Forum Jump: 

#421 of 568 Old 12-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheBear View Post
To me it smells a bit almondy, a bit musky. Sweet, but with that almond extract bitterness, if that makes sense.

But I'm guessing that every woman's smells different, and it prolly smells different with each baby. Heck, it probably changes according to what you eat--I have heard that the flavor changes based on your diet, so it would make sense, IMO, that the smell would also!
Well, if thats true, its no wonder mine smelled like the ocean last time - All I ate for 2 whole months was fish and chips. For real. THat is sooooo funny to me right now!

This time all I eat is cake. I probably have chocolate-scented amniotic fluid.
#422 of 568 Old 12-04-2007, 04:54 PM

mmmmmm.....cake......

Sarah, Queen of Hearts, raising a Full House with Michael, King of my Heart!
DS (2/02), DD (3/04), DS (1/06), DD (12/07), and DS (3/10)
~~*~~Not your typical Pastor's Wife!~~*~~
#423 of 568 Old 12-04-2007, 05:05 PM

Mine has a sweet smell to it too. With the amount of oranges I've been eating lately mine may smell like an orange grove.

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#424 of 568 Old 12-04-2007, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter

Antifreeze smells andd tastes sweet.

Which is why dogs and kids die all the time drinking it.
#425 of 568 Old 12-04-2007, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
Why does this not surprise me? I guess I had one too many dominatrix teachers.

Did you hear about on the news awhile back some guy was trying to sue a dancer or something b/c he got squirted?

When my water broke, it had a distinct, but not strong smell. I wouldn't say cat pee...
I used to work in a strip bar for 9 years and guys always asked for lactating woman, my good friend was a DJ and would pump w/ her shirt off while DJing ( it was so funny to see some guys get soooooooo uncomfortable about it) and on the days she was drinking at work ( she had to pump and dump) she would sell "shots" in shot glass of breastmilk for 20 dollars and guys would line up!!!!!! Guys are suck freaks, I sold quite a bit of my thrush tanited breastmilk to perverted men on ebay!!!

Betsy, Mommy to DS (10) DD (4) DS (2) and DS (1)
#426 of 568 Old 12-04-2007, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomommy1122 View Post
I used to work in a strip bar for 9 years and guys always asked for lactating woman, my good friend was a DJ and would pump w/ her shirt off while DJing ( it was so funny to see some guys get soooooooo uncomfortable about it) and on the days she was drinking at work ( she had to pump and dump) she would sell "shots" in shot glass of breastmilk for 20 dollars and guys would line up!!!!!! Guys are suck freaks, I sold quite a bit of my thrush tanited breastmilk to perverted men on ebay!!!
:

hmmmm maybe I can quit my job after all!

Karen, mother to a wonderful active three year old.
#427 of 568 Old 12-04-2007, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Wow. Just wow. I thought I had heard everything. Clearly not. :

Lynn, single lesbian mama to All Mighty Iris 12/10/07
#428 of 568 Old 12-04-2007, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
#429 of 568 Old 12-04-2007, 10:57 PM

Quote:
I have already emailed dp and told him we may have just found our new get rich quick scheme

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!
#430 of 568 Old 12-04-2007, 11:39 PM

OMG that's so funny!! I saw one time on Craigstlist a guy looking for a lactating woman that would let him nurse from her, he was looking to pay BIG bucks too.

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#431 of 568 Old 12-05-2007, 12:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by expectantmami View Post
:

hmmmm maybe I can quit my job after all!
No joke! Now I know what to do when I need the $ !!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#432 of 568 Old 12-05-2007, 08:19 AM

I have an embarassing question that is appropriate for this thread.

Why is my, umm, butt, itching? Is it hemmoroids? What helps?

Christa
#433 of 568 Old 12-05-2007, 09:37 AM

Quote:
: Dude, $20 a shot?! I'd never have to worry about gas money again... heck, I might even be able to see a dentist after a few weeks of that... (Rynna, who produces gallons of milk with each new baby)

Rynna, Mama to Bean (8), Boobah (6), Bella (4) and Bear (2)
#434 of 568 Old 12-05-2007, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crsta33 View Post

Christa
mine itches for lots of reasons. Sometimes hemmoroids, sometimes, it's because I can't quite get everything when I wipe. :: Taking a shower helps.

Karen, mother to a wonderful active three year old.
#435 of 568 Old 12-05-2007, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Christa

could be yeast. try a probiotic.
#436 of 568 Old 12-05-2007, 10:57 AM

Quote:

Christa
Is it getting really cold where you live? Taking hot showers in cold weather causes my skin to get really dry, and in the shower the water hits your back/butt more than any other area....could be as simple as dry skin.
#437 of 568 Old 12-05-2007, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholewheatmama View Post
Wow. Just wow. I thought I had heard everything. Clearly not. :
up

word to that!!
Quote:

Christa
is it in your bum or your bumcheeks?

if it's hemorrhoids, witch hazel pads, flushable wipes, a peri bottle and some preparation H cream can help. try to avoid constipation and sitting on the toilet for extended periods of time. taking a rutin supplement along with vitamin c may also help.

trust me, i know ALL about it.
#438 of 568 Old 12-05-2007, 12:23 PM

I think it must be hemmoroids. It's the "functional" part of my bum and it somehow just doesn't feel "right" Kinda bumpy and lumpy. I tried witch hazel and that seems to help (as did a shower).

I've been using my kiddo's potty wipes b/c tp just wasn't working well enough.

Christa
#439 of 568 Old 12-05-2007, 12:40 PM

maybe its a reaction to the kids wipes. We had to stop using them cause my boys were getting rashes from them.

#440 of 568 Old 12-05-2007, 12:52 PM

Quote:
I think it must be hemmoroids. It's the "functional" part of my bum and it somehow just doesn't feel "right" Kinda bumpy and lumpy. I tried witch hazel and that seems to help (as did a shower).

Christa
lumpy bumhole? feels like it's turning inside out when you push? that, my dear, is a hemorrhoid.

TP is the enemy! the peri bottle feels great, too. i've been using cvs wipes, then a witch hazel pad, then an application of cream every time i have a bm. which is a LOT lately (click here if you dare! http://www.mothering.com/discussions...=1#post9920892).

laying down helps, too!
#441 of 568 Old 12-05-2007, 01:38 PM

Quote:

Christa
I would insert a VIt. E capsule...internally twice a day. And use some kind of vaseline or other lube before you go #2. Witch hazel compresses in between.

#442 of 568 Old 12-05-2007, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

I am so blessed I havent had problems with hem's in 4 pregnancys. Where is the freaking praying smiley? I have been trying to use her ALL DAY!
#443 of 568 Old 12-05-2007, 02:53 PM

I never got them with any pregnancy either. But right before I got pregnant this time I had a bout from hell. It was terrible and some how they went away on their own. Don't ask me how, but I'm so thankful they did!

#444 of 568 Old 12-05-2007, 06:11 PM

Whew...my stank has finally arrived. Dh and I had a noon time romp and I was so embarrased by the smell. WTH??? I just showered last night too. :Puke

#445 of 568 Old 12-05-2007, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintonhillmama View Post
lumpy bumhole? feels like it's turning inside out when you push? that, my dear, is a hemorrhoid.
I had wondered, but thought maybe it wasn't b/c it really isn't as bad as I've always heard they are. Doesn't hurt, it's that obtrusive, and only just started itching. It's not surprising though...I think I had them with the other 2 pgs and I'm so chronically constipated anway.

At least now I know.

Christa
#446 of 568 Old 12-08-2007, 12:10 PM

is no one stinky anymore? have we discussed every TMI subject?

this thread was on page 4.

maybe lack of stinkiness is a prelabor sign.....
#447 of 568 Old 12-08-2007, 12:18 PM

Yesterday before my shower I smelled like feet and old Cheetos. My cat, who usually LOVES it when I smell (he smells pretty bad, so I think it makes him happy to not be alone) came trotting over to me to snuggle. Nothing can deter this cat from snuggles when he's in the mood - seriously, NOTHING. He came over, purring, and then took a whiff, glared at me, and RAN from the room and wouldn't come near me again. Once I showered, I was fair game. What does THAT say?

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#448 of 568 Old 12-08-2007, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmeMuffin View Post
Yesterday before my shower I smelled like feet and old Cheetos. My cat, who usually LOVES it when I smell (he smells pretty bad, so I think it makes him happy to not be alone) came trotting over to me to snuggle. Nothing can deter this cat from snuggles when he's in the mood - seriously, NOTHING. He came over, purring, and then took a whiff, glared at me, and RAN from the room and wouldn't come near me again. Once I showered, I was fair game. What does THAT say?

ROFL...I don't have the stink yet, it showed up in my 3rd trimester last time, I think...

Jessica ~ SAHM to Julianne (5-19-07) & Jocelyn (8-10-08) #3 12-25-10
Wife to my best friend and love of my life
#449 of 568 Old 12-08-2007, 01:47 PM

Has anyone else been peeing themselves? :

I am sitting here on my birth ball and I'm pretty sure it's not my water. But gah, I hope I didn't just pee my pants. Nothing happened. It just got hot.

#450 of 568 Old 12-08-2007, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post
Has anyone else been peeing themselves? :
All the time. I don't put on undies anymore without a panty liner, b/c I don't know when I'll do any number of things that will make me pee (cough, laugh, sneeze, breathe). Last night I wasn't really thinking clearly (it's this cold, dang it) and got undressed to go to bed. Standing in the bathroom (naked) putting toothpaste on my toothbrush, I sneezed four times in a row. I've never been a serial sneezer - until the moment I was standing naked, 9 months pregnant, and panty linerless. I need to wash the area rug now.

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page