Fruitful4Him - Baby #5
Cullens_Girl
bobandjess99
Dov's Mom
Snookler - 29 yo Baby #2
Teenytoona - 32 yo Baby #1
butterfly_mommy
mama_nym - Baby #5
khanni Dylan Jay (baby #2) born 3/19 11:34 AM 8 lbs 8 oz 21" Born at home.
women!!!
:

:
: The Marvelous Mamas
:

DBZ #4
lilkat - 28 yo Baby #1
CDC - 35 yo Baby #4
avasmomleigh - Baby #2
Tiffany, 38 y.o., baby #3
KariM
ChristyH
Mama_Ani
amyjeans
Jennisee - Baby #2
SweetGuyaba - Baby #2
Sheekara, Baby #1
Esper
Anno - 39 yo Baby #2
Seren - 25yo
veggijessie
OutOfMyMindYo - 23yo
K's Mom! - Baby #3
bluepetals Baby #2
jennythx Baby #2
Lairvine - 27 yo Baby #2
heatherraddley - 24 yo Baby #2
Kidzaplenty #9
~Megan~ 27yo Baby #3
LoobyLoo 34yo Baby #1
cbwsmama 40yo Baby #2
Mamatolea Baby #2

:

Looks like we need to bump some down to the delivered area so let me know when you had your babe and any stats you want to share.

If you want to be added to this list then PM me please.

See less See more
#303 ·
Ladies send me all your good vibes!
I'm 30.5 weeks and have put off the GTT, but at today's mw appt. I am definitely declining the test. I'm worried about their response, because clearly I'm a plus-sized (age 24, 5'4, size 16), but my pregnancy weight gain/loss is currently at -18 pounds. I already worry enough as it is about being classified high risk due to my size, I don't want to take a test known for false positives that would make someone think I'm going to have a giant baby.

#305 ·
Okay, I have returned from the appt. unsuccessful. I was told that should I decline the test, it will just be assumed that I have GD. The mw I saw tonight sees no reason why I would test positive but said that I should get the test just to have the negative. However my current insurance doesn't cover lab work. I'm switching carriers next week and will see if they cover it. (My first lab work done at 12 weeks cost me $400 out of pocket.) Ugh. By the time I get the test done I will be 32 weeks and won't have another appt. until 34 weeks. What's the point to find out 6 weeks before my due date?

#306 ·
Well actually that is when GD becomes most serious, and most likely, so there is a reason to know, however, it is SO much more accurate and useful just to do monitoring and you can either borrow a monitor from someone or you can get ones fairly cheap. You can go pick one up at the pharmacy tonight and find out.

You would then test your fasting blood sugar and after meal ones at home and if you have GD it will absolutely show up and there would be almost no chance of a false postivie. Can you talk to your midwife about doing that instead? Its a little bit of a pain to prick your finger all the time, but its not that big a deal. Where are you in MA? Anywhere near me? I'm out in Western Mass, near Amherst/Northampton.

They are never happy btw when someone loses weight in pregnancy, even though there is some evidence that for truly obese women weight loss is actually associated with fewer complications. I really wish the whole US medical system would just get off of their weight obsession, there isn't much evidence that supports regular weighing of pregnant patients anyway.

I did lose 40 pounds btw with my last pregnancy (which sucked actually) but I did still have GD, so weight loss alone doesn't make you immune to it, though it may make it easier to control.

#307 ·
(xposted on Nov DDC)

Yesterday my husband and I were outside on our town common playing games with a large group of our friends and some other people we knew but not well. We were all sitting down taking a break and one of our friends asked me a question about the baby. The woman sitting next to me (who I hadn't seen since last winter) asked who was having a baby. I told her that we were and she laughed and said, "No way." She asked when I was due, and when I told her I was due in 9 weeks, she said I didn't look pregnant at all. I said that it must be because she'd only seen me sitting down and I had a bag in my lap. So, I stood up and she told me, "No. You don't look pregnant at all, just fat. If you were walking down a street I promise no one would know that you are pregnant, they would just think that you were really fat." Ugh. I clearly look pregnant. I told her that if this was some odd way of complimenting me or telling me that I look too good to be pregnant that I didn't take it that way and that it wasn't a nice thing to say. Her response, "I wasn't complimenting you, I'm just saying you look really fat." All of our friends were horrified and let her know it. What a UAV!

#308 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nautical View Post
(xposted on Nov DDC)

Yesterday my husband and I were outside on our town common playing games with a large group of our friends and some other people we knew but not well. We were all sitting down taking a break and one of our friends asked me a question about the baby. The woman sitting next to me (who I hadn't seen since last winter) asked who was having a baby. I told her that we were and she laughed and said, "No way." She asked when I was due, and when I told her I was due in 9 weeks, she said I didn't look pregnant at all. I said that it must be because she'd only seen me sitting down and I had a bag in my lap. So, I stood up and she told me, "No. You don't look pregnant at all, just fat. If you were walking down a street I promise no one would know that you are pregnant, they would just think that you were really fat." Ugh. I clearly look pregnant. I told her that if this was some odd way of complimenting me or telling me that I look too good to be pregnant that I didn't take it that way and that it wasn't a nice thing to say. Her response, "I wasn't complimenting you, I'm just saying you look really fat." All of our friends were horrified and let her know it. What a UAV!

Are you kidding me? What a b****!

#309 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nautical View Post
Her response, "I wasn't complimenting you, I'm just saying you look really fat." All of our friends were horrified and let her know it. What a UAV!

Good for your other friends for letting her have it!

#310 ·
Uh yeah, I don't know what that lady was trying to accomplish by those statements.

I've gained about 15? lbs with the little one, and I'm at 27 weeks. I had only been gaining about a lb a month until the past two appointments when I put on four each time. However, dd has gone from 15oz to 2.2lbs, so I guess I myself haven't really gained much. My doctor hasn't commented negatively on it, or on my pre pregnancy weight in general which is suprising since I've always been a hefty girl. I'm low risk as of now, but I do have my glucose test next month. While of course I don't want to show up positive, I'm also not too upset by it simply because I haven't had anything show up on the piss tests so far. Hopefully even if I show up positive my doctor will be as laid back as he has been so far and we can get this pregnancy thing over with with only positive things to report.

#311 ·
I was in for a MW appointment yesterday, and in two weeks I've lost 3/4 of a lb. ????? Whatever. the two weeks before that I'd gained 3 lbs, anfter only gaining 1/2 lb the month before. My MW's are really great, actually, no matter what my gain/loss has been, all they've said is, 'oh, that's not out of the ordinary/we see that all the time.'
I love those girls!

Actually they treat so many Amish, who I'm sure don't even own a such thing as a bathroom scale. They just have no use for one, when you make your own clothes, who cares how much you weigh?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.