August Mamas, Thread 6, The Home Stretch - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

#91 of 115 Old 08-07-2003, 01:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Wooby, I'd do anything for an HBAC, but I'm stuck going to the hospital(dh is chicken). But I will b laboring at home until I feel an urge to push, never got that far the first time.

Hey KJ, my doula also recommended the balsamic vinager thing. I took a shot straight up. Whoo quite a rush. Didn't work. Only 45 minutes left on my due date. Oh well.

I'm totally out of clothes too. I have a total of 3 items I can wear in public. At home I wear rolled down boxer shorts and a too small t-shirt. Belly always hangs out the bottom. And before you get the wrong idea, it ain't all that cute. I've gained 50 lbs. Amazing how little I care about that.

CM, As a soon-to-be vbacer, I would really like to hear that your nether regions are feeling better I get a bit paranoid about it sometimes.

Mamasoleil, good luck at the visit. Hope nobody freaks out on you.

Yawn...G'night all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 115 Old 08-07-2003, 03:03 AM

ooh mamasoleil, i can't wait to read your post tomorrow either!

man, this thread moves so fast that i always have to pee at some point and then i forget what everyone's said and i'm too lazy to go back and read throo..

wooby, i'm super weepy too.. in a good way! tonight i did prenatal yoga (which i've only done two other times this pregnancy) and it totally got the tears flowing. especially since i could feel baby responding so much. it was nice. i am soooo inflexible, tho!

whoever asked me about baby's presentation, i'm not sure. i feel lots of little stubby pokings-out at the top of my belly, so i'm holding on to the hope that those are feet and not fists. i am not going to let myself worry until i find out forsure. the ultrasound on the 11th is the earliest they can get me in, unfortunately.

surprised nobody's been birthing lately. i bet a whole bunch of us will go at once. i've been having tons of bh's and even lots of crampy ones, but no action yet!

goodnight all!
#93 of 115 Old 08-07-2003, 06:19 AM

It's 2:15am and I haven't been able to get to sleep yet. If this isn't real labor, I'm scared of what is! OUCH. I had to get up just to see if walking around was any more comfy than being in bed. If these contractions stop in the morning and I have to go through this again, I'm going to be slightly miffed! (to put it mildly)

Wooby, I'm actually planning a birth center birth.
#94 of 115 Old 08-07-2003, 08:21 AM

Good morning ladies.........hope everybody slept ok, I don't even say well, b/c that's very unlikely I think
Does anybody know if the movements of the baby change before the labor? I mean - my baby is like on fire all the time!! Kicking me andpocking me ALL night, sticking his STRONG feet under my ribs - so I am thinking myself - I really doubt I would go into labor now!! KWIM?? Does the baby go into some kind of "meditative: mode and calms down right before the labor or few days b'f the labor? Does it make sense what I am trying to say? Does the baby still move when you are in labor? Or is it nicely"fold up" in possition and ready to get out?
I ampretty confident, that until he "behaves" like he is now, I am not going into labor.
My MW called me yesterday - she is coming to visit me here on Saturday, to see where I live with her back up MW (don't know who that is) and she said she is going to wear an oxygen mask b/c she had an episode last week (she has some serious health problems with her lungs)........I hope she'll be able to make it when I go into labor!!

How come nobody is birthing yet??!!
My clothes is getting smaller too - and dirtier I said to my DH it was time to give birth b'c I have nothing to wear. I have couple of dresses, but look like an idiot in them.
Anyway, have a good day today all of you, wish you lots of good news and some babies!!
#95 of 115 Old 08-07-2003, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter

Sharon oh my gosh I can't wait to hear. Is it the real thing?

I think a bunch of us will go this weekend. Full Moon. I want to be invited and included. Please universe, god, goddess, goddesses, baby, and all.
#96 of 115 Old 08-07-2003, 09:18 AM

Thanks for the replies about my labour woes. I'm just still trying to relax about it....this baby will come when she or he wants too...

Went to a prenatal yesterday, I lost 4 pounds and my blood pressure is good...babe is good too.

Next week <if i make it> I get to do a non-stress test...doesn't sound like a bad thing.

Wooby....Great list!
I'm having what I hope to be a happy hospital experience.

The hospital I'm going to has good policy's in my opinion...they like to avoid episiotomy's < spell check>,mother/child bonding for the first hour after birth then they weigh the babe and all that stuff in the same room, baby's room in, eat and drink and walk around through labourthere's more but i'm rambling again it all sounds good to me.

I too am almost out of clothes to wear....thank goodness for elastic waistbands!

Mamabeard...I'm guessing a lot of us will be labouring around the full moon as well...I'm hoping that i will at least!

positive ,happy thoughts for all !
enjoy your day!

winner.jpg  homeschool.gif familybed1.gif    happily married mom to one son jammin.gif and one daughterbiggrinbounce.gif!
#97 of 115 Old 08-07-2003, 10:02 AM

As a moderator:

Ladies please refrain from posting anything in regard to the removed post or the entire thread will have to be removed for editing. If you would all do so on your own, I would appreciate it.
#98 of 115 Old 08-07-2003, 10:10 AM

As a momma

I am planning a home waterbirth after 4 hospital births.

I can't believe that we still do not have any August babies yet. The only August babies were born in July!! It's the 7th, let's get these babies moving!! I have a feeling that this board will be very slow next Tuesday and Wednesday because of the full moon. I guess we'll see.

We are heading up to my parents cottage on the lake this weekend. It is only about 2.5 hours away so I can make it home if things start to happen. My MW just said to make sure we stop halfway there to walk around. I don't see it happening yet though. I have had NO signs of impending labor at all. No loss of mucous plug, no show, nothing. This baby must be enjoying itself in there. maybe a ride on the jet ski will help it out! Don't worry, it is a very small lake and my 4 year old goes with me and we go really slow, like we are riding a bike. It is very relaxing.

Sharon, how are you feeling? MS what did the MW say?
#99 of 115 Old 08-07-2003, 10:25 AM

No signs of labor for me yet either. I was so patient about it up until a few days ago - now I am ready to get this show on the road!

Baby is moving around like a solid gold dancer. I can hardly even drive anymore becasue she gets so active when I am sitting in the car I can't concentrate on the road.

So just playing the waiting game - looking forward to that full moon! I have a prenatal visit later today (hopefully my last).

Hang in there mamas!!
#100 of 115 Old 08-07-2003, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mavis, love how you said a happy hospital experience

and Laurag how you said a solid gold dancer, I think Pavlina will like that too.

Wooby I noticed you are editing but do tell us how you are today.

I felt like something was up before bed last night but I feel normal again today. My due date is tomorrow. Dang.
#101 of 115 Old 08-07-2003, 10:49 AM

tnrsmom, I think you are right! I bet lots of our babies will share birthdays next week during the full moon!
Mavis, Sounds as if you have found a very supportive hospital!
Sharon, How are you????
Kaje, Dd keeps saying, "I want my new baby out!" I am thinking, me, too!

We slept great last night. Dd slept an hour late this am. Super!
#102 of 115 Old 08-07-2003, 10:54 AM

Hi everyone!

I also can't believe we've had no Aug. babies yet. What's going on here.

Is anyone else going through a bit of depression. Its hitting me hard. Don't get me wrong everytime I think about the baby and caring for him I get excited its just the rest of the time I feel really depressed.

I've been having some contractions on and off. The new weird thing I'm going through is that everytime I do a pelvic rock I get a very painful contraction. I wanted to call my Bradley instructor but remembered she's out of town. She should have come back last night though so I'll try calling her and finding out. Its very strange and painful and only one person I know went through something similiar.
#103 of 115 Old 08-07-2003, 12:13 PM

I think I'm REALLY in labor. I finally called my midwife at 5:30am and she told me to take a bath and eat and see if I could get some rest. On my way to the bath, I peed and lost my mucus plug!!!! The bath felt WONDERFUL and I was able to get an hour of sleep. Now I'm up again and contractions are starting to pick up again. She said that with the sun coming up and a bath and food, that might slow things down. Perhaps it did for awhile, but they seem to be back. About 6 minutes apart and lasting about 50 seconds.

I gotta say, I was sure that DH would be pretty impressed with my mucus plug...I mean, it's seriously like the biggest booger I've ever seen. He was completely grossed out and I had to force him to look! Since when did I think something like that was cooler than he did?!?!
#104 of 115 Old 08-07-2003, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharon
...I mean, it's seriously like the biggest booger I've ever seen.

Sharon - you jsut made my day! I laughed so hard when I read this!!
So, how are you doing? Congratulations - sounds like you are going to meet your baby pretty soon!!!! That is so exciting! Keep us posted! Good luck, we'll be all thinking of you!
#105 of 115 Old 08-07-2003, 12:33 PM

Oh Sharon, I'm so jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#106 of 115 Old 08-07-2003, 01:02 PM

Sharon, I am also really jealous!!! But you and I have been having very similar symptoms, so maybe, just maybe...I'll be in labour soon too....though my bets are also on the full moon.
So, I met my m/w this AM, and it's not my membranes, but still my mucous...so that was cool. The other cool thing, is she said she would try any other way to get my labour started other than inducing at the hospital...she's really hoping for my homebirth!
I convinced her to check my cervix, and I was a little disappointed, I'm only 1.5cm dilated, and 50% effaced....I was hoping she would say, my, you are completely effaced and 3cms dilated...:
Anyway, Wooby, I'm also planning a waterbirth...
Kaje~labour vibes to you sister, glad to hear your NST was perfect!!!
I was awake from 3am to 430am, couldn't sleep...but now, I'm so tired!!!!
I'll check in later.

Mamasoleil
#107 of 115 Old 08-07-2003, 01:02 PM

Sharon, I am also really jealous!!! But you and I have been having very similar symptoms, so maybe, just maybe...I'll be in labour soon too....though my bets are also on the full moon.
So, I met my m/w this AM, and it's not my membranes, but still my mucous...so that was cool. The other cool thing, is she said she would try any other way to get my labour started other than inducing at the hospital...she's really hoping for my homebirth!
I convinced her to check my cervix, and I was a little disappointed, I'm only 1.5cm dilated, and 50% effaced....I was hoping she would say, my, you are completely effaced and 3cms dilated...:
I'll check in later.

Mamasoleil
#108 of 115 Old 08-07-2003, 01:02 PM

I'll check in later.

Mamasoleil
#109 of 115 Old 08-07-2003, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Sharon I am very excited for you and happy too!! And with the others wish it was me!

I remember a few weeks ago, someone else, who was it and I were saying we were not anxious for labor to happen, but now I am. I am crying right now. I just feel bummed. I am due tomorrow and am so afraid of induction and a c-section. Please keep me in your thoughts and send me labor vibes.

Mamasoleil (Gloria) you posted three times. Maybe that will get three of us going!
#110 of 115 Old 08-07-2003, 01:40 PM

Kaje~not sure who Gloria is...but I guess I felt my post was pretty important!!! :LOL
I've never done a multiple post before..wonder how that happened??? :
Anyway, Sharon, I'm so jealous.
Kaje, pls don't cry...they're not planning on inducing right on your due date are they?????

Mamasoleil
#111 of 115 Old 08-07-2003, 01:40 PM

OMG, Sharon, are you going to have our very first August baby??!! Hugs to you, and sending you good birthing vibes~~~~~

Mamasoleil & Kaje, hang in there!! I bet it's going to happen real sooon..... I can't wait to hear your birth stories!!
Kaje, I'm really praying and keeping my fingers crossed for you.
MS, my mw said you body sheds a lot of mucus before birth- so you are all geared up!!

Wooby, I'm planning a home waterbirth!

Glad to know I'm not the only one strugglying with tight clothing.... it's just awful! Those waistbands really hurt my belly! I look so sloppy, yikes. Good thing I'm birthing at home, or I have to put a garbage bag over myself to go to the hospital!!
#112 of 115 Old 08-07-2003, 01:40 PM

Man. What a night. I got my first migraine in many months. Up since about 4am. Practically whimpering. Maybe it's a sign of hormonal flux, meaning..Oh never mind. It will start when it starts. However I did break down and take 2 tylenol and had some coffee to ease my suffering. Um, if anyone wants to help me not feel so guilty about that, I'd be forever grateful. Migraines truly suck.

I was so excited to read the posts today. Andrea and Sharon!!Wow!! I can't believe a first timer is going a bit early. How cool! Can't wait to hear the story!

MS-So glad it's still mucus. Maybe if your water does break, you could not tell the midwives when it really happened, just to buy more time for things to get going. KWIM? After all, you know that whole 12-24hr "rule" is a crock, especially if you're in your own home. You have plenty of time.

Well, I'm going to go think about mucus and full moons and stuff.
#113 of 115 Old 08-07-2003, 01:45 PM

Yay! Sharon! I hope all goes well and am sending you happy labour vibes. the booger grossout was too funny! rite on!

Kaje62....Im with you...I'm due Saturday and don't want a c-section or induction either. I'm trying really hard to keep happy thoughts etc going and trying to not get bummed, some moments its harder than others....I will keep you in my thoughts and send you some labour vibes! happy ones of course .

Take care everyone!
enjoy your day!

winner.jpg  homeschool.gif familybed1.gif    happily married mom to one son jammin.gif and one daughterbiggrinbounce.gif!
#114 of 115 Old 08-07-2003, 01:49 PM

I don't know why, but I am starting to get the impression that I wll be PG for a while yet!!
I had to make app with dentist for tomorrow b/c I have a toothache and do NOt want it to go worse when I get to labor - can you imagine - being in labor and toothache??
Does anyone know if local anesthetics are OK during pg? I don't mind doing it without it, I can stand some pain (how ironic for someone going soon into labor).
Anyone been to dentist while PG?

Sharon - hope you are birthing nicely by now!!! Thinking of you and sending you good vibes!!
#115 of 115 Old 08-07-2003, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

maybe a new thread will get us rolling. here it is

http://216.92.20.151/discussions/sho...threadid=79083

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page