August 03 Mamas Full Moon Fever - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 112 Old 08-14-2003, 12:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kaje-I'm thinking about you so much! I really hope positive energy crosses the state line. Man, conventional medicine loves to threaten dead babies. Hey, I don't know when I'll get to writing my birth story, but I really need to share one part with you. The o.b I had to sign the vbac consent form with(total she dog),the one who threatened me with dead, brain-damaged baby, because I refused efm, was the o.b. at the hospital when I showed up. When I heard she was there I told the nurse to keep that bitch out of my room(storage closet). Yet she shows up in my doorway(not enough room inside). She took one look in, saw me on the floor pushing, and said, "I can't do that, you have to get her on to a bed(not that there was one in the room anyway)". Then I heard her say to someone, not sure who, that babies can get stuck in the position I was in(basically all fours). I of course said"Give me a f***ing break!!!Have you never heard of the Gaskin Maneuver!!" Everyone tried to hush me, don't insult the delicate genius apparently. She left in a huff, which was great with me, after all, I was pushing a baby out. It just gets better from there. I just wanted you to remember the mentality of the people you are working with. Sad, twisted manipulating people who rule with fear. But hey, whatever happens, I want you to know, when I told those doctors to get bent, I was saying it for all of us who have been put through the ringer by them. Blessings to you!

Wooby! Hope it's going well. I found that roaring like a...some kind of loud animal, I think it was a cougar, really kept me open. My voice is doing much better now

Thanks to all for your kind messages. I can't believe I've turned into such a weepy dishrag already Hormones. Gotta love this whole woman thing
#92 of 112 Old 08-14-2003, 09:46 AM

For the list, me:

phathui5- due 8/28, birth center w/midwives

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#93 of 112 Old 08-14-2003, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter

moving it down
#94 of 112 Old 08-14-2003, 10:14 AM

Good morning!
Had my doc visit late yesterday and he said I am 2cm dilated and "easily stretchable to 4." He thinks that means when I do start to really dilate it will go pretty quickly since he was able to stretch me so easily.

Had a non-stress test and everything looks great. Also had my membranes stripped. I have been having very mild contractions about 10 minutes apart or so since yesterday evening.

Of course, the nurse was quick to point out that this early stage could go on for days. But at least we are moving in the right direction.

I am on a timeline, they have me scheduled for induction on Monday.

Kaje - I am so sorry about your unsupportive providers. And the dead baby scare - really irks me! You know your body and your baby better than anyone. Stay strong and know we are all sending you support.
#95 of 112 Old 08-14-2003, 10:15 AM

isn't that funny and she was the last one to give birth!! Good for her! I wonder how she is doing!!

I have been having pretty strong contr'x last night! But you know what I noticed? I usually only have contractins when I am lying down! As soon as I get up it's gone......is it common?
#96 of 112 Old 08-14-2003, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

i am editing the list once more to kinda put who is laboring
#97 of 112 Old 08-14-2003, 10:19 AM

probably stupid question - but what is it to stip the membranes? I really don't know!
#98 of 112 Old 08-14-2003, 10:30 AM

Luckymama~way to tell that ob where to go!!! I'm so proud of you!!!!
Wooby~Thinking about you lots sister....
Kaje~What jerks...I can't believe what you've had to put up with...think only happy thoughts, of a healthy baby, healthy labour and delivery, I bet that babe will be here by Saturday!!!
Pavlina~Once you're in true labour, it won't matter what position activity you do, the ctx won't stop...but your body is getting ready from the sounds of it.
Not sure what 'stripping the membranes' is, but the doc or m/w can stretch and play with your cervix to get things going...again, this only works if your body is ready to deliver.
Laurag~Sounds like your babe will be here by Saturday too...way to go sister!!!!Hope you don't have that induction...
Like I told you, I had a 14hr deadline for an induction, I kept repeating my mantra over and over, that I WAS going to have this baby at home, that I would have this baby on MY terms(and baby's terms)...seems to have worked!!!!
Steph~how are you doing????

I"m sending you all lots and lots of labour dust!!!!

Mamasoleil/samson
#99 of 112 Old 08-14-2003, 10:35 AM

I don't have the proper medical explanation but from what I understand, the doc uses his finger to break the little membranes that are holding the amniotic sac to the cervix. If you are ripe and ready to go it can start labor, but if not, then it won't. My doc said it is very hit or miss and he does not think it really makes a big difference in most cases, but it is worth a shot if you are facing an induction so I told him to go ahead. If anyone else has a more accurate description - please feel free to correct me!
#100 of 112 Old 08-14-2003, 11:52 AM

Yay ! Wooby! I"ll be keeping you in my thoughts today .

Laurag..thats basicly what my Dr. told me....

had a non-stress test yesterday and everything was good.
my blood pressure was up a little....i swear it cos the said your have a test today,haha....but the nurse took it again after the test and it was good, still have to go in tomorrow to have it checked again, dr. wants to keep an eye on it.....fine with me.
I opted to not have my cervix checked.....

I have an induction scheduled for Wendsday. Dr would rather I don't go over 42 weeks (which would be saturday).

Take care everyone...
Sending labour vibes to all !
Enjoy your day!

winner.jpg  homeschool.gif familybed1.gif    happily married mom to one son jammin.gif and one daughterbiggrinbounce.gif!
#101 of 112 Old 08-14-2003, 12:04 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm kind of a latecomer, though I have been lurking on this board. I'm due tomorrow, Aug 15! I have no illusions that I will go into labor by then though, despite being pretty darn tired of being pregnant at this point. DS#1 was 10 days late, so I figure I'll be "late" this time too. Oh well

My midwives said the same thing about stripping the membranes - it will work if your body is ready, and it won't if you aren't. My mw said that "stripping the membranes" is a misleading term because it sounds like you are breaking the bag of waters. It is not the same thing at all apparently. She said it is more of a "vigorous internal exam" where they run their finger all around the edges of the cervix where some membranes are attached. She said it can stimulate your body to release oxytocin which is what can kick you into labor.

Luckymomma - Woowee, you go, girl!

Kaje62 - Thinking of you and sending those positive vibes!
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
#102 of 112 Old 08-14-2003, 12:09 PM

OK, thank you all for your explanation, and since we are at this terminology - what does stress test involve? Beside blood pressure....what else do they do to you? As you can tell I have not had any problems during my PG whatsoever, but who knows I might go over my due date too......
#103 of 112 Old 08-14-2003, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AlohaDeb

My midwives said the same thing about stripping the membranes - it will work if your body is ready, and it won't if you aren't. My mw said that "stripping the membranes" is a misleading term because it sounds like you are breaking the bag of waters. It is not the same thing at all apparently. She said it is more of a "vigorous internal exam" where they run their finger all around the edges of the cervix where some membranes are attached. She said it can stimulate your body to release oxytocin which is what can kick you into labor.
Well, then I think sex is a better option of "vigorous internal exam" lol and could do the same job as someone's fingers
#104 of 112 Old 08-14-2003, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

a non stress test is not about blood pressure for you it is too see how the baby is doing and their stress. they put you on a monitor and watch your contractions and babies movement and to see how the baby handles your contractions etc...

even though I think every prenatal you will have your blood pressure, pee in a cup and weighed
#105 of 112 Old 08-14-2003, 02:44 PM

Mama's Our babes have arrived! What Bliss!

Sorry it took me so long to post but right after he was born I typed out the longest post in herstory and as I was sending it my computer kicked me off line! I was so upset because we all know how much time new mamas get to spend on the computer! But anyway here is my story:

On august 5th I woke up having irregular cramping being a week in a half away from my due date I decided not to buy into it i went about my day but when Matt came home from the farm on his lunch break they were painful and coming every 10 mins and closer if i walked around! We were so excited we called the midwives to give them the heads up and that we'd check back later ( we live on a 18 mi. dirt road 30 mins from town) My best friend Jesse and her mom Jan were coming to the birth as Jan is a homebirth midwife in humboldt County about 2 hrs from us so they decided to leave after jan finished her prenatals around 6pm.When Jan and jesse arrived around *pm it was just starting to feel intense, Jesse slipped right into lily mode and jan checked me i was 4 -5 cms. Matt and i went for a walk the night was beautiful walking proved futile as every step caused an intense contraction! When I got back in the house 10pm Jesse and Lily went off to bed for a nap and jan checked me i was 6-7 cms Jan said I could get into the tub! Yes! and called my local midwife Colleen to come out! When she got there around 11:30 labor was intense Matt was such a blessing he was in the tub rubbing me between contractions and he kept saying beautiful affirmations like you look so beautiful, your doing it so good, etc.
Finally at 2pm transition hit which was intense I like mamasoilel shook with every rush and i could feel my cervix opening. the baby was still really high and while doing a self check I felt his head drop 3 stations at once popping my bag of waters, at 3am jan woke jesse and lily up i started to push Lily stripped off her clothes and jumped into the tub with us, she was so brave and she sat there quietly waiting And at 3:38 after the most intense feeling I have ever experienced River Zion was born itno his fathers arms with me on my hands and knees in the water... I felt the door to heaven open up and engulf us as matt put him on my chest and he let out a loud healthy cry, the miswives never touched him they just watched as matt caught him and we adored him! we al cried tears of joy while lily just laughed! mama you did it!" and I did!
Lilys labor was a 5 day long prodromal labor with a transfer to the hospital she was born at 10lbs. 2 oz
Rivers labor was 6 hours waterbirth and weighing only 8lbs. 4 oz
We are all blissfully enjoying our new family!!!
Congrats to all the new famillies!
Treefamilyof3@cs.com
#106 of 112 Old 08-14-2003, 02:53 PM

Wow, congratulations Willow tree!!! Beautiful story, I actually had tears in my eyes and that does not happen very often. As my time is getting closet I am also getting more ready and excited......finally!
Welcome River to this worlds!!!
Thanks for sharing your story.
#107 of 112 Old 08-14-2003, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

beautiful story. welcome river
welcome alohadeb
thinking of all the laboring mamas
and the mamas awaiting
#108 of 112 Old 08-14-2003, 03:52 PM

Willow Tree, thanks for sharing your beautiful birth story.

MS, still no labor. My friend kept all the kids for a few hours today and my mom and I went shopping for a bit. Nothing exciting but it was nice to be sans kids for a few hours, one last time. Dh and I had a huge fight last night. He is still drinking and is being a total a$$. He said that he thinks HB is a bad idea and should never have agreed to it. I basically told him that he did not have to be part of it and to just leave until after the baby is born. Of course he didn't but he did sleep on the couch and left fairly early this morning. He is aware that if he has been drinking, he will NOT be here for the birth. It makes me sad but at the same time, I will not let him ruin this experience for me. I am so grateful to have such a huge support system in place though. My mom and best friend will be here for the birth along with the midwives. The kids will be in and out of the room I am sure. My sis is coming to watch them. I am just so excited to meet this little one. I am hoping labor will start soon.

Laura, Kaje, and Mavis, I am sending strong labor vibes so that you do not need to be induced.
#109 of 112 Old 08-14-2003, 08:34 PM

Wow! Thank you everyone for your beautiful supportive posts. I am getting all weepy as I am reading them now...

We had an amazing birth followed by a beautiful baby boy (6 lbs. 9 ounces and 19 inches) last night (8/13) at 9:31pm.

Here is our story:
5PM: Midwives came for a visit around 5pm and found me 3cm dilated and fully effaced. The baby's hand was presenting alongside his head (that's why I had the rectal pressure.) They decided to move his hand and I dilated to 4cm, almost 5cm. Midwives left to do more prentatals and said they would come back in a few hours to see if I was in labor. As soon as they left, contrax started every 2-3 mins. but they were no more intense than the BH I have been having.
8PM Around this time, I passed a big blood clot (1/4 cup?: ) and contrax intensified. I got into the tub. Midwives got to our house soon after and found me 6-7 cm. Contrax were coming every minute or so and pretty intense for that dilation. This went on for a bit... we decided to break my waters as the baby was dropping faster than I was dilating. After my water was broken (nice and clear) the contrax were harder, but not unbearable.
9PM I was 9cm and had a cervical lip. The midwives had to hold the lip while I grunted/bore down to try to slip it over babe's head. OUCH! They had to hold it when I was pushing and in between contrax for about 10 minutes. Strangely, it felt really good to bear down a bit from about 7cm on... Once lip was gone, I felt the most AWESOME sensation-baby moving down and twisting out. I got out of the tub and onto the bed. I roared like a lion and tuned everyone out. The midwives were fantastic and extremely respectful.
931pm He was born! I was squatting on the bed into my dh's arms. Sort of a semi-hand and knees position. I couldn't see the birth. Dh told me "It's a boy!" and we were all thrilled! Immediately after the birth I shouted, "That was great! Man, I feel like superwoman!" This homebirth has already healed so many wounds from dd's birth. I feel powerful!

As baby is 2 weeks early, we are still deciding on a name!:
Thinking of you other Aug. mamas birthing soon! Hang in there! YOU CAN DO IT!

#110 of 112 Old 08-14-2003, 08:40 PM

Way to go Wooby!!! You were the last on the list and look at you!! Congratulations!! Great story!! WOW!! Welcome to your baby boy!! I am so happy for you!!
#111 of 112 Old 08-14-2003, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats to weepy wooby

how about leo???
you roared
he is a leo even though you expected a virgo

link to new thread

http://216.92.20.151/discussions/sho...threadid=80652
#112 of 112 Old 12-30-2003, 10:29 PM

Hi August mamas!!! You are probably wondering who the heck is replying to 4 months old thread!

I could not help it and did some search and digging and find old threads from when we were all still expecting...

Believe it or not, I had butterflies in my stomach reading these old posts! It was so much fun, so much support we were giving each other......I have to admit, I miss that time! Our babies have been born and yet many of you have disapeared. We still have August mamas thread: http://216.92.20.151/discussions/sho...300#post998300

so you are all more then welcome to join us again!! Let us all know how your babies are doing! Please, come and have fun with us! I miss you all! There is only few of us left - the "oroginal" August mamas. We have lots of "newcomers" though.

Hope you are all doing great!

Missing old times........

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page