Pregnant with #1 in our 30s ~November~ - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 301 Old 11-10-2007, 08:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey girls - thanks for all the positive labor vibes!

BabyGroover was born today at 1:23PM. She is still nameless and has a full head of dark hair. 7lbs 15oz. To say that DH and I are smitten is a tremendous understatement. I'm still in the hospital now but I'll post more details and photos when I get home.

Dee, mommy to Miss M 11/07 and little Miss I 5/10/10!
#122 of 301 Old 11-10-2007, 08:47 PM

Dee, Congrats on Baby Groover! Take it easy and enjoy your beautiful little girl. Looking forward to seeing pictures and hearing your story when you get time!
#123 of 301 Old 11-10-2007, 09:56 PM

: CONGRATULATIONS GROOVERS!!!! :

Can't wait to hear all about it! Rest up my dear. So excited for you.

OMG I'm next!
#124 of 301 Old 11-10-2007, 10:48 PM

: Congratulations Dee!
#125 of 301 Old 11-11-2007, 08:10 AM

CONGRATULATIONS DEE!!!

Babygroover!!!

Enjoy your babymoon!
#126 of 301 Old 11-11-2007, 11:07 AM

CONGRATULATIONS DEE! I can't wait to hear more and to find out BabyGroover's name. And to see your little dark-haired baby.

Yay! Hope you are resting well. Good job, mama!
#127 of 301 Old 11-11-2007, 11:31 AM

: Congratulations Dee! Welcome BabyGroover! :
#128 of 301 Old 11-11-2007, 12:10 PM

Wow, I slack off for a week and look what I miss!

Congrats Dee and Baby Groover, welcome to the world!

Mama to 3 year old DS and awaiting #2 in June
#129 of 301 Old 11-11-2007, 01:05 PM

And Sarah... either good luck or congratulations on your wedding (you didn't mention what day it was!)

Hope it is/was wonderful!
#130 of 301 Old 11-11-2007, 01:10 PM

: Yay, Dee! Congratulations to you and welcome to BabyGroover! :

Sarah, congratulations to you! What an exciting weekend
#131 of 301 Old 11-11-2007, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Congratulations Dee and Baby Groover!

Can't wait to hear all the details and see pictures - when you are ready! Enjoy your sweet little girl.

Melanie, Mum to DD1 (April 2008), DD2 (August 2010) and excepting #3 Feb 2012.

#132 of 301 Old 11-11-2007, 06:42 PM

Congratulations Dee & Mr. Groover!!!!
:Welcome to the world Baby Groover! :
Can't we just call her baby Groover forever?
Rest well mama. Can't wait to hear your story and see some yummy pics of the little one
#133 of 301 Old 11-12-2007, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace24 View Post
And Sarah... either good luck or congratulations on your wedding (you didn't mention what day it was!)

Hope it is/was wonderful!
Thanks, it was yesterday. It was a really long day but totally worth it and a lot of fun. I'll post some pictures eventually, I feel like I look like a trussed up turkey wrapped in foil in most of them but hopefully when I get a chance to go through them there'll be a few nice ones. We're in Niagara Falls for the night tonight, nice to relax and spend a few hours alone finally! :
#134 of 301 Old 11-12-2007, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJen View Post
Thanks, it was yesterday. It was a really long day but totally worth it and a lot of fun. I'll post some pictures eventually, I feel like I look like a trussed up turkey wrapped in foil in most of them but hopefully when I get a chance to go through them there'll be a few nice ones. We're in Niagara Falls for the night tonight, nice to relax and spend a few hours alone finally! :
Oh my goodness!! Clearly I missed a lot more than Dee going into labor and having the baby. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up this week and see what all I missed.

Congrats Sarah! I'm sure you looked beautiful.

Mama to 3 year old DS and awaiting #2 in June
#135 of 301 Old 11-12-2007, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks, it was yesterday. It was a really long day but totally worth it and a lot of fun. I'll post some pictures eventually, I feel like I look like a trussed up turkey wrapped in foil in most of them but hopefully when I get a chance to go through them there'll be a few nice ones. We're in Niagara Falls for the night tonight, nice to relax and spend a few hours alone finally!
Congratulations Sarah! I'm glad to hear it was a fun day - that is what weddings are supposed to be.

I don't know if there are any grads left on this board but I was looking at the SleepyWrap website (http://www.sleepywrap.com) and wondering if anyone had tried this or heard anything good/bad about it. The photos make it look really comfortable - and make the babies look really happy of course, so I would like to hear from anyone with real experience before I add it to my list of baby-wants.

My big sister is in town for the week staying with my parents and visiting (her 18-year old son moved her in the summer and she has a 12-year old son and a 4-year old son). She has been sending boxes back with them (they divide their time between two coasts essentially) for the last couple years and we went through them last night. I'm feeling a lot better about baby stuff now: there are lots of receiving blankets and if we have a boy he is totally set for clothes, if we have a girl, well, she won't care for a little while and everyone will be so excited to have a girl in the family that the dresses and pink sleepers will start pouring in (another reason why I don't want to know - give the babe at least a little while to be gender neutral).

#136 of 301 Old 11-12-2007, 03:15 PM

Congratulations Dee and welcome Baby Groover!!!!

Congrats Sarah on your wedding!

Mama to J (Apr 01 '08) and N (Feb 13 '10)
#137 of 301 Old 11-12-2007, 03:27 PM

Sarah, congratulations! I can't wait to see a picture. I love that you are at Niagra Falls. Yay!

Melanie, I have a Hug-a-Bub, which looks really similar, and yeah, I like it a lot. I usually reach for the ring sling now because it's easier to put on but the soft stretchy wrap is perfect sometimes and was the first carrier I used (on like day 2). Another popular soft wrap is the Moby.

(Oh, it says "perfect for discreet nursing." If only it were that simple. What i find is that to nurse I have to untighten the wrap so that the babe can be lower down, and then when I'm on the go it's hard to tighten it back up without redoing the whole thing. BUT it is a good way to hands-free or one-handed nurse around the house for a few minutes. )
#138 of 301 Old 11-12-2007, 04:56 PM

: Congrats Dee & welcome BabyGroover! :

Congrats on you wedding Sarah!

I can't wait to see pics of Dee's baby girl and Sarah's wedding.

BTW, I am in shock that I am now in the third trimester (at least, according to my pregnancy books). Where has the time gone?

librarian mommy (34) to DD (2/08), expecting a BOY in early spring 2011
#139 of 301 Old 11-12-2007, 05:41 PM

Congrats to Dee!! WELCOME BABY GROOVER!

Can't wait to hear what your name is!

Laura~ wife to my stuntman, Stig, mama to Gavin Rutgar reading.gif(4) and now Wyatt Andreas (1) and 2 little angel1.gif.

#140 of 301 Old 11-12-2007, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meli-mello View Post
I don't know if there are any grads left on this board but I was looking at the SleepyWrap website (http://www.sleepywrap.com) and wondering if anyone had tried this or heard anything good/bad about it. The photos make it look really comfortable - and make the babies look really happy of course, so I would like to hear from anyone with real experience before I add it to my list of baby-wants.
Don't worry Melanie, I think most of us are still lurking about! Also, feel free to come post questions on the grad thread

As for the wrap question...
I am not familar with the wrap you posted, but I do have a Gypsy Mama Bali Baby Stretch. Everyone said you HAVE to have a wrap for a newborn. Well, guess what, my little one HATED it. He is not a snuggly baby (unless he is super duper tired, but even then, he usually just wants to be put down so that he can sleep) and the wrap was like torture for him. It is also a slight PIA to put on. Even if Benjamin liked the wrap, I would probably only use it at home. I much prefer the ringsling or HotSling for being out and about (I prefer the ringsling, but will use the Hotsling if I need to be able to stuff my carrier in the diaper bag). All of that being said, the wrap is the only carrier I have been able to nurse in (although, again, it was sort of a PIA to get Ben positioned - but once I did, he was able to nurse easily. Of course he spazzed out a few minuted later because he didn't like being in the wrap, but I could tell that nursing in a wrap would totally work with a more snuggly baby).
#141 of 301 Old 11-12-2007, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybama View Post

BTW, I am in shock that I am now in the third trimester (at least, according to my pregnancy books). Where has the time gone?
I had the exact same reaction a couple of weeks ago. Now I'm coming up on 30 weeks this week and getting into a complete panic that I've done nothing and I mean NOTHING to prepare!:
#142 of 301 Old 11-12-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Now I'm coming up on 30 weeks this week and getting into a complete panic that I've done nothing and I mean NOTHING to prepare!:
Made your baby daddy "legal"...
#143 of 301 Old 11-12-2007, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~minnow~ View Post
#144 of 301 Old 11-12-2007, 08:14 PM

#145 of 301 Old 11-12-2007, 10:22 PM

true!
#146 of 301 Old 11-13-2007, 12:51 PM

Morning ladies...

Still sort of stalking to hear from Dee, wonder if she's home yet...

Here's my update: 38.5 weeks, EDD is 10 days away, and my daily affirmation to my belly is "I love you but GET OUT!" I'm really uncomfortable but trying not to be too impatient. I've decided that he won't be early. I think he's descending slowly, but he's still sort of high.

DH and I worked more on the house this weekend, clearing out closets etc. and bought a filing cabinet (YAY!) in our ongoing effort to control the clutter. Unfortunately, I way overdid it cuz I was so desperate to both get out of the house and get this stuff done... so yesterday I was in excruciating pelvic pain and even used crutches. I spent most of the day on the couch, but it was worth it... we got a lot done. Even set up the pack 'n play... soooo cute...

Yesterday my friend came over to loan us her cosleeper, and brought her 1-year-old daughter. It was an interesting test for the dogs. They haven't been around kids much. Their reaction was opposite what I expected... my older one, the German Shepherd, was like mama bear... right next to that baby everywhere she was, regardless of the noise she was making (just various screeching noises, like babies do). She also looked so content, like, "Finally, you've brought me the baby I was born to protect." I swear, the more people who are in this house the happier she is. However, the shepherd/collie hid in her favorite place (the bathroom) the whole time cuz she was freaked by the noise. Wouldn't go near her. Interesting...I think she'll be fine with the baby, once she gets used to him... she didn't show signs of aggression or anything, just hid the whole time. She can be sort of gun-shy. I was so impressed with my older dog though, and I'm feeling really encouraged because she was the one I was worried about!

Ok, just one more day in the slow march towards my EDD... have a great day ladies... Julia
#147 of 301 Old 11-13-2007, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~minnow~ View Post
Too funny!

I have my 18 week ultrasound tomorrow and DH can't go. This is really unfortunate but he is training for something and there were no other available times. However, my sister is visiting so both my Mum and sister are coming with me and are really excited. This may be a silly question but you can't tell what the sex is at 18 weeks can you? I mean, I know the technician can tell but for everyone else it would be really difficult right? I don't want to know what it is but my sister really does and I'm worried she is going to try and figure it out (she has had three kids so she has experience with ultrasounds). I love my sister but I could see her trying to figure it out and then telling me, not caring that I want to keep it a surprise. Tell me I am being paranoid.

#148 of 301 Old 11-13-2007, 11:42 PM

We named the baby! Her name is Mathilde and she looks beautiful in pink. I still haven't written my birth story but here are some pics to satiate your baby lust.

Just born

With mommy

Sarah congratulations on your wedding! I want to see pics too!

Julia hang in there hon - you'll have a baby before you know it! Are you practicing hypnobirthing or relaxation techniques?

Melanie you can probably tell the baby's gender on an u/s at 18 weeks, especially if it's a boy and you have experience with u/s. If you don't want your sister to know the gender, tell the u/s tech immediately and s/he will keep the wand away from that area on the baby. If they need to do measurements on that region you may have to send you sister out of the room. Unsolicited suggestion: reschedule to 20 weeks when your hubby can make it if you want to know the gender. It's a special experience that you'll want to share with him & it's definitely more reliable after 19-20 weeks.

Dee, mommy to Miss M 11/07 and little Miss I 5/10/10!
#149 of 301 Old 11-14-2007, 12:04 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorGroover View Post
We named the baby! Her name is Mathilde and she looks beautiful in pink. I still haven't written my birth story but here are some pics to satiate your baby lust.

Melanie you can probably tell the baby's gender on an u/s at 18 weeks, especially if it's a boy and you have experience with u/s. If you don't want your sister to know the gender, tell the u/s tech immediately and s/he will keep the wand away from that area on the baby. If they need to do measurements on that region you may have to send you sister out of the room. Unsolicited suggestion: reschedule to 20 weeks when your hubby can make it if you want to know the gender. It's a special experience that you'll want to share with him & it's definitely more reliable after 19-20 weeks.
Dee! She is lovely and the name Mathilde is beautiful. What made you decide on that name? Is there a story behind it?

Thanks for the unsolicited advice! I did try to reschedule the appointment for a time when DH could come but they only had two other appointments for the next three weeks! And both of those were also at a time when he would be at work. My city is in the midst of a real baby boom it seems.

#150 of 301 Old 11-14-2007, 01:24 AM

Just poking my head in to say congrats to Dee -- Mathilde is lovely!
(And yay for Sarah's wedding: makes me all mushy just thinking about it.)

I'm sorta staying off to myself these days: my grammy passed away last Thursday and I'm feeling a little verklempt. It stinks: I just entered the no-fly zone of this pregnancy, so I don't get to go to the service.
(That's not entirely a bad thing -- they are always too long and I end up a sniveling mess -- I just hate not having a choice.)

As far as baby goes, I start weekly appointments this week. Thank the stars -- we're almost done! Still haven't gotten up to my pre-pregnancy weight (which is also more than okay with me ), but doc's fine with it as we're measuring fine, heartbeat's fine, and we are having a perfectly boring pregnancy.

More later,
Cher

36.5 weeks with biokid #1; loving aunt to N (8) and T (6)
Married to the sweetest geekboy on the planet

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page