Its stinky TMI - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-04-2007, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:Puke Does anyone else get pretty stinky "down there": during pregnancy?

It sucks....dh says he doesnt mind and that it happens every time I get pregnant but I find it gross.

Is there a reason other than hormones?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2007, 05:00 PM

I have noticed it from time to time. I feel embarrassed even admitting it!

It's only started recently. I thought maybe it was because I am not able to wipe as effectively, because my big belly is in the way. But I don't think that's what it is. Maybe sweat? EEEW. GAG!

I've just been washing. A lot. And also...this is embarrassing, but you know those little gyno sanitary wipes you can get when you have to pee in a cup? My midwives have a big basket of them in the washroom at the office, and I just grab a big handful of them everything I'm there and put them in my purse. They're good for a quick freshening up.

I can't believe I'm saying any of this!

Catherine - Born at home 01/08/08
Old 10-04-2007, 05:02 PM

I feel pretty stinky lately. It's embarrassing. To get a little more TMI, there is absolutely no way that I am letting any oral sex stuff go on for the rest of this pregnancy. I know he loves me and all but I don't think I can deal with having his face down there knowing that I can barely handle my own smell. He doesn't get why I'm making such a big deal about it.

Also, my pee smells. REALLY BAD. And the bathroom smells for a couple minutes after I've peed. If I've peed right before we're about to brush our teeth together, and he walks towards the bathroom, I herd him out yelling "DON'T GO IN THERE! IT SMELLS LIKE HOW STINKY I AM."

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
Old 10-04-2007, 05:05 PM

OMG, yes! I don't know what to do about it. I wash myself multiple times a day and it doesn't help. I also change my underwear about 3 times a day. It's so gross. Glad to see I'm not alone.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:09 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
I'm a neurotic crotch washer every day. And I never let dh anywhere near it until I have.

I am SO not a fan of my Down There during pregnancy.

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
Old 10-04-2007, 05:14 PM

Hey nobody ever warns you about THIS part of pregnancy, do they?

I'm glad we're all in this stinky boat together.

Might as well get even more TMI by building on MmeMuffin's comments. I fart every time I pee for whatever reason, so the bathroom is doubly stinky after I've left it. DH has this amazing ability to need to go in the bathroom right after I've been in there, so I light a few matches and that seems to do the trick. I'm pretty OCD about washing after I poop, so in my non-pregnant life, I always poop in the morning before my shower, but I'm a poop machine this pregnancy, so it's getting ridiculous, and sometimes it's not convenient to have a quick shower after every poo. I need a bidet.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
I need a bidet.
I said the EXACT same thing. But I also can barely reach my own ass, so... Also, I'm jealous that you're a poop machine. Poop is a big struggle over here, resulting in much constipation frustration. Okay, how's this for TMI? Yesterday I could NOT get this poop out. It felt like it was sideways - like the long part was laying across and thus I couldn't get it out. All I could think was... "My poo is transverse and I can't get it to turn." It took me 45 minutes. At least I had a really good book...

I fart all the time, pregnant or not, but the smell is WAY WORSE now. My husband will cheerfully tell me how "rank" or "rancid" they are. "Ew, babe! It smells like your farts are AGED! Like the baby is kicking farts out of you that have been there for TEN YEARS!!!" Thanks babe, I love you too.

I'm glad you guys all feel smelly too because I feel gross and meant to post a thread but kept forgetting. I am no longer alone in my shame. Well, maybe I will be now after this particular post, but... whatever.

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
Old 10-04-2007, 05:26 PM

Gosh it's so gross (do I sound five?) not only is it a different smell but there's extra. I went out last night and bought scented panty liners.

I've been using my diaper sprayer (holy cold!) to freshen up almost every visit to the potty.

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

Old 10-04-2007, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

I wonder if it could be candida....I should start my probiotics....and let you know.

I dont want to take any more meds though! I HATE TAKING PILLS AND STUFF! (probiotic is a liquid but I still hate it.)
Old 10-04-2007, 05:28 PM

I got th funk going on too. It's driving me crazy.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmeMuffin View Post
"My poo is transverse and I can't get it to turn."
OWWW!! Don't make me laugh that hard, you're making me fart!

Quote:
I fart all the time, pregnant or not, but the smell is WAY WORSE now. My husband will cheerfully tell me how "rank" or "rancid" they are. "Ew, babe! It smells like your farts are AGED! Like the baby is kicking farts out of you that have been there for TEN YEARS!!!" Thanks babe, I love you too.
No kidding. The other day I tooted and DH said, "Wow, that fart smells OLD." He has the stinkiest farts ever, but it's getting alarming because mine are starting to out-stink his. Even he feels put to shame by the power of mine. Luckily, he's deeply immature so every time I fart, he laughs and exclaims, "DEARRRR!!" In some ways I guess it's good that boys never grow up.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:37 PM

Oh, I'm stinky in so many ways. My underarms aren't any better than the neither regions. And, oh, the gas. For some reason, I burp and poot for an enterinty when I lay down at night.

My dd just left the room b/c of the smell.

Christa
Old 10-04-2007, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

LOL ladies. Pregnancy is so glamourous.

Luckily (or not) my dh isnt really an oral kind of guy. Oh yes, he wants it but no, he doesnt dish it out so I dont have to worry about that.

Mabye if he were I wouldnt keep getting knocked up.

I love farting on dh all the time. He drinks soda and beer so he is quite gassy and its nice to give a little back.

Jenny
Old 10-04-2007, 05:45 PM

Major grossness u guys!

I'm stinky too. I think I pee myself all day long.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:51 PM

Hehehe everyone! This thread just keeps getting more amusing the grosser it gets. Weird!

Old 10-04-2007, 05:56 PM

LOL. Best. Thread. Ever. We totally win.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:38 PM

Quote:
LOL. Best. Thread. Ever. We totally win.
I almost woke my son up laughing at that :P

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014

Old 10-04-2007, 06:42 PM
Banned

OMG. I smell so bad. I can't even stand to be in the same room as myself. I stink down there, I stink in my armpits. I even started wearing deodorant and I still stink. I normally shower every other day or so, now I am showering sometimes 2x a day because I smell so bad.

Sorry to say it, but I'm glad I'm not the only one! : I was starting to think I was a freak. :
Old 10-04-2007, 07:00 PM

Stinky here too, what is up with this!?

Mama to (DS 7) and (DD 5), wife to DH

Old 10-04-2007, 07:52 PM

Oh. My. Gosh. You are all just killing me! I LOVE TMI threads! And I love you ladies (can I still call you ladies after all this??? ) for sharing!

Lynn, single lesbian mama to All Mighty Iris 12/10/07
Old 10-04-2007, 08:07 PM

I get a smell down there too. I think it's gross and it makes me a bit self conscious. The thing is I keep things pretty clean down there so I try to remind myself it's just part of my pregnancy.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:18 PM

I've always been a farter, so that's not a new idea around here. And DH remarked the other day that he likes my "new smell" down there... maybe I'm just lucky to have a yoni that smells like roses? or a DH with a broken smeller... maybe all those farts over the years have worn out his olfactory system?!

lover of K partners.gif mom to S superhero.gifb.12/07  and C joy.gifb.6/11

Old 10-04-2007, 09:02 PM - Thread Starter

Its werid too cause it doesnt smell "the same" nasty-its all different nasty smells!

I dont like the sour milk one the most.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:23 PM

I so thought I was the only one! I also have weird discharge. I'm really anal (no pun intended) about cleaning after going to the bathroom-but I still get discharge as if I didn't wipe after peeing.

Can I also mention my stinky breath? No matter how much I brush my teeth my mouth smells horrible! My feet stink too! I don't know why!

Karen, mother to a wonderful active three year old.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

Hormones are a b****!!!!
Old 10-04-2007, 09:35 PM

It sounds like we are all in the same boat. I'm so self conscious about my new 'smell' that seems to radiate. But so far no one else has commented on it. There is no way that I allow DH down there unless I have just, and I mean just! washed up.

Thanks for the laughs though... and helping me feel normal.

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
Old 10-04-2007, 09:43 PM

I've read that the smell down there is because our flora changes once we become pregnant. I used to get a slightly similar smell one or two days before my period started.

My farts are stinky too, though DH is still the champ. After living in an RV park for two years, we have a name for the worst ones - "tank dump".

Me, my Sweetie , DD 1 (Dec 07),  and DD 2 (Dec 09). Co-sleeping, delayed-vaxing, quia Lutherans!
Old 10-04-2007, 11:08 PM

omg stop calling it "down there" please!!!!!!11111oneoneoenoene

It's a vagina! You're old enough to use it (landing you in this DDC) so you should be able to type the word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

:

Whew ok, now that I got that out...

Sorry kids, I don't stink. Must be a meat eater thing and I'm a clean little vegan But oh how I second the bidet wishes! Things are just hard to reach! I was constipated for a while, but I now start my day with hot tea and several glasses of water before eating anything and woosh! No more constipation.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva Mama View Post
omg stop calling it "down there" please!!!!!!11111oneoneoenoene

It's a vagina! You're old enough to use it (landing you in this DDC) so you should be able to type the word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

:

Whew ok, now that I got that out...

Sorry kids, I don't stink. Must be a meat eater thing and I'm a clean little vegan But oh how I second the bidet wishes! Things are just hard to reach! I was constipated for a while, but I now start my day with hot tea and several glasses of water before eating anything and woosh! No more constipation.
Lol, sorry! But it is down in relation to my head (though I can't see it, I know it's still there).

I think it's ironic that I'm not having any reaching problems, at least not w/wiping (like I said, I can't really see down there anymore), and I'm probably the only person in our DDC who has a bidet. My crazy, ultra-modern, digital, Korean apartment rocks! The toilet in the master bath even has a heated seat and a butt blow dryer!

Me, my Sweetie , DD 1 (Dec 07),  and DD 2 (Dec 09). Co-sleeping, delayed-vaxing, quia Lutherans!
Old 10-04-2007, 11:28 PM

Diva mama this vegetarian is having similar problems. :P SO NEENER. Must be the cheese

And in the words of my son it's a "DYNA" : lol he also has a nenis. I love toddler words.

User Tag List