Its stinky TMI - Page 9 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#241 of 568 Old 11-20-2007, 01:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by expectantmami View Post
My heartburn is so out of control that my breath stinks. I also need to share with the world that my belly button is now in my 8th month beginning to become an outie-and it has black stripes. Not stinky per say-but maybe I should have been cleaning it more often??
A tiger striped belly button...cool

I dunno why I thought that was so damn funny. I need sleep!
#242 of 568 Old 11-20-2007, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by transformed View Post
How come its so taboo to pee in the shower? Its a drain! I dont get it, really.

Since urine is sterile, unless it contacts some bacteria on the way out, it shouldn't be taboo in one's own home. I always figure I'm doing the environment a favor by peeing in the shower, since that eliminates a flush and a wad of paper.

Me, my Sweetie , DD 1 (Dec 07),  and DD 2 (Dec 09). Co-sleeping, delayed-vaxing, quia Lutherans!
#243 of 568 Old 11-20-2007, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFox05 View Post
Since urine is sterile, unless it contacts some bacteria on the way out, it shouldn't be taboo in one's own home. I always figure I'm doing the environment a favor by peeing in the shower, since that eliminates a flush and a wad of paper.

Speaking of, I don't insist that my dd flush after every trip to the potty...and I don't flush during the night (which is 4 or more trips these days). We are either really lazy, or we are doing our part for water conservation. We do flush poop though.

Christa
#244 of 568 Old 11-20-2007, 09:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crsta33 View Post
Speaking of, I don't insist that my dd flush after every trip to the potty...and I don't flush during the night (which is 4 or more trips these days). We are either really lazy, or we are doing our part for water conservation. We do flush poop though.

Christa
Normally, we rarely flush our toilet, but lately, because my pee STINKS, I have been flushing more often. :
#245 of 568 Old 11-20-2007, 10:54 AM

When I was growing up, my Dad was fond of saying, "If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down!" Much to my dh's consternation, I typically still follow that advice!

Sarah, Queen of Hearts, raising a Full House with Michael, King of my Heart!
DS (2/02), DD (3/04), DS (1/06), DD (12/07), and DS (3/10)
~~*~~Not your typical Pastor's Wife!~~*~~
#246 of 568 Old 11-20-2007, 11:40 AM

And my dh flushes before he's even finished. Which I find totally odd.

Christa
#247 of 568 Old 11-20-2007, 11:48 AM

My Dh does too, and he has a total heart attack if there is pee in the toilet! We HAVE to flush after every trip in there.
#248 of 568 Old 11-20-2007, 12:05 PM

Toilet Flushing accounts for about 26% of water usage in the average household.

ITA if it's Yellow it's Mellow....
#249 of 568 Old 11-20-2007, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubfam View Post

I would, but I like to see the color of my pee to make sure I'm drinking enough.

If it's clear.... let it, uh....?
#250 of 568 Old 11-20-2007, 01:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by starry_mama View Post
Normally, we rarely flush our toilet, but lately, because my pee STINKS, I have been flushing more often. :
:

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#251 of 568 Old 11-20-2007, 01:52 PM

New problem. I am peeing so much that the wiping is starting to irritate my vulva. I can't see not wiping, though! I'd have pee running down my legs!

Another gross little tidbit: The other day I threw up so hard I peed myself. I stood up and walked into the hall on the way to the bathroom (I threw up in a can in the bedroom) and stopped to talk to me DP. He looked at me funny and said, "you're leaking." I looked down and realized I hadn't just peed a little - I'd peed so much that it had pooled in my underwear and was running down my leg in a stream! Of course, to make matters worse, I then had to sniff it to make sure it wasn't amniotic fluid. Yuck.

Mama to E (12/07) and M (01/11). homebirth.jpg
#252 of 568 Old 11-20-2007, 01:53 PM
Banned

Do you use TP or family cloth? If you use TP, I would recommend switching to family cloth. We made the switch when I was pregnant, for the same reason! Cloth feels so much nicer and doesn't irritate like paper does.
#253 of 568 Old 11-20-2007, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Do you use TP or family cloth? If you use TP, I would recommend switching to family cloth. We made the switch when I was pregnant, for the same reason! Cloth feels so much nicer and doesn't irritate like paper does.
I guess I don't understand how family cloth works. I use cloth fem. hyg. products, but they get washed between each use. Surely you don't wash the towel every time someone wipes? How does it stay clean?

#254 of 568 Old 11-20-2007, 01:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreThanApplesauce View Post
I guess I don't understand how family cloth works. I use cloth fem. hyg. products, but they get washed between each use. Surely you don't wash the towel every time someone wipes? How does it stay clean?
No, like cloth baby wipes. We use old blankets cut up, wash cloths, fancy wipes I got from Bumblebeej : , homemade flannel ones, etc. We have a little basket on the back of the toilet with the clean ones and a bucket next to the toilet for the dirties. I just wash them with the diapers.
#255 of 568 Old 11-20-2007, 02:03 PM

Quote:
No, like cloth baby wipes. We use old blankets cut up, wash cloths, fancy wipes I got from Bumblebeej : , homemade flannel ones, etc. We have a little basket on the back of the toilet with the clean ones and a bucket next to the toilet for the dirties. I just wash them with the diapers.
Oh, LOL, that makes a lot more sense! I was thinking along the lines of a handtowel.

I'm not sure if I could handle poopy ones (adult poop is so much grosser than baby/breast milk poop), but I could do pee ones, for sure.

Thanks for the suggestion!

#256 of 568 Old 11-20-2007, 02:17 PM

A new cause of belly button funk-

I still have my belly button ring in. I ordered one of the pregnancy barbells because my ring was really irritating. The top of the belly button (the part they pierce) is so stretched it's basically a thin flap of skin right now. My piercer made the barbell into two for me- a shorter one and a longer one. Last night I needed to switch it out to the longer one because the short one kept getting knocked around and almost ripping out. When I changed it, oh holy stink bomb!!! Anyone here familiar with piercings may know that sometimes dead skin cells, oils, and soaps can get inside piercings and cause them to get gunky and stinky. Well, belly buttons can get some nasty gunk (I'd had mine stretched to 8ga before kids and that caused more funk). But this was so bad!!! It almost took my breath away. I had to get in there and clean with an alcohol wipe. The skin is stretched so thin that my belly button doesn't get clean in the shower anymore I guess.
#257 of 568 Old 11-20-2007, 02:31 PM

i also have something to add, although it's not stinky, it's CERTAINLY tmi.

i have butt cheeck acne! i think it's caused by the rather "humid" state of everything below my waist and above the knee....

i've been using an alpha hydroxy lotion on my butt after i bathe, but it hasn't helped. today, i got some neutrogena body scrub w. salicylic acid in it.

anybody have any tips for me? or do i have to find a spa that offers an a$$ facial?!?!?!:
#258 of 568 Old 11-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintonhillmama View Post
a$$ facial
laughup laughup laughup
#259 of 568 Old 11-20-2007, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubfam View Post

I actually practice this, but the thing about it is you have to clean the toilet sooooooo much more often with pee sitting in it ALL the time! Ewwww...
#260 of 568 Old 11-20-2007, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreThanApplesauce View Post
New problem. I am peeing so much that the wiping is starting to irritate my vulva. I can't see not wiping, though! I'd have pee running down my legs!
Get that peri bottle out! Squirt some water, dab gently with a piece of cloth and you're set.
#261 of 568 Old 11-20-2007, 03:57 PM

I had butt zits so bad, my mom said it looked like my a$$ worked at McDonalds. :
#262 of 568 Old 11-20-2007, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeej View Post
I had butt zits so bad, my mom said it looked like my a$$ worked at McDonalds. :
that sucks! DD#2 was pointing out my booty zits when I got out of the shower today. Gotta love kids.
#263 of 568 Old 11-20-2007, 04:25 PM

ok is it just me or is anyone else leaking urine during an orgasm, I have had this happen during all of my pregnancies when Im far along, its so gross its makes me not want to have one at all

Betsy, Mommy to DS (10) DD (4) DS (2) and DS (1)
#264 of 568 Old 11-20-2007, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintonhillmama View Post
i also have something to add, although it's not stinky, it's CERTAINLY tmi.

i have butt cheeck acne! i think it's caused by the rather "humid" state of everything below my waist and above the knee....

i've been using an alpha hydroxy lotion on my butt after i bathe, but it hasn't helped. today, i got some neutrogena body scrub w. salicylic acid in it.

anybody have any tips for me? or do i have to find a spa that offers an a$$ facial?!?!?!:
: This is me too, and nothing helps. I try to remain naked as much as possible to air everything out but oye. I found that sitting on my birth ball with no pants of shorts makes me break out too. It's so embarassing

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#265 of 568 Old 11-20-2007, 05:28 PM

All this talk about A$$ acne makes me feel the need to confess my most guilty pleasure:

I love to pop zits-I really do. I know it's bad-but there is something about squeezing out a white head that is just fascinating for me. :

Karen, mother to a wonderful active three year old.
#266 of 568 Old 11-20-2007, 05:33 PM

Oh, I'm a zit popper too! Don't come around with something to squeeze on.
#267 of 568 Old 11-20-2007, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomommy1122 View Post
ok is it just me or is anyone else leaking urine during an orgasm, I have had this happen during all of my pregnancies when Im far along, its so gross its makes me not want to have one at all
Are you sure that it is urine? It might very well be female ejaculate.

My big sex worry is that how gassy I have been lately is not just letting out the occasional "whoops, I farted!" once during, BUT the constant poot poot poot poot pooting during most of the act.

And all I have to say is Whew! I am not the only one prone to butt zits during pregnancy!!! If I didn't need my husband to help me out of the bathtub now (we have no shower ) I wouldn't let my husband see me in my birthday suit.

Karin, Wife to Dear Sweet English Husband~Soon to be Legally American. Mom to Zach~13, Lily~9, Alex~2, and Izzy or Zeke arriving July 2010! Living a life full of LOVE!
#268 of 568 Old 11-20-2007, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeej View Post

all i can think about is having a bunch of zitty a$$ photos from the birth! and what my MW & doula will think!

yes, ladies, i AM that vain.

but glad to hear that i'm not the only one afflicted.....
#269 of 568 Old 11-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Banned

I cannot believe I'm sharing this here.........

Today at my chiro appointment, while laying face down on the table, I farted. And it smelled really bad. :
#270 of 568 Old 11-20-2007, 09:37 PM

Quote:
I cannot believe I'm sharing this here.........
Today at my chiro appointment, while laying face down on the table, I farted. And it smelled really bad. :
don't feel bad mama, last year dp and i went to the massage school for some cheap relaxation. the walls were pretty thin, and 15 minutes in i heard him rip one. LOUD. it was all i could do to keep myself under control for the rest of my massage. (i just told him i was out'ing him on MDC and his only response was, "but you have to tell them that she pushed REALLY hard!" )

and i also have to admit that i've been poot poot poot'ing during our romps in the hay as well. i try to mask it by making extra-loud noises of pleasure.

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page