23 DPO - what would cause this? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-25-2007, 03:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I got a BFP 2 days ago. Up until then, my only symptom was sore bbs, tired and no AF. Suddenly, after finding out, I got a lot of symptoms.

I have been nauseous non-stop since finding out. I also completely 100% lost my appetite (that never happens!). Would that be early morning sickness? Or is it anxiety-induced? Ever since I found out, I've been in total panic-mode. I'm scared as heck and I'm suddenly thinking, "what have I done??" I have to admit, any change is brutally hard for me. I have a 5 year old DD and the thought that our lives will totally change now is freaking me out HUGE.

I feel so guilty because I honestly haven't even felt happy yet. I just feel scared and sick-to-my-stomach. Like really scared. I suppose the nausea is more a side effect of that than real pregnancy symptoms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2007, 04:25 AM

that was me two weeks ago (I am 24 DPO, just found out much sooner than you, we were CTA). I think for me, the vomiting was nerves. I still have no appetite, but I haven't thrown up anymore. so my vote is for nerves, though it isn't unheard of for morning sickness to set in early. taking extra B6 seemed to help things for me.

I was not excited. this is a surprise pregnancy for us. I was/am terrified. I posted about it and was reassured that a lot of women, even those that were TTC, feel scared and not excited. things are sinking in now and I'm getting used to the idea. once the shock wears off, you'll feel better

(and congrats )
Old 12-25-2007, 05:35 AM
DBZ

I lose my appetite when I get pregnant. I remember when I was pregnant with #3, we went to a potluck. I normally love the food there, but I had less on my plate then some 3 year olds. A day or two later I realized I was late and defiantely pregnant. I also had the sore boobs.

Kara, single mom of 4 girls (5, 8, 16 and 19) crochetsmilie.gif
Kids have strokes too! superhero.gif 

Old 12-25-2007, 05:49 AM

I will be 18 weeks on Friday and I STILL have no appetite. Today I ate a small cucumber salad and that was around 4. I could not get myself to eat anything else today.

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
Old 12-25-2007, 01:54 PM

I've been pretty freaked out too. I think part of the issue is that it happened so fast- I thought I'd have a few more months of trying to get used to the idea. Plus, it still seems so unreal. Like, maybe those 8 sticks that I peed on are wrong somehow.

It's so hard to not overanalyze every little twinge or impulse, isn't it?

Sleepy mama to Colin Theodore 8-12-08 and Trevor Arthur 7-17-12.

Old 12-25-2007, 04:37 PM

I think your hormones also encourage freaking out, so if you're naturally inclined to it, you've got extra encouragement from your body chemistry.

Hang in there! You might want to look into how much of the roiling stomach could be acid-based, which gets worse with anxiety, and whether you could start sipping some calming teas or using some rescue remedy or something to help you cope with the stress and keep your stomach on an even keel. Because starting out with nausea even in the weeks before Morning Sickness kicks in just doesn't sound like a good idea at all...

Spending all of my money and time on this wild, wild life.

User Tag List