August Mamas welcoming their August Babes - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 92 Old 08-08-2003, 05:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kaje~I'm so sorry... First of all, most of the books I've read, say that with a second baby, the head usually doesn't engage until labour. Secondly, so what if your baby is 9lbs...for goodness sake, your body can pass that thru...our bodies are meant for birthing, does she think there weren't any 9lb babies 60 yrs ago???? My friend, who is the tiniest person I've ever met, birth a 10lb3oz baby on her couch at home...I'm telling you, she has no curves...she was able to pass the baby thru...so shit, leave it alone people, let nature do what she does best....argh...I'm so frustrated with you.
As far as you and your partner go, I think you should retry the circle tonight, bond and let go of the anger...easier said than done, I KNOW, but it has to be done...then, after the babe is here, you will have much less stress, and things will be smoother...You've had much thrown at you in the last few mts, you've been strong. Now, you're at the end, and you have to find some more strength to get thru this, and I know you'll succeed in this...

Mamasoleil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 92 Old 08-08-2003, 05:54 PM

hi
this is Soleil
my mom is letting me type

Sorry about that, Soleil's been dying to write something, so I told her which letters to hit!!
#63 of 92 Old 08-08-2003, 06:04 PM

Kaje-No matter how much you like this midwife, Do Not let their words or opinions effect your feelings about Your birth. We all know that effacement, dilation, engagement(esp for second timers), and Opinions on baby's size mean..Nothing! Hey,you could have an 11 pounder standing on your head if you wanted to! All of your"medical" tests are all coming out fine. Please don't stress! Drink lots of water, sit in the tailor pose, breathe deep, and focus on You.(and then run and go pee 106 times a day ). Sending calm vibes your way
#64 of 92 Old 08-08-2003, 07:06 PM

Hey, Mamasoleil- Just wanted to say I was thinking of you today. I had to call somewhere in Ontario to order some springs for a chair. French is such a lovely language. Ya know, to some people in Wisconsin, Canada is considered an exotic country.
#65 of 92 Old 08-08-2003, 07:30 PM

LuckyMama~
We are pretty exotic!!! :LOL
H will be home soon, and I still don't know how to act with him!!!
Kind of nervous right now to tell you the truth....
How are you doing Kaje???

Mamasoleil
#66 of 92 Old 08-08-2003, 08:11 PM
tls

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I can't keep up with all the posts

Wooby or KJ, We're having a hospital birth with CNM and doula, for the list.

I've had all the signs of oncoming labor for 3 weeks now but nothing has happened. The baby just really likes it inside there, and who wouldn't?

There are supposed to be thunderstorms here tomorrow so I'm hoping that is the little push this baby needs to come out. If not, I am hoping for the full moon. I just wish the baby comes before Sunday because the midwife I want will be going out of town then until Thursday. I suppose I could hold out until next Friday, but I really don't want to .

I'm anxious to hear August birth stories, who's going first???? Hard to believe we're already 8 days into August with no babies yet (in August I mean).
#67 of 92 Old 08-08-2003, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter

Luckymomma, you make me laugh.
You all have been so sweet.
He is so sorry.
He came home and said, "Can we connect so we can have this baby?"
He really is a good guy, right JulieM?
Anyway I am still sad etc.
And by the way I don't like any of the midwives at the moment.
My son slept 5 1/2 hours for his nap. Wow!
And........I think I want to go out for Thai Food tonite.
I have been getting a lot of support from ICAN. I am going to post one note cuz it can help all of us, induction even without a previous c-section can lead to a c-section.

Quote:
Dear Kathy Jo,

Hugs and Hugs and Hugs to you with that beautiful, happy, strong baby dancing between us in its watery home!

It is such a challenging thing to have the pressure put on at the end of a pregnancy. It happened to me and even though I knew better-- the doubt directed at me by others slowly became this increasing burden. Please let your midwives' doubt pass by you. I, personally, will not have any VEs next time because I remember the feelings caused by my back-up ob's disappointed look and tone that I didn't have much change in my cervix-----even though I knew that is what labor is for and it means NOTHING before labor. I am sorry they making something meaningless sound like it means something other than your cervix is doing exactly what it's supposed to do.

I am also so sorry that your midwives are not protecting your sacred space. The only image that I can add from the wonderful supportive posts you have already gotten is to close your eyes and imagine being talked with by midwives who were securely grounded in trusting birth. Where they might say something like, "Oh, Kathy Jo, you are doing so well. You look great, your baby looks great. That non-stress test shows you baby is strong and healthy. We are really looking forward to being with you as you birth this baby and just know that we are here for you when ever you and your baby are ready" and notice how you would feel then. Not that you need them to tell you that you are ok, but this could help separate out their stuff that they are sending to you from how *you* really feel inside.

Blessings and patience to you. So much love and faith is being sent your way.
#68 of 92 Old 08-08-2003, 09:11 PM

Yup. What she said.
#69 of 92 Old 08-08-2003, 09:36 PM - Thread Starter

Alright ladies
not as good as labor
but my brother and his pregnant wife and his 2 year old son drove up 6 hours from Omaha and showed up on my steps to cheer me up so i guess we have company for Thai food. I have been crying. They are so sweet. Maybe this will make the baby come.
I am happy. I just love my brother Frank.
#70 of 92 Old 08-08-2003, 10:28 PM

opps! double post
#71 of 92 Old 08-08-2003, 10:29 PM

Kaje~ Hang in there honey! I have a friend who is such a small woman and homebirthed a 12 pounder with no tears! YOU CAN DO THIS! Try not to focus on your mw words, focus on the truth inside you. So far, nothing they have said can deter you from your goal. So glad your dh is being a dear, again! Enjoy your brother this weekend...
Mamasoleil~ Former teacher in me but I have to say "Bravo Soleil" for knowing her letters well enough to type what you said! Such a smart 4 year old!
Tls~ Thanks for your birth info.! Wishing you labor along with those thunderstorms. Let's all hope for labor with the full moon!

User Name, Arrival Date, Other info:
Seagan, Leo George 7/9, 5 lbs
Colorful Mama, Roman Thomas (Romy), vbac 7/24, 7lbs 2.2oz, 19 1/2" long
Birdwomyn, Samuel James Bird, 7/25, 6lbs 3 ozs, 19 1/4" long
Nostrow, Annika Paige, 7/30, 6 lbs 14 oz, 19"

User Name, Due date, Other info.:
traixa2-Aug. 4 CNM attended hosp.birth
Lucky Momma-Aug. 6 Hospital VBAC
Juliem-Aug. 6 Home waterbirth
TLS-Aug. 6 Hospital Birth w/ CNM and Doula
Kaje62-Aug. 8 Hospital VBAC w/ midwives
Mavis-Aug. 9 Happy Hospital Birth
natesmommy126-Aug. 10
Willow Tree-Aug. 11
laurag-Aug. 11
Emah-Aug. 11
Sharon-Aug. 13 Birth Center Birth
maizy-Aug. 13
Annais-Aug. 15 Hospital Birth w/ midwives
JuicyLucy-Aug. 15
Mamasoleil-Aug. 15 home waterbirth
ApMommaof5-Aug. 16
Tnrsmom-Aug. 17 Home Waterbirth
RachelMolly Aug. 17 Homebirth
Kate42-Aug. 17
Smeta-Aug. 18 Waterbirth
Lilg127- Aug. 21
Isaiah's Mama- Aug. 21
Mamabeard-Aug. 23 Homebirth
Pavlina-Aug. 24 Homebirth
Dreamweaver-Aug. 24 home waterbirth
mpls_momma-Aug. 24 Home waterbirth
Chanley-Aug. 29
skye's mama-Aug. 29
Wooby- Aug. 31 Homebirth

#72 of 92 Old 08-08-2003, 10:34 PM

yay, kaje! glad you're day is turning out so much better!

today was a great day for me too! had my midwife appointment and she did an internal exam and is "99.999% sure" the baby's head is down!! yay yay yay. i am so relieved about that. she also says it's probably 7 pounds already! (there was some concern because i guess my son was "too small" at 6 and a half.. *shrug*)

so a friend and i celebrated a bit, and i rented 5 really good movies for the next few days. i'm gonna take it easy and enjoy these last days..

happy day to all!
#73 of 92 Old 08-08-2003, 11:03 PM

I think I just lost part of my mucous plug. Is it possible to only lose a part of it? It didn't seem big enough to be the whole thing but it was definitely something. So I guess that means I may go into labor soon or could still have weeks left - don't you just love all this waiting and wondering!!??
#74 of 92 Old 08-09-2003, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter

MamaBeard that is wonderful news. Are you still having the US?

Laurag, I have heard you can lose part of your plug. And I think Nat has been saying that too. Nat how is the dh anyway?

I am so much happier with everything tonite. I like my brother. We ate vietnamese, walked the rose garden and down to the lake. Then we went and ate ice cream and then my brother and I walked home. So I am a walkin. We co-sleep so sex with my brother here may be a problem.
#75 of 92 Old 08-09-2003, 03:00 AM

so it really is a FAMILY bed, huh? just kiddin..

that's great that you had such a nice walk.. sounds really peaceful. i walked for a while for the first time in about a week today, alone. i've been afraid to walk cuz i don't want to set off labour, and i had constant bh's, but it was sooo nice to just walk and meditate. i love walking. can't wait for falltime to walk with my new babe in the sling!!

i decided against the ultrasound.. i've always been hesitant about them (had none with my son, and 2 this time around) tho of course i'd REALLY love to see my baby at this stage of development, but i don't have long to wait, anyway.. the deciding factor was that there are typically alot of false positive problems in final trimester us's, i guess.. and i'd like to avoid any further worry.
#76 of 92 Old 08-09-2003, 08:46 AM

Mamabeard~Good call on not having the US, I wish I would have stayed clear away, they've been nothing but trouble...though thank goodness the last one showed a perfectly grown baby!
If not, I would have been induced next week!!!
Wooby~Soleil is pretty smart, if I do say so myself!!! She loves the smilies, and wanted to type, so I said sure....
Kaje~Glad things are better for you. I was pretty cold with dh last night, but then in the middle of the night, I had some pretty crazy nightmare, everytime I tried to fall back asleep, I would return to the dream (a psychopath chasing me cause I witnessed a murder: ) Anyway, dh was sleeping with Soleil, so I woke them both up and asked them to come sleep with me...we all cuddled and the nightmare went away...
So now it's early in the AM, and we're friends again.
Any news on Sharon?????
I finally found a copy of Ina May's Guide....so stoked. I'll go get it as soon as the library opens!!!

Mamasoleil
#77 of 92 Old 08-09-2003, 10:11 AM

Hope everyone had a good night's sleep.
Mamasoleil~I bet you will love Ina May's new book!
Mamabeard~Strong woman! Good for you for refusing the u/s!
Kaje~Spunds like you had a great night. My dh and I need to get back on the sex track. I do think it helps with labor... Did with dd at least, even if it was in my head! Had sex at 11pm and started contrax at 1am. She was born that day... It is worth a try!
Laurag~Good news about the plug! Aren't you excited!
#78 of 92 Old 08-09-2003, 10:38 AM

Well...Happy EDD to me !
I know for sure that I'm not having a baby today...just doesn't feel like it at all so we <my SO and myself> are celebrating today!
Movies, going out to eat (I"m looking forward to ordering dessert...) and going shopping...lots of walking around ...

I hope everyone enjoys their day!
happy thoughts and labour vibes to all...

winner.jpg  homeschool.gif familybed1.gif    happily married mom to one son jammin.gif and one daughterbiggrinbounce.gif!
#79 of 92 Old 08-09-2003, 02:52 PM

I have to jump in and say something to Kaje about what her MWs told her.
USA has the lowest birth wieght in the world and ironicly as soon as some woman's baby is actually approaching some reasonable weight - they want to tear her open and safe the baby!!
And besides - ultrasounds are so unreliable at determinating the weight!!
In Europe - 9-10 pound baby is absolutely normal thing!!
It's just driving me crazy how doctors and obviously some MWs can freak those poor women out for NO reason!
#80 of 92 Old 08-09-2003, 04:59 PM

Mavis~
Happy Due Date! Sending you lots of labor vibes!

Well, we had a super day! Had my last social commitment, walked a ton, spent time with some wonderful mamas/babes, came home and had sex with dh (I was finally in the mood! .) I am 37 weeks now and had my mind set to get through this week as it was super busy. Now, I am finished with all my outside obilgations and can focus on birthing! My mom is in town this pm and will cook, clean, and mother me and dd. I am counting on the full moon next week to swing some of us into laborland. Let's keep those labor/baby vibes flowing girls!
#81 of 92 Old 08-09-2003, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

not from me but I am excited.

JulieM posted this on the twin cities preggie thread!

Quote:
Nicholas Julien made his arrival at 4:50am today. 8 pounds, 8 ounces, 21 inches. He's adorable and his big brother is in love with him! I had off and on contractions all day yesterday, went to bed about 10pm last night having to breathe through contractions every 10 minutes. My water broke at 1:30am and contractions were every minute lasting a minute from then on. I spent some time in the shower, and my midwife and her assistant showed up about 3:30am - they told me I could get into the birth tub that was all set up, but the urge to push was too strong and I was pretty comfy on the couch (as much as you can be I guess).

It was a wonderful birth - completely different then my first. It was so fast, and the pain in hindsight was nothing in comparison to the first. Oh - big brother got a chance to swim in the pool this morning - at least someone did. Can't wait to hear the rest of the upcoming birth stories. KJ - hang in there.

Julie I am so happy for you, and a bit jealous. I wonder if Sharon's baby is here too.
#82 of 92 Old 08-09-2003, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

moving list down
#83 of 92 Old 08-09-2003, 06:07 PM

Congratulations JulieM! Such an inspiring birth story!

I am wondering about Sharon, too... Our thread is so quiet today... who else?
#84 of 92 Old 08-09-2003, 06:17 PM
tls

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm still pregnant . We went to a wading pool today and I have no clue why I haven't done that all summer long. It felt so good to just float in the water. I hated getting out! Maybe we'll go back tomorrow if it is still hot. I told DH we need to install a heated pool in our back yard but I don't think it will be ready for me during this pregnancy . Oh well.

Tomorrow is my sister's birthday. Maybe I'll give her a nice birthday present, either a niece or nephew. I'd be happy with that.

I guess I'll just plan on having this baby at the end of August. I never expected to go past my due date since dd was 2 1/2 weeks early. I guess this baby has a mind of its own! Hope you are all feeling well. Take care and happy labor vibes to you all.
#85 of 92 Old 08-09-2003, 06:27 PM

Nothing here. Went for a walk in the woods. A rather hurried walk as the mosquitoes were unbelievable. Nobody in my house is happy today. Son is throwing a huge tantrum, husband is worried about some stuff, and I'm just coasting, waiting for a twinge. Oh well, son got quiet, must see if he decided to move out.
#86 of 92 Old 08-09-2003, 06:51 PM

I went to the doc yesterday...I am 3.5 cm dilated and fully effaced, so I guess it's soon!

I *think* that I lost part of my plug (eeeewwwww!) yesterday. I'm not due for another week, but any day now I think it'll happen!

I'm starting to get panicky-scared. What if I can't handle the labor pain? What if I don't make it to the hospital in time? What if something goes tragically wrong?

Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out.

ACK, the jitters!
#87 of 92 Old 08-09-2003, 10:06 PM

TLS~I so hear you, Soleil was 3 wks early, I really thought I would be early again this time, but I guess I now get to experience a full on pg!!! I'm coming to terms with it.
Wooby~I'm so enjoying the book, so glad I got it...just in time to I think, I'll be inspired right before my son's birth story!!! Hope your sex was good!!!
I went for a walk in the woods today too, no breeze, it was disgusting, then went for a swim, which was awesome!!!
No labour here, where is Sharon???
Congrats to JulieM!!!!

Mamasoleil
#88 of 92 Old 08-10-2003, 02:22 AM

After a mere 49.5 hours (no that's NOT a typo!) of labor, we finally had our baby 8/8 at 7:30pm! It was a long hard haul, but still an AMAZING experience. Our doula and midwives were SO fantastic and John (DH) couldn't have been better support. I'll write the birth story later when I can actually sit without too much pain! (I did have three little tears...all in odd places...unfortunately, one was on my clitoris! ouch!!!) But I just can't get over how something so hard and tiring and painful can also be so fantastic and wonderful. I wish you all similar experiences...just with a few of those hours eliminated. I managed to make it through with NO interventions at all.

Here are the details... We have a beautiful daughter, much to our surprise! I was so convinced that it was a boy that when I looked, I saw the cord and was thinking "that's sure a funny looking penis!" Her name is Elena. She was 8 lbs 3.5oz. and 19.75 inches. She's absolutely perfect. I haven't slept much because I just keep looking at her!
#89 of 92 Old 08-10-2003, 03:13 AM

oh that is so great.. congratulations, sharon! wonderful birth stories are so inspiring (and tear inducing!) to read!! thankyou!

can't wait to hear the rest.. and i hope your tears heal soon .
#90 of 92 Old 08-10-2003, 04:40 AM

WOW WOW WOW - 49.5 hours!! Sharon you are amazing!! Very inspiring! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Elena in this world!!
:bf

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page