Do Braxton Hicks contractions show up on ultrasound? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-07-2007, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had a non-stress test on the baby today because of excess fluid, and the nurse asked me if I felt the contractions I was having. I did a little, but not in any painful way. She said they couldn't tell how strong they were without an internal monitor, so could these just be regular braxton hicks, or does it mean anything? Thanks!

Sorry not ultrasound, on the fetal monitor!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2007, 07:10 PM

K a NST and u/s are 2 different things. On the NST yes the bh would show up as little humps. On the u/s I dont see how they could see a ctx since it isnt a physical thing.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Old 11-07-2007, 08:31 PM - Thread Starter

That's right - too many machines today, the contractions were from the monitors measuring baby heart rate.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:57 PM

Yeah the NST is basicly the same machine they hook you up to moniter the baby heartbeat in labor. It definatly will show ctx but since it is external sometimes it dosnt pick them up the best and they register as small ctx when they are really not or the opposite happens and they look big but you really cant feel them.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Old 11-07-2007, 10:44 PM - Thread Starter

I had my first at 40 weeks and my second at 42, but for whatever reason I'm caught up in thinking this one might be a 37/38/39 weeker, so I'm just looking for signs. I think the problem really is that I've had all of these tests this time because of the fluid, and the other pregnancies were basically intervention free! I will be shocking a few people if I am still walking around pregnant in a month, since I look HUGE. Thanks for the info!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2JandG View Post
I had a non-stress test on the baby today because of excess fluid, and the nurse asked me if I felt the contractions I was having. I did a little, but not in any painful way. She said they couldn't tell how strong they were without an internal monitor, so could these just be regular braxton hicks, or does it mean anything? Thanks!

Sorry not ultrasound, on the fetal monitor!

User Tag List