Pregnant with adrenal fatigue? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-15-2008, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do any of you have insight on this?

I was diagnosed with adrenal fatigue in May 2006. Since then, I've been up and down with my cortisol levels (done through saliva testing), and have been on various supplements. The last time saliva testing was done, my cortisol levels were back down again (that was last June, I believe). At that time, I went back on the original supp's that seemed to help my adrenals recover a bit before.

I've also tried to change my attitude about life in general so that I'm not always feeling stress. My sleep habits have varied, sometimes I do get enough sleep, sometimes I don't. My diet overall has improved, I've been trying to do more whole foods....but...even within that, I worry that I've had too much fruit. I do quite a bit of fruit smoothies and they always have banana's in them. Even having fruit sugar in a whole food form, can be a bad thing for adrenals. That is really frustrating, actually!

So, now that I'm pregnant, I wonder how this is going to affect me, and the baby? I've never been PG before with adrenal fatigue (that I know of!), so this is new territory. Is there something special that I need to be doing now to make sure my adrenals don't crash while being pregnant? Obviously a good diet is going to be part of that. And getting plenty of sleep. Stress is a relative thing....I figure life is always going to be at least somewhat stressful....its my attitude and how I handle it that I think is ultimately going to make or break me. What else can I do? My holistic doc is checking to see if the adrenal supp's I was on prior are safe for pregnancy. He's never had a client like me, with adrenal fatigue and pregnant.
#2 of 2 Old 01-15-2008, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not familiar with adrenal fatigue, but I see a homeopath/intuitive healer and last week was complaining to her that I felt so tired and rundown, and maybe my iron was low. She thought my iron was fine, but said (exact quote): "your adrenals are screaming for help!" She put me on a homeopathic remedy, and I feel a million times better!!! I didn't even realize just how crummy I had been feeling!

So perhaps you can see a homeopath who could help with this? Most homeopathics are safe during pregnancy, and a homeopath would know which ones aren't. I am taking a "synergystic remedy" which is a bunch of homeopathics mixed together, so it's not something you could just get at the health food store. Otherwise I would recommend it .

Mama to M (7/05) and S (5/08) my surprise !!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page