Earliest pregnancy symptoms? Even the impossible ones! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-03-2007, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tell me all about the earliest pregnancy symptoms, even the ones that are considered "too soon"?

I'm just looking for stories, not validation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2007, 06:04 PM

"just knowing"
then....emotions!!!
Old 12-03-2007, 06:10 PM

I had lots of heartburn, a some crampng and sore boobs before I had my BFP with both pregnancies.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:11 PM

I second the "just knowing"
feeling "funny"
I had this weird soreness...kinda like when your abs are sore from laughing or coughing too much, but a bit different.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:39 PM

I had a couple funky things happen with my first pregnancy. I was maybe 7-8 DPO and was drinking a glass of milk, and it had this crazy metal aftertaste. I had DH try it and he said it was fine to him.

I also had a stuff nose a couple days before my BFP. I don't have allergies and wasn't sick, and I have seen this before as an earlier symptom.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:42 PM

Mine was the sense of smell and suddenly being suspicious of food. I had no idea I was pregnant at the time but after I found out, it made a lot more sense.

Jenna in love with my DH Jon, loving our 2.5 year old, Caroline Tulip, and expecting another little one in August!
Old 12-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Banned

my sense of smell always goes wacky within mere days after I get pregnant. I end up POAS waaaaay before I'm missing a period. And of course it's neg. And so I POAZillionS until I get a positive.
Old 12-03-2007, 06:56 PM

headaches and having to pee all. of. the. time.

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
Old 12-03-2007, 07:46 PM

I knew about three days after I ovulated I was pregnant. My breast started to get sore within a couple of days after that. Sure enough I was my midwife thought it was impossible that I came at 7dpo saying I was pregnant and the blood test confirmed it Barely by the way!
Old 12-03-2007, 07:47 PM

I usually get nipple soreness with ovul that is gone within a couple of days. When preg, it stays, so I can know within 2-3 days of ovulation. Another really funky symptom I get is horrific insomnia in the first trimester that pretty much starts before my period is due too.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:50 PM

The week before I found out (or even suspected) I was SO TIRED that I was desperately trying to nap at work. I was konking out on the floor...falling asleep at my desk...arranging chairs so that I could put my legs up and curl into a ball...It was ridiculous.

Mama to Ella (1/15/08) and Django (03/20/11) - remembering 2 angel.gif
Old 12-03-2007, 08:03 PM

I got pregnant with donor sperm via an IUI- or intrauterine insemination. Several hours later I was sitting at my computer with my left leg tucked under my butt. I felt the oddest "electrical" kind of sensation in my left fallopian tube area. I believe it was conception

Used to be stay at home parent to our two lovely girls, survived nursing school with family intact, about to graduate and looking for a job! I low-supply nursed my bio daughter for 3 years. 

Old 12-03-2007, 08:08 PM

Both times I noticed that my heartrate increased (noticibly) within the first few days. I just felt like my body was running a marathon while I sat there. I attributed it to the hormones (in retrospect).

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (6y) and one sweet boy (2y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
Old 12-03-2007, 08:36 PM

Nothing has been 100% consistant over five pregnancies (six if you count my chemical) but I consider it downright WEIRD that the latest model deviated from the pattern of the last four (with three different fathers) as far as my earliest and most reliable pregnancy symptom.

With all the other kids, the smell and taste of coffee and cigarette smoke became absolutely nauseating. I smoked when I became pregnant with the older kids, and quitting wasn't the issue, it was continuing to smoke enough long enough for the "gradual withdrawl" that the midwives insisted on at the time. I didn't want exy to know about ds right away, and I don't think I'll ever forget how miserable I was gagging down a cup of coffee and trying to smoke without puking so he wouldn't find out.

I did get the breast soreness with this one long before I tested (and I tested before was due) and it was very intense! It felt like let-down, but it was painful, sort of like I imagine the phantom pains that amputees sometimes feel in their missing limbs must feel. At first it only came on when I read about or thought about babies, but then I got the worst agonizing case of it while I was reading about exploiter workers in 3rd world countries for my Sociology class. I can laugh now about how I wanted to give the whole human race nursies and make everything all better, but it certainly wasn't funny then.

With dd1, riding a motorcycle was positively excruciating because of the cold blast of wind on my breasts.

With both of the girls I was incredibly tired in the early first trimester and wanted to sleep all the time. With all three of the older kids, but especially dd1, I had to pee ridiculously often even before I tested, but this was another case where the babe in my belly has to be different and I had no urinary symptoms at all until the tail end of the 2nd trimester, when I finally noticed an increase in frequency, and didn't have any stress incontinence at all until I caught the flu a couple of weeks ago. Neither problem is particulalrly severe or interferes much in my day to day life, but it was BAD with the older kids.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:12 PM

nighttime pee wake-ups, that only happpens when i'm preggies and tipped me off both times

also coffee starts to gross me out.... i just can't drink or smell it

and just a "funny feeling"
Old 12-03-2007, 11:45 PM

If I had any before I found out, I wasn't aware of them.

I think the biggest one was just the feeling that I was pregnant.

~*Have more than you show, speak less than you know*~

Old 12-03-2007, 11:54 PM

The first I had NO symptoms before bfp, the second I knew at around 5-6 dpo because of nausea then at 7 dpo extreme hunger like I had during my first pregnancy.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:16 AM

exhaustion.
I have never felt so tired in my entire life. I'd wake up after 8 hours of sleep and feel as though it was still the middle of the night. ugh!

: feminist mama to DD 04/08
Old 12-04-2007, 12:41 AM

For me, first thing I notice is that strong smells and tastes bother me even more than usual. Sweet food especially is no longer appealing--I want eggs and cheese and meat. And my boobs ache like crazy.

Bookworm mom to three wonderful children. homeschool.gif
Old 12-04-2007, 01:17 AM

My boobs were sore and hurt like crazy from the day after O until a couple of days ago. It's less painful now. My boobs felt worse than they ever had especially first thing in th morning.

''''

Old 12-04-2007, 01:18 AM

The desire to suddenly read birth stories or watch birth stories on the Discovery Channel!

Kim. My heart is full! Wife to Ray, Mama to 3 boys!  "Big C", our boy with designer genes, "Little C", and "Baby M" 11/2010.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:06 AM

For me, I noticed an embarassing increase in saliva It was just crazy! I felt like I was spitting on everyone I was talking to. I didn't notice it until later on with the first pregnancy but with this one I noticed it before anything else and just "knew".
Old 12-04-2007, 05:27 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
peeing, peeing, and more peeing!

Mama to Nell (11/15/06) and Maggie (10/9/10) . AFTER 2.5 YEARS, I AM AN AUNTIE!!! joy.gifHOORAY TEAR78 and welcome Anika and Brand New Baby Boy!!!!  Circumcision: the more you know, the worse it is; please leave the decision up to your son!

Old 12-04-2007, 01:45 PM
g&a

DH says he knew (this time) when I threw the keys at him. I was mad and actually did something about it. Pregnant me doesn't know how to hold back
It's actually a good thing, but my family thinks it's funny because I say things I wouldn't otherwise.

Last time I slept-walked every night for an entire week. I actually found when I was taking a sick day to try to get some sleep.

g.

Canadian mama to A (C/S May 2004) and R (induced VBAC Dec 2007) expecting #3 in July.  Currently obsessing over permaculture, photography and beekeeping.

Old 12-04-2007, 02:27 PM

Peeing a lot, sore boobies, and a weird crampy-stretchy feeling in my uterus.

So far, this has happened 4x out of 4!

Babybel 8/5/08. Growing her sister: ***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40*
Old 12-04-2007, 07:14 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I'll volunteer my "impossible" one. On the night that we conceived our little bebe, I was completely euphoric because I KNEW. I even took a picture of us laying in bed with my phone to commemorate. I still have it on my phone. My hair was pink then.

Of course I then didn't believe it at all for 2 weeks. And I was completely shocked when I got my BFP the day AF was due. And then I was so sure I would miscarry for the first several months. Because I still don't believe something this good is happening to me. I wish I could relax and trust and enjoy this.

DD1 6 1/2 DD2 9/20/14 (18 weeks)
Old 12-04-2007, 07:22 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Insatiable cravings for asparagus, which I had never wanted before in my life.

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
Old 12-04-2007, 08:27 PM

I had very sharp left ovary pains at 8 and 9 dpo. I had medically induced ovulation and an IUI, so I know this is the side I ovulated on. (I also am fairly confident that I had implantation on 4 dpo.) I was in so much discomfort at night that I called the advice nurse at my REs clinic in the morning. She said "sounds promising. Could be a corpus luteum cyst." She was right!
Old 12-12-2007, 04:22 PM

I just found out I am pregnant with my first yesterday

I was only 1 day late on my period, so I wasn't planning on testing right away, but this weird thing happened....

I was caring for my friend's 2 yo daughter Monday night in my home and she was helping me decorate the Christmas tree. She is a very loving child and quite intuitive. As I reached up to place an ornament on a branch above my head, she very gently reached out and patted my stomach. I looked down, and she did it again. She had the sweetest smile on her face and she gently patted my stomach. It gave me the chills. I seriously believe that children have a higher sense of awareness about some things. So the next morning, I thought, what the heck, and tested. It was positive!
Old 12-12-2007, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond lil View Post
I was caring for my friend's 2 yo daughter Monday night in my home and she was helping me decorate the Christmas tree. She is a very loving child and quite intuitive. As I reached up to place an ornament on a branch above my head, she very gently reached out and patted my stomach. I looked down, and she did it again. She had the sweetest smile on her face and she gently patted my stomach. It gave me the chills. I seriously believe that children have a higher sense of awareness about some things. So the next morning, I thought, what the heck, and tested. It was positive!
Very cool story!

My first symptoms both times were a really bad lower back ache and pizza cravings. I normally don't even eat pizza so I thought something was up.

Rachel - Married to my Best friend & Mama to Quinn Patrick 7/18/08 - Mama to : Clover too

User Tag List