mother's milk pouch sling? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-16-2008, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wondering if any of you all have tried an adjustable mother's milk sling, and how they are....I'd rather just get one sling to fit both DH and I, versus buying two. ANy info? THanks!
#2 of 6 Old 01-16-2008, 06:18 PM

You might want to post this in Baby wearing...but...I bought one and I didn't really like it. I saw a mom in a mall one day and asked her where she got it because it LOOKED comfortable, but for my dd and I it wasn't comfortable at all. Adjusting it, is a pain in the butt too....but maybe it's just me.

If you are wanting to have a sling that both you and dh could wear may I suggest a ring sling (although your dh might not like the ring but if he is willing to wear a sling than I don't think it should be a problem). I didn't find the learning curve with it hard at all. I found it really easy. ....if it is a pouch sling you are looking for I have a Hotsling and I LOVED it.

HTH.
#3 of 6 Old 01-16-2008, 09:29 PM

I second the ringed slings. I have a kangaroo korner sling with a ring adjustment and it works really well for both dh and me. It's SUPER adjustable as any ring would be (I'm 5'3 and quite small, he's 6') and you have the option of padding across the shoulder.

Divorced mama to baby girl (7/5/06) and baby boy (8/5/08) Into anything fun and creative!
#4 of 6 Old 01-18-2008, 04:22 PM - Thread Starter

I guess I've never heard good things about the ring slings before now, or maybe I just made that up!? The ring is comfortable? anyoone else tried a mother's milk sling?
Thank you all!
#5 of 6 Old 01-18-2008, 04:40 PM

: I have the same question. My Dh doesn't like ring slings so that is not an option for us but I have been looking at the MMAP for a while and I would like to hear from others who have used them.
#6 of 6 Old 01-18-2008, 09:44 PM

I am guessing that you are talking about a Mamma's Milk sling? I have one, and I LOVE it. Dd just grew out of the cradle hold, but she loves the heart to heart or hip hold in it. She just turned 7 months. I did have to buy two sizes since dh is really a much bigger size than I am. It is a bit of a pain to adjust, but I don't adjust it every time. I just put it on, slide her in, and away we go. DH still hasn't used his. Oh well! If dh and I were closer to the same size, then we could have easily used just one.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page