My baby came fast! Holy cow! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-18-2007, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
After waiting what seemed like an eternity to go into "real" labor I finally got my baby!!! YAY!

I was overdue about 2 weeks and was having all the signs of an impending birth, and tons and tons of prelabor contractions, but no baby yet. I had mucus for weeks little bits at a time. Then 3 days before had some sorta light browish tinged mucus.

I had really strong contractions at night sometimes 3 nights in a row for a good few weeks before.

His head was really really low for a long time, and anytime I'd go walking a lot he would squirm around and "juice my cervix" as DH liked to put it, LOL

On Sat I went with family to the Apple Orchard where I walked a TON, even up and down some really good hills.

Nothing happened on Sun except his head was so low that when I tried to go with hubby to the hardware store I could barely make it down two aisles before I said I needed to go home, LOL. Took a nap and stayed up way too late that night, filled a couple orders, and just goofin around not doing much.

On Mon morning woke up early to pee at about 5:30 went back to bed but didn't really fall back asleep all the way, then had 2 or 3 sorta light crampy back contractions, nothing that felt like anything much. Went to go pee again at about 6:30 and found some nice bright pink bloody show. Yay!

Got up and replied to a few emails, felt hungry, but a little too contractiony to eat. Then I had to run to the bathroom. Then the contractions got real, and strong. I hadn't woke DH up till then cuz I thought he'd need his sleep for th big event. In retrospect should have woke him up so he could help set up for the birth before I was needing his support so badly. But I had no idea that it would come on that quick and hard and FAST!! Yikes!

Woke DH up at 7:30 and he ran around to try to set stuff up while I was dying with these super hard intense contrations that I was shaking through a few of. Then he finally got enough done to help me.

My mom was around so she took my 4 yr old out to play, and baby started pushing his way out at about 11:10 or so.

He was born at 11:20 and weighed 8.7 lbs 21 in.

His daddy caught him and was so totally amazed and happy he cried a couple times. Awwwwwwww!!!

When baby's head was coming out I could hear him saying "His head is coming out, Oh my God!" There's his forehead, and his eyebrows....pause....there's his eyes.....pause....and his nose.....And THERE's HIS MOUTH!"

"WOW, there really was a baby in there!"

He said I was laughing during pushing, which I don't really remember. But, I do remember saying that it felt good to push a lot, hehe.

His hands were stuck up near his face, so DH had to pull those out gently, then the shoulders slipped out one at a time. He said that he reached in and grabbed one elbow and the first shoulder popped out then the other just fine.

He came out screaming bloody murder instantly, lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2007, 08:08 PM

Congratulations! What a great birth story! Happy baby moon, and welcome to your little one.

Growing babies, fruits, veges, and chickens on our little urban homestead in the frozen north
Old 09-18-2007, 08:19 PM

congratulations!

Karen, mother to a wonderful active three year old.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:12 PM

That sounds like a wonderful birth! I hope mine goes that well.

Emily Wife to Luke and Mama to: Violet 9-20-05 Fletcher 12-20-07 : and Owen 7-03-09
Old 09-18-2007, 10:49 PM
DBZ

Wow that is so awesome!! Thank you so much for posting and kiss that baby for me.

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

User Tag List