Anyone had a Nabothian Cyst while pregnant before? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-11-2007, 01:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have one now and I am 38 1/2 wks EDD (39+ by my count). My OBGYN says it will not cause any problem, but I am not a trusting person. This is my 4th baby and I am barely dilated, which concerns me.

If any of you have had one in a PRIOR pregnancy, I am curious if it interfered with dilation. (Also, was it still there afterwards or did it burst?

TIA
#2 of 3 Old 09-11-2007, 02:15 AM

Hi- I am a midwife, and really nabothian cysts are no biggie and will not effect dilation. I have one, too. I am very familiar with them and cervixes in general, it never even crossed my mind as a worry that it would effect my labor. I am very analytical and paranoid about my own health issues, too, so its saying a lot that I did not consider it a thing to worry about before my own labor! I'd say the advice was right on, relax. And it does not make a diff how dilated you are in advance- you can be 4cm and stay preg for weeks, or be closed and have your baby that night. It does not predict length of labor well wither, so just relax and know the time is near! And I am not sure if its still there,I think its gone because now that you mention it I have not noticed it, and it was very prominent before birth.
#3 of 3 Old 09-11-2007, 02:26 AM - Thread Starter

Oh gosh, thank you! I have done so many searches and not found any mention of how they affect pregnancy. I guess I am anxious for lots of reasons, but I was way more dialted a lot earlier with the other babies, so this seemed a reasonable explaination. (to me)

I REALLY appreciate your taking the time to respond!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page