Pregnant with #1 in our 30s September - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 410 Old 09-15-2007, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
major groover, the nursing bra that expands to encompass 3 cup sizes is the Anita brand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 410 Old 09-15-2007, 07:26 PM

DH got me roses yesterday to commemorate officially making it to 30 weeks Isn't he the best!
#243 of 410 Old 09-15-2007, 08:40 PM

Ack, you guys. Sorry to leave you hanging! Thanks, Jenn, for updating the thread for me.

Maya Rose was born Friday Sept 7th at 10:13am via cesarean birth. She weighed 7lbs 2oz and was 20 inches long. Here's the birth story!

So Thursday afternoon (9/06) after my membrane sweep I was having very mild contractions that just felt like menstrual cramping. They picked up in intensity around 10:30pm. I tried to sleep but couldn't. I got Jon around 11:30 and he rubbed my back through them. I had some diarrhea, yay. Jon called our doula to give her a heads up. I decided to start timing them around 1am and they were at least 1 minute long, coming every 3-5 minutes. We called my midwife's practice and they told us to come to the hospital. I told Jon that I was pretty sure I'd be getting an epidural, I think because I was scared ... I knew the pain wouldn't be getting any better. In retrospect, I was doing fine handling the contractions, but my fear took over.

We got to the hospital close to 2am. The doula showed up and we got settled into a room. I was 4cm. I had to get hooked up to the fetal monitor, which sucked, because I think the added pressure from the belly band that held them in place made my pain a little worse. I was getting through the contractions alright, though I was still sure I wanted an epidural. My doula suggested waiting a bit, so I did. I labored mostly in bed while being monitored, and that made the pain worse. At one point I went to the bathroom and lost what looked like 15 mucous plugs. Seriously, I couldn't believe the size of what came out of me. I was having trouble peeing, I just couldn't get much out.

My doula and Jon were so awesome. Although I usually wanted to smack my poor doula.... during contractions she'd quietly say "you're doing this for your baby, release the tension in your hands, let your belly do the work" and I just wanted to tell her to shut up. But when she breathed and moaned with me, it really did help to have that to focus on.

I was still asking for medication, and I almost gave in to Stadol, but Jon reminded me that I really wanted to avoid that, so I agreed to wait until the OB from my practice got there before getting the epidural. The happy medicine man even showed up and I had to send him away.

I finally did get the epidural at 7cm, around 5am. My doula told me how great I was doing handling the contractions, but I just wanted to be done with it all. I knew it would be getting much worse before it got better and I felt like I wanted to enjoy the birth and not be so tense and worried about the pain.

Once the epidural kicked in I definitely felt better and relaxed in bed. I was still contracting on my own, but labor slowed down. I started to worry that things wouldn't end well. They started a pitocin drip to move things along. I made it to 9cm and was so happy that Maya would soon be here. Then I somehow went back to 8cm and got stuck there. Also, the monitor kept showing Maya's heart rate slowing down with contractions. They had me change positions and flip sides and that did help. They also had me breathe oxygen and that helped a bit too.

At one point, I could hear the monitor's alarm go off and all the nurses and stuff rushed in and had me flip to the other side, quickly. I got scared... I just wanted Maya safe. Her heart rate had dropped dramatically, but recovered a bit. I was back up at 9cm and the doctor decided that she wanted me to push. I heard the nurse say that she thought I could do it, and that gave me so much confidence. I really wanted to get her out vaginally.

Pushing is HARD. It's exhausting. I pushed through 3 or 4 contractions (I don't know how some of you ladies managed to push for hours!!!), and I was feeling quite a bit of pressure so I was trying to work with that and each time Maya's heart rate dropped. The doctor thought that the cord was probably in a weird spot and getting compressed by the contractions and the pushing. She wanted to do a c-section.

I was really disappointed. My doula was so great, though. She also had a labor where she got an epi and ended up with a section, and she was so calming. I think I might've freaked out without her there. Jon got changed into scrubs and I was wheeled into the OR. I had been shaking for a little while -- I think that's a reaction to the epidural. So, I was still breathing like I was getting through contractions, trying to calm myself down. The experience of being in the OR was totally weird. My happy medicine man was there, though, and he was actually really calming. He upped the dosage so that I felt nothing (before I'd been feeling my legs a little). I was prepped, and Jon came in and they started. I talked to him through it to keep myself distracted. Lots of tugging and pressure, it felt so bizarre.

Finally, I felt a ton of pressure and pulling... and out she came. I could hear her little cries! Jon peeked over the curtain and was crying, telling me she's here. I saw her a little when they brought her to be suctioned and stuff. I was crying, asking if she was ok. She was. I was so happy... so happy. She was so beautiful and alert.

Jon went with her to the nursery to get her vitals done. She got a 9 for each Apgar. I got stiched up and wheeled back into my labor room. I rested, but I just couldn't wait to see Maya.

They brought her back in to me after about an hour. Jon and my doula and the lactation consultant were there too. She was so alert! And was rooting like CRAZY. She kept opening her little mouth and sticking out her tongue. I immediately wanted to feed her. The LC had stepped out for a second so I just stared at her while she was in my arms for a while. My doula was awesome. I can't believe how helpful she was thoughout the whole experience.

I tried to feed her after the LC came back. We hand expressed some colostrum and she seemed interested in that, but it turns out I have pretty flat nipples. Damn nips!! So I used a nipple shield, which worked like a charm.

We got settled in our postpartum room, made phone calls to our families, sent out texts, etc. The next few days are kind of a blur. Her first day and night were difficult. She was adjusting to life in our world, and we were trying to figure out what she needed. She cried a lot and was extremely fussy. Feeding wasn't always easy and she seemed to get frustrated a lot. She kept us up almost the entire first night, and then managed to conk out for 4 hours between 4 and 8am. The nurse told us we'd have to wake her up for a feeding, but there was no way in hell we were doing that.

The next day was great, and the rest of our time there was pretty good too. Maya seemed to pick up breastfeeding pretty well, though sometimes she still gets fussy when trying to latch. My milk came in Sunday afternoon. They were a little worried because she wasn't peeing, but after my milk came in that moved things along nicely. She started gaining weight back on Sunday I think.

We had Jon's parents visit Saturday and Sunday, but no other visitors. Recovering from the surgery has been really difficult for me. Jon has been absolutely amazing. I'm feeding her and sometimes holding her for a while after feedings, but he's doing everything else, and he's SO good at it! She responds to him in such an incredible way.

I just started today trying to wean her off the nipple shield and it's a "1 step forward, 2 steps back" kinda thing. I'm going to lay off the weaning overnight because I really want her to sleep well and not be frustrated and we'll try again tomorrow.

Here's a link to pictures!

http://www.flickr.com/gp/13489567@N00/ce6G22
#244 of 410 Old 09-15-2007, 09:21 PM

oh Becky - she's gorgeous! congrats and welcome to Maya. many healing vibes to you, I'm glad you are all ok.
#245 of 410 Old 09-15-2007, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace24 View Post
DH got me roses yesterday to commemorate officially making it to 30 weeks Isn't he the best!
Gold Star DH! That's wonderful
#246 of 410 Old 09-15-2007, 09:22 PM

Becky thanks for the update! I was starting to worry about you! Love the pics, espcially the ones of you nursing and Maya hanging w/ DH at home. What a head of hair! She's beautiful. Sorry to hear that the whole birthing experience wasn't what you expected and your recovery has been difficult. It's great that your DH has been so helpful and great with the baby. I'm a little worried that I have flat nipples but I've heard nipple shields can make a huge difference too - glad those are working for you. I agree there's no rush to wean her off the shields if they're working! Rest well and recover, mama. It's great to hear from you!

Dee, mommy to Miss M 11/07 and little Miss I 5/10/10!
#247 of 410 Old 09-15-2007, 09:26 PM

Sarah I've dealt with the "my baby" issue with my MIL and there's no language barrier. : I know it sounds hard since she lives with you, but it's best to clear up any misunderstandings early so there are no grudges or panics in the end. Would it be possible for your mom to come to the birth? Do you even want your MIL at the birth?

Julia what an awesome hubby - how sweet!

Dee, mommy to Miss M 11/07 and little Miss I 5/10/10!
#248 of 410 Old 09-16-2007, 12:09 AM

Becky... : Welcome Maya! :

She's gorgeous! for healing vibes. Hope you start feeling better! Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl.
#249 of 410 Old 09-16-2007, 01:29 AM

i am feeling really accomplished for once. i filled out a daycare application (i am working away on that) and i wrote in DD's baby book!! GO ME!

friday and thursday i was taking care of dd full-time (dh was on a biz trip) and i got no housekeeping done. he come home and was like, !?!?!? i was like, heck, the baby is alive, ok? she has been suffering from painful gas (which i think is distinct from the reflux). i have tried massage to help her and so far it isn't working.

so we (dh) is having an issue with fil. from his perspective, fil ignores him, never initiates contact, etc. i suspect fil thinks that dh does not honor him as a father -- he rarely initiates contact either. so fil up and moved to europe without so much as a forwarding address. today we visited with dh's 2nd cousin and fil had given her all of his family photos and artwork and is hosting her in europe and they are going road tripping together to trace family roots, etc. dh is totally weirded out and jealous of his 2nd cousin -- not mad at her for betraying him (she knows the whole history there) but mad at his dad. i feel like his dad wants to be doted and and dh doesn't give him that and this 2nd cousin does. i know how dh could elicit a similar response, which he sort of wants, but he doesn't want to give his father the strokes he would need to... so i am sort of silently standing by...

meanwhile, my mom is ignoring my registry and buying what she wants to buy -- the same madame alexander dolls her mother bought me! -- and her sister is insisting on buying fancy dresses (again, not on the registry). at least she asked us what size to get them in. <roll eyes>
#250 of 410 Old 09-16-2007, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorGroover View Post
Maybe we're being naive but we both like the idea of birth being about the two (er, three) of us and not about the hospital or breathing techniques or anything else external. Kinda like when we got married. DH is very good at calming me down, thinking on his feet and managing crisis situations so I trust that he'll be a great partner through this experience. I may even skip the doula, since I don't have one yet anyway! I sound overconfident but I vacillate between confidence and panic a million times an hour. I'm starting to get moody and it's hard to handle all these feelings at once!
Hi all, I only have a quick minute this morning, and just wanted to clarify our situation. We are taking the Bradley Method classes which is husband-coached childbirth basically. But if you weren't feeling a month of classes, you definitely wouldn't be feeling the length of Bradley classes....but point is, there is a book and maybe you guys could check it out of the library. I haven't read enough yet to tell you what, if anything, it adds to The Birth Partner. I read The Birth Partner but haven't read much of the Bradley book and might not until we go through the classes (we start next week). The Bradley book recommended by my instructor is, Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way. We are birthing at home so this seemed like the best choice for us if we were going to take any classes at all.

Also, you may want to reconsider the doula. From what I understand one of their main benefits if you are birthing at the hospital (I think you are, it is so hard to keep track of who is doing what) is that they can pass on other opinions when different interventions come up. They have no power/pull with staff usually, but they can quietly remind you and your husband of your plans/desires, facts, etc. They can remind you to try different positions, etc. Then one of the other main benefits regardless of where you birth, is when hubby needs a break for a few minutes (bathroom, food, air, arms are falling off from being the only one pressing on your back ), there is still someone there with you, supporting you. But if you can't find a doula that you like then that probably wouldn't feel like a benefit. So really this is just food for thought.

We aren't having a doula but that is because our midwife and her assistant will be there. Although I have a friend attending who is pretty close to a doula, she didn't officially train but she has been to many births and has worked with some midwives in Mexico.

Anyway, I just felt like I should clarify our situation some as an addition to my reasoning for why we decided on classes...I thought the extra info may be more helpful. Now I must run, the weekend is the only time I can do stuff around the house. I'm still too pooped in the evenings to be much good and my nesting instinct is being frustrated by being too tired to do anything about it....away I go to nest!

PS - Dee, it just occurred to me that starting your quote with your line of "Maybe we're being naive" could be misconstrued to mean that maybe I think you are...just want to clarify I don't think that for a minute. You and your husband will do what feels best for you and only you guys can know what that is. I started my quote there because that was the sentence I read when I realized that I've probably never mentioned that I'm birthing at home and that I didn't say which class we were taking and that my previous post would have been much better if it included both of those facts...would have been a more complete picture.

Mama to 3 year old DS and awaiting #2 in June
#251 of 410 Old 09-16-2007, 10:41 AM

Becky she's beautiful : what a head of hair! Thanks for sharing the pics and story, I hope your recovery and nursing get easier for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorGroover View Post
Would it be possible for your mom to come to the birth? Do you even want your MIL at the birth?
My mom lives in another province so the plan is to call her as soon as I suspect labor and she'll be on a plane, hopefully get here in time for the birth. At least she'll be able to stay for a week or so after because if I have to get my t&a out in front of anyone besides dh I'd rather it be my own mother, not his. I know his will be helpful but honestly she'll be more wanting to take care of the baby not me, my own mom will get me out of bed and get me eating good foods and not just say 'you stay in bed, I'll take the baby'. I don't want my MIL at the birth but I don't know how dh will feel about that.
#252 of 410 Old 09-16-2007, 01:47 PM

Thanks for the Maya love, ladies!

Welcome to the newbs! Michelle and rain, I'm so happy for you guys!

I wanted to second Emily's picks for essential newborn must haves. Our burrito baby is much happier than our flailing-legs-and-arms baby. I have a Boppy and love it, too. Also, sheet savers. We had three and my husband went out and got more a few days ago. Use them on the changing table, crib/co-sleeper/bed, etc. They're awesome.

Also, some tips for those of you delivering in a hospital:

- wait as long as you can before going to the hospital. I went in at the recommended time -- contrax were 1 minute long, 3-5 mins apart for an hour and I was 4cm dilated. As soon as I got to the hospital I played by their rules (including being hooked up to a monitor the whole time, it sucked). Unless you have a history of very fast labors, you have PLENTY of time to hang out at home and do things YOUR way.
- don't let them hook you up to a monitor the whole time unless there is a medical indication. Having that tight band around my belly the whole time, plus being confined to bed, made my contrax much worse. I KNEW this wasn't right, but I was too scared at the time to demand they unhook me. My doula was helpful and I was able to labor in the tub a while, but as soon as I got out, I was back in bed on the monitor.

If I had labored at home a few more hours, and refused to be hooked to a monitor the whole time, I think my labor may have gone a bit better.
#253 of 410 Old 09-16-2007, 02:29 PM

Pie, you just seem so much happier since baby came along and you got away from that horrible job! I hope your next work situation allows you to stay happy like this! I'm sorry DH is having trouble with family. Argh. They're so frustrating. His dad sounds quite manipuloative (duh) and I always find it's best just not to play into it, even if that means there's less contact, or even none.

Sarah, sounds like a tricky situation, but you deserve to have whomever makes you comfortable at the birth, so don't be afraid to ask for it. One of the most interesting things about this thread, for me, has been seeing that all of us, in our first pregnancies, have to find our voice with our families in a new way. And I have to say we've all done a pretty good job! So say what you need, as respectfully as you can, and don't feel guilty! I'm semi-jealous your mom's willing to get on a plane as soon as you go into labor... when I first got pregnant I suggested that to my mom and she started complaining about last-minute airfare, and I realized... it's better for me to hire a doula than to set myself up for disappointment with her again. So if I were you, and I had a mom who was willing to do that, I'd want her there too.

Kripa it's so nice to hear from you more often!

Dee, I'm also taking Bradley... the nice thing about the classes is the accountability for making us practice the exercises. I second the Bradley book... it's not the one written by Bradley but it's by McCutcheon, "Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way". It's really good, and could be all you need, if you guys do the work in the book. I would also suggest you re-visit the doula issue... if you can find one... our teacher showed us a video of different women in labor just so we could get an idea of what the contractions look like and how each person finds their own way of "making noise" and getting through them... and I was amazed by how helpful the doula was in every scene, even though the husband was there too. But as Kripa said, you have to do what feels right for you... I'd just be afraid to go to a hospital without a doula. I tend to lose my voice around doctors. But that's just me.
#254 of 410 Old 09-16-2007, 03:29 PM

Congratulations Becky and welcome little Maya!!! She's beautiful!!! Becky, let me know how the nipple shield stuff is coming along. This little one is the same way and we're over a week into it... I can often get her latched on to the 2nd breast without it, but she won't get it to work on the first. And even the 2nd is hit or miss and depends on how sleepy or frustrated she is. I'm thinking of bringing in a private lactation consultant. Apparently I have flat nipples (not all the time, but I swear they flatten the 2nd she starts trying to suck!) and she has had a hard time latching from the beginning. I think since she's early and we missed those first several hours together.

Pie - what did your mastitis feel like??? I'm having redness (pink more than red), not shiny skin on the lower half of my right breast that is very tender and painful. I can feel a small lump in there, but not the "lemon" I've heard for plugged ducts. OB called in a prescrip for mastitis for me, but I don't feel sick at all and I don't want to take antibiotics if it's actually a yeast infection or something non-bacterial. Ugh - I'm at a loss. The breastfeeding forum got basically no replies, and I'm desperate!!!

Ella-roo is doing beautifully. Not sure if I posted that she passed her birth weight on Friday (10 days old) so she's ahead of the curve, which is more than I think they expected for her since she's early. Her little cheeks are finally getting chubby, but she still needs some baby fat rolls!
#255 of 410 Old 09-16-2007, 03:49 PM

$0.02 on doulas... I didn’t think we would need one – an intimate birth center birth with mw, assistant, and dh sounded great. Our only childbirth class was led by a homebirth mw and her assistants, and I was surprised to hear them strongly recommend doulas in pretty much all situations. Their reasoning: when it comes right down to it, their job is mainly focused on the exit arena. Yes, they are nurturing and hands off and all that, but there’s a lot going on and it is nice to have someone there whose only job is to cater to you and your partner. You can tell her to just give you space if you want – ours took tons of photos and video for us and I barely noticed it, but she was also there when I needed help. The ‘what if’ factor won me over. What if something happened not according to plan? Well it turns out with 2 threatened hospital transfers, having a doula was a huge relief. I’m pretty sure she also saved me from the first transfer. My mw had simply never seen someone push for 5 hours, stall, and then be able to deliver without ‘help,’ so I think it was pretty set in her mind that I wouldn’t be able to do it. The doula noticed how my breathing changed and convinced the mw to give me the one last chance I needed. Other benefits: laboring at home, post-partum support, all wonderful if you can swing it.

elizabeth - I don't think a plugged duct has to be huge. can you use a pump in addition to nursing to see if that helps? maybe you can 'nip' it (before it turns into mastitis - I hope so!!
#256 of 410 Old 09-16-2007, 06:04 PM

Okay, just had a shower and trying to post pictures really quickly before Benjamin wakes up! Hope this works :

With Grandma at the hospital on his birthday
Do all hospitals have those same newborn blankets?
Okay, fess up - how many of you stole some? We managed to snag 3 (the hospital REALLY didn't want us taking them and limited our blanket supply).

With Daddy at Home
Note the extremely sad pitbull in the background - he USED to be the baby

In the bouncy seat sleeping
Very un-MDC, I know. However, as parents DH and I NEED to be able to put the baby down sometimes.

Closeup of face
Well, at least a close up of his head

First bath - very tramatic
Oh! and for everyone who was aware of the whole to circ or not to circ debate that DH and I were having, you will be happy to know that the little man is intact. Wasn't even an issue. Nobody offered to circumcise him and DH never mentioned it

With Momma, 7 days old
We were trying to get a picture of him in his onsie that says "Instructions not Included", but baby arms are very uncooperative!

Okay - lets see if it works

ETA: Works for me! Hopefully it isn't just because it's MY snapfish account.
#257 of 410 Old 09-16-2007, 06:06 PM

Elizabeth, it's been slow going trying to wean Maya off the shield. I got her to latch and feed on lefty this morning, but haven't gotten her to latch any other time today. I tried getting her to latch with the shield on righty and then taking it off, and that worked, but otherwise she's refused to eat without it the rest of the day. It's frustrating. I think the shield encourages a bad latch -- she can eat fine with a bad latch on the shield, but not without it. I have a visiting nurse who's not an LC but is knowledgable and has 6 breastfed kids, and she's coming next week so we'll see what kind of feedback she has. Otherwise I can contact the LC from the hospital, who is wonderful. Let me know how it goes with your little one!

ETA: Emily, LOVE the pictures! You look FANTASTIC! And Benjamin is a doll!
#258 of 410 Old 09-16-2007, 06:55 PM

elizabeth, it started out exactly like you are describing but within 12 hours i was feeling crappy -- elevated temp but not technically a fever (i run low) but feeling VERY WEAK (like my legs would fold under me).
#259 of 410 Old 09-16-2007, 07:45 PM

Woo hoo! Baby pictures! Thank you so much! Maya and Benjamin are gorgeous! (Their mamas are too. I love the pic of Benjamin with mama!)

Becky, thank you for sharing the birth story with us. Thinking of you as you continue to recover. LOVE her hair.

Elizabeth, great to hear Ella is doing well!

Laura: good luck tomorrow. Remember that it is NEVER too late to cancel an appointment and it is fine to be pushy and bring your own food (you can hide it if necessary, right?) I remember the trouble you had finding a doctor and can imagine how vulnerable you must feel. I think talking to your doctor and nailing down exactly what the risks are for your situation is a great idea. Please trust your instincts, don't agree to what doesn't feel right, and let us know how it goes. Thinking of you! If the induction goes forward, I hope it goes smoothly and easily and you're holding your baby this time tomorrow!

Dee, I think it sounds like you and your DH are on the same page and that you have a lot of confidence in his ability to support you. That's great! In your shoes I would probably also skip the class. (My DP WANTED the class; he had to pressure me into it.) We felt a lot like you did about the doula (about how cool for it to be just the two/three of us, plus our midwives, etc) but then we changed our minds. (It was mostly him, but I'm glad.) I don't know that would be the right decision for you, but it could be very reassuring to have someone to call just in case, esp. since you'll be in the hospital and could hypothetically get a nurse not so into your wishes. Our doula is also going to take pictures, which is a relief because I kind of worried about DPs ability to do that WHILE attending to my every whim.

The other thing I got from the class was a list of people I could hypothetically have play dates with later or something. If you skip class, going to an LLL meeting or otherwise figuring out a way to meet a few moms beforehand is a great idea.

Julia, your DH is the sweetest.

Kripa, always excited to hear about other home birthers.

Pie, good on you for your accomplishments. (Wait, do I have to do a baby book? What goes into a baby book?) I'm personally not planning to do any housework for 2 months (another great thing about our class: trained the partners to expect mom to do NOTHING besides keep baby alive for weeks).
#260 of 410 Old 09-16-2007, 08:32 PM

Thanks Pie - I can't take the pain at this point, so started the abx. In other fun baby news, Ella scratched my cornea this morning when I was bfing her... Her little hand flew up and scratched right across my pupil, so we had a fun visit to urgent care... Ugh - I'm tired of hurting. It will be funny later, but today not so much.

Becky - I'm torn about the shield - I really feel like the hospital threw it at us before we got really good help. The LC with the hospital keeps telling me that we'll get her off of it in time, but every day seems like a missed opportunity to teach her how to eat right. We're also supplementing and she nurses, but it seems more like a comfort and she's relying on bottles for actual food. Triple feeding really does suck. We have an SNS, but it's SO hard to work...
#261 of 410 Old 09-17-2007, 01:40 AM

elizabeth, the antibiotics worked for me. sorry about the pain!

i am hating pumping less. i was using the wrong size cups! we got the right size, but got them mixed up! : warning: don't use cups that are too small!! not liking pumping, just hating it less.

had terrible fight with dh today (detailed in parents as partners) -- but we made up. ugh ugh ugh, though. i feel drained and i have a job interview tomorrow (another job).

we (well, i -- not like dh had anything to do with it!) have a beautiful baby book called A Baby Book for You, put out by the museum of fine arts in boston. i am partial to it. it is not queer-friendly but it would be great for an adoptive hetero family (unlike many baby books).
#262 of 410 Old 09-17-2007, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~minnow~ View Post
(another great thing about our class: trained the partners to expect mom to do NOTHING besides keep baby alive for weeks).
This is one of the benefits that I'm looking forward to also...it is always better when our partner can hear these things from someone other (or rather in addition to us) than us. I think it helps reinforce it.

Gearing up for a busy work day so must run...again. The weekend was very successful in doing "stuff". I couldn't tell you what stuff at the moment or even it is was the stuff I set out to do...but stuff was done! I will say I finally have an empty kitchen sink and it is beautiful.

#263 of 410 Old 09-17-2007, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganone View Post
In other fun baby news, Ella scratched my cornea this morning when I was bfing her... Her little hand flew up and scratched right across my pupil, so we had a fun visit to urgent care... Ugh - I'm tired of hurting. It will be funny later, but today not so much.
My eyes are watering just hearing this...you poor thing. I hope you heal quickly. I scratched my cornea while in college and still remember driving myself at night to an emergency place holding my hand over that eye. I still don't find any humor in that story, but my story doesn't include a cutie-pootie baby so I hope you find the humor. Until then

#264 of 410 Old 09-17-2007, 03:15 PM

Hey guys....leaving again.

Time for a TTC break and then some testing to figure out what the heck the deal is.

Hugs, and love, and happy, healthy pregnancies to all!

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
#265 of 410 Old 09-17-2007, 03:25 PM

oh michelle!! i am so sorry!!
#266 of 410 Old 09-17-2007, 03:29 PM

Michelle I am so so sorry, a million hugs I wish there was something I could say. Take good care of yourself.
#267 of 410 Old 09-17-2007, 03:31 PM

Oh Michelle. Ditto what Sarah said.
#268 of 410 Old 09-17-2007, 03:43 PM

Oh. Michelle. I am so so sorry. Hugs and healing to you.

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
#269 of 410 Old 09-17-2007, 03:45 PM

Hi,

Aidan was born on 15 Sept at 12:22 am.

I'm still recovering from a very long and difficult birth that ended up in the hospital. I'll write more later but for now just to let you know that we had a little boy. He was almost 4 kilos.

I just got back from the hospital and have to be on bed rest for a week at least from blood loss so I will be offline mostly.

Aidan is beautiful if I can give my very biased opinion. Once I'm up and about I will post some pics.

take care everyone and I'll catch up soon.
#270 of 410 Old 09-17-2007, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Oh no Michelle, that's horrible. : Thinking of you and sending s.

librarian mommy (34) to DD (2/08), expecting a BOY in early spring 2011

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page