Pavlina-Aug. 24 Homebirth
Dreamweaver-Aug. 24 home waterbirth
mpls_momma-Aug. 24 Home waterbirth
Chanley-Aug. 29
skye's mama-Aug. 29
Wooby- Aug. 31 Homebirth

See less See more
#2 ·
Mamasoleil, I finally figured out why I was calling you Gloria. There is another tread I am called Pregnancy after Loss and there is a Mama whose user name is Mossback Meadow and she signs her posts Soli Deo Gloria. So part of that is similar to your user name. Does that make sense? Whats your name anyway?

#3 ·
Kaje, Would you add Dreamweaver as home waterbirth and Mamasoleil as home waterbirth? Please don't be sad. Your body CAN and WILL birth this baby vaginally! Hang in there sister!

Mamasoleil, Yippee! I would be so excited about 1.5 cm! You are on your way!
Sharon, We are all rooting for you as our first Aug. birth! Happy day!

#5 ·
Kaje, I love
what you names our new thread! Wow! Again, it is hitting me big that this baby will be in my arms in a few weeks. Maybe it is Sharon that has my mind spinning... I am just so excited!

It is 104 degrees here again today
. I am so hot! Dh wants to get away for the weekend and go camping. I would absolutely love that, but I don't think I could stand the car ride and my midwives (who are very relaxed) recommended that I not go out of town after the end of July. So, I am stuck... I hope we can go camping in the fall with both kiddos! Newborns are so portable and I want to escape this heat!

#6 ·
Kaje, I love
what you named our new thread! Wow! Again, it is hitting me big that this baby will be in my arms in a few weeks. Maybe it is Sharon that has my mind spinning... I am just so excited!

It is 104 degrees here again today
. I am so hot! Dh wants to get away for the weekend and go camping. I would absolutely love that, but I don't think I could stand the car ride and my midwives (who are very relaxed) recommended that I not go out of town after the end of July. So, I am stuck... I hope we can go camping in the fall with both kiddos! Newborns are so portable and I want to escape this heat!

#7 ·
woohoo, happy birthing, sharon!!

wooby, i totally empathize with you! today is the second day in the last month that it has not been between 95-100 degrees here. i'm really enjoying it, and hope it will last at least a few more days.

and, just so you know, i'm a homebirthing mama too!

#8 ·
Mamabeard I fixed you as a homebirth.

Wooby and I will stay on top of it

Wooby where do you live anyway?

I am in Minneapolis

I too want to camp this fall, in our great north woods

on the way to have my foot reflexology treatment.

Come on labor.

#9 ·
i just took a crap and when i was done, i look in the toilet and there is a big white goober.. just floating away. it's not mucousy, in the usual runny sense, and it's about a half a tablespoon or more. very weird! not pink, but could it be my plug?? any ideas? it's so strange..

#11 ·
Yea Sharon! You'll get the ball rolling for the rest of us!
And mamasoleil, I don't think you are too far behind, from the way it sounds! We'll all be there before we know it.
Personally I'm holding out for the 16th or so...that way my doula will be back from vacation, and I will definitely get the midwife I want.
We shall see...since I have NO prelabor symptoms AT ALL yet, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. Sigh.
Kaje and Wooby, we are doing a hospital birth with a midwife. I love your list, it's nice to see it all right there...there are a lot of us August mamas! Was November cold this year or what?
We were very busy!

So, I just want to say how proud I am of dh. He is so into AP now, it makes me wanna cry! He said our next birth will be a homebirth, he thinks waterbirth is the coolest thing, and was enthralled by an unassisted childbirth video we saw; he actually said "that was amazing". Though we both agreed that we wouldn't have the cajones to do it ourselves.
And he's talking to people about babywearing, and the family bed! One of our friends is doing CIO with their 3 month old
, and dh was like, "don't you think he'd be happy and sleeping well if he was with you at night?"(in a nice way, of course) . I was just so proud. He actually gets it! Wahoo!

Oh yeah, my midwife's appt today went great; her little heart was thumping away, and my blood pressure is good. The mw said she would do an internal next week and maybe strip those old membranes if nothing is happening. I don't want to be induced either! At least not chemically if I can help it!

Labor vibes to everyone who wants them!

I think I'm going to check in 5 times a day from now on, it's getting so exciting!

#13 ·
I've read in my clever book that homeopathicum Thuja Occidentalis may cause premature labor. So perhaps it would cause labor as well? I remember when I accidentaly took a homeopathic remedy and Thuja was in it as well (I did not noticed) I would get pretty hard contractions pretty much right away!!! Thuja is used in general for female organs support (when not pg).......so perhaps some of you wants to try it out.......

#14 ·
Kaje~my name is Nat...so very boring....

But thanks for clarifying why you were referring to me as Gloria!

Mamabeard~not too sure what that is, I never saw my plug with Soleil...so I'm of no help there!!!
Well, I had a couple of painful ctx, but nothing consistent...
I think it's definitely safe to start sending out labour vibes...
So, here's some vibes for everyone....******************
Kaje~Thanks for the list!!!

Mamasoleil

#15 ·
Kaje, We are in the Southwest and are a good SIX HOURS from any mountains/camping places. We left behind lovely trails, mountains, and rivers when we moved here last year and it is still an adjustment. I read a beautiful article in National Geographic last month about camping in your North Woods. The pictures were amazing! You are a lucky mama to have that as your backyard.
Mamabeard, Go plugs go!!!! Wow! You are due only a week before me and may be on your way. So exciting! I think the plug looks thicker than we expect; like you said not runny. It sounds promising!
Annais, So wonderful that your dh is excited about parenting with love! When you give your whole heart to your babe, instead of holding it back for convenience (CIO), the rewards for the whole family are beautiful!
I love all these labor vibes we are sharing! Here are some more:

User Name, Arrival Date, Other info:
Seagan, Leo George 7/9, 5 lbs
Colorful Mama, Roman Thomas (Romy), vbac 7/24, 7lbs 2.2oz, 19 1/2" long
Birdwomyn, Samuel James Bird, 7/25, 6lbs 3 ozs, 19 1/4" long
Nostrow, Annika Paige, 7/30, 6 lbs 14 oz, 19"

User Name, Due Date, Other info:
traixa2-Aug. 4
Lucky Momma-Aug. 6 Hospital VBAC
Juliem-Aug. 6 Home waterbirth
TLS-Aug. 6
Kaje62-Aug. 8 Hospital VBAC w/ midwives
Mavis-Aug. 9 Happy Hospital Birth
natesmommy126-Aug. 10
Willow Tree-Aug. 11
laurag-Aug. 11
Emah-Aug. 11
Sharon-Aug. 13 Birth Center Birth
maizy-Aug. 13
Annais-Aug. 15 Hospital Birth w/ midwives
JuicyLucy-Aug. 15
Mamasoleil-Aug. 15 home waterbirth
ApMommaof5-Aug. 16
Tnrsmom-Aug. 17 Home Waterbirth
RachelMolly Aug. 17 Homebirth
Kate42-Aug. 17
Smeta-Aug. 18 Waterbirth
Lilg127- Aug. 21
Isaiah's Mama- Aug. 21
Mamabeard-Aug. 23 Homebirth
Pavlina-Aug. 24 Homebirth
Dreamweaver-Aug. 24 home waterbirth
mpls_momma-Aug. 24 Home waterbirth
Chanley-Aug. 29
skye's mama-Aug. 29
Wooby- Aug. 31 Homebirth

#16 ·
ack! you really think it could be my plug!? it was not pink at all.. just very thick white (not transluscent). and if it is, how long does one generally have thereafter? i'm really hoping to keep this baby in at least 4 more days.. still not ready!

(btw, sorry if i grossed anyone out earlier..)

#17 ·
Wooby, I'm in the SW too- AZ to be exact, and it sure has been burning HOT here!!!!! I can die! I'm sweating all the time, even with ac! During the nite when I get up to pee, I'll be in a sweat and dh is still covered head to toe in his blanket!!
:
I'm still waiting for the monsson to let loose some rain!! We only had one thunderstorm so far, and one of the mums I know here went into labour and gave birth in 3 hrs, through the storm!! hmph... maybe we need some storms to bring on labour....

oh, I just discovered I share due dates with Pavlina & mpls_momma, and we are all planning homebirths, how cool!

hmph, and I'm counting 6 mums with due dates ard the full moon, woohoo!!! I see many babies coming!!

Good, happy labour vibes to all!!

#18 ·
oh my god i loved loved my treatment. I highly highly recommend it. I am so relaxed and it made me hungry.

And tonite a friend of mine is coming over to do a circle with dh and I as my mommy's helper hangs with Charlie. Jerry and I need to connect to bring this babe into the world.

Pavlina, did you ever get to view my picture?

Merry Merry Merry August Mama's
Blessings on our way as we go

#19 ·
Kaje ~ I did see your family photo finally! You are beautiful family - it helps to comunicate with all of you
guys when you know who's behind each name.....

I am glad you have enjoyed your treatment!
I am going to have my back and neck fixed tomorrow again - I can use it after cleaning all the floors today

I wonder how is Sharon doing......

#21 ·
Hey august mama's

Just wanted to let you know I have been checking on you all and reading your posts (with sam in arms, i don't usually try to reply -- can't get that typing and snuggling done well at the same time so I choose to snuggle!!!)

Sam was at the Dr today, he is 13 days old and has surpassed his birth weight (6lb, 3oz) and weighed 6lb, 8oz today!!!!

I am sending all you labor vibes and healthy baby wishes......

can't wait to hear your stories....

kathy

#22 ·
Mamabeard~I think you can lose your plug up to two weeks before birthing but I have heard lots of mamas birth within the week?
: That probably doesn't help, but at least you know you are on your way!
Dreamweaver~Isn't the heat miserable? We have not had a storm or any rain in 6 weeks!
I have also heard of mamas going into labor with thunderstorms so let's wish for some in our part of the country!
Kaje~You have my interest piqued! What kind of a circle are you doing tonight to reconnect with dh?

#24 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by RachelMolly
Does anyone else feel their baby making really large movements inside of them? Like, whole body parts sticking out?
ALL THE TIME! Mainly at night - which does not allow me to get any sleep! Sometimes I think he has 4 legs and 4 arms and several bodies.....
I don't know how he is doing it!

#25 ·
I'm still in labor....thanks for all the well wishes! My contractions have slowed down a bit, but still strong when they happen. I was getting really discouraged, but I talked to both my doula and midwife and they both said that it's pretty common to have really strong contractions at night and slow down during the day. They are both expecting to have a late night with me! I finally changed our answering machine message and took the phone off the hook...hard to sleep when the phone keeps ringing! I've now had about 2 hours of sleep total since Tuesday night! I'm tired...but feeling good.

Mamabeard, my plug just came our this morning and it wasn't bloody either. It sounds just like what you described. I've also heard that it could mean labor it soon or a week or two...good luck!

Thanks again for all the good birthing vibes. Hopefully next time I feel like sitting at the computer it'll be to tell you about our baby!!

#26 ·
Sharon, I'm glad to hear you are going to try to get some more sleep. That's the mistake I made, I didn't get any sleep when I could have, then I paid for it when the really tough labour started, I was exhausted!!! So get some rest when you can, I'm thinking of you, sending you much strength and energy!!!!

Mamasoleil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.