36 weeks - Signs that labour is close.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-06-2003, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all,

Sorry to be so graphic, but I want to know if anyone else is feeling the same way.

This is my 2nd baby and my EDD is August 31st.

Just wondering if these are signs that labour is near, here are my symptoms:

- I can't sleep at night!! Last night didn't get to sleep until 4:30am

- I've been having loose bowel movements for three days now. Sometimes I go at least 4 times a day.

- My energy level is very low. I tire easily and I look very tired.

- Saw the midwife yesterday and the baby's head in engaged. :binky

What do you think? :
#2 of 7 Old 08-06-2003, 03:34 PM

DG-

Wow! I could have written that post! My due date is also Aug. 31st and I have all of the symptoms that you have. My stools have been loose for a week, but I don't think they are the same watery birth stools that I had right before my dd was born.

I am also exhausted and my babe's head is engaged. I think these are all normal late preg symptoms, but also could mean we are closer to birth than Aug. 31st! I wonder if the full moon on the 12th will take me to Laborland?

#3 of 7 Old 08-06-2003, 03:39 PM

I think it sounds promising...some of it may just be the third tri blahs BUT I know hat loose bowels are a good sign of impending labor. I'm not exactly sure why...something about the movement of the bowel mvmnt stimulates the uterus....or something like that.

I think it is safe to say that you will have a baby in the month...give or take a few weeks

Congrats!! I hope you do deliver and dont have to suffer those last few weeks...I didn't have to and I'm soooo glad that I didn't!

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
#4 of 7 Old 08-06-2003, 05:10 PM

I had prodomal labor for over a week and had loose bowels off and on the whole week. Also lost part of my plug, and baby's movements slowed way down in preparation for the birth.

Darshani

7yo: "Mom,I know which man is on a quarter and which on is on a nickel. They both have ponytails, but one man has a collar and the other man is naked. The naked man was our first president."

#5 of 7 Old 08-06-2003, 05:35 PM

Hey there...
I'll be 39 wks in two days, this is also my second. My babe's been engaged for well over two weeks now...I've been leaking for about a week now, and I'm also really tired...I'm hoping these are signs that labour is near....as for the bowel movements, yep, I'm there too...so while it could go on for another 2-3wks Lets hope, or at least I hope, it'll be soon, like this weekend....

Mamasoleil
#6 of 7 Old 08-06-2003, 06:52 PM

It seems to be a common phenomenom. Almost all the pregnant women I know seem to be having lots of early labour symptoms. I am 36 weeks and lost lots of my mucous plug already and have been having lots of contractions for weeks. They sometimes become regular, but then peter out. The baby is also quite low and I am pretty sure he/she is engaged. Lots less movement too. I don't really expect anything to happen soon, I figure I am just in for the longes pre-labour/false labour in history I guess only time will tell for sure
Laurie

#7 of 7 Old 08-07-2003, 12:48 AM - Thread Starter

I guess I'm just becoming impatient. The hot weather, sleepless nights and chasing around a 3 yo is getting to be a bit too much.

All the best to all of you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page