18 hcg- 10 dpo - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-11-2008, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone! well i went in for my blood test yesterday at 10 dpo and it came back with hcg level of 18. is this normal or is it way too low?
#2 of 5 Old 01-11-2008, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyHopes View Post
Hi everyone! well i went in for my blood test yesterday at 10 dpo and it came back with hcg level of 18. is this normal or is it way too low?
I think what matters the most is how the numbers behave over a series of days. My hcg level at 14 days dpo was around 72 and then tripled in 72 hours. In order to get an accurate read on what is going on, you need to have a serial HCG test done 48 to 72 hours after your first one.

Since it is only 10 days dpo, I wouldn't worry about the absolute number. Most pregnancy tests only start to show positives at a minimum of 25 and they advise you to take the test on the first day of your missed period.

Good luck!
#3 of 5 Old 01-11-2008, 05:27 PM

You can't tell too much by one #. You need to get a second test in 48-72 hours to make sure it more than doubles.

Rachel - Married to my Best friend & Mama to Quinn Patrick 7/18/08 - Mama to : Clover too
#4 of 5 Old 01-11-2008, 05:42 PM

I agree that you can't tell much from one number. That number looks good to me though. My beta w/ DD at 10DPO was 9.

SugarMama to Chatterbox Zoe (almost 4) and Locomotive Miles (2)
#5 of 5 Old 01-11-2008, 07:27 PM
SMR

Hi! My numbers were 159 for 17dpo - the doc had me come in for another one 2 days later (which was today) so I'm hoping they double.. but as someone else said, that seems to be the most important thing.. besides, you're SOOOO early on.. I can't imagine it'd be normal to be much higher than that at 10dpo?? Best wishes to ya!

Shannon Shaun - DH (and boyfriend since I was 16). my sweet Gwen 1/1/06 missing Dresden born sleeping 39 weeks 9/9/08 :, Delaney is scheduled to arrive 8/31/09 Odin&Loki :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page