3rd UC in April, (4th baby, 7th pregnancy). I still can't believe I am pregnant again.
What a ride!

Mama to 5 babies. UCer, too!
#72 of 257 Old 09-19-2007, 06:13 PM

Hi! I belieng here too, although for some reason, pregnancy is the only time in my life is can LOSE weight easily, LOL!
I started at 210 and am now hanging out around 195 at 25 weeks.

CPST
#73 of 257 Old 09-19-2007, 07:23 PM

I made myself maternity pants out of some stuff I had at home. I *just* learned how to sew and think that it would be easy for anyone to do this!

I am linking my blog entry on it and if anyone does this too please post here!

Opinionated Mama to dd 2/23/03, ds 3/20/05 hbac, dd 1/23/08 2hbac, and baby #4 due in June 2010!
#74 of 257 Old 09-19-2007, 09:53 PM

My pal and I just started getting serious about sewing and want to do some maternity pants for me. That scares me just a bit! Baby clothes are easier

Almost a b-ball team: : Taylor -14, Alex -11, Jack -8, Lachlan born at home 11/15/07
"Well behaved women rarely make history"
#75 of 257 Old 09-19-2007, 10:00 PM

I am 30-31 weeks and still have a fairly distinctive difference in the upper and lower belly area. While they've started to combine recently, the upper was really high and protruding while the lower belly got really low and saggy and just hangs there. This really bugs me :

Almost a b-ball team: : Taylor -14, Alex -11, Jack -8, Lachlan born at home 11/15/07
#76 of 257 Old 09-20-2007, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaRae View Post
I am 30-31 weeks and still have a fairly distinctive difference in the upper and lower belly area. While they've started to combine recently, the upper was really high and protruding while the lower belly got really low and saggy and just hangs there. This really bugs me :
You are not alone, and I'm glad I'm not the only one either, cause I'm starting to have some issues about the whole thing.

Genetically, the women in my family all have small waists, regardless of size. Normally, this is great for me. However, I keep my waist for the first 35 or so weeks of pregnancy, the upper portion of my belly pooches out due to the shift of organs in my lower half. If you looked at my profile it's like a capitol B, only the top half of the B is getting bigger.

It wouldn't be so depressing except that everyone is so concentrated on weight, losing it, not gaining, losing after the baby is born, etc. I'm just trying to eat healthy and wishing my belly would round out and look pregnant.
Can we maybe have a no-diet / weight loss talk week on the plus sized thread? Cause I generally love my body, but seem to be feeling the pressure to be weight obsessed when reading this thread (and others).
#77 of 257 Old 09-20-2007, 01:38 PM

I have a big B tummy as well It's so annoying with all the cutie patooty bellies out there.

But as far as your request about no dieting talks, I am all for that. I am trying to eat MORE at this point and not doing so well. My homebirth might be challenged if I cannot straighten this whole thing out.

So I am all for enjoying the way we are, delighting in the good things and trying to eat healthy and well. I don't really care about my weight afterwards at this point, if I can just be healthy now!

#78 of 257 Old 09-27-2007, 02:11 PM

Have any other plus sized mommas had a problem with the hospital? They are sending me to a anesthesiologist today to see if there is a risk of a tube not being able to be put down my throat in case of a C section. I have reached 309 lbs. from a prepregnancy weight of 284. I went to my new doctor at the Naval Hospital(we just moved to NC from MO) and he freaked out about my weight. Now he says that if for some strange reason we should have to do an emergency cesarian, I might be to big for a breathing tube to be inserted. I think that this is unnecessary, but the doctor has my DH absolutely terrified!!! Have you heard of this???

**Jessica:Mommy to Laynie Claire 10/22/2007 and Ryan Wesson 8/14/2009: Loving my Marine Colt**
#79 of 257 Old 09-27-2007, 02:15 PM

I think that is SUCH a crock of ...

My uncle had several heart attacks and a few heart surgeries. He was quite large. I am sure they can tube you as needed! Good grief.

Are you having a c/s or are they just assuming you will because of your size?

#80 of 257 Old 09-27-2007, 02:17 PM
DBZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlmack45 View Post
Have any other plus sized mommas had a problem with the hospital? They are sending me to a anesthesiologist today to see if there is a risk of a tube not being able to be put down my throat in case of a C section. I have reached 309 lbs. from a prepregnancy weight of 284. I went to my new doctor at the Naval Hospital(we just moved to NC from MO) and he freaked out about my weight. Now he says that if for some strange reason we should have to do an emergency cesarian, I might be to big for a breathing tube to be inserted. I think that this is unnecessary, but the doctor has my DH absolutely terrified!!! Have you heard of this???

I suppose becuase it's military, you can't see someone else? It's not too late in your pregnancy to do so. Your Dr is an (u/a violation). I would so want to tell him where to go! I hope you have a doula for your labor. You're gonna need one.

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

#81 of 257 Old 09-27-2007, 02:20 PM
DBZ

Jessica, I wanted to add that my last OB was constantly making me feel bad about my weight. They talked c/s at every visit and mentioned my weight gain each time too. If there was anything to that tube thing then I would have heard it. I was about the same weight then.

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

#82 of 257 Old 09-27-2007, 11:27 PM

I wieghed about the same, maybe 315 just before giving birth during my last pregnancy. No one ever mentioned anything of the sort. Not the doctors, nurses, anesthesiologist or anyone else for that matter. It's absurd as far as I can tell unless you have some sort of compromised trachea.... don't let them frighten you...
#83 of 257 Old 09-28-2007, 10:42 AM

So happy to see this thread! I am 28, 5'5" and weighed ~235 pre-pregnancy. I'm up to ~240 @ ~16w. My m/w has never mentioned my weight (she's quite the curvy gal, herself), but research online has made me paranoid about my weight. I've had body-image issues my whole life, and was truthfully a little scared to bring the issue up with m/w (my own baggage, not anything to do with her). It's so nice to know how may big, beautiful mamas there are out there with healthy birth stories!

treehugger.gif geek.gif Mama to Lauren Philippa Elethea (3) energy.gifand expecting a little Jay bird March 2012! 3rdtri.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28*babygirl.gif*32***36***40**

#84 of 257 Old 09-28-2007, 11:47 AM

I personally am having some problems - and everyone likes to blame my weight - but I had these types of problems in pregnancy when I was at a normal weight and younger. So that's just me!

Of course, my mother sites the one big chick she knows that had pre-e and premature babies. Nothing about the fact that plenty of "normal" sized women have the same issues.

So don't worry about the weight! Any issues that come up are mostly going to even if you're much thinner. I would just try and do your best so the primary caregiver doesn't give you problems and do not accept an induction or c-section just because you're overweight!

#85 of 257 Old 09-28-2007, 02:50 PM

I went to the stupid appointment and they confirmed what I already thought. I have a beautiful airway!! The anesthesiologist said that it was only a worry if I had "no neck" because of fat around my throat. Most of my weight is in my tummy and thighs. I do not plan a c/s the doctor said it was just in case I needed one. I have had a normal and very easy pregnency. I haven't even had to buy new clothes, I just don't wear my jeans anymore. No problems and no worries as of yet. I think my doctor was just a worrier. On another note, I am kind of a dork. I started leaking today and was excited about it. Keep in mind that this is my first pregnancy!!! I have 31 days left until my EDD and I am starting to really get excited.

**Jessica:Mommy to Laynie Claire 10/22/2007 and Ryan Wesson 8/14/2009: Loving my Marine Colt**
#86 of 257 Old 10-03-2007, 10:25 PM

bump (cause someone started a new thread concerned about weight)

treehugger.gif geek.gif Mama to Lauren Philippa Elethea (3) energy.gifand expecting a little Jay bird March 2012! 3rdtri.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28*babygirl.gif*32***36***40**

#87 of 257 Old 10-04-2007, 07:32 AM

23, on my second, and going at about 280 and 5'4 right now. Not a good weight...but I've honestly felt fine with both pregnancies. Anyway, just wanted to drop into the group and say hello and introduce myself...may post more later...but I tend to lurk a bit.
#88 of 257 Old 10-04-2007, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

OutOfMyMindyo!! Glad to see a new person on board!

Hey all, I'd like to take a general poll. I notice the other tribes on here have a list of folks, when they're due and other happy boppy things at the beginning of the list. Should we do that too? (Is that what the thread keeper does? because I can sure do that). Whaddya say? We can post SN, Age, Sort by due date, height weight... just kidding about that last part. Let me know what you think.

Oh, and my first CPM interview (I have at least one more, maybe two coming). Went very well. She's not a weight=bad person, and she in fact thought I'd be a great candidate for homebirth, even with my first. We joked that I come from good birthing stock (Paternal Gram had 7 kids, Maternal Gram had 8, my mom had 8), she figures I can sure hack it. I have a DEM interview next week, and maybe one more DEM interview. The CPM I met last week's record is about 300 births attended, 5 hospital Xfers, and only one of them being a c-section (the woman had a septum in her uterus allowing no room for the babe to emerge). Pretty nice record, if you ask me!

#89 of 257 Old 10-04-2007, 12:48 PM
cdc

Oh, and look, more misleading research to harass heavy women...the misinformation drives me crazy.

http://babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerd...-nd-obese.aspx
#90 of 257 Old 10-04-2007, 01:44 PM

Well, that article explains a lot about how I've been treated during this pregnancy....

At 18 weeks, I was diagnosed with borderline GD, but treated as if my blood sugars were off the charts, probably because of my weight. I was even told, flat out by an OB, that I could NOT gain anymore weight during this pregnancy. I followed their instructions and lost nearly 15 pounds during my second trimester. It really kind of scared me since I'd always heard it was bad to loose weight past your first trimester.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page