August 03 Mamas Full Moon Fever - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 112 Old 08-12-2003, 06:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congratulations to the new mamas! It is so inspiring to hear your powerful birth stories!!
#62 of 112 Old 08-12-2003, 06:32 PM

Luckymomma~Congratulations on your VBAC! Welcome to the world Travis Allan! What an empowering story you have! Can't wait to hear more. Happy Breastfeeding!!!

Kaje~Your list was much prettier, but dd is calling!
User Name, Arrival Date, Other info:
Seagan, Leo George 7/9, 5 lbs
Colorful Mama, Roman Thomas, vbac 7/24, 7lbs2.2oz, 19.5" long
Birdwomyn, Samuel James Bird, 7/25, 6lbs3ozs, 19.25" long
Nostrow, Annika Paige, 7/30, 6lbs14oz, 19"
Sharon, Elena, 8/8, Birth Center Birth, 8lbs3.5oz., 19.75" long
JulieM, Nicholas Julien, 8/9 Home waterbirth, 8lbs8oz, 21" long
Smeta-Quincy, 8/11, did not get tub filled cuz baby came quick
Mamasoleil, Samson, 8/12, home waterbirth
Luckymomma, Travis Allan, Hospital VBAC 8/11, 8lbs. 2oz,21"

User Name, Due date, Other info:
traixa2-Aug. 4 CNM attended hosp. birth
TLS-Aug. 6 Hospital Birth w/ CNM and Doula
Kaje62-Aug. 8 Hospital VBAC w/ medwives and a doula
Mavis-Aug. 9 Happy Hospital Birth
natesmommy126-Aug. 10
Willow Tree-Aug. 11
laurag-Aug. 11
Emah-Aug. 11
maizy-Aug. 13
Annais-Aug. 15 Hospital Birth w/ midwives
JuicyLucy-Aug. 15
ApMommaof5-Aug. 16
Tnrsmom-Aug. 17 Home Waterbirth
RachelMolly Aug. 17 Homebirth
Kate42-Aug. 17
Lilg127-Aug. 21
Isaiah's Mama- Aug. 21
Mamabeard-Aug. 23 Homebirth
Pavlina-Aug. 24 Homebirth
Dreamweaver-Aug. 24 home waterbirth
mpls_momma-Aug. 24 Home waterbirth
Chanley-Aug. 29
skye's mama-Aug. 29
Wooby-Aug. 31 Homebirth
#63 of 112 Old 08-12-2003, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

luckymama i am so happy for you.
and you were 5 days late.
that means
i should be having a baby tomorrow
i can't believe it
i am crying
you are my super hero-ess!!

anywayis this a sign?

I feel great
I have energy
I don't feel crabby
I feel excited
I don't ache
I am happy
#64 of 112 Old 08-12-2003, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kaje62

I feel great
I have energy
I don't feel crabby
I feel excited
I don't ache
I am happy
Yeah, Kaje!!! I love that positive, powerful feelings you are having now!! Hang on to them!!

I'm happy to hear how wonderful you are feeling, it's probably a sign your precious little one is coming soon!!
#65 of 112 Old 08-12-2003, 08:31 PM

Congratulations mamasoleil and luckymomma!!!
What inspiring stories!

I'm still waiting...
#66 of 112 Old 08-12-2003, 10:21 PM

Mamasoleil&Samson That sounds great!!! Congratulations on your wonderful birth. I am so happy things went well and extremely impressed that you were on here within 12 hours telling your story. Woman, you are my hero!

Luckymomma, Congratulations!!! I am dying to hear your full birth story now. Sounds like an interesting one!

Enjoy your Babymoons.

Meanwhile, I am still here with NO signs of labor being close.
#67 of 112 Old 08-13-2003, 12:00 AM

Well we thought Friday was the day. I was having ctx all day just like with DD. Well the midwife came down. Lost mucous plug, I was dialating and progressing then bam. Everything started moving backwards. Cervix started closing up and ctx went away. Then the midwife left on Sunday. She is one incredible woman, I cannot believe how awesome she is, she just moved right in and went with the family flow.

Lots of contractions, some very painful. No baby. I have a few weeks to go tho!
#68 of 112 Old 08-13-2003, 02:32 AM

congrats to all you new mums. Sorry I haven't checked in in a while. I am pretty sick of being pregnant at this point, I have to say. It is just so HUMID here and I can never get comfortable. Plus I have a very demanding 2.5 yr old to contend with. I am trying to be patient but it isn't easy. I have had contractions every night for the last WEEK and have been dilated one cm for two weeks, and still nothing. Sorry to be so negative, it actually feels good to vent! I haven't done anything to try and bring on the labour, even though I sound really impatient, as I want baby to come when he is ready. My midwife offered to strip my membranes yesterday.. has anyone had that and it be successful? I refused as I really don't want any intervention if I can help it.

Ok, well strong labour vibes to all you other ladies.
#69 of 112 Old 08-13-2003, 02:58 AM

mamasoleil and luckymomma, i am so happy for you both! and your strengths are inspiring..

kaje, i'm so happy to hear you're feeling good about this again. everything will be wonderful, i'm sure!

i'm ambivalent about having this baby soon vs. later.. i still have lots to do (it's endless!) and i really want to spend at least a few days relaxing before my life is totally different again.. and i'm still sad that these are the final days my son and i have alone together.. it's bittersweet. BUT i am SO uncomfortable, and have been wearing the same pair of shorts, and three tanktops for over a month now.. so..

to all!
#70 of 112 Old 08-13-2003, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mamabeard

i'm ambivalent about having this baby soon vs. later.. i still have lots to do (it's endless!) and i really want to spend at least a few days relaxing before my life is totally different again.. and i'm still sad that these are the final days my son and i have alone together.. it's bittersweet. BUT i am SO uncomfortable, and have been wearing the same pair of shorts, and three tanktops for over a month now.. so..

to all!
Mamabeard,
I'm so right there with you!!
I have barely 2 weeks more and in the midst of organzing the kitchen!! Also, not yet half-done with cooking and freezing food for dh & dd to eat after the birth (I go on a special diet after birth, and eat different things from they do). Closet also needs tidying, and I remember I need to set out some post-partum transition nursing wear for myself !!
Yes, it's endless!!!

Like you, I've been living in the same old stuff.....

AND I want some final sweet days with dd too! I feel sorry I have been busy lately and not spending much time with her, and not as patient, I feel bad!!

oh, well...... I just want to commiserate...

Best wishes to you!!
#71 of 112 Old 08-13-2003, 09:10 AM

Good moring ladies!! So how did the full moon go?? I am still here....no baby yet How about you?
#72 of 112 Old 08-13-2003, 09:36 AM

Nope, no baby yet, but today we'll see.
First congrats to Luckymama and Mamasoleil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday I had a really icky day. I had a prenatal in the AM, my CNM was at a delivery, but had a NST anyway....Did not go well.
One of the MDs read it, decided I needed another U/S as the Baby was "non-reactive". Even during the U/S, there wasn't much in the way of movement, just baby practicing breathing, no gross motor movements. So they got this stimulator thingy out (basically a vibrator) to giggle my belly to get the babe to move....FINALLY it moved. Also, they measured fluid levels. Mine have always been on the low side 11, 8, yesterday it was down to 6.
Anyway, to make a really long story shorter, I am being induced today (thank goodness my CNM came back from the delivery, or I would have been yesterday). My CNM is OK with starting with cervidil this am and doing a little more wait and see than the MD was....but my clock is ticking. She did say that the MDs will not let me wait past 42 wks, due to all the crap going on.
So, I'm typing this, waiting for my best girlfriend (who drove from Minneapolis last night) to come so we can go to the hosp. together. DH is going to come in a bit with all the troops in tow (the kids, his mom, etc...)

Wish me luck ladies:
Kate

PS, Kaje you go with those strong feelings, you CAN do it!
#73 of 112 Old 08-13-2003, 09:42 AM
tls

Yay Luckymomma, congrats and I am dying to hear your story!

mamabeard, I had to laugh about wearing the same thing every day. I am really getting sick of the same black shorts. They're the only ones that fit me now!

KJ, I'm so glad you're feeling good. I think it is a sign.

Everyone else. Hang in there. I've been dilated for 4 weeks now (currently at 3 cm as of Friday) and had all the signs of labor and still nothing. It could still be a while!
#74 of 112 Old 08-13-2003, 09:44 AM

Oh Traixa, sorry to hear about that, but I am sure everything will go just fine and soon you going to have your baby!! Good luck to you!!! Be strong!
#75 of 112 Old 08-13-2003, 09:45 AM
tls

Wow Kate, good luck today. I'm sorry they are going to induce, but hopefully the cervidil will be enough to get things going and you won't need anything else. I hope all goes well for you!!
#76 of 112 Old 08-13-2003, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

oh traixa2, you are in my thoughts today. wish i could drive down from minneapolis to help you.

Anyway had a great supper last night, top sirloin, green beans, sugar snap peas, great mixed green salad, cucumbers in balsamic
and then I said, Jerry since we don't have carbs for dinner why don't you and charlie go buy a tube of chocolate chip cookie dough and let's make cookies. We have never done that with him

so dh comes home with oatmeal chocolate chip and pecan chocolate chip and fussy pregnant girl wants plain old chocolate chip. so anyway we had fun and i survived and somehow i found three of them that tasted worth eating, LOL.

Anyway we have a home blood pressure kit and i asked him to take mine and it was HIGH, 161/86 laying down, it has been 120/70 lying down even at the clinic. That is why they had me on bedrest and not in the hospital cuz it would come down on my side. So then sitting up it was, 172/100 which the worst we have had sitting up is 152/92. So dh is like freaking out saying we better bring you in, now it is like 10:30 p.m. and I say no I want to call Carrie (my doula) first. Anyway I know she is in labor with twins that were being induced that ended as a c-section. She calls me back like a half n hour later and says you should call the midwives Kathy. And I am like no, I don't want to go to the hospital and have a c-section. And she is like, let's take one step at a time, you need to call them. So I page them and by the time Ann calls me back we get a reading lying on my side at 145/75. Anyway she says she is happy with the last, glad we got it down, tells me to go to bed and they will see me tomorrow. I have asked several times, "What number will force you to induce me or put me in the hospital?" And they never answer. I finally got it out of her last night. 150/100 on my side. Especially the bottom. If I would have known that I would never have called her. Dang.

Anyway I may have a hard appointment today but for sure my doula is going with and maybe dh. Dang full moon is a leaving and no babe action on this end. I think we will hear a couple more arrived in the last couple days.

Have a good day all.
#77 of 112 Old 08-13-2003, 10:20 AM

Still here - no full moon baby for me. I had some contractions before bed again but then went to sleep and they went away. My lower ab muscles have felt really tight yesterday and today so I don't know if that means anything.

I have a Dr. appt later today and I am going to ask him to do a pelvic to see if anything is happening as far as dilating/effacing. I may ask him about stripping my membranes if he thinks it would help.

I am just getting anxious because every day I go over my due date is one day closer to an induction. I really want to avoid that this time but I am having a hard time staying positive about it as the days pass. All the women in my family have always carried their babies way past term and I seem to follow that rule as well. My Dr. said he will let me go for 10 days as long as there are no signs of distress or anything, but I can feel the clock ticking.
#78 of 112 Old 08-13-2003, 11:05 AM

Boy, we all sound the same today! WHEN! WHEN! WHEN! I have more than two weeks to go and I am even feeling it!
Chanley~Sorry you had a rough weekend. Your body is getting ready though! Sounds like your mw is a super woman!
Traixa~Good luck birthing your baby today! Be strong!
TLS~I am jealous of your dilation. Don't know if I have strated to yet, but I didn't with dd so....
Kaje~Hang in there. Hope your appt. goes well today. Smart mama to take your dh and doula as advocates.
Laurag~Does your doc know that women in your fam usually go over due dates? I bet your time is soon....

Have a super day everyone! Oh, even though full moon is leaving, I have heard that the surge in births is usually the few days following... That's now! Let's birth mamas!
#79 of 112 Old 08-13-2003, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Have a super day everyone! Oh, even though full moon is leaving, I have heard that the surge in births is usually the few days following... That's now! Let's birth mamas!
Boy, I hope that's true!! My EDD is Sunday but I was really hoping to go into labor tonight. I just took the kids to a concert in the park here and danced almost the entire hour with one of the three little ones on my belly. trying to push that baby down!!! DH was a real jerk last night and was drinking so it's a good thing I didn't go into labor. But man am I ready today!!

Take care mamas.
#80 of 112 Old 08-13-2003, 04:04 PM

Congrats mamasoleil!!!!! Evelyn just said Thanks....I just told her you had a baby boy named Samson on her birthday!

Enjoy and relax!!!

Jen
#81 of 112 Old 08-13-2003, 04:57 PM

okay. my turn to vent.

i am TOTALLY feeling empathy for those of you who have to deal with negative comments, warnings, blah blah blah on a regular basis. and all that has happened to me (besides for the entire second and half way into the third trimester daily comments about how "good" i looked because i wasn't showing much, or how i didn't look very far along at all, when all that was was people's skewed sense of perception because i am tall and wide set, and i got so sick of having to explain that i actually measured right on my dates, over and over..) is: i got two comments today from two different people (well meaning and normally rather nice people) about how my son will likely be traumatized by being there for the birth. gawd. i have explained that i am aware of this possiblity, and i have someone to take him away if he's too upset.. but really, i am just so mad that i even have to justify it. it's life being born! yeah, so there will be some pain, and he will get a realistic idea of how life comes to be. personally, i think i'd be more upset as a little person to come home from a day at the park and find mama has a new little person holding all of her attention all of a sudden.. no transition, no real understanding. i dunno.. and yeah, of course i'm not going to force him to watch or anything, but geez, as if i do not have enough to worry about.. now i'll likely spend my time labouring worrying about my son : which obviously won't help anyone.

ugh. sorry.. i know it's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things.. but, man, it just really crapped on my good mood this morning.
#82 of 112 Old 08-13-2003, 05:04 PM

Mamabeard~
My dd (26 months) will be at our homebirth and I have heard some people voice concerns just like you had directed at you today. Some people are just terribly insensitive, or just ignorant. You, and only you, know what is best for your son/your family. Hang in there! I totally agree with you having him there.
#83 of 112 Old 08-13-2003, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

double post
#84 of 112 Old 08-13-2003, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

last night we did home bp and it was high
so we called in and they said see you tomorrow
went in to medwives
bp was still quite high like 166/100
and on side 142/90
it has been borderline high for about 7 weeks
140/90 and 120/70 on side
my non stress test was fine

anyway they wanted to do a c-section today
or they wanted to induce me with cervadil
but my cervix is not dilated at all and i am just 25% effaced

she gave me the dead baby scare
and said, do you want to bring home a baby?

i said no to being induced and the c-section for now
so then they wanted me to go to the hospital for two hours of testing
to get several readings of my blood pressure and i said no
i want to go home

so i had another blood draw
and took home another 24 urine
and came home and took an hour nap with charlie

am i crazy
i am so so stressed out
they have me on total total bedrest except to pee
the c-section is scheduled for Monday
i cannot find any other provider that looks good in my insurance

if i go into labor will they be supportive and help me do my best?
or will they be against the idea from the get go

i need prayers and all kinds of help right now

#85 of 112 Old 08-13-2003, 06:45 PM

Hi Kathy-jo,

Oh geez, this just sucks. I'm so sorry you are going through so much stress. I think the dead baby scare is just such a dirty trick to pull on people. Yes birth has an irreducible risk to it, but to use that tactic to bully you seems very unfair. And now they've got you doubting whether or not they are there to help you or not. Trust is such an important thing in a patient-caregiver relationship, esp. in birth! This is such a hard situation to be in.

You and the baby will be fine, but try to calm yourself. You are still making decisions about this birth. Things aren't going exactly as you hoped, but that's okay because you can deal with it. But you do need to find some peace somewhere within yourself so you can hear yourself think clearly about what's going on. This sounds corny, but I highly suggest getting a piece of paper and making some lists. Jotting things down will help you see your thoughts and feelings clearly, instead of having them spinning around in your head and making you feel more panicky.

Gotta run for now but I hope that helps a little.

--Deb
#86 of 112 Old 08-13-2003, 08:10 PM

Kaje~I am so sorry about your appt. Look at it this way, you still have 4 days (now through Mon.) Now that they are threatening you with a section, I bet you will go into labor. Have you read about the fetal ejection reflex? I pushed w/ dd for over 3 hrs. They told me I was going to have a c-section in 15 minutes, and she was born 12 minutes later! You can still have the birth you want!
#87 of 112 Old 08-13-2003, 08:17 PM

Super midwives visit! I have been having alot of rectal pressure. They thought it was a hand or elbow and they were right. They did an internal (first one) and found my cervix completely effaced and 3cm. They moved the baby's hand and I went to 4cm, almost 5! WOW! WOW! Baby is super low, I am almost 38 weeks but measuring 32 now.

This whole pregnancy I have feared getting past 3-4 cm because that is the point when I had an epidural with dd. Well, at least I made it that far! The midwives went to run some errands and will be back in a couple of hours. They want to check me again as they think I may birth this baby tonight! I hope! I hope! Of course, I could just walk around dilated for a couple of weeks... But, contrax are now coming frequently...

Will keep you posted...
#88 of 112 Old 08-13-2003, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

wooby you go sister!!!

i will start a thread in your honor
#89 of 112 Old 08-13-2003, 09:06 PM

Mamabeard,
sorry to hear you have to take some crap from others this morning... I've heard the same, just ignore them!!

Kaje,
sorry to hear abt bedrest, and those threats they say to you!! How awful!! I am sure you are going to give birth to a healthy baby, stay healthy!!

WOOBY!! I can't believe this!! Are you in labourland now??!! All the best to you, sending beautiful, positive birthing vibes your way....
#90 of 112 Old 08-13-2003, 09:34 PM

Kaje~I'm so proud of you for saying NO. keep on standing up to them, do you have a mantra?'I will have this baby on my own, I will deliver this baby'. You are so strong, keep it up!
Wooby~I'm sending you tons of energy, and you know what helped me get thru my ctx? Concentrating on each finger, individually, making sure they were each fully relaxed...by the time I would get to the last finger, the ctx had passed!
Mamabeard~I got a lot of those comments too...
Steph~sending you much labour vibes
Laurag~lots of labour vibes to you too...
Gotta go, Samson is crying in my arms...hard to type and hold

Mamasoleil

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page