Sept/Oct Mamas - Aug Thread - Getting ClosER! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 110 Old 08-08-2003, 09:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, for the third night in a row, Madelyn has slept all night! Yay!! Have I gotten to enjoy it? Not even a little bit. Yesterday evening I had Quizno's. Apparently this is a BIG NO NO for me. I spent the rest of the night in the bathroom.

Lemme tell you BH with abdominal cramps HURT!!!! I really thought I was going to have to call DH to come home from work and take me to the hospital, I was in that much pain. So I called my midwife and she told me that anytime your bowels get in a twist, it will make BH seem like real contractions. She told me to watch for any bloody show, or to see if the contractions moved from just upfront to coming around the back and then upfront.

Thankfully things calmed down around 5:30 and I was able to sleep until DH came home at 6:15. Madelyn woke up at 6:30. : So much for me sleeping. I really hope that tonight goes better. Just my luck and she will wake up every two hours....
#62 of 110 Old 08-08-2003, 09:57 PM

I was looking at my two boys sleeping tonight and thinking how is everyone going to fit in here next year? At this point in time we have two twin mattresses put together to make and king and there in another twin at the foot of the bed (where I sleep). The difficult part is that the boys like to sleep right on top of us. Especially uncomfortable when they both try to squeeze onto the twin with me. Two little boys, me and belly don't fit!!

I try my best not to worry about what the baby is doing. I do the poke and stuff also It is impossible to not worry a little. I do it all the time with my whole family.

Shane - Homeschooling mom to three boys (12, 1-, 8) and living the open life with my husband.

#63 of 110 Old 08-08-2003, 10:15 PM - Thread Starter

hard morning turned into a pretty good day. saintly dh took the rest of the day off to help with e. in the afternoon, we went and picked up our csa farm produce, then went and picked up a food donation for a meeting tomorrow (our local chapter of attachment parenting international) - a huge 3'x2' box of pastries - and then went to the co-op and got a ton of yummy food. lots of convenience foods for e - mac'n'cheese, toaster waffles, yogurt push ups, etc. all organic mind you! hee hee. we also got a whole chicken and some mashed potatoes for dinner...so we came home and pigged out.

hee hee on poking your belly to get babe to move! i usually try eating some fruit or something else sweet...that usually does the trick. tonight i had a piece of cake and the babe went bonkers in there. oh, and raisnettes always work too!

and hey, did i mention we ordered a KING SIZED BED yesterday? knowing that its on its way makes me feel better too. dd has been sleeping with us again and we want to keep it open to her if she wants to sleep there...so we decided we'd better get a bigger bed before the babe comes. i'm so excited. its a natura, made from all natural materials. gaiam/real goods sells them...but we found one elsewhere for over $500 less. woo hoo!

okay, time for bed. have a great weekend everyone!
#64 of 110 Old 08-08-2003, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

shanetedissac - maybe we'll have to get an extra too to add to the king??? we've been sleeping all three of us (6'4", 220 lb dh, pg me, and dd...and sometimes the 100 lb dog) on our full xlong. very cozy, to say the very least! i'm hoping that the new bed will help us all get more sleep.
#65 of 110 Old 08-09-2003, 12:58 AM

Marasupial
Glad your day got better. Mine did to for the most part. Took the kids to the fair to see the animals and then came home and went swimming and then rushed off to in-laws for dinner. Dh is at an all nighter for the youth group and I am sitting in bed playing with his lap top (forgive the typos)...this is definitely different. I must say that laying in bed with the puter is the greatest..hehe..Certainly more comfortable. The keyboard is squished though. Dad is in a parade tommorrow and I am supposed to take the kids to it....lol...another long day. Oh well....I am really hormonal and sappy today. Think I am just tired. I was really uncomfortable all evening...think my hips are out....

I don't know how you guys sleep with kids in bed with you all the time...i could handle one but no more....too squishy and my kids kick tons..dd had her feet in my back all night..I am surprised I slept at all. Might explain the hips though..I didn't move much all night, last night.

Well I suppose I should go to bed. Have a great weekend ladies.
#66 of 110 Old 08-09-2003, 08:48 AM

I'm not sure how I get any sleep with kids either. I definetly get less! My younger one likes to sleep right next to us. His head has to touch my head and most of the time he slams it down on the pillow. *ouch* My older just wines if he feels there is not enough room or if him brother is in the way. Last night I tossed and turned so much. I've been waking up when daybreak is and everyday I think, I should get up and do thinkgs without anyone else up. I've have yet to get up yet before the others

After baby comes I will most likely be sleeping in the boys room on their queen with the baby. With our second I did end up leaving our room most of the time at night to take care of the baby and move about. The hard part will be getting the boys back into their room after the baby gets older. :

Shane - Homeschooling mom to three boys (12, 1-, 8) and living the open life with my husband.

#67 of 110 Old 08-09-2003, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Had an interesting NST yesterday... I was having contractions, *I* couldn't feel them, but they were picking them up on the monitor 20-30 seconds long every minute! My doctor came and checked me (my GOODNESS thats NOT comfy!), no action down below and was unconcerned, since I couldn't feel them... says they wouldn't stop labor if it happened now (which is a little early, I thought they'd stop it prior to 36 weeks). Well I had a glass of water (started the test at 7:30 am, so didn't have time to really drink before) and it slowed down the contractions to one every 4 minutes or so. My blood pressure readings were fine too, and my doctor said "well maye yesterday was a fluke" but he still wants me to do the NST this often...

But now I'm supposed to be doing limitied activites. No vacumming, only doing standing activities for 20 minutes at a time before a break, no lifting more than 15 lbs, ect... fun fun since TODAY is the lovely shower I'm having to throw myself (that now my Dh can't go to because he's stuck working, so I have no clue who's cooking for us today), and we're moving in 6 days!

Lisa, mama to Orion (7) , Fiona Star (born sleeping @ 38wks 12/6/08) , our bitty (m/c 7/27/09) , and Charlotte Athena (11/5/10)
#68 of 110 Old 08-09-2003, 02:05 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Anyone else having back cramping problems? Sometime I feel like I'm having menstrual cramps, but then I usually end up with diarrhea. I keep thinking it is bowel related, but sometimes I wonder because I used to mistake one for the other when I was getting my period. And sometimes the back cramping comes on during a walk or after I am done walking.
#69 of 110 Old 08-09-2003, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by anabean
no, but seriously. i too freak out about this-- too much for my own good. i've been about to call the doc's office like 4 times since the third tri started. sometimes she's so active all day long, it feels great!

then all of a sudden she just stays still for hours at a time. i seriously get worried-- hyperventilation, crying spells, the lot. :
Oh wow, this sounds just like the way I was when I was pregnant with my first. I called the doctor, then had my husband call because I was embarrassed and I was at work and it was hard to call. I used to go and sit down in private and shake my belly and talk to it, trying to get her to move. For some reason this time around, I have none of that anxiety. I am supposed to be keeping track of movements on a kick count log, and it says if it takes longer than 5 hours to feel 10 kicks, call the doctor. Well, the other day it took something like 12 hours but I wasn't worried at all, partially because I think I probably just wasn't noticing the movements since I was so busy. The weird thing is I still have a lot of anxiety, but it is about my daughter. She sleeps in her own room, and I keep worrying that something is going to happen to her, we'll have a fire, she'll choke herself on her sheets, someone will climb in her bedroom window and get her. Maybe I'm just displacing my feelings of anxiety.
#70 of 110 Old 08-09-2003, 09:36 PM

Back cramps...do you think they are braxtion hicks? Can you have those in the back? I was really uncomfortable last night with back/hips pain..just figured it was my hips out of place or the baby sitting funny.

Lisa_Lynn....glad you aren't going into labor yet....that would be a little scary.
#71 of 110 Old 08-10-2003, 02:42 AM

I don't really know what Braxton-Hicks feel like, to tell you the truth. I didn't have them with my first, and I haven't noticed them much this time. But maybe that is what they are. Or maybe it is just general achiness related to the bowels.
#72 of 110 Old 08-10-2003, 12:53 PM

I just registered on this site, but I'm 32 weeks pg as of 08/13. And I had to comment on 2 things:

1. Leg cramps! Mine are horrible! DH says I get an Academy Award everytime. For awhile he changed my name to Meryl, as in Streep.

2. Weight gain. I was about 10 pounds underweight when I got pg. I'm over 6 feet tall and weighed in at 148. At my last appointment 4 weeks ago, I weighed 187. I just about died. I couldn't believe I had already gained 40 pounds. My poor doc, Ijust cried and cried, so that appointment was pretty much pointless:.

I'm so ready to have this baby boy. I have a feeling he's going to be a big one. It's my first, and I'm praying he comes early. I've even changed my EDD to 09/24 instead of 10/08. October is so far away!!!!

Happy Sunday!

Karen
#73 of 110 Old 08-10-2003, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

morning mamas! no sleep here lately. e has been back in our bed, which is fine, only there's no room and i'm hot and the baby is moving like crazy and then i start thinking about things like:

"what we really need is a fleece liner for the car seat...did i pay that one bill?....i need to make some compress stuff for labor...i wonder if the doughnut shop is open...i wish my mom lived closer...why is there war?...how am i going to handle having two kids...i wonder if the new bed shipped yet?..."

you get my point...anyway, i'm not sleeping! last night, i woke up at 3:30 and couldn't get back to sleep until 6:30. in the meantime, i ordered that fleece car seat liner and worked on stuff for the volunteer stuff i do, checked email, picked out some books online for a friend's son's bday, etc. too bad i didn't feel like cleaning, or the house would be uber clean now! this is nesting???
#74 of 110 Old 08-10-2003, 02:20 PM

Welcome, Karen! Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Mamarsupial, I'm laughing at your description...I do the same thing some nights. Lately I've been so exhausted, however, that I just fall back asleep even when I wake up. It's nice for a change. I try not to turn my brain on in the middle of the night, but sometimes I just can't help it. Then I start to think about my childhood and reminisce, or think about the type of parent my parents were, or I worry about my daughter in her own room.

OK, I just have to say that I don't quite get the whole leg cramp thing. It sounds like those of you who are suffering have them just come on constantly. Is there anything you are doing when it happens, or is it at night while you sleep? The only way I can get them if is I deliberately point my toe as hard as I can, pressing my foot into the floor and concentrate on really contracting that muscle to get it to go into a cramp. As soon as I even start to relax the leg from that position, the cramp starts to go away. I wonder why this is? Normally I can get a good foot cramp going if I curl up my foot as hard as I can, but lately even that hasn't been possible. I used to induce foot cramps while nursing when the sensation of nursing was really bugging me, but I guess the oxytocin helped with getting the cramp going. Lately I've been having restless leg problems, so sometimes inducing leg cramping helps with that. Maybe I need more prostaglandins in my body, or something.
#75 of 110 Old 08-10-2003, 02:35 PM

Sleep whats that

I haven't slept more than an hour at a time four about the last month, between the hip pain and trips to the bathroom, I can't get any sleep. Then you throw in some contractions, some moving, then no contractions and moving and forget it.

Dh and I have started to get ready for this new little bab, just a few more weeks to go.

Mom to ds 9 dd 7 : and dd 3/08 : if I can I go to
#76 of 110 Old 08-10-2003, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

somehow knew i wasn't the only one...and while i wish sweet, blissful dreams for all of us these last weeks, i'm glad to know i'm not alone. now, tonight, instead of thinking about bills and laundry while i'm elbowed by babies inside and out, i'll be thinking of each of you!!! i have the feeling that some of these movin' & shakin' babes will be coming soon.

this morning we moved our bedroom around, putting our bed where we are planning to put the new bed when it arrives, to get a feel for how things will be. its wonderful. i think our room will actually end up feeling bigger with the bigger bed and new arrangement, believe it or not.

no nap today. dd is sitting beside me watching 'fantasia' on her computer. dh is out in the garage making soap.
#77 of 110 Old 08-10-2003, 06:40 PM

I'm going stir crazy all cooped up in my little apartment. DH and I were planning on spending the whole day at the mall (the AC there is free, it saves on our electric bill) to escape the heat, but by the time I was done with breakfast it was 110 F! (44 C for you Canadians who love being pregnant in summer. )

Blood pressure: In the A&P class I took last year this was one of my professor's pet peeves. He made sure everyone in the class (and about half the class were nursing majors I think) knew how to take vital signs correctly--in two semesters we had three labs on it. He's done research on accuracy in measurement of various types of BP machines and thermometers. You're right about the cuff size being fitted correctly being important. And I can't BELIEVE they actually measured you for an important medical reason and relied on a forearm measurment! Forearm measurement isn't accurate at all because the arteries are muscular rather than elastic and too far from the heart. The most accurate way to do a blood pressure measurement is manually, not with an automatic machine, and they shouldn't pump you up as hard as they often do--the best way is to listen to the arteries at the elbow while pumping up until it gets loud and then just stops, then backing off and when doing the regular systolic/diastolic only pumping to about 15 mmHg above where the sounds stopped to keep from squeezing your arm too hard.

Another thing is, just having a nurse or doctor (white coat) taking the BP can raise it like 15 points systolic for some people. Also you should have been at rest for 5 minutes and you shouldn't talk or be talked to while the measurement is being done, as activity (even talking) can elevate blood pressure.

Next time they tell you they trust the machine, insist they have someone competent take your blood pressure instead

Regarding leg cramps: I was getting those, then I started doing calf stretches, especially before bed, and haven't had problems with them since. If when I wake up and tense/stretch a little at night, I always make sure I flex my toes upward instead of downward to stretch the calves and keep them from being tempted to cramp up. That took a little bit of practice as before my habitual tendency was to point my toes when doing a whole-body cat-stretch in bed.

I've been getting quite a bit of hip pain. On days when I'm cooped up like this and can't go for a walk, I find making excuses for myself to go up and down the stairs helps, as does sitting in the rocking chair with my feet planted on the floor and rocking.

Has anyone else still had wierd food cravings/fixations? I've been fixing myself pancakes almost every day for a couple of months now! It's only when I ran out of soymilk to put on my cereal that I started making them for breakfast, I just started adding a serving of cereal (fortified and all that) to the pancake mix. DH thinks it's a little crazy, but then he barely eats anything lately. His mother treated us to Mexican last week, I was full so had a light meal about an hour later than normal, he just didn't eat for four days afterward (just drank a lot of water).

breastfeeding, babywearing, homeschooling Heathen parent to my little Wanderer, 7 1/2 , and baby Elf-stone, 3/11!

#78 of 110 Old 08-10-2003, 06:52 PM

amywillo...
my leg cramps come on suddenly usually, while I am sleeping...I just catch them before they get too bad and pull my toe as close to my calf as I can stretching the muscle...seems to work..if I catch it in time.

It is hot here too...am ready for fall...my water bill went up $30 between June and July..trying to keep the stupid grass green...

Not too many cravings here..I don't like to eat..my mouth does but I hate to cook right now..tis too hot and nothing sounds good...lol Maybe I have just become lazy..not sure...I would rather not cook at all though...:

I am not sleeping much either..not sure if it is kids or me..lol I need to start getting things ready..but don't want to spend the money...argh...must get new bras...mine have about had it.
#79 of 110 Old 08-10-2003, 07:57 PM

Hey Lisa Lynn, sounds like we're in similar situations. Are you having any other preterm labor signs, like increased discharge, gas cramps, lower back aches, etc? I'm hoping I haven't dialated more, but I'll have to wait till next week to find out. How many wks are you? Has baby dropped yet? I'm just trying to stay horizontal so that she doesn't engage, she's pretty close, and I find that any activity makes my contractions start, so I stay still most of the time. And yeah, drink lots of water. Also, my mw gave me something called Carry On to relax my uterus to prevent contractions.
#80 of 110 Old 08-10-2003, 09:45 PM

Hey all, Let's see if i can catch up to all the threads...

We have a son who will be 3 on 9/9... new baby girl due 9/5

No to nosebleeds, never even heard of that!! But, my allergies have been terrible this preg... and can't breath at all, tottally carrying high and out front, opposite of last one, all butt and hips!!

I've gained 45/50 lbs this time, 70 last time, although i lost it all in first 3-4 months post pardum!

Hot flashes also a new experiience for me!! This summer has been horribly hot here in the northeast!! Tottally uncomfortable, back pain, pressure, can't sleep EVER!! Wake up at 4am or 5am and can't return to sleep...

Was very energetic this whole pregnancy, but suddenly in the past 2 weeks have gotten soooo tired, and even needing to nap in the day... not always easy w/my son!!

My husband has been INCREDIBLY wonderful!! Cooks, cleans, plays w/our son, everyday before and after he leaves for work... I couldn't ask for a better husband!!

Thanks for letting me share, i'm loving this site!!! I'm due in 3 1/2 weeks and hoping i go anytime!! I've been feeling a lot of cervix pressure and stretching in that area too... i'm hoping that means i'm effacing!!

CTMOMOF2 - Tracey
SAHM to AJ 9/9/00, expecting baby girl on or hopefully before 9/5/03, wife to Daddy... family bed, drug-free birth, nursed the first not long enough!!
#81 of 110 Old 08-11-2003, 12:12 AM

Thanks for the info Ravin. I was doing some reading around and saw the forearm measurements aren't correct, so I won't let anyone do that anymore. They do have me doing my blood pressure at home, but the freaking cuff gets so tight that the place where the metal bar touches my skin leaves red dots that don't go away (at least haven't in 2 days) and it HURTS and my fingers go numb. I tell the perinatal service people who call for my pressure this and they let me lower the pressure down to 170, its helped a tiny bit, but still I know it shouldn't HURT to take it... : But I don't want to ignore it either... and this is with the large cuff...

Mamaley, I've been getting gassy, or gas cramps in the evening here and there for the past few days... *Almost* 35 weeks (wens)... I'm not sure if he's engaged, they don't say that, they've said he's "in the pelvis" and "way down low in your pelvis" which sounds like engaged to me since 32 weeks. I'll specifically ask on tuesday to get a clear answer. If he is engaged I do wonder how big/long he is already because I can tell he's way up in my ribs too, and the person running the NST's (a nurse? I don't know her title) did an ultrasound (for fluid) and said that he's "way down in my pelvis" AND "way up high in my ribs". So if he's already engaged he's gotta be LONG since I'm having no relief in the squished rib situation. Yup on the water situation, I'm doing my best (but geeeeeez lots of water AND bladder pressure isn't much fun huh? :LOL), I can get in the 8 glasses ok, but should be getting in another 2-4 and that can be hard, but I'm trying!

I have my midwife appt on wensday, I need to know if this is going to move me to high risk to them and unable to birth at home. I know if my blood pressure gets too high it will, but I don't know what too high is to them. I also want to see what they take my blood pressure as, I trust them, they do it correctly as far as I can tell from reading (and your additional info Ravin! ). So I'm trying to be really open with wherever I need to be, and not let it get me down if I need to go to the hospital, but of course if it comes to that I'll be bummed...

The shower went well Did WAY too much to get it done (basically on my feet for 2 days), but a bunch of my friends showed up to set up, cook, ect... I'm REALLY glad that the woman who was originally going to throw it wasn't there, I know she had spent at least $100 on decorations, and I ended up spending $170 on the stuff I got, doing it cheap, so I know she would have spent an additional $200-$300 and I did not get $400 in presents, she would have been PISSED. I'm quite happy with what I got, especially the handmade baby blanket! So pretty! And it was a WONDERFUL time, which was all I expected from it, so I got what I wanted! I was so happy that my friends all pitched in so quick, and did so much at the last moment for me. Made me feel very loved.

My MIL is throwing another shower this month, and I won't know anyone there, but they all have $$$$ so I suppose I'll probably get more gifties then (at least the carseat, and that is really all I super NEED that's pricy).

Lisa, mama to Orion (7) , Fiona Star (born sleeping @ 38wks 12/6/08) , our bitty (m/c 7/27/09) , and Charlotte Athena (11/5/10)
#82 of 110 Old 08-11-2003, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ravin
and they shouldn't pump you up as hard as they often do--the best way is to listen to the arteries at the elbow while pumping up until it gets loud and then just stops, then backing off and when doing the regular systolic/diastolic only pumping to about 15 mmHg above where the sounds stopped to keep from squeezing your arm too hard.
Yes, this bothers me. The younger, heavyset nurse doesn't pump me up hard at all, but the older thinner nurse does. She tells me the number without me asking, though, so I like that. But when she really tightened that cuff and said, "Good, 110/70", I wanted to ask why she pumped me up so hard.

Quote:

Regarding leg cramps: I was getting those, then I started doing calf stretches, especially before bed, and haven't had problems with them since.
I think that is why I don't get them. I usually stretch out in the pool, or after my treadmill episodes. But it's getting harder to take walks--I feel pain more now. I didn't have that problem with my first pregnancy. And I have to pee a lot! Like every hour sometimes, for a period of 2 or 3 hours. This might be normal, but it wasn't like this with my first. I think everything is definitely saggier now.
#83 of 110 Old 08-11-2003, 01:04 PM

Wow - I miss a short time on the boards and a new thread and 5 pages later....moving right along!

Lets see if I can catch up (probably not - I'm moving really slow...)

Leg cramps - not too bad except for my right leg. I chalk this up to the massive ligament tear I had last November in that ankle (nearly needed surgery to reattach). Also, the right ankle is the only part of my body that swells - it looks like I have a sausage ankle - not pretty but goes away with some extra water and a few minutes of ice. I found for the calf cramps doing a few minutes of foot flexes (pulling toes back towards my head, not pointy toes) really helps keep the cramps away or at least to a minimum. So far only one cramp I would actually call a charley horse, where I've had to force my foot flat on the floor to break the cramp.

What else, gas - well I fart all the time anyhow so who knows. Plus we have two dogs so I can always blame them! I have noticed I burp more which doesn't seem odd since my stomach has less room now.

Heartburn - only if I have something sugary on an empty stomach (ugh drank a Snapple Ice tea on an empty stomach and though I was going to die!). Learned my lesson there.

Weight gain - I'm up 14lbs from pre-preg weight, which I can't figure out becuase I eat like a horse. Go figure.

No nosebleeds, no nausea, no hot flahses, no nothing ( a little freaky to me - I would have expected some symptoms by now) but lots of baby movement. Oh but I do have to pee all the time, like every 30 minutes. My bladder has become a trampoline. He is very low and constantly bumping to my bladder. At least I can still sleep through the night without getting up to pee but by 6 am - get out of my way!!!!!

Saw the midwife this morning, 29 weeks yesterday, measuring 27. He's still a little to small to tell which parts are which, but when he's active, I can tell you where his feet are! Everything is good, now we move onto the every two week appointments. Feeling good even in the humidity. Made the mistake of mowing the lawn yesterday (we actually saw sun for a little while after over a week of raim) - I'm pooped today (and my butt muscles hurt!). So glad I have the day off from work - going to get my hair cut then take a nap.

Have a good day ladies! I can't believe we're getting so close!!!!!
#84 of 110 Old 08-11-2003, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Regarding leg cramps: I was getting those, then I started doing calf stretches, especially before bed, and haven't had problems with them since. If when I wake up and tense/stretch a little at night, I always make sure I flex my toes upward instead of downward to stretch the calves and keep them from being tempted to cramp up. That took a little bit of practice as before my habitual tendency was to point my toes when doing a whole-body cat-stretch in bed.
God I wis tht worked for me... I've been dogin that and everythign else youare SUPPOSED to doto combat leg cramping but nothign helps - when I flex the other direction I get WORS cramps that pull all the muscles runnign the other directin in my legs.. it's the worst pain I've ever had and it happens at least 4-6 times per night. I'm ready to die my entire body feels leik it' aone long muscle cramp 24/7 now becuas ethe pain fromteh leg cramps so often is sto intense.

I jsut really want to have this baby soon... Midwife cleared em for home so long as I make it until next monday.. looks liek it will be sometime in the next 2-3 weeks - probably not after sept 1st. Fien with me.. I'm ready..

Morrigan has dropped and I'm already dilating and effacing more than I did this early with my other two kiddos so with luck I'll be done soon!

Blessigns to everyone!
#85 of 110 Old 08-11-2003, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

leg cramps: i've had some too. here's my not-so-miracle cure. when i wake up, and i need to stretch i flex my feet back instead of point my toes. i also eat at least one banana a day, and drink as close to a gallon of water or tea as i can.
#86 of 110 Old 08-11-2003, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mamarsupial
drink as close to a gallon of water or tea as i can.

really?! how do you manage? i'm lucky if i can get in a quart a day. i just have no desire to drink, no thirst... and i'm peeing all the time as it is. am i really depriving my body?
#87 of 110 Old 08-11-2003, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mamarsupial
leg cramps: i've had some too. here's my not-so-miracle cure. when i wake up, and i need to stretch i flex my feet back instead of point my toes. i also eat at least one banana a day, and drink as close to a gallon of water or tea as i can.
Yeah - I'm doign that too.... 1.5 gallons of water daily EVERY DAY - I get my potassiium in the form of supplements becuase the amoutn in bananas is so negligible compared to the sugar in it - I can't take that much sugar.

Nothign is helping even a littel bit...........
#88 of 110 Old 08-12-2003, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mommy StormRaven
Yeah - I'm doign that too.... 1.5 gallons of water daily EVERY DAY
Maybe you are drinking too much water? Sorry, I really don't have any advice. Have you tried stretching your calves regularly, as much as you can, to try and get used to the stretching? It takes a while of doing it to get the extra flexibility, I think.

Here are some links I found, but I don't know how helpful it is: http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pre...ealth/250.html

http://www.digitalnaturopath.com/cond/C466089.html

http://www.postgradmed.com/issues/20..._legcramps.htm
#89 of 110 Old 08-12-2003, 09:17 AM

Hi all - I haven't been posting much here, but I have been reading along. I also can't believe we are all so close now! I'm 36 weeks tomorrow...unbelieveable, really.

I was just wondering - has anyone else stopped gaining weight? I've noticed that I haven't really put anythign on over the past couple of weeks.

Now - I've already gained a huge amount (about 40 lbs), but with my previous two pregnancies, I've continued gaining a lb a week right up to delivery - it just seems strange that I haven't put anything on recently. Anyone know if that is normal? I have heard that weight gain slows down at the end for some reason?

Anyway - it's always fun to read all the updates. Hard to believe that soon we'll be reading birth stories.
#90 of 110 Old 08-12-2003, 10:19 AM

Carolyn, I read last night that it is not uncommen at this point to not gain weight. If youf have already gained 40# I wouldn't worry about it. The baby I am sure is still growing a little but this is a slow time for them. I haven't gained in a couple of weeks, for which I am thankful..hehe....I am 36wks today too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page