Sept/Oct Mamas - Aug Thread - Getting ClosER! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 110 Old 08-12-2003, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok I have been unable hold any food down for just under 24 hrs...flu has been going around but other then puking and being tired I show no other signs... Mom thinks I should be worried about it...I am not...any ideas?

Everyone else in my family has been sick and Tristan is still sick.....
#92 of 110 Old 08-12-2003, 02:17 PM

I gained 70 with the first, and at the last 4 weeks of that pregnancy, i lost a pound or two each week...
I've gained like 45 or so with this one, and only gained 1/2 lb this past week... My doctor said it is normal to loose a couple of pounds in the last couple of weeks.... Plus i've read that here and there too... 40 pounds is plenty, i wouldn't worry at all...
#93 of 110 Old 08-12-2003, 03:13 PM
Banned

I've gained thirty-five pounds so far. I don't mind it, but my midwife seemed to so then it made me upset, but I still don't think it's that bad. At my last appt, she said the baby is about four and a half to five pounds.

This Friday will be thirty-six weeks. Thirty-six! I can't believe it. Physically, I'm doing pretty good but I still have some complaints: my joints hurt, I pee too much, I get neckaches when I sleep. The baby is still very active and I get kicked HARD on occasion. Sometimes I feel like s/he's pushing my hips apart with his/her hands.

Tonight I'm going to a breastfeeding class at the hospital. Dh is going to start painting the baby's room this week and we can start decorating. Baby is going to sleep with us, but we both want to have a room for him/her anyway.

Nesting instinct is kicking in. My house feels so dirty! It's not so bad, though, cause Dh has it, too. He says he needs to mop the baby's room two more times. Yesterday I washed all my baby clothes again, even though I washed them maybe a month or two ago and I haven't touched them since then (after I sorted all of them). I am nervous about having everything ready, so we go to Target a lot.
#94 of 110 Old 08-12-2003, 04:36 PM

Thanks for the reassurance. It's nice to know CTMomof2, that you actually lost over the last few weeks. I know I've gained loads (all my friends are always horrified at my pregnancy weight gain, although it all comes off afterwards without too much bother), but it's a novelty for me to stop gaining weight at any point during pregnancy!

I'm so sorry to hear that you are not feeling well, Rachael - I would just make sure I drank lots of water. I guess there isn't that much else you can do? I don't ever remember being sick when pregnant...

Hope you feel better soon.

Apple, I've just started sorting out baby clothes today - most things were washed before I put them away, thankfully, but I do have a pile of things with stains on them that I was going to run through a hot wash to see if I could do anything about them.

Poor third baby...not a new thing in sight! Ah, well - if it's a boy, that will all change (and if it's a girl...poor, poor thing, with things that have been handed down twice)...
#95 of 110 Old 08-12-2003, 11:41 PM

Anybody else having problems keeping their emotions in order? By the time evening rolls around, I have no patience for anything!! I had my mw appt today and that's a five hour round trip. I called my DH and reminded him TWICE to put the diapers in the dryer so Madelyn would have something to wear to bed. He did not. So I get home, not a clean diaper in site and find all of them still in the washer, soaking wet.

I kinda lost it.....b a d. I screamed and yelled at my poor 7 yo dd and that made my 19 mo dd start bawling. So I started crying too. It has not been a good night. To top it all off, DH is on 12 hour graveyard shifts. 6pm to 6am. So he is no help at all with the kids. He did go and buy a bag of sposies for me to put on the baby tonight, but really, couldn't he have just put the diapers in the dryer? I'm so exhausted and worn down from having Madelyn all day with no help and no brake. She didn't even nap at all today, so I've been going since 6am when she woke.

I just want to crawl in a cave and disapear forever. Forget this baby coming, I want to be alone.

On a plus note, I had my glucose and hemogloben tests today. Passed both with flying colors and my bp was 118/70. I'm happy about all of that. And had my due dates moved AGAIN. My mw expects me to deliver sometime around the latter part of Septemter instead of the first week of August. We don't really know when I got pregnant. I was on the patch and didn't have a period in January. We have just been going by the ultrasound and how I've been measuring. But for the past 3 appts, I've been measureing 3-4 cm bigger than my weeks, so she decided to adjust my due date. Whatever!! Kaitlyn will come when she is ready.
#96 of 110 Old 08-13-2003, 12:26 AM

33 weeks today!
Sabrin, around the 29th week or so (and the weeks around that!) I had a horrible temper with my son. I felt so bad, I wasn't myself at all. It's calmed down some, thank goodness. I would rather be weepy any day than have a temper...although being weepy is no fun either. I hope that passes...take care of your needs, and remember that it will pass. Hormones are a pain.

Carolyn, my mw said to not be suprised if I don't gain weight during this month because that can be typical, especially if you've been having higher gain months recently.

Anabean, about water--I am learning that dehydration can have really ill effects on the pregnancy, like preterm labor. I'm experiencing this and I was making an effort to drink lots, but wasn't getting enough. Granted, it's over 100 here, but it's so important...you might want to consider carrying a bottle around with you at all times and sip on it often.

My heartburn is acting up again! It bothered me in the second trimester, and now it's back.

I think that I'm carrying a future Virgo rather than a Libra--I have become an avid list maker. Then again, that could have to do with boredom. Thinking about the possibility of going into labor earlier than I expected has made me realize that I have *a lot* to do.
#97 of 110 Old 08-13-2003, 05:08 AM

Sabrin, I can relate on the temper front - my patience is practically non-existent somedays. My poor little dd1 told me the other day, 'Be happy with me, Mommy'. So I am making more of an effort - but it's hard when you are 8 months pregnant, hormonal, and now I have a cold on top of it all....

Sigh...I'd forgotten how tiring third trimester pregnancy can be (especially with two other children you are still responsible for).
#98 of 110 Old 08-13-2003, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

sabrin wrote:

Quote:
Anybody else having problems keeping their emotions in order? By the time evening rolls around, I have no patience for anything!!
oh yea. in the last two weeks, i've lost my temper three times with dd. honestly, i've never felt like i'd lost it before this. i could get mad or frustrated or even angry, but not to the point where i felt like i had lost control. the first time was 2 weeks ago, i really LOST it. i was trying to squat and put groceries away in the crisper drawer. dd ran up to me and jumped onto my back, grabbing my neck and my shirt and nearly choking me. i asked her twice to let go and she then hopped onto my back, tipping us both over onto the floor. it really hurt and i YELLED at her at the top of my lungs. "STOP IT! JUST STOP IT!" it scared all of us (me, dd, dh) since i never raise my voice. it was the first time i ever yelled at her in her 2 years of life. two times later in the week, i also felt like i was losing my temper, but moved to a different room before i lost it completely. friday morning dd threw her plate of pancakes at me, and i had to leave the room and go cry on the stairs. saintly dh took the day off.

solution? - i'm taking my b-complex vitamin twice a day now, getting whatever rest i can, and trying to have ANY expectations about the day. dd hasn't been napping, so instead of hoping for one, i'm trying to just assume she won't nap and that has helped me keep my temper in control when she doesn't nap. a nightly backrub from dh has also helped.

mamapenelope - wow, you must have LOTS of room! we debated about just getting a queen, but figured we might as well go all out if we're spending the money anyway! i can't wait. we're getting a natural latex and wool bed that supports w/o coils...and i swear now i can feel each and every coil in our old mattress.

cobluegirl - how are you feeling????

mamaley wrote:

Quote:
I think that I'm carrying a future Virgo rather than a Libra--I have become an avid list make
sounds like a virgo to me! hee hee. i'm a virgo and tend to be pretty organized (although you'd never know it looking at the current state of our house...the place is a mess!). my lil bro is a libra and is very mellow and sweet.

weight: lemme go check...about 45 lbs so far! give or take breakfast and clothing. i gained about that much with dd, but was also 30 lbs heavier when i became pregnant with her (i gained a lot the summer we were trying to get pregnant - 'better not skip breakfast, might be pg! can't skip lunch, might be pg!' you get the idea). so i'm officially over 200 now! woo hoo! now if i can just keep from weighing more than 6'4" dh!
#99 of 110 Old 08-13-2003, 11:15 AM

Me too... me too.... my temper is not what it should be. I just feel so tired and uncomfortable all of the time, that anything can set me off. Then I feel guilty all of the time.
One of my biggest stresses has been sleep and how we are going to manage it with ds and the new one. Ds and I have coslept since birth. Well last night Dh got ds to sleep without me! I couldn't believe it - it went very smoothly ... no tears and took about the same time as usual. From now on he is going to put Mac to bed - I am glad, because if this baby is a total nursaholic (like Mac was), he/she will be latched on for many hours every evening and now I will feel free to just enjoy the time and not worry about getting Mac to sleep.

I am now 36 weeks. Is anyone else driving themselves crazy checking each time they go to the washroom if labour has started - I keep checking for the plug...

Emma (Hugs to all)
#100 of 110 Old 08-13-2003, 11:37 AM

I keep checking for the plug too! I'll be 37 weeks on Friday... I have soooo much discharge this pregnancy so i always think, maybe this is it!! haha Wishful thinking!!

Miserable isn't even the word!! Did any of you see my post on "Self Induction?" I'm hoping something works to get this kid out!!! I can't wait for labor... i don't care if i'm in labor for a week, i just want to get things started... my poor family w/my mood-swings and grumpyness!! Can't seem to get happy, no matter what!! I'm always yelling...

It is sooooo hot here in Connecticut!! its like high 80s and 500% humidity!!!!!! I can't seem to get cool no matter how close i stand to the air conditioners!!

Tried nipple stimulation this morning, and tried walking up and down stairs this weekend, squatting as much as i can... Bring It ON!!!

Regarding the leg cramps, Never, Never point your toes, i haven't gotten any since my last pregnancy, and i read that somewhere... if you stretch, point your toes to the air.... it works for me!!

Regarding Naps... if i nap, which i feel like i could anytime during the day, i can't sleep at night at all... if i don't nap, i at least sleep for part of the night! I haven't slept a full nights sleep in 2 months!
#101 of 110 Old 08-13-2003, 12:02 PM

Wow were a busy bunch overnight....

I am feeling better, however ds has had a temp over 101 for 2 days and I don't know about today yet..he is still sleeping..thank God. He needs it. He was absolutely miserable last night. I figure if he isn't better today I will call the ped. I hate going to the doc.

I am back down to 182 this morning which is fine with me...I am sure I will gain it back. My top weight with my first two pregs was 190 so am aiming to not go over that.

As far as losing your plug goes....I had no warning for the second pregnancy. My water broke 45 mins later we left for the hosp, an hour away, and 1.5 hrs or so after I got there I had her.

Self induction methods:
nipple stimulation
sex
black cohosh
castor oil

I think there are more but can't think of any. THey only work if your body is ready to give birth though...we jsut had the full moon so that isn't an option for anyone for another month..hehe

Anyone else taking Rasp leaf? I am hoping that will help with labor.

oh yea...does anyone have a saved list on their puter for what to take the the hosp? I can't find mine and want to make sure I don't forget anything.

I have a bad temper to start with, I am not naturally a gently mommy , so yes my hormones have been wild, my temper high, it does help having a sick kid though mellows me out..but have been really weepy. wish I could cry more actually...it would feel better as I typically am a bottler. Ds always wants to take care of me when I cry too...it is so sweet. DD has been so bored with ds being sick..she gets into everything..especially if she isn't supposed to..I don't know what to do with her. hehe

Yes it is still hot here and I have been running around in my bra and undies when not expecting company..hehe..the swamp cooler helps a little but not when it gets humid...or too hot..I left it running all night last night and the house is chilly this morning but maybe a good start on things will help the house stay cooler.

Anyone else hate to cook? I hate it right now. Tis a good thing we don't have any good places to eat out because we would be there every night...(just joking)...nothing sounds good, it is too hot, no groceries in the house, and dh is picky...lol

Well I think I have rambled enough..lol Chat at you later.
I need to go take a recent pic....am behind...
#102 of 110 Old 08-13-2003, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

RASPBERRY LEAF - i'm drinking it almost daily, mixed with a bunch of other things. i actually made two pregnancy tea blends - one for morning and one for evening.
#103 of 110 Old 08-13-2003, 05:07 PM

Howdy all you mamas!

Well, had my last sono today before giving birth and all looks good. The baby is measuring 5 pounds 15 ounces and my due date got moved back from 9/27 to 9/30. However none of that matters too much as I am still on schedule for my C on 9/18. I am officially 33 weeks and 1 day (I must be going crazy cause I swore I should be 34 weeks now...but they moved my EDD again so maybe that's why?). I am feeling VERY tired and am swelling a bit more now....I gained 8 1/2 POUNDS in ONLY THREE WEEKS! My OB thinks it is fluid so they are watching my BP and urine samples like a hawk now. Other than the bone tired weariness the only other thing I can complain about is THESE D*^& FEET! Both hurt sooo bad and ache and burn ....my right one is the worst as every time I take a step it feels like my frickin ankle is broken. It takes about 20 minutes to walk normal in the morning when I get up and I'd better be done walking and standing by about 1 pm every day or else the foot pain kicks in and every step is a killer. My two pregnancies have been pretty different although this is one of the symptoms I had with DS # 1 too.

Well my sisters and my mom threw me a shower last Saturday. It was just how I wanted it...only them and me and they threw it in one of my favorite places...a tea room.....we had sooo much fun. I did not want another traditional type shower and registering and all that crap. I did however want to celebrate this unique baby and we did. They surprised me with a Coach diaper bag....I wanted it but never would have spent that much......I cried......weird I know....I guess it was the fact that after mentioning it once a long time ago, they remembered and got it for me....that meant a lot. I have three sisters.....we are all VERY close in different ways.....I am so thankful to my parents for raising us in such a loving home.

So....we're all getting closer...some closer than others...I want all of you to know I have appreciated the opportunity to share my experiences and be able to have a spot to b*^* and moan and know all of you totally understand. I am sooo excited for all of us and am anxiously awaiting the day when I am priviledged enough to read all of your birth stories. Keep staying cool, stay off your feet, get rest, and drink those fluids! until later.........

#104 of 110 Old 08-13-2003, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
So....we're all getting closer...some closer than others...I want all of you to know I have appreciated the opportunity to share my experiences and be able to have a spot to b*^* and moan and know all of you totally understand. I am sooo excited for all of us and am anxiously awaiting the day when I am priviledged enough to read all of your birth stories. Keep staying cool, stay off your feet, get rest, and drink those fluids! until later.........
i couldn't have said it better! i know i haven't been the greatest about posting consistently, but i still feel honored to be going into the last weeks with all of you wonderful mamas. with ella, i posted on babycenter, and it because pretty clear around this time how different my thinking was about birth, motherhood, sleeping arrangements, etc. still WONDERFUL mamas, but i never felt completely at home. here, i know i can be honest about what kind of mama i am and that you are all pretty much the same! what a wonderful, comforting thing!

so, should we start a new thread soon, with the big list of due dates???? many are already full term, so its just a matter of time before that first babe is born! do folks still want to do labor buddies??? i could set up a list or something...
#105 of 110 Old 08-13-2003, 07:01 PM

I think labor buddies would be fun. I can't believe that we'll have our second birth soon (aquarianangela was the first)!
I still have sooo much to do. I cannot decide on what kind of diapers to get. We are completely new to cloth diapering, and I've done lots of research but just can't decide.
#106 of 110 Old 08-13-2003, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

where was i!? someone already had a baby! i MUST get online more i guess!

okay, i'll start an new thread with the old list. please let me know if its still accurate (i had to go back aways to find an old due date list)
#107 of 110 Old 08-13-2003, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

new thread...

http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...threadid=80397

lemme know if the list is too out of date and if we should just start a new one...
#108 of 110 Old 08-13-2003, 10:27 PM

ok am double posting this from the due date thread...

mamaley (?)

Why is fluish good? I still am having to force myself to keep food down...will do no caffeine tomorrow and see if that helps...

Oh yes pressure...I feel like all the blood is rushing to my clitoris and labia...ugh what a pain...lol

Also..where is the info about Angela and her baby? I have posted asking for info but never heard back? I wanna know...lol
#109 of 110 Old 08-13-2003, 10:47 PM

from my birthing class feeling fluish is supposed to be a sign of impending labor. Of course its not fun you're feeling icky, but maybe it means your little one will be with you soon? Hope you feel better!!

Lisa, mama to Orion (7) , Fiona Star (born sleeping @ 38wks 12/6/08) , our bitty (m/c 7/27/09) , and Charlotte Athena (11/5/10)
#110 of 110 Old 08-13-2003, 10:50 PM

hmmmm as much as I am ready...I am not sure I want to go 4 wks early...lol...and i certainly don't want to feel this way for the next 4 wks...lol Thanks for the info...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page