Mothering Forum banner

??? for you pregnant lactating mommas!

824 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  its_our_family 
#1 ·
i have a list of new questions for ya!

I'm 16 weeks so I've passed that initial drop in supply. I had some problems and then they resolved and then another drop and I think it is resolving now..

My questions then are:

When does milk quality change?
When does colostrum come in? (Is it different from when you aren't already lactating...I remember leaking with pg #1 but don't remember when)
Can Tracy nurse out all of the colostrum or does my body know what to do?
Is your milk supply directly related to your water intake?

Thanks a ton!!

#2 ·
When does milk quality change? Constantly? I know the flavor changed in first tri, then the supply in second. Now I have milk again but DS doesn't seem to notice the difference.
:
When does colostrum come in? (Is it different from when you aren't already lactating...I remember leaking with pg #1 but don't remember when) I'm not sure. I finally have milk again at 29 weeks.
Can Tracy nurse out all of the colostrum or does my body know what to do? Your body knows what to do. It'll know when the new babe comes out and will adjust accordingly.
Is your milk supply directly related to your water intake? Yes.

#3 ·
All of those things probably depends on the woman in question.
DD mentioned that my milk tasted yuckky and was all gone before I even got that BFP!
My milk dropped immediately. At around 12-14 weeks, it came back up somewhat.
colostrum is produced sometime during the second trimester. I think mine switched about the same time I noticed an increase in supply, at the beginning of the 2nd tri.

Milk (and colostrum) production is based mostly on supply and demand. Your breasts won't run dry no matter what some mis-informed people might want to say!

#4 ·
So, i think my milk has changed in the alst few days. I feel like my supply has tripled and I have that whole hard breast thing if ds doens't nurse and he only nurses at night and for naps

So, I guess this is a good thing....right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.