when did you find out - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 46 Old 11-20-2007, 01:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It was our 3rd month TTC and I was over-analyzing every little thing my body did and POAS the first moment I thought it might work. I had a dream about a week after dd was concieved that I was pregnant. I usually don't pay any attention to my dreams other than a source of amusement, but I was pretty sure then. I think I tested before AF was due and it was +. I don't remember having any physical signs before AF was due.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 46 Old 11-20-2007, 01:29 PM

#1 - after, by a day or so. I realized I was late, and hey i've been feeling weird lately.

#2 - I think before, I knew from conception. I just knew.

#3 - Just before, had reason to suspect from how I felt

#4 - before before before ! We TTC'd for the first time, did shettles for our girl, I got the first very very faint positive at 8 dpo.

#5 - day of. I ate dominos the night before and was sick so I knew w/o seeing the test. But I had no idea till the dominos, I was nausious but my daughter had fractured her metatarsal & I contributed being "sick to my stomach" to all the hospital, xray, etc going on's.
#33 of 46 Old 11-20-2007, 01:58 PM

The first time...after. Several months after actually. I have PCOS so no regular cycles but when af didn't show up after 3 months I tested.

The second time...before. We'd be ttc for over a year so I was a testing nut by then.
#34 of 46 Old 11-20-2007, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2tig99Nroo03 View Post
that you were preggie?

was it before or after your af was supposed to arrive?

if before, what symptoms were you experiencing that made you test?

if you have multiple kids, was it different each pregnancy?
I test only after AF has arrived to avoid wasting money and emotional energy on BFNs. With dd, I tested at about 17 dpo (so really dark BFP right away - actually the first test I did with an OPK - an OPK will only test positive (test line darker than control line) if you're O'ing or pregnant)).

This time, I tested at 14 or 15 dpo. I was trying to hold out a couple more days but really thought I was pregnant so I tested. Thinking I was pregnant didn't have anything to do with specific symptoms - it was just more of a feeling; knowing I was pregnant.
#35 of 46 Old 11-20-2007, 02:52 PM

My first, I thought she was jet lag. We had just returned from a trip to South Africa and I chalked up my symptoms to readjusting from the trip.

With the second, I had this intense humming-energy sensation in my abdomen (pre-period). I told my DH it felt like a factory had fired up in my uterus. Sure enough I was preg, but I told him I didn't have a good feeling about it. I m/c ~7 weeks.

With the third, we were *in* South Africa and I told him I had that "humming" feeling again (also pre-period). Right again! This one stuck and was exactly as I described he would be. A boy who would look just like DH and have his temperament too.

Er, unfortunately, DD has my temperament.

An Official, Approved Signatureâ¢
#36 of 46 Old 11-20-2007, 03:09 PM

With the first one I didn't know until about 3 days after my period was due (and I was testing for a few days before that), but I lost that one at 5 weeks. With #2 I knew the day before because my guppies had babies (I'd had the suckers for over a year and they'd never had babies before, it was a sign With this one I tested 2 days before AF was due and it was positive.

Bubba (9) bikenew.gifLukey (5) jog.gif  Fat Baby (2) babyf.gif  Me faint.gif

#37 of 46 Old 11-20-2007, 03:54 PM
Banned

With DS, I knew within days of conception. My nipples began to tingle in a way that they hadn't before with PMS. I tested the day my period was due and sure enough, I was pregnant.

With DD, I think I just knew...I don't recall the nipple thing again. Just had a feeling, and my hunch was correct.
#38 of 46 Old 11-20-2007, 04:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I know with both like in the first week of conception. It SUCKED having to wait weeks for a positive test result.

Unassisted birthing, atheist, poly, bi WOHM to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wes (14) Seth (7) Pandora Moonlilly (2) and Nevermore Stargazer (11/2012)  Married to awesome SAH DH.

#39 of 46 Old 11-20-2007, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
I started bawling my eyes out at a song on the radio and had to pull over and I KNEW I was pregnant at that moment even though it hadn't crossed my mind before then. I have never in my life cried at a song, movie, or television show.
crying at movies, songs or even emotional commercials is *normal* for me(nonpreggie). yeah, i'm LOADS of fun to be around when i am not much more than walking hormones during pregnancy /sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romana9+2 View Post
I test only after AF has arrived to avoid wasting money and emotional energy on BFNs. With dd, I tested at about 17 dpo (so really dark BFP right away - actually the first test I did with an OPK - an OPK will only test positive (test line darker than control line) if you're O'ing or pregnant)).

This time, I tested at 14 or 15 dpo. I was trying to hold out a couple more days but really thought I was pregnant so I tested. Thinking I was pregnant didn't have anything to do with specific symptoms - it was just more of a feeling; knowing I was pregnant.
i TOTALLY get the eaiting to test to avoid wasting money. it is just.so.hard.though.

i am trying to wait til next monday.

even when i was preg with roo, i had a couple of bfn results.

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#40 of 46 Old 11-20-2007, 06:37 PM

With my oldest, I'd been trying unsuccessfully for 6 mos., so I waited until my period was 2 or 3 days late before testing.
With my youngest, I had learned of dollar store tests, for one, and knew that my partner and I were super fertile (my oldest son has a different dad) so I tested at 12dpo and got a positive result.

OP-- have you tested yet? You said the incident was on the 10th, right? And your LMP 26 days ago?
#41 of 46 Old 11-20-2007, 06:56 PM

I wanted a baby badly. We had tried once that month. End of month approaches, and I feel crampy, but my period is nowhere in sight. Concerned about my ovulation, I visit a doctor. Doctor says that because of my weight, I have fertility problems and that is why my period is so late.

Ummmmmmmmmmm nooooooooo it WASN'T.
#42 of 46 Old 11-20-2007, 07:14 PM

With my first, I knew the night we had sex.

Although that wasn't conception, I just knew it was successful.

I tested 3 days before my uterus was due to clean house.

It was positive and I wasn't surprised in the least.

But overjoyed beyond belief.

I had wanted a baby for 10+ years by the time Abigail was conceived.

For 8 years I thought I may never be able to have the children I'd always wanted.

With Sophia, I was on the pill and Abigail was only 5 months old.

I knew pre-uterus flushing.

I tested and it was positive.

I guess for me, I never waited until I was late because I just knew.

The only physical sign was when the egg attached - I could feel it.

Katreena, peace.gif 39 year old Alaskan treehugger.gif Mama to 1 hearts.gif and 1 lady.gif gd.gif

#43 of 46 Old 11-20-2007, 07:24 PM

I woke up one morning and thought, "Gah, my boobs feel huge today... OH MY GOD I'M PREGNANT." That was my twins.

Second pregnancy, I was at Sea World and my dh got me a chocolate ice cream and I thought it tasted terrible. Huge red flag! I'm adverse to chocolate in my first tri, based on my first pregnancy.

Third pregnancy, we were ttc and I was testing every day and finally got a very very very very faint bfp. No real symptoms.

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
#44 of 46 Old 11-20-2007, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottmama View Post
With my oldest, I'd been trying unsuccessfully for 6 mos., so I waited until my period was 2 or 3 days late before testing.
With my youngest, I had learned of dollar store tests, for one, and knew that my partner and I were super fertile (my oldest son has a different dad) so I tested at 12dpo and got a positive result.

OP-- have you tested yet? You said the incident was on the 10th, right? And your LMP 26 days ago?

nope, havent tested yet. i plan on testing monday (a week from yesterday). my af was late last month and showed up on the 25th, so yup, i am figuring either af will show up sunday night, or i'll test monday.

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#45 of 46 Old 11-20-2007, 08:46 PM

With pregnancy #1 I had terribly sore boobs. I had to hold them when I walked up and down stairs so that they wouldn't bounce because they hurt so badly. The sore boobs plus some extra tiredness led me to take a test about 5 days before AF was due and it was positive. I totally didn't believe it and took like 3 more tests over the week. PLUS I went to the doctor for a blood test. We had just started to try to conceive and we really did not expect it to happen so quickly (first try).

This pregnancy was a bit different. No sore boobs this time, but they were maybe a little tingly. I honestly had no real symptoms, I just kind of knew. I took a test on a Monday night (AF was due to start on Thursday) and it was a super light positive. My husband refused to get his hopes up. So the next morning I took one...a little darker. I took 3 more before it got "dark enough" for us. The "dark enough" test was taken one day before AF.

Candace - Mama to Molly (02/06), Max (06/08) and Maggie (03/10)
#46 of 46 Old 11-23-2007, 02:03 AM - Thread Starter

ok, fwiw, i tested this am. bfn.

now i gotta replace a friend's preggy test

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page