August Mama's...thread number 4 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-25-2003, 01:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
mamasoleil, do you feel like a yo-yo yet? I'd be going crazy with all the back and forth between all the different opinions you're getting. BUT it sounds like you've reached some kind of plan that everyone is comfortable with. YAY.

I love hearing everyone's nesting stories! Makes me feel a bit more normal. I keep swearing that I'm NOT nesting, but dh just laughs. I guess maybe I am...a little.

For those of you with insomnia, don't feel too bad. I'm able to sleep, but I wake up every 2 hours or so to pee! We're probably getting about the same amount of sleep!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2003, 02:49 PM

I cannot believe there are Aug mammas who have had their Babies already!!!!! Congrats to CM!!!!!
I honestly thought I might be one of the first, EDD 8/4.
Mamasoleil-my CNM had some concerns as well with my babys size, measured 32 at 32wks, 33 at 34 wks, and at 36wks, had an U/S and OB appt the next day (was completely freaked out, was fully expecting the OB to tell me the baby needed to be born due to small size). The guestimate on size was just under 5 lbs...
Am now 38wk5d, still am only measuring 34, but baby is SOOO LOW in my pelvis, CNM is now thinking baby ~might~ be 7 lbs by 40 wks (last baby was 9 lbs at 40 wks, the girls both 2 1/2 wks early were right about 7 lbs). I also haven't really gained any weight in the past 6 wks (like 6/10ths of a lb).
I think the baby is going to be smaller. DH and I are joking we should name the baby Wilbur, as in Charlottes Web. I have been having to work way more and longer this PG than any of the others, I still have one more week of work left...DH is unemployed and no sign of a job in sight. I think if I had the luxury of being at home and being able to conserve my energy,this baby would be bigger.
And if no one minds too much, to add to my kevtch list,
1) was tested for GBS, first time in 4 PGs, came back POS! I Am really PO'ed.I do not want antibiotics in labor, I do not want an IV!!!!!
2) was having REALLY strong contrax sunday night 6 min appart for 6 hrs, they stopped, but I thought for sure they were doing something, but then at my prenatal on Weds, CNM checked and NOTHING, my cervix is long thick closed and way posterior...
3)Found out this past week that the inheritance from my Grandmother was all taken up by bills,that the 25,000 dollars my aunt was estimating I'd inherit is nonexistent. I had really kind of been counting on that money to buy a minivan. Tried to get a loan for one and was basically laughed out of the bank. Was also planning on using that money for the copays for this birth (my crappy insurance only covers 80%, after a 1500 dollar deductable).
4) If DH doesn't get a job SOON, I will have to go back to work after only 5 weeks, as that is only how much paid time off I have accumilated between my sick time and banked vacation time.

Needless to say, I have not been a pleasant person at home, feel like sh*t cause I've been so nasty to the kids and DH, I have no energy to do anything but lay on the couch when I am home. No energy for baby preparations, no energy to get excited...

This is not how I wanted things to be.....
Old 07-25-2003, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, Traixa!!! I'm so sorry things are not going as 'planned'. That is stress you don't need at the moment!!! Just focus your energy, set out your intentions, and as Pavlina mentionned, don't use the terms I want or I wish...but rather, dh will have a job, so that I can stay home longer. I will be financially stress free, and my baby will be nice and healthy.
I will add you to my daily manifestations, okay???? And, I'm sending you much strength to make it thru these rough times.
I do feel like a yoyo, but have decided to let nature just take its course, and I do feel that the plans we've come up with are perfect, just a little off my original intentions...of course, in the end, I WILL have a homebirth!!!

Sharon, to you I send much sleep vibes, you need it to build up your energy!!!
I'm sweating away right now, just ran MAJOR errands, and now have an hour before my friends get here, so I'm going to lay down in front of a fan, and make it look like I'm nice and calm and cool when they get here!!! :LOL

Mamasoleil
Old 07-25-2003, 04:39 PM

Mamasoleil,
Glad to hear they determined baby boy was engaged through external. This means that my baby is likely engaged, too! Not that I didn't believe my midwives, LOL!: I just had several internal exams with dd at this point and have yet to have one from midwives this pg, which I am so happy about! It is nice to know they can tell so much from external palps. I hope you are off your feet and taking a breath before your company arrives! Enjoy them and your weekend!

Traixa2,
I am so sorry for your stress. Try to focus on the here and now, not the possibility that you may have to return to work soon after your little one is born. That is just terrible about your inheritance; I bet you wish they had never told you about it in the first place. I am sure your Gma wanted that for you, not for bills...
What are they planning to do about your GBS results? Do you have any say or do you have to go by their policy?

I actually slept through the night last night! Well, not really, I still got up to pee. But, at least I skipped the wide awake from 2-4am business that I had been dealing with. Yippee!

Hope everyone has a calm day...
Old 07-25-2003, 04:57 PM

Colorfulmama, Roman is such a cutie. And what an entrance into the world!!! I loved reading your birth story- thanks for that
Old 07-26-2003, 02:34 PM

we're slacking, ladies...I had to go to the second page of threads to find this one! That hasn't happened in awhile!

Traixa, hang in there and keep believing that things will work out. I had a bit of a panic attack in the spring. My dh is employed, but it's only commission and there are times when he goes months without a paycheck. We were considering buying a house and it just wasnt' looking like it was possible. There were just SO many things that seemed to be going against what I wanted. I had a long talk with a friend one day (in tears, of course!) and she just kept telling me that there are always options and to not give up. Something about that conversation made me feel a lot better and I must say, that right now, I feel like everything has fallen neatly into place...some things better than I imagined. There is something to say for letting go and trusting life and those around you. (I know, easier said than done!) Hugs to you!
Old 07-26-2003, 03:21 PM

I had a dizzy spell this morning, kind of weird but I think it was a caffeine reaction. I never drink soft drinks, etc. but I have been really naughty these past couple of months about drinking a cup of coffee in the morning: . I think the baby and my body were telling me NOOO!! this morning. Anyone else been indulgent like that? I never had a drop of caffeing with my daughter, but I am a bit more lax this time.

I guess we are all quietly turning into ourselves these last few weeks. It is certainly a time for deep thoughts! Hope everyone is feeling well! Let's hang in there!
Old 07-26-2003, 05:18 PM

Wooby,
I have been like that past few months! I never realy drunk coffee before but for some reason during the pregnancy I have been carving it time to time. And I could also tell my baby did NOT like it! I don't like how I feel afterwards - kind of dizzy - the mixure of coffein and sugar kills my day :
Anyway, I just past 36 weeks here and I am seeing lots of changes...on my mind and my body. I am much more turning into myself - being pretty unpleasent to my DH sometimes and feeling the need being on my own and nest. I think I stater to feel my cervix to open today!! Nothing intensive but I really think it was it. Last night my baby dropped a lot lower in my pelvis and I am just dead tired. Yesterday I had that blast of energy suddenly and today I am dead tired. It is very interesting to watch my body changing like that....for many of you it's nothing new, but for me it's the first time.
HOpe everyone is doing well!! Thinking of you,
Pavlina
Old 07-27-2003, 01:59 AM

User Tag List