Do babies drop long before due date? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-01-2008, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As in I'm 25 weeks and I swear my baby just dropped. This is my second, I'm fairly sure that is what has happened. My husband concurs I'm carrying a whole lot lower then before he went to the store.

Urgh, does this mean a super early labour? Any one have any experience?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2008, 01:19 AM

I'm sorry to say that my experience was an early labor! DS was engaged at around 26/27 weeks and came at 35 weeks. He was a really big (6#7oz), healthy premie but a bit of a premie regardless. This one dropped around 25 weeks and I have to admit I'm kinda freaking out. This one seems much smaller than ds and I cannot go ANY earlier than he was born.

All of that said, I have a good friend who said that with her first she was engaged at around 27 weeks and delivered at 39 wks with no signs of preterm labor. With her twins Baby A was engaged even earlier (25 wks) and she went post-dates. So, I'm really banking on it not necessarily meaning anything about early labor. Mabye it just means we have lovely, roomy birthing pelvises!

me, wife to dh, the movie geek (7/01), mama to ds1, budding Star Wars geek (10/05), dd, budding princess of the dirt (03/08) and ds2, budding extrovert. watch out! (8/10).
Old 01-01-2008, 01:34 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks MonP'titBoudain. It sounds much better than going into labour tomorrow. I'm not going to panic (or put myself on bedrest... yet!)

I've just been kicked in the ribs instead of the bladder, so I'm guessing wee babe has turned himself around.

Pregnancy is so weird. I wish I had an observation window into my belly, like an aquarium?
Old 01-01-2008, 02:29 PM

My 2nd dropped around 28 weeks and my 3rd was never high.

User Tag List